PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

Actually both CL license & 10 v 10 remain to be seen how each will actually play.

why do u think they added clan support?;)) to make it easier to play a 10v10 ranked match without cunts. you hardly find any cunt members in a clan. if u do they dont normaly stay long in that clan do they:DOH:

10v10 is not a gimmick. champions league licence is a gimmick

Yeah but clan matches are pre-arranged things that are a bit of a hassle.

If you just want to hop on at any time and enjoy a game then you're going to be put in with the rabble.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how EA handle it.

champions league licence is a gimmick

True

I've been in plenty of clans in my life but never been where the clan match required 10 players. Like badger says it will be a bit of a hassle to get 10 people online at the same time. We used to struggle at times getting 5 on for a CS match :P

If all the players hold their positions and don't do stupid things then may be ye it will work. As for joining into a random game of 10 people, then I cant see there being much fun to have

Last edited:

is possible play 2vs2 on line in pes2009? the demo of fifa should release today, pes2009 pc x box next week, for ps3 one week before the game release.

There you are again.

Where the hell do you get this Sony-victimized attitude? Where have you seen that the PC and Xbox will be released on a different date than the PS3 demo?

And yes, I believe it is possible to play 2 vs 2 online, until now that's the official word. <turns to everyone> Right guys? Can anyone else confirm this idea that I have?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

You can sort that out in the tactics screen using the arrows that dictate which direction your defenders run in. You can also change player yourself quickly and position your defenders as you please (assuming your controller is set to manual control). You can also move close to a player with one defender, change to another defender who is better positioned and press and hold square to keep pressure on the striker using the original player you placed next to him. Then tackle him using X with the new defender.

Defending is also an art-form you know........ ;)

Everyone knows how to defend, and how to use the press.
The defensive AI was ok up to and including PES5, since then you have to fanny about with little arrows in menu screens , or even change the side-banks into centre-backs to make sure they don't make basic defensive errors, that's not an art, that's just retarded.

i hope we can create faces now with pics.

I was playing Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution for the gamecube yesterday in 480p and i have to say that it is still the best game of video game soccer ever created....

Yeah, that game was awesome, as well as one of the Liveware Evolution editions.

WE6FE was the only game to date that ever made my dad say things like "this is brilliant", "this is so much better than the last game" and "I can't wait to play that again later". This is coming from someone who could win the lottery and say "this is too much money, the tax will be through the roof, there isn't enough stuff to spend it on, bloody lottery".

Since then the most he's ever said (about PES or FIFA) is "it's better but they've made X worse", "it's nowhere near as good as the old ones" or "it's only a bloody game, I'm not bothered".

So it will always be my favourite PES/WE.

There you are again.

Where the hell do you get this Sony-victimized attitude? Where have you seen that the PC and Xbox will be released on a different date than the PS3 demo?

And yes, I believe it is possible to play 2 vs 2 online, until now that's the official word. <turns to everyone> Right guys? Can anyone else confirm this idea that I have?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

i didnt seen nothing, just remember the last year of pes2008 , the demo of pes2008 for pc was released before ps3.
2vs2 with groups in pes6 was amazing, very cool many lag but the fun was very good.

WE8LE.... best Winning Eleven in history for me.

This was my favorite as well. I played tons of hrs on end with it against my mate. It was the patched version with chants and all. The only thing I didn't like was the instant replay camera angle. You could not change it's height. Played so many hrs with this game, so many days/nights, tourneys, with mates it was insane. Scored some amazing crackers against my mate as well. What a game this was. I still have it by the way. This game gave me some truly great memories. I'll never forget the time when in overtime, I dribbled through 5 players with Ronaldinho from midfield leaving the goalie helplessly on the ground for a goal of the century finish against my mate. He almost cried that day, but was stunned and impressed at the masterful goal I had just scored on him. I still remember, After the goal he stood up, turned to me and began to clap in awe at what he had just seen. This game for me is with out a doubt a true classic!

Last edited:

WE8LE.... best Winning Eleven in history for me.

yeah same for me
also the first game they introduced the 'elastico' move :)

and for ppl dreaming for a PES demo this week here is the PSN update

Playable content
Fracture demo
SoulCalibur IV demo
NBA Live 09 demo (yay :) )

Add-on content
Rock Band DLC (listed after the break)
Rock Band Song Export Key (£2.49/€3.49)

Demo just before release? Lame as usual by Konami. I mean sure they don't want feedback of the demo so they can tweak the full version...that's just silly to want something like that!

Actually this approach simply could be business acumen which almost always trumps marketing strategy. This may be a bit shocking to some, but Konami is a business after all and their main concern lies with making money (and by current state of affairs, much moreso than making the best possible footy game).

That said they are acutely aware that there is already a huge guaranteed consumer base for PES no matter the quality of the game (many here included), and these clientele in most cases will not be swayed by delay or dissatisfaction with a demo (ie: "This is probably not a final build").

Konami also must realize that the current incarnation of the game (still maintaining a last-gen engine and animations) simply does not have enough 'wow factor' to win over those who have moved to the far left (and likely to FIFA), so again the demo as a marketing ploy may not have much influence.

Thus, their concern then likely lies with those potential consumers left in the middle ground and sound business strategy dictates that you always play it safe and keep the product AWAY from the consumer as long as possible so as not to risk offputting potential pre-release hype and sales.

The Konami corporation is not secretive, nor are they stupid - they simply are following the most sensible stratagem to get the maximum monetary gain from their product. The PES demo is simply not a huge priority to them in a business sense and accordingly is treated as such - they have more to lose than to gain from it at this point.

Just my 2¢ - flame away

Last edited:

WE6FE was a masterclass, played it to death and the bugs were hardly noticable, just fluid intutive football. If they made a Hi-res version of that full of new models, a few new animations and got rid of those outside of the foot shots that happen too much, you have perfection ladies.

I still have the WE-UK patch for WE6FE... The Sky Sports presentation has never been equalled IMO. It is absolutely perfect.

Destroying a Premier League side with Tranmere in the cup in WE6FE was the last truly great (or "perfect") experience I had with PES/WE.

I still have the WE-UK patch for WE6FE... The Sky Sports presentation has never been equalled IMO. It is absolutely perfect.

Destroying a Premier League side with Tranmere in the cup in WE6FE was the last truly great (or "perfect") experience I had with PES/WE.

So it was better than we7i?

Some people say so, others don't, it's personal opinion obviously.

Personally I didn't like WE7I, if I remember rightly (and it was a long time ago now) I think it was quite slow, the keepers were a bit dodgy and there weren't too many patches.

Every time I put WE6FE on it was a pleasure, especially with the WE-UK patch. And the three-tier Master League instead of two (although WE7I might have had that too, can't remember).

Some people say so, others don't, it's personal opinion obviously.

Personally I didn't like WE7I, if I remember rightly (and it was a long time ago now) I think it was quite slow, the keepers were a bit dodgy and there weren't too many patches.

Every time I put WE6FE on it was a pleasure, especially with the WE-UK patch. And the three-tier Master League instead of two (although WE7I might have had that too, can't remember).

funny - i agree with that - we7i seems to have been artificially made difficult by slowing everyone down - i think this has been interpreted as some as being better - actually prefer we7 - is actually more dynamic i think.

where do you stand on we8le - i think some of the attacking ai is fantastic - in fact we7 also maybe has better attacking AI than any game since...

Do you think konami are really developing a true next gen engine - and that most efforts are going on that with aim of producing a servicable pes2009? I'm thinking that if that's what really happening, i'd settle for that...

Last edited:

This was my favorite as well. I played tons of hrs on end with it against my mate. It was the patched version with chants and all. The only thing I didn't like was the instant replay camera angle. You could not change it's height. Played so many hrs with this game, so many days/nights, tourneys, with mates it was insane. Scored some amazing crackers against my mate as well. What a game this was. I still have it by the way. This game gave me some truly great memories. I'll never forget the time when in overtime, I dribbled through 5 players with Ronaldinho from midfield leaving the goalie helplessly on the ground for a goal of the century finish against my mate. He almost cried that day, but was stunned and impressed at the masterful goal I had just scored on him. I still remember, After the goal he stood up, turned to me and began to clap in awe at what he had just seen. This game for me is with out a doubt a true classic!

What I really enjoyed from this game is the perfect (imo) balance between dribbling and defending. It was possible to dribble through defenders but not easy. The speed was perfect. Those were the good days, when we still had the German Bundesliga, unlicensed, but it was there...

Damn, I am starting to feel depressed...

we6fe with Wendetta and WEdoit pacthes were just WE HEAVEN!

like u guys said that game was like crack...
me and my m8s skiped some great parties just cause we couldnt stop playing it.

i remember nedved was a BEAST, one of the few players that could shoot with both legs, u could hit some torpedos with him very easily(nothing unreal, as he did it a lot in that season)

I still have my Wendetta version kept, sometimes i get my pals ps2 borroed and i pop this master piece up for a nostalgia moment...
really cool to play with those squads, liverpool had owen/heskey, parma had adriano and the GLORIOUS nakata, juve had salas, del piero, di vaio and trezeguet; utd had veron...wow the memories..
how i miss those days!!!

Liga clubs under licence

Athletic Club Bilbao
FC Barcelona
Deportivo La Coruna
Espanyol
Real Madrid
Mallorca
Villarreal

No Atletico madrid? I know they will be licensed in the champs mode but its a shame they wont be in the exhibition modes

where do you stand on we8le - i think some of the attacking ai is fantastic - in fact we7 also maybe has better attacking AI than any game since...
I would agree with you, AI off-the-ball was certainly better. In PES5/6/2008 I find that your wingers will stop dead, even if you put forward arrows on them. You hold up the ball waiting for a run and they stand there looking at you. You can move them further up the pitch by editing the formation but you need them starting further back and then running forward, not just being static in one place...

Do you think konami are really developing a true next gen engine - and that most efforts are going on that with aim of producing a servicable pes2009? I'm thinking that if that's what really happening, i'd settle for that...
I have no idea what's happening; so many people are happy with the current engine, especially in Asia which is their biggest market. The majority over there (and the majority who read this thread) will say "if it ain't broke don't fix it", but in my opinion (and it is my opinion, despite the flaming it will bring) it is broken. It's stiff, robotic, the AI is poor (although it looks improved in PES2009) and the CPU carries on doing stupid things to try and "even things up" rather than let you play a natural game, such as delaying a button response when you're too close to defenders, or making a sprinting player knock the ball ahead a MILE when you're in the vicinity of the goal area, leaving the keeper to happily scoop it up.

Gameplay routines from the PSone days are still in there, but some still say that they were realistic then and they are realistic now; everyone has their own opinion, so I don't think it's wise to argue about it. But I don't think the game mirrors reality - some moves aren't possible because when you're within a certain "range" of the CPU the controls will seize up slightly, and that infuriates me. Things like that were required in the PSone days because the processor couldn't "think" quickly enough to react, but not now. Things have moved on hugely when it comes to the CPU power; if Seabass was the messiah that so many people claim him to be, I would like to see him build the game from the ground up for the next-gen consoles and we would see just how much of a genius he is. But I don't think we'll ever get to see that.

So no, I can't see myself ever enjoying PES again until they rebuild the engine and make the engine a lot more organic (i.e. a lot more "unchained" from the tram-lines, with a lot more freedom, and a lot less interference from the CPU).

And personally, although a lot of people don't care about it, I would want to see a wider variety of teams (preferably at least the Championship from England, Serie B from Italy etc.) - I don't like playing with Premier League teams because they're already big-time teams, I would much prefer to take a smaller team and make them a big team, or take on a bigger team online and win. Football, in my world, is not all about the best teams. I would rather watch Chester v Grimsby for a place in the League Two playoffs than Barcelona v Real Madrid for the league title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom