PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Except leave out the flying stab tackle from pes5. Annoying as hell.

Except leave out the flying stab tackle from pes5. Annoying as hell.

I'm trying really hard to remember that tackle. Tackles are one of my favourite parts of footy games too! I still long for tackles that vary depending on the weather. This Is Football was great for sliding in the rain :D

beep beep boop boop

The problem with Konami is that they don't know how to play the expectation game. This is compounded by them going up against a game backed by EA, a company that releases a dozen sport games a year. Konami, in comparison, have one successful football series, an unsuccessful one and a track and field game on the PS1.

In all honesty you should be pretty pumped for Fifa right about now, that's why they direct so much money into marketing. If you weren't excited than that would be a pretty ominous sign.

After watching Fifa slowly adapt over the past 10 years, to see people write off Pro Evo after one off colour game seems a bit premature to me.

LiberoGrande

Libero Grande occupied a large portion of my childhood.

Wow! So me, Badgerman and Lami all still play Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution! Must be a great game if thats the case.

Still the idea that a wrong timed tackle would get a free kick was very real and since free kicks were pretty easy to score it was a lot of fun playing on line because once the forward was close to the box you had to defend mostly by positioning urself well.

Pes6 is screwed up by sliding tackles, u play 2v2 on line u can't even pass the ball since the other fuckers use sliding tackles to intercept every second pass.

I'm playing a lot of PES2008 and UEFA (don't like FIFA08 -> shooting, responsiveness) in comparison at the moment.

UEFA: controls on manual, pro difficulty, button config on new alt.
PES: crossing on type 5, 5 star difficulty

it was hard work to get used to UEFA/FIFA's manual control, but it's definitely worth to learn.

In past times (WE6-10/PES1-6/PS2) my only dream was PES gameplay with FIFA licenses. The situation has changed now:

- I don't want to miss manual shooting/passing from FIFA/UEFA. The ball physics still need to be improved though. Before playing UEFA, I was satisfied the way PES interprets my control. Now I feel bound to the AI's decicions. semi/auto on FIFA/UEFA still is behind PES (which is kind of semi), though

- it's a pleasure to have fully licensed teams. I don't think we'll ever get a PES edit mode that makes this obsolete (speaking about consoles, not PC) My dream would be to implement "full texture import" in PES...

- I'm pleased with UEFA's animations. PES really feels "stiff" now. FIFA's new collision system is looking even more promising. I don't see PES closing this gap in 2009.

on the other hand I don't want to miss all the (small) things, that made PES superior:

- different players/teams really feel different (maybe FIFA09 gets closer this year...) when you play with or against them.

- PES is full of nice and lively animations: moaning, cheering, frustration, keeper playing monkey on the bar.... This aspect is totally missing in FIFA and it add so much to the athmosphere

- KONAMI has been more innovative in adding gameplay features (don't want to evaluate them): hand play, fairplay rule, AI tries to steal time when leading, diving, freekicks, keeper comes up, disallowed offside goals andy many more. I don't know why it takes ages for EA to copy them at least.

- Aerial action doesn't happen in EA games at all (free kicks, crosses, corners)

____

I'm looking forward to both games. Unfortunately I won't get the "perfect" footie game again this year.
At least it's an interesting race: will Konami finally invent a "next generation" gameplay engine or will EA catch up with all the things that make the difference between playing a computer game or "playing football"

I don't have high expectations towards PES2009, so it will surprize me in positive way.

Seabass had better bring back the 'covering' option in the tactics menu from PES5, defensive midfielders aren't the same without it.

I got PES5 today and everything clicked almost instantly, also some of the animations still look great.

stil pes2008 on ps2 online for me,
j.league winning eleven 2008 in 2 weeks ;)

I'm trying really hard to remember that tackle. Tackles are one of my favourite parts of footy games too! I still long for tackles that vary depending on the weather. This Is Football was great for sliding in the rain :D
You know what, I have TIF and never played it... I'll give it a shot!

About that tackle, player behind u magically sends both his feet flying from back to front with against gravity balance to snatch the ball. Ring a bell?
Wow! So me, Badgerman and Lami all still play Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution! Must be a great game if thats the case.
Mind you, I only play with the plain ball ;) From far it looks like a ball from real games.
Pes6 is screwed up by sliding tackles, u play 2v2 on line u can't even pass the ball since the other fuckers use sliding tackles to intercept every second pass.

Charlie, I think pes6 is a bit fast. Try WE10 ;) Also Makelele is pretty immense on it

You know what, I have TIF and never played it... I'll give it a shot!

About that tackle, player behind u magically sends both his feet flying from back to front with against gravity balance to snatch the ball. Ring a bell?

What TIF have you got? I can't for the life of me which one I played. It might have been 2003 but im not completely sure. My mate had it on his PS2. It had 2 footed tackles and slide tackles which left marks on the grass when the rain setting was on. The overall gameplay is probably terrible now when you play it but back then it felt decent enough.

As for that tackle, my mind is still blank! Argh!! I need you to find a youtube link for me, hah

I'm only playing the PS2 version of PES08, still think the old gen ones offer better gameplay than any of the new ones, and more of my mates have it so easier to do Master League tournaments etc, although I didnt like it as much to begin with, but now its still great haha.

I never knew you could import JPEGs on thePS3 version, didnt think it was possible, as when it was first out, there was loads of speculation about importing a picture of your face and then making a person from that etc. Could you add GIF's so theres a transparent background etc.

Yeah I would also like to know of this tackle, I cannot remember.

Last edited:

What TIF have you got? I can't for the life of me which one I played. It might have been 2003 but im not completely sure. My mate had it on his PS2. It had 2 footed tackles and slide tackles which left marks on the grass when the rain setting was on. The overall gameplay is probably terrible now when you play it but back then it felt decent enough.

