PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

Unless they've already had their hands on the game, then I doubt most people here actually know what they're talking about.

Easy level or not, none of us here know for sure. However the obvious are there to be seen, outdated animations,etc. The animations when the players are turning really annoy the hell out of me.

Hopefully we'll have the demo next week. They better not just have 2 minute halves like FIFA...

Anyone saw this in www.pes2009.fr?

"La démo de PES 2009 sortira le 26 septembre et sera accessible par PSN PC ou le Xbox Live.
Elle comprendra plusieurs clubs et pays sous licences, le mode de jeu sera le mode “exhibition” jouable pendant 5 minutes à 4 joueurs maximum sur Xbox et PC, et 7 joueurs maximum sur PS3.

Vivement fin septembre !!!!"

Anyone saw this in www.pes2009.fr?

"La démo de PES 2009 sortira le 26 septembre et sera accessible par PSN PC ou le Xbox Live.
Elle comprendra plusieurs clubs et pays sous licences, le mode de jeu sera le mode “exhibition” jouable pendant 5 minutes à 4 joueurs maximum sur Xbox et PC, et 7 joueurs maximum sur PS3.

Vivement fin septembre !!!!"

it's a stupid website, with alot of fake news, but yes the demo can be for 26 september... or later

Sounds indeed BS

Demo of PES 2009 coming soon

The pes 2009 demo coming in date of
26 september , and will be accessible by PSN PC or Xbox Live.
It will include several clubs and countries under licences, the game mode is the mode "exhibition" playable for 5 minutes to 4 players maximum on Xbox and PC, and 7 players maximum on PS3.

Deeply end of September!!

Demo just before release? Lame as usual by Konami. I mean sure they don't want feedback of the demo so they can tweak the full version... that's just silly to want something like that!

They obviously don't really listen to what european fans want, we've learned that through the years. But does anyone know if they listen to their asian fanbase and if it's them that keep holding the series back from evolving towards more realism?

Edit: One thing that is good to know is that the late demo will represent the full version. So if it's good the game is good, and if it sucks the game will suck. Easier to know if one should get it or not.

can someone that knows japanese tell us what the Japanese WE/PES fans think about PES2008? Or even PES2009? Because obviously KONAMI considers them sentient beings more than the rest of the world....

All the goals were from the CPU in those vids which makes it hard to believe the low level excuse.
The people playing might have been shit but the CPU tried too hard for it to be on a low level.
Also the supposedly low level it was on wouldn't account for the poor defensive AI on the players team.

I'm not talking about just the goals though, when the player attacks the CPU or the other way....the defenders you don't control just fuck off all over the place, they always have on PES.

Also, if you are running down the wing, wanting to cross to the centre forward who is running parrallel towards the box...9 time sout of 10 centre forwards usually turn around and fuck off towards the half way line as you get level with the box, leaving you with nobody to get on the end of your cross. thats been happening in the last 3-4 editions of PES.....this is why i love and only play 2v2 online now. 1 Player on or offline has been total wank for PES5&6.

All i need personally for PES2009 is good keepers and good online service with comminucation capabilities........PES2008 was a joke for online communication..."That went well?".......did it fuck.

Last edited:

You can sort that out in the tactics screen using the arrows that dictate which direction your defenders run in. You can also change player yourself quickly and position your defenders as you please (assuming your controller is set to manual control). You can also move close to a player with one defender, change to another defender who is better positioned and press and hold square to keep pressure on the striker using the original player you placed next to him. Then tackle him using X with the new defender.

Defending is also an art-form you know........ ;)

is possible play 2vs2 on line in pes2009? the demo of fifa should release today, pes2009 pc x box next week, for ps3 one week before the game release.

I did it officially :)

Me too cancelled Fifa 09 pre-order and changed it for PES2009, didn't like the Fifa 09 demo and the latest IGN videos of PES 2009 look like a much polished version of PES 2008 :thumbup:

well , im sorry but i agree with badgerman, im very excited about this new PES...and im sure there are a lot more people that thinks like us.

Agreed

I am very excited by this years PES. Considering PES5 on the 360 was the best game i ever played, I know this has improved alot graphically and gameplay wise in comparison so thats good enough for me.

I'd love them to implement FIFA's innovation online but aslong as 2v2 is super smooth then i am well happy.

I'm underwhelmed by FIFA for some odd reason, its steep learning curve and ultra realistic gameplay does not suit me and the time I have. I still think PES takes alot of time to crack but FIFA takes longer with a little less reward IMO.

At least we know its back where it was with improved graphics, which is fine as all the previous games were superb fun with clunky graphics.

looking forward to the return of those late nights playing PES to death:DD

You can sort that out in the tactics screen using the arrows that dictate which direction your defenders run in. You can also change player yourself quickly and position your defenders as you please (assuming your controller is set to manual control). You can also move close to a player with one defender, change to another defender who is better positioned and press and hold square to keep pressure on the striker using the original player you placed next to him. Then tackle him using X with the new defender.

Defending is also an art-form you know........ ;)

Mate, i have always played on full manual control and i've had arrows pointing here, there and everywhere except up my arse in the tactics settings. It doesn't alter the fact that Louis Saha of all people can run through a brick wall...never mind the defenders. I find Man-Marking quite useful though against the 4-2-4 cutback merchants online.

At the end of the day, the game is scripted to favour the 5 star teams..it's obvious...if you're playing Brazil, Barca, Chelsea or Inter....your passes will miraculously go straight to the opposition, and your defenders will turn to stone....now that doesn't happen when you play against 4 star teams or lower.

I avoid picking or playing against 5 star teams cos the game is shit. 4 star and below is the place you find the real players and good quality games.

Agreed

I am very excited by this years PES. Considering PES5 on the 360 was the best game i ever played, I know this has improved alot graphically and gameplay wise in comparison so thats good enough for me.

I'd love them to implement FIFA's innovation online but aslong as 2v2 is super smooth then i am well happy.

I'm underwhelmed by FIFA for some odd reason, its steep learning curve and ultra realistic gameplay does not suit me and the time I have. I still think PES takes alot of time to crack but FIFA takes longer with a little less reward IMO.

At least we know its back where it was with improved graphics, which is fine as all the previous games were superb fun with clunky graphics.

looking forward to the return of those late nights playing PES to death:DD

amem to that!
heck, im still doing evan with the poor PES2008....

one thing i learned from this past football gaming season is that my m8s will never enjoy FIFA(i tried very hard to teach them the game and such), so ill keep playing FIFA offline(manager mode) and online, and keep playing PES with my m8s in our offline Master League(which is the CLEARY best of the 3 modes i just mentioned).

Fishing net in the splorg flarm norkami in the goal net i kicked the ball and FLIGGET FLARGNET in the jibab and i sent them a snark but they,, i think they ganarbled when i,, i fubb,, i was on the yutapib and they say hay and huggg. why no gettar when i say yip yiff in the gnar severalteen decabes of ovalteen in backseat geflab was untabbed when museing on the porch round my front wheel back and the telemvisions was gone mothering the shows and the feb feb feb feb,, feblarn,,,

World Soccer is my favourite poster.

Not everyone's first language is English, you are aware of that. I assume you are trying to be funny rather than Racist...:BLINK:

Not everyone's first language is English, you are aware of that. I assume you are trying to be funny rather than Racist...:BLINK:
He wouldn't have said it if the guy was saying how much he was looking forward to PES2009, I think we all know that. But Badger is God so I'm saying nothing else on the subject...

I made a follow up post that has seemingly disappeared. I mentioned how we have loads of nationalities here that are able to communicate properly (even Scots).

Basically, I love World Soccer. His posts seem to be translated into Japanese before being translated back into English (try it). But yeah, he only posts here to troll, so I decided to bulldoze his little gimmick.

Feblarn,,,

He wouldn't have said it if the guy was saying how much he was looking forward to PES2009, I think we all know that. But Badger is God so I'm saying nothing else on the subject...

