PES 2008 (PS2) - Official Topic

i have finally the ps2 version. i know the actually release date is 25th but if you are good with internet, ah well, u know the answer.
i will upload tomorrow a video and and review.
maybe i can answer a few questions?

graphics - still the same, the animations of the players are better.
i played in the 60 hz mode, because of my widescreen and component cable.
50 hz is for older tv's.

Actually ,,50hz is PAL,which has a higher resolution than the NTSC 60hz option, what they should have done is used 60hzPAL which is supported by most newer tv's...

its nothing to do with widescreen or component ( as it doesnt support progressive scan anyway)

pal is 576 lines, NTSC is 480

I've translated that to my "home language" and basicly what understood from PS2 to PS3 version is ..

if u want a game whit excelent graphics get a PS3.
if u prefeer fun game modes and stuff PS2 is the way.

They say that PS2 has a a couple W00t game modes that PS3 dosen't
but it completly lack graphism once that PS2 has hit his limit.

If i said something wrong or incomplete please correct me.

(I'm really sorry for my bad english lol)

Actually ,,50hz is PAL,which has a higher resolution than the NTSC 60hz option, what they should have done is used 60hzPAL which is supported by most newer tv's...

its nothing to do with widescreen or component ( as it doesnt support progressive scan anyway)

pal is 576 lines, NTSC is 480

i know that pes 2008 doesnt support widescreen or progressige scan
but on my lcd widescreen tv. pes 2008 seems to be a little bit faster and smoother when i do the 60 hz mode

Sorry for my noobies, my only thing I see different when switching from PAL 50HZ to NTSC 60HZ is the graphics, is there something that changes when switching it? Like the playable of the game?

My Alternative Review (the things you wanna know but get flamed for asking)

Right here it is.

I'm still checking this out, so i'll give you a little run down of what i know so far.

Boots: There are none, no adidas, no reebok, no nothing. And it gets better the shit edited boots.... can't be edited, infact the only thing you can do is change the colour.

Stadiums: Aswell the stadiums that were mentioned earlier in this thread. The stadiums that are in the game are:

San Siro
Delle Alpi
Ennio Tardini
Fiorentina's Stadium (sorry i can't remember the name)
Stadio Olimpico
Stade Louis II
Santiago Bernabeu
Riazor

And these are all licensed.

Old Trafford is not in pes 2008, this leaves 2 english stadiums in the game, Red Cauldron (Anfield) and Magpie Park (St James Park).

Diving: Tried L1 L2 + R2 and L1 L2 + R1, nothing happens.

Booting the game up:
The option to choose 50hz or 60hz is there.

Languages: Spanish and English

Commentary: Spanish and English

There's no Fantasista mode.

Last edited:
My Alternative Review cont..

Modes:
Match
Master League
World Tour
Community
League
*Cup
Selection Match
Network
Training
Edit
Gallery (Pes Shop, Playlist Editor, **Track record, Cup gallery, etc)
System Settings (Screen settings, Option File, etc)

* In cup mode you can play qualifiers against unchoosable teams like estonia, jamaica, bolivia, iraq and algeria, depending on what region you pick.

** Track Record: keeps stats of every match you play against the computer, in every mode (exhibition, master league, etc).

Master League: still the same, 16 teams in division 1 and 8 teams in division 2.

Pes Shop:
Players
Classic Teams
Stadiums (same as last year)
Costume (raptor, ostrich and penguin)
Hairstyles (yep youv'e guessed it dog heads)
Goal Celebration (same as last year)
Camera Angle
Ball Effects
View Stadiums
Double Speed Match
ML League Structure
ML Starting Points

Edit Mode:
Same as last year, except this year there are no official boots and you can't use a players special hair on another player.

Stadiums:
In all there are 33 to choose from straight away and 3 (the same from last year) in the pes shop.
So basically you can't put ronaldhino's head band on another player.

Balls:
There are 11 balls.
Plain
Classic
Pes Oringnal 2002
" " 2003
" " 2007
" " 2008
teamgeist LF
Orange teamgeist
teamgeist
teamgeist glider
" "

There is a Nike ball, but you can only use it in La Liga.

Last edited:
"* In cup mode you can play qualifiers against unchoosable teams like estonia, jamaica, bolivia, iraq and algeria, depending on what region you pick.
"

that's bloody retarded... seabassh*le?

WTF? Really no bott chossing or editing ...konami are u kidding us .
thats really crap they start like easports a few years ago and don´t tell me they have no license for boots last years they had and this year they have too for ps3 version...really bad news also no old trafford anymore

same option file for alle language versions of pes2008?

so now that are the first copies of the game out: has anybody already checked if there is a language selection (in-game-language and commentary language) in pes2008?

and if you can use an english option file for other language versions of the game?

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom