PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dar

Part Timer
Staff
21 February 2003
Dublin
THIS IS STRICTLY A PES 2009 DISCUSSION THREAD. NO BASHING. IF YOU DONT LIKE PES, THATS FINE, BUT DONT COME IN HERE BASHING PEOPLE'S OPINIONS OR CONSTANTLY ATTACKING THE GAME. SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT. This is a warning.

Official Press Release (thanks lami)
PES Unites!
Konami unveils new modes and gamplay additions as PES 2009 strives to band together PES players in the quest for football perfection

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has revealed further details of the many gameplay additions in its forthcoming PES 2009 title, and has explained its unique ‘PES Unites’ slogan that has been designed to band together fans of the beautiful game via its new game modes.

Due for release on PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PlayStation®2, PC-DVD, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and mobile phones in Autumn 2008 (followed by a Wii version in spring 2009), PES 2009 has been reworked from the ground up. New player models, AI elements and physics routines all combine to create the most advanced and realistic football game ever, but at the heart of PES 2009 are two new modes designed to make players rethink the way they approach the game.

‘PES Unites’ is the key phrase Konami is using to sum up the ethos of the new game. PES 2009 also improves on its many existing game modes and adds a number of new ways to play the game. Central to this is the new ‘Become a Legend’ solo mode, which casts the user as a midfielder or striker within a match. Using a default vertical camera view, the player starts as a rookie pro at the start of their career, and charts the many highs and lows of becoming a professional player. An extension of the popular ‘Fix’ mode, the ‘Become a Legend’ mode sees the player operate in their favoured attacking position, and work as part of the overall team as opposed to controlling every member as in a normal game.

If successful, the player must first cement their place in the starting line-up with strong performances, before catching the eye of bigger clubs and earning a move to top flight teams. Of course, results are everything in modern day football, and players must force their way into contention or face lengthy stints as a substitute or eventually be forced to take a step down to a smaller club if performances are not good enough. The ‘Become a Legend’ mode has already proved a massive hit in Japanese versions of PES since 2007, and is certain to enjoy similar status across Europe.

PES 2009 also boasts an online variant of the ‘Become a Legend’ mode, entitled simply ‘Legends.’ Players can use their saved player in online matches with like-minded friends, and can show their skills on the larger online stage.

The PES series has always been famed for its deep yet accessible control system, but the new game is aiming even higher. PES 2009 offers an unprecedented level of control, redefining the intricacies of first touch, close control and ball distribution, while also enhancing its shooting and AI mechanisms to create an all-round footballing experience. Konami’s Tokyo-based Pro Evolution Soccer Production Team has introduced new control systems wherein the player can now perform tricks and feints without the use of special moves, but within the context of the player’s run and via rapid turns and movements of the Dpad or analogue stick.

Likewise, the way the player guides the ball has been changed. The PES series has always treated the ball as a separate entity, but new calculations related to the air resistance and friction of the ground make passing and movement in PES 2009 a great deal more realistic. Different weather conditions will now have a more pronounced effect on the weight and movement of passes, with players having to compensate for more heavy conditions in poor weather.

Producer Shingo ‘Seabass’ Takatsuka and his team have also worked to extend the remit of their Teamvision AI routines, with on-screen team mates adapting their tactics according to current situations, and moving into space to assist the player in attacking and defensive situations. Teamvision also recognizes strategies that work for or against it, and will accumulate the data for use in Master League and League mode.

“It is an honour to know that our game is enjoyed by so many people from different backgrounds,” said Takatsuka of the new additions. “From top professional players, to football enthusiasts and kids who just want a kickabout in the streets, its appeal is widening all the time. The new Become a Legend and Legends Modes are designed to convey the pressure and pace a real pro experiences, with players working as part of a strong side and working to prove their merit as a player. I feel great and motivated when people enjoy our games, and feel the new modes will open up new ways to enjoy PES.”

The ever-present Master League has also been reworked, with negotiations now a lot simpler and conducted on a two-tier club and personal basis, while loyalty now plays a part with disaffected players’ moods having an adverse affect on their performances.

Adding an all-new layer of gloss to PES 2009’s much-enhanced realism, the game has also undergone a radical aesthetic upgrade. Stadiums now have more realistic environment and atmospheric elements, while the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360 versions will also showcase LED hoardings. Likewise, the way distance is shown has been changed, with the use of contrast adding a depth field to the action, while there is also a new vertical camera angle that automatically switches to a closer proximity during key one-on-one situations.

Every player in the game has also been totally redefined, with all new face and body detail, with further facial animations and kit detailing adding to the realism. The game’s Edit mode has also been boosted with the ability to create bespoke matches via the importing of faces, kits, and even sound files for specific music and crowd chants for any team. A new Pixel Paint system has also been integrated, allowing players to create their own club crests and badges to add to their home-grown kits.

“We have pulled out all the stops to make PES 2009 a landmark in footballing games,” commented Jon Murphy, PES Project Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “From the most basic controls, through to the wide-ranging additions to game modes such as ‘Become a Legend’, all-new visuals, sound, and the Edit mode, Seabass and his team have strived to cram as much as they can into the new game. And with more online announcements to follow, there is every reason to believe that PES 2009 is the football game everyone has been waiting for.”

Articles:
01 JULY 2008

COMPUTERANDVIDEOGAMES: First PES 2009 info

Screenshots:
01 JULY 2008

121246.jpg

121247.jpg

121248.jpg

121249.jpg

121250.jpg

121251.jpg

121252.jpg

121253.jpg

121254.jpg

121255.jpg

121256.jpg

121257.jpg

121258.jpg

pes2009hg2.jpg

Leipzig
000212403.jpg

Konami announce confirmed games for Leipzig
Posted by Talk Playstationon Jul.09, 2008 at 1:54 pmK onami have announced their games for Leipzig. Silent Hill Homecoming and PES 2009 are said to be attending the this year’s Games Convention in Leipzig.

“Konami goes into this year’s Games Convention with a very, very strong line-up that mixes familiar titles with exciting new concepts,”

Here’s the full press release Konami have issued.

Konami readies Leipzig line-up

Publisher to unveil key new releases at key Euro event

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH is promising a stunning line-up of new titles to be unveiled at this year’s Games Convention in Leipzig.

Held in Leipzig’s stunning Convention Centre from August 20.-24.08. Games Convention 2008 is set to be Europe’s largest showing of new product. Konami will use the five-day event to showcase a number of new titles for the first time, including PES 2009, Silent Hill Homecoming and a massive area dedicated to the ever-popular DancingStage franchise. Konami will also use the event to unveil a selection of new, unannounced titles for the first time, with regular showings, Q&A sessions, and product demonstrations within a dedicated stage area.

“Konami goes into this year’s Games Convention with a very, very strong line-up that mixes familiar titles with exciting new concepts,” commented Martin Schneider, Sales and Marketing Director Germany for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “This year will see more of the fruits of our excellent European RnD push, in addition to stunning titles from Japan. As such, we feel Konami will deliver one of the most diverse and imaginative product lines-ups of the show, and look forward to unveiling our new titles in Leipzig.”

Thanks Kaiwai, Junka and ThomasGOAL

Rumors
From pesgaming.com:

PES 2009 Champions League Mode
Posted by Peter Willis in PES 2009 News on Wed 09 Jul 2008
I was informed last week that Konami had indeed acquired the Champions League licence, but told it may not be in PES 2009. I was then told 2 days ago that it is in fact going to feature in Pro Evo 2009… but opted not to post it as there is a NDA in place. But, you know what, I didn’t sign any NDA - Konami never tell us a thing, they apparently don’t care about 10,000 PES fans coming through our door every single day. Not one single acknowledgement came from Konami following Dan Bolas’ massive effort at putting together a letter containing the thoughts of the fans.

So screw ‘em, this post is a little bit of a two fingers up to Konami for ignoring us for the past 6 years. You may already know this if you hunt through the forums of a certain website for long enough, but…

The Champions League mode WILL be in Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Not a seperate game.

That is all.

First PES2009 Teaser Trailer:
http://www.video.dpadmagazine.com/20...er-2009-messi/

Newer Images
psclan3_1.jpg

psclan3_2.jpg

psclan3_3.jpg

psclan3_4.jpg

psclan3_hr_1.jpg

psclan3_hr_2.jpg

psclan3_hr_3.jpg

psclan3_hr_4.jpg

THIS IS STRICTLY A PES 2009 DISCUSSION THREAD. NO BASHING. IF YOU DONT LIKE PES, THATS FINE, BUT DONT COME IN HERE BASHING PEOPLE'S OPINIONS OR CONSTANTLY ATTACKING THE GAME. SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT. This is a warning.

Thanks Milanista for the original post.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Right, new thread, new beginning. We're cleaning the slate from here on in.

Productive discussion is encouraged, be it positive or negative but completely off topic and irrelevent discussion, flaming (including baiting) and personal attacks will not be tolerated in here.

Thanks,

Evo-Web Staff.

Has the old thread been removed? Was it really all that bad?
dont derail this thread please, let that old thread die and lets discuss PES please :)

One feature i would love PES to have is the ability for ps3 users to play againts pc users. they did this before with PES05 or was it 06? where PC users could play againts the PS2 users. wasnt laggy at all and provided more players to play againts online

• Staff

Yes, the decision was taken to cut our losses on the old thread and start afresh.

The last few pages of the old thread were discussion on how bad it was and not exactly PES related anyway, so it may as well have been binned. The initial post here is updated with all the actual info thats available anyway, but if I've missed something then let me know and feel free to post it also. :)

Yes, the decision was taken to cut our losses on the old thread and start afresh.

The last few pages of the old thread were discussion on how bad it was and not exactly PES related anyway, so it may as well have been binned. The initial post here is updated with all the actual info thats available anyway, but if I've missed something then let me know and feel free to post it also. :)
yea please update the first page of this thread please with latest news and media because its hard to dig out post after post just to keep up to date. i wished the fifa thread was like this

So anything said that is against PES is now wrong? :-ll I thought the old thread was fine too.

No, it was terrible and was filled with terrible posts and terrible people. Talking about it would only consign this one to the shitter too so let's avoid it.

edit: In short, everyone agreed with me which created a time paradox. The government then circumvented this website's security systems and were able to delete any evidence before anyone was any the wiser. Thus propelling me into my new career as a conspiracy-thriller novel writer.

Last edited:

Ok....didn't see this one coming.

How authentic has the news been thus far concerning the edit mode.
I have read that their are more boots and a pes6 equivalent edit mode minus the logos and sponsors.

So anything said that is against PES is now wrong? :-ll I thought the old thread was fine too.

Who said that? If you read the 2nd post clearly it says negative posts towards PES isn't discouraged aslong as they are constructive.

Ok....didn't see this one coming.

How authentic has the news been thus far concerning the edit mode.
I have read that their are more boots and a pes6 equivalent edit mode minus the logos and sponsors.

I've heard 15 boot slots and a whole lot more shirt patterns to mess with. How much of this is true is yet to be fully confirmed. My view is the edit mode will be similar to PES 6's with a few improvements /adjustments here and there.

Last edited:

just for info the PES2009 Trailer is fully in game, it's confirmed by KAiWAi himself and no more slowdown (gameplay and replay) :))

Right now everything has a question mark over it. On the edit mode though, I'd hazard a guess that it isn't the same as last years.

The only thing that I know for certain is that they've tweaked the ball physics, judging by the trailer, and I'm interested in seeing how this has affected shooting.

I also hope that they've made free kicks easier, not that I find them overly difficult, but that PES2008 had like a 50/50 chance of acting out what you actually press, and that's with the best of the best. Anyone like Sneijder hits a dead ball as if they're lame in one leg.

Last edited:

just for info the PES2009 Trailer is fully in game, it's confirmed by KAiWAi himself and no more slowdown :))

Do the in-game replays look identical to the scenes we saw in the trailer when messi does his tricks?

Stupid bashing is just idiotic. This is a PES thread where pes fans should be able to chat about it without getting bashed or disrespected. Constructive criticism is obviously fine.

just for info the PES2009 Trailer is fully in game, it's confirmed by KAiWAi himself and no more slowdown (gameplay and replay) :))

That is very good news Thomas. We've been suffering from slowdown for the last 3-4 pes games. Finally.

Do the in-game replays look identical to the scenes we saw in the trailer when messi does his tricks?

Was wondering this too?

Last edited:

Already a new one? We will have about 10 new pes09 threads before the game is even released with the nonsense that gets posted in here :D

Badger, can you not start a thread with a "Best Of Badgerman"? That would be briljant, and save me the waste of time going through the posts I would rather not read. I am sad you havent released any pieces yet, they were the highlight of last years pes experience.

great news Thomas and nice to see you back.

I thought the trailer looked good and with it being confirmed that its all in game then you can safely say things have taken a large turn for the better.

The ball physics have retained that weighty feel PES feel so great IMO, they always had good ball physics, its just they need to take advanage of the processing power to enhance everything else.

no framerate issues is a must now anyway so this news should not surprise most.

Having had another few looks at the trailer, i notice no concrete blocks holding down the nets.Also if the close up shots of messi's skill moves are in game, then that is truly stunning.

Last edited:

i heared that in the new pes, nike-boots were confirmed. is this a rumour is this true?

The guy that leaked the original info from his 'contact' might have mentioned different types of boots this time round that included Nike, but choose whether to believe that or not

The ball physics have retained that weighty feel PES feel so great IMO, they always had good ball physics, its just they need to take advanage of the processing power to enhance everything else.

Exactly. I love me some long shots and for the past few PES games the ball just looks right when travelling through the air.

Also my highlight from the trailer was the sound of the crossbar. That fucker sounded wooden, proper ghetto-like as if I down dogshit park having a kick about with my mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom