PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

Another thing i've done today was purchase a Opteron 180 to replace my A64 3200+ to keep my 939 system going a bit longer.

And now pes is even smoother and no slowdown on the replay's which is supurb!

Only £100 aswell! It's getting better and better

Right, I've had another go with the demo, and here's my findings. There's no difference if V-sync is turned off or on in framerate on my PC. I tried running it in 4.3 and 16.9, still no difference in FPS.

These are the FPS ratings (using FRAPS) that I'm getting on my PC running 4X anisotropic and 4X AA, with the V-sync on and my Nvidia 7600GT set to "quality"

59-60 FPS in general play (including goal kicks and corners)

30-40 FPS in replays (60 fps in long-range replays)

5-35 FPS in "kit select" screen for first few seconds then 60 FPS afterwards.

35-ish in kick off camera

Most of the numbers I'm getting don't really change a lot if I alter the AA settings etc. So I take it this is down to the demo's programming? Any ideas people?

Right, I've had another go with the demo, and here's my findings. There's no difference if V-sync is turned off or on in framerate on my PC. I tried running it in 4.3 and 16.9, still no difference in FPS.

These are the FPS ratings (using FRAPS) that I'm getting on my PC running 4X anisotropic and 4X AA, with the V-sync on and my Nvidia 7600GT set to "quality"

Most of the numbers I'm getting don't really change a lot if I alter the AA settings etc. So I take it this is down to the demo's programming? Any ideas people?

Set the AA x2 and AF to 8 or 16 if you have that as an option!

Do you have the older forceware driver installed?

What cpu m\board and memory do you have?

Set the AA x2 and AF to 8 or 16 if you have that as an option!

Do you have the older forceware driver installed?

What cpu m\board and memory do you have?

The older drivers wouldn't install. Something about not having the correct card........

This is my system:

Manufacturer : Dell Dimension DIM9100
Mainboard : Dell 0X8582
Chipset : Intel i945P
Processor : Intel Pentium D 945 @ 3400 MHz (Dual Core)
Physical Memory 2048 MB (4 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM 667mhz )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7600 GT
Hard Disk : ARRAY (160 GB)
CD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8485B
DVD-Rom Drive : BENQ DVD DD DW1640
Monitor Type : Acer AL1916W - 19 inches
Network Card : Intel Corporation 82801GB I/O Controller Hub LAN
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c (July 2007)

Where is a good place online to order PES 2008 for PC that will ship to the US? I have tried both Play.com and Amazon.co.uk but neither will ship to the US. I really don't want to wait until spring of next year for the release here in America.

Edit: Looks like www.game.co.uk will ship to US and for pretty cheap. 17.99£ + shipping = 22.94£ = $32.42

Last edited:
Where is a good place online to order PES 2008 for PC that will ship to the US? I have tried both Play.com and Amazon.co.uk but neither will ship to the US. I really don't want to wait until spring of next year for the release here in America.

Edit: Looks like www.game.co.uk will ship to US and for pretty cheap. 17.99£ + shipping = 22.94£ = $32.42

Weird, looks like Game.co.uk is having problems with my VISA card...I may have to end up calling them, but so far they seem like my only option unless someone else has any suggestions?

From the demo it seems that now there are more skin tones! :D

Check this out:

Riquelme (a little tanned, normally skin 2 in PES 6) next to Albelda (White skin 1) :

BUT...

Now check out Riquelme next to Angulo ( a little more tanned than Riquelme!) :

That´s just the start, Check out Verón (who usually had skin colour 3) next to Riquelme-> He´s not that dark anymore! it´s more like he´s real life skin tone somewhere in between skin 2 and 3 of PES 6:

[

And to prove that Verón´s skin tone is not skin tone 3, check him out next to "El Negro" Ibarra! (his skin is darker more like skin tone 3 in PES 6 and not black like skin tone 4):

[

Now finally (with the help of our great facemakers) we can have palyers with their real life skin tones! like Malouda or Edgar Davids who are between PES 6´s skin tones 3 & 4 or Alex (Chelsea) who´s between skin tones 2 & 3, etc etc.

In fact, we can edit skin color at the same time we edit face. Wigh means that we can have all the sking color we want. You can even make all the Teletubbies and match their exact skin color for each one :lol:

More info about face editing in PES2008 can be found in the editing forum. ;)

I am looking to upgrade possibly to a 7600GT but am wondering if I will get 60fps on normal gameplay with the wide camera and angle 9. What camera angle did you use for the FRAPS measurement? Have you tried out wide at all?

With PES6 I know the "wide" camera slows down more than "normal long" camera.

I am not worried so much by the replay slowdown just normal gamplay

Thanks

I just use the normal camera in the demo. I didn't even know that I could even change the camera in the demo! I have found that using one of Tweakforce.com's modded drivers has help with performance a bit.

I do feel that this is a problem with the way that the demo has been coded. The Xbox 360 demo has the same problems with slowdown on the replays......

I am looking to upgrade possibly to a 7600GT but am wondering if I will get 60fps on normal gameplay with the wide camera and angle 9. What camera angle did you use for the FRAPS measurement? Have you tried out wide at all?

With PES6 I know the "wide" camera slows down more than "normal long" camera.

I am not worried so much by the replay slowdown just normal gamplay

Thanks

You will prob get around 5-20% decrease in fps when you play in the wide camara, but this will depend hugely on what graphics card you have.
But if your getting a constant 60fps during play without any frame drops then you should get 60fps even in wide.

I am suprised...
-how cheap this game is.
-that the game actually lagged on my computer during replays.(But not nearly as much on 800x600 resolution
-how fun diving is in the game. I have yet to fool the ref. But I will learn the art of diving soon enough.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but anyone else hate how the goals themselves look? I mean the posts / nets and the silly looking 'weights' (like blocks of lego) at the bottom?
I much prefered the proper square/box nets in PES06 where the nets just merged into the turf.
I hope they can be changed!

YES ITS TRUE!!! GREEK SHOPS SELL PES 2008 TODAY!!! I GOT IT FROM MEDIAMARKT!!!:D:lol::lol:\\:o/

YES ITS TRUE!!! GREEK SHOPS SELL PES 2008 TODAY!!! I GOT IT FROM MEDIAMARKT!!!:D:lol::lol:\\:o/

Greek: Τι είπες τώρα ρε φίλε?????? Σοβαρά????:shock:Πες μου ότι λες αλήθεια μονο αυτό πες μου! Τέλος!

English: Lol are you serious man? Are you telling the truth or not???

Does anyone know if the "lagging" in the replays has been fixed in the final build of the PC version? the reason I ask, is because I've just cancelled my PS3 pre-order as I have heard that version as ALSO full of slowdown, and I'm looking to buy the game on the PC now. Thanks :)

If you read the reviews of Pes on PS3 they is apparently quite noticable slowdown on replays and when lots of players are on the screen at once.
The PC version is all down to the specs of your machine cos I have never experienced any slowdown at all and get a constant 60fps all the time.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but anyone else hate how the goals themselves look? I mean the posts / nets and the silly looking 'weights' (like blocks of lego) at the bottom?
I much prefered the proper square/box nets in PES06 where the nets just merged into the turf.
I hope they can be changed!

This is net is only found in the demo stadium. Each stadium gets their own style of nets.

so the pc version is out on greek shops? or it's console version? :O
and the full game will have that thing to create a new face on a simple image or photo?

Back
Top Bottom