This

921157_55393_front.jpg

Seabass had better bring back the 'covering' option in the tactics menu from PES5, defensive midfielders aren't the same without it.

I got PES5 today and everything clicked almost instantly, also some of the animations still look great.
I played PES 5 the other night and it was great gameplay-wise. The best in the PES-series. When you see that, then there is no doubt if Konami can catch on with FIFA. Gameplay-wise PES 5 is still better than FIFA 08. If Konami can make this, they certainly can do it on a superior machine.

Last edited:

WE9 LEK won't be matched by any fifa before 2020.....

but pes6 is better for 2v2.

All this talk of PES5 is making me want to dust it off. I remember its matches having a great pace to them and the 'keepers seemed more alert.

Caracciolo was my lumbering hero too.

I played PES 5 the other night and it was great gameplay-wise. The best in the PES-series. When you see that, then there is no doubt if Konami can catch on with FIFA. Gameplay-wise PES 5 is still better than FIFA 08. If Konami can make this, they certainly can do it on a superior machine.
definetly agree with that. do you guys remember a mod program that was like a online lobby system for the pc users playing online?

in it you could arrange and create your own tournaments, keep track of live scores HAS IT happens. LIVE commentary ie it will alert u exactly when someone has scored from a particular match and who scored it too.

It was the best ever mod i have seen on a PES game and this is the soul reason why i want PES09 to be superior then fifa09 unless fifa09 is mod friendly.

Have you guys heard that a number of people in this said forum are working on a special mod that re does the whole master league structure? its called fixtures server and is being implemented now for pes08 as we speak.

Never liked the auto sidestep in pes5 though. That is why i prefer we8le and we10. But yes pes5 is a good game ofcourse.

yap it was crap indeed, plus player model do look a bit ugly compared to we10

I really enjoyed the previous post by Terry_Butcher. Well thought out and well written. This is what a forum is supposed to be like. Discussion about PES without the flaming and personal attacks. I like what the Mods have done with this thread. If you don't like the direction PES is going then by all means speak your mind and vice-versa. Nobody should be attacked for having either feeling.
On another note I have been playing WE9(US version) lately and I really like the balance and the pace. You have to be more creative to get by a defender but it's certainly not impossible. I think the CPU is very tough in defense, but not very good in attack. I do find the auto-sidestep very annoying and I hope they never add that in any future additions. But overall an excellent game. I personally found J-League 2007 to be the best version I have ever played. The control, pace, and balance between attack and defense was almost perfect. I really love that game. Not to mention Fantasista. If Be A Legend mode on PES 2009 is modeled after Fantasista, then people should be happy because I never even bothered with ML on JLeague 2007. Fantasista was too addicting.

I never played WE9:LE either. Did any of you try Winning Eleven 10: Liveware Evolution?

This has been put in Euro 2008, when it's raining the players slide a lot further.

stil pes2008 on ps2 online for me,
j.league winning eleven 2008 in 2 weeks ;)

Pes 2008 on ps2 is the version i play when my friends come over its great fun and still have the magical pes feeling inside .
Although lately i have come to like the gameplay in the next gen version to but its almost unplayable on the ps3 online ... much better on 360 which suprised me... but i guess konami had more problem with the ps3 version and i hope and pray that they had the time to learn the machine properly this time around .
Im happy with a tweaked next gen version that include better goalies and oldtime pes defenceplay..and thats what i think i will get this year ...oh and ofcoure a working onlinemode to .. then my love for pes will return at full strength again

No one liked PES2008 (PS3 version). I also didn't like it, that's why I've been playing the PS2 version and didn't bought the PS3 version. But inspired of that, everyone is interested in PES2009 and that's because we believe in Konami. We that have been playing the game since PS1 know that FIFA can't provide the same feeling, can't provide the feeling that we can do whatever we want in so many different ways, like in PES. I hope the PS3 version of PES2009 will be up to the challenge or I will be playing the PS2 version again. But I know one thing, someday PES will be great on the PS3 because I believe that once they understand PS3's technology completely they will be able to recreate all the good things in the PS2 versions and implement new things they couldn't on the PS2. It happened once and it will happen once again. Let's hope it could be in this next PES.

No one liked PES2008 (PS3 version). I also didn't like it, that's why I've been playing the PS2 version and didn't bought the PS3 version. But inspired of that, everyone is interested in PES2009 and that's because we believe in Konami. We that have been playing the game since PS1 know that FIFA can't provide the same feeling, can't provide the feeling that we can do whatever we want in so many different ways, like in PES. I hope the PS3 version of PES2009 will be up to the challenge or I will be playing the PS2 version again. But I know one thing, someday PES will be great on the PS3 because I believe that once they understand PS3's technology completely they will be able to recreate all the good things in the PS2 versions and implement new things they couldn't on the PS2. It happened once and it will happen once again. Let's hope it could be in this next PES.

ditto. there is somthing about PES which keeps me addicted to it all the time. with fifa i played it for half a year and that was that. i dont know, PES has somthing in the gameplay(old gen) that fifa doesnt have

If KONAMI want create a good game and defeat Fifa 09 they should mix Pes 3 to Pes 6(old engine)and implement
to new Pes 2009!!This a key to win!

Last edited:

ditto. there is somthing about PES which keeps me addicted to it all the time. with fifa i played it for half a year and that was that. i dont know, PES has somthing in the gameplay(old gen) that fifa doesnt have

there's also something about the game menus, it's chaotic compared to pes when it comes to select a starting XI. and the shoting is awfull as well. having said that pes 08 for the ps3, is to fast the keepers are rubish and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom