PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

Man what are they doing to pes?? A big part of the game for me is editing things such as boots so they represent the real thing it's shit if you can only change the colour - are they going backwards or what?????

So theyre no Nike shoes or Reebok only paint colours
I will buy the game if the shops r open. LAters guys ............... i will write an Review an also some pics

the gameplay is really good on the ps2
even the graphics are a lit better then the previous version
but whats the d*mn diving combination
it must be a joke thats it not in

I cant understand the people who r buying an ps3 ,cuz they know its the first time PS3 PES2008 like a year ago (same as Xbox360). So i hope that PES2009 will be the best soccer game ever, IF not than i will choose for Fifa09.

I've played it now, and I'm torn.

As others have said, the gameplay feels like a real match, at times. But at other times, it's more frustrating than I've experienced in any other PES game. The regular passes are remarkably slow (and I mean SLOW), which takes a lot out of the matches.

I've played it now, and I'm torn.

As others have said, the gameplay feels like a real match, at times. But at other times, it's more frustrating than I've experienced in any other PES game. The regular passes are remarkably slow (and I mean SLOW), which takes a lot out of the matches.

Hello Mr EvolutionSwede,

I presume this also means it's congested in midfield?

Can you compare it speed wise to any previous PES ?

thanks

DB

The speed itself is nice, I'd say similar to somewhere in between PES 5 & PES 6. And yes, the midfield is usually crowded, and it can sometimes be a real pain trying to find an opening.

Weird thing is, last night I played as Newcastle against Tottenham, and at the end of the match, I was ready to cry! The most frustrating match ever, where 90 % of my passes went to the opponents, and I couldn't get any rhythm going at all, whereas everything the CPU tried, they also got away with, both passing and dribbling.

And the first game I played today, I beat Heerenveen 5-0 with Roma, and everything seemed to work.

Quite the contrast!

Player models are pretty much the same as pes 6, but there is a more glossy look when u play on wide cam. making u think the graphics are better. gameplay isnt as frustrating as pes6, seems a better feel. I guess u have to play it to know what its like.

Re: same option file for alle language versions of pes2008?

so now that are the first copies of the game out: has anybody already checked if there is a language selection (in-game-language and commentary language) in pes2008?

and if you can use an english option file for other language versions of the game?

thanks!

This is the uk version which has spanish and english text and commentary.

The speed itself is nice, I'd say similar to somewhere in between PES 5 & PES 6. And yes, the midfield is usually crowded, and it can sometimes be a real pain trying to find an opening.

Weird thing is, last night I played as Newcastle against Tottenham, and at the end of the match, I was ready to cry! The most frustrating match ever, where 90 % of my passes went to the opponents, and I couldn't get any rhythm going at all, whereas everything the CPU tried, they also got away with, both passing and dribbling.

And the first game I played today, I beat Heerenveen 5-0 with Roma, and everything seemed to work.

Quite the contrast!

thank you. this sounds great.

Hello Mr EvolutionSwede,

I presume this also means it's congested in midfield?

Can you compare it speed wise to any previous PES ?

thanks

DB

I'd compare this version speed wise to Pes 5.
This version seems to be more smiulation, like old pro evo's.
And there seems to be less fouls as well.

Last edited:
Yes, the fouls have definitely decreased, so it's nice to see that players can stumble around after a tackle without the whistle being blown each time. The CPU tackling is pretty reckless I've noticed. I've had opponents being sent off 2 or 3 times already, which is a nice touch.

How are the players models like C.Ronaldo , Ronaldinho , Messi , Kaka etc.
The player models look like ya usual pes player models, but the graphics in my opinion, kits, faces etc, are the worst in the series.
The faces of the players you mentioned above are okay, but Ronaldinho's one looks a mess.

all the moves are in the ps2 version as well
only the diving option is not in the game
Well I'd love to know where exactly ?

I havent managed to really pull off anything, including the new 'heel' dash !! Wtf ?? :0(

EvolutionSwede, have you pulled off any of the new tricks ? Or the 'Heel Dash' with C. Ronaldo or Henry ?

Just played the game, and really liked it. It's slower than any PES game I can remember, but it's slow in a good way. You can really build your attacks. There are some animations, which look nice.

@seven, TBH, I think the faces of players are really good. Regarding Ronaldinho, it's 100x better than Konami's previous face for him.

Back
Top Bottom