PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

I have no doubt about that.

Im sure im not the only one!

Yeah sure it's always that easy. If someone doesn't like every bit of PES he's either too bad at it or too stupid to realise that PES is perfect in every aspect.

I dont say PES is perfect but common "Sometimes the ball goes out of the line because the game wanted it to do so!!!" what the hell is that supposed to be?

If you haven't noticed that there are games where the ball has a tendency to jump to a certain team's players, well, then I don't know you are playing this game. It was blatantly obvious in PES5. One player was the lucky one with balls rolling towards him and the referee giving him some help and the other player, well he had to fight a bit harder.

Those are called rebounds and the ball doesnt just jump to someones feet, its all to do with the ball physics, player positions, and player stats (condition included in there). What ure talking about just looks like extremely lame excuses to get defeated.

Don't you remember PES3 with its home/away advantage? CPU cheating/scripting has always been a part of PES, that's just common knowledge amonst PES fans. This is not even criticism, home advantage can be quite interesting, but to say it's not there shows a lack of understanding how PES actually works (and has been for years).

As i told i only play multiplayer and if thats true is for sigleplayer. i guaranty u there isnt such bullshit like that in multiplayer mode

Are you coming from another Planet?

I come from planet earth but i think u 2 come from planet lame ass pc cheats planet

Last edited:
I come from planet earth but i think u 2 come from planet lame ass pc cheats planet
Are you mentally unstable? I am talking about game flaws and you are talking about losing and cheats!! What a dump! :roll:

just wondering if the new pes 2008 will work on a 17inch mac book pro running boot camp or parallels, or is it best to run it on a high spec pc laptop. do the top mac books run new games properly?
thanks

Are you mentally unstable? I am talking about game flaws and you are talking about losing and cheats!! What a dump! :roll:

Sometimes the ball goes out of the line because the game wanted it to do so!!! Sometimes players take the ball because the game decided that they are the CHOSEN!!!

AlaaEG, you're right, many if not most PES players agree there is something like "CPU cheating", even in multiplayer games (confirmed by Konami, "home advantage")

I think that pretty much sums it up. I dont agree with that, simple as that! Cheers

I think that pretty much sums it up. I dont agree with that, simple as that! Cheers
It is a flaw from the game code. They need to improve it. Whether people call it a cheat or any other name, it is still Konami's duty to improve a lot of things. I am not mad at the game I am just saying my opinion but I like the game overall.

Personally I think the Demo is great. With the pitch, line-ups and ball already modded I can honestly say this game is a big step forward from Pes 6 which I loved. Hope im right when the full game is out.

Personally I think the Demo is great. With the pitch, line-ups and ball already modded I can honestly say this game is a big step forward from Pes 6 which I loved. Hope im right when the full game is out.
yep
i love pes2008 demo. lts of improves, game is smooth and beautifull with my pc :) Gameplay is real ! Pes is better now ! It's a big and a cool step compares to pes6. real play is back :) Fifa demo is very bad compares to pes2008, it's easy to see after 10-15 maths.

Can't wait till 26 oct.

Last edited:
Hi, I want to buy a new pc to play Pes 2008 at full res and full details.

What configuration do you suggest me? I don't want to spend a lot.

Thanks

hi,everyone.
anyone have any information in network mode?

I hear a rumor that the system will change in online mode.
In pes6's online mode,a person as host is connecting to
another person as client.
But in pes2008's mode, there is not such connection who is host?
or who is client?
All time we are playing a game in online mode,we connect to
only konami server.

thanks ....so sorry my poor English^^;

hi,everyone.
anyone have any information in network mode?

I hear a rumor that the system will change in online mode.
In pes6's online mode,a person as host is connecting to
another person as client.
But in pes2008's mode, there is not such connection who is host?
or who is client?
All time we are playing a game in online mode,we connect to
only konami server.

thanks ....so sorry my poor English^^;

You answered your own question. If you don't connect to the client directly then your connection directly with Konami servers. Which would be great because, connecting directly with servers are ALOT less lag.

I don't only play at Pes 2008 with pc, but I want a faster system for photo editing. So, is this good to play Pes 2008 at high res and full resolution? Amd x2 4800+, Ati Hd2600 GDDR3, 2gb ram.

Thanks

Buy a better video card (try Nvidia video cards) and try and overclock your sysetem.

If you don't connect to the client directly then your connection directly with Konami servers. Which would be great because, connecting directly with servers are ALOT less lag.

Why would there be less lag with an additional