Oh that's a tad rich considering I was one of the few that actually told Muzza to stop being a shit stirrer.

Also deleting my post before was just bleh.

Hell yes, being Badger is still awesome.

Last edited:

one thing i would like to know is if they are saying we can edit the game to give very lifelike kits, emblems and even chants now. Does that not clash with the issues they have had in the past with Copyrights? I thought they had taken things out in the past because of this?

Thomas, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the licensing bit in the official site you just pointed out is a bit different:

I don't see anything related to Serie A

“adidas”, the 3-Bars logo and the 3-Stripe trade mark are registered trade marks of the adidas Group, used with permission. Teamgeist is a trade mark of the adidas Group, used with permission. the use of real player names and likenesses is authorised by FIFPro and its member associations. Officially licensed by Asociación del Fútbol Argentino Officially licensed by Czech National Football Association Officially licensed by CFF © The Football Association Ltd 2007. The FA Crest and FA England Crest are official trade marks of The Football Association Limited and are the subject of extensive trade mark registrations worldwide. copyright FFF © 1996 JFA Officially licensed by FIGC and AIC © 2001 Korea Football Association Special thanks to SEJIN, MUKTA, Eunho, Denis for Korea National Team data All copyrights and trademarks are KNVB respectively Team Holland property and are used under license. Licensed by OLIVEDESPORTOS (Official Agent of the FPF) Producto oficial licenciado RFEF © 2002 Ligue de Football Professionnel ® Officially licensed by Eredivisie CV © & TM 2008 Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds Ltd Official Licensed Product of A.C. Milan Manchester United crest and imagery © MU Ltd Official product manufactured and distributed by Konami Digital Entertainment under licence granted by Soccer s.a.s. di Brand Management S.r.l. Wembley, Wembley Stadium and the Arch device are official trade marks of Wembley National Stadium Limited and are subject to extensive trade mark registrations. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license. ©2008 Konami Digital Entertainment

Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio and Associazione Italiana Calciatori.

...aka the Italian football federation and the association of italian football players.

Also, I'm still not convinced about Serie A.

italian.png

;)

where you find this logo ?

Pretty sure that's from J League Winning Eleven 2008 CC.

Last edited:

I preordered both games, because I can clearly see that both games are going to be excelent, me and my mates will mostly play PES because we are used to it for more than 10 years now, but I will also play 10 vs. 10 Fifa online because it is to good to be missed, and a thing many of us have been dreaming for years, simply to tempting to pass...

10 vs 10 online sends a shudder through my spine. You can barely find 1 non-cunt on PES so to find 20 people with good intentions is going to be a nightmare.

Although I guess it'd be pretty funny to watch 3 defenders try to set an offside trap only to have the other defender stuck in his own 6 yard box as the guy controlling him is having a piss.

I also agree about this 10v10 being a gimmick. Its a good option to have in your game to draw people in but people who think the mode will flow perfectly will be in for a surprise. Even with 10 of your mates I can imagine it being chaos.

If it works then I'll eat my words but for now...

10 vs 10 online sends a shudder through my spine. You can barely find 1 non-cunt on PES so to find 20 people with good intentions is going to be a nightmare.

Although I guess it'd be pretty funny to watch 3 defenders try to set an offside trap only to have the other defender stuck in his own 6 yard box as the guy controlling him is having a piss.
why do u think they added clan support?;)) to make it easier to play a 10v10 ranked match without cunts. you hardly find any cunt members in a clan. if u do they dont normaly stay long in that clan do they:DOH:

10v10 is not a gimmick. champions league licence is a gimmick

I also agree about this 10v10 being a gimmick. Its a good option to have in your game to draw people in but people who think the mode will flow perfectly will be in for a surprise. Even with 10 of your mates I can imagine it being chaos.

If it works then I'll eat my words but for now...

Get ready to put your words on a plate...add a bit of humble pie, get ready to scrape the egg of your face and then eat them all in one big egghumblepie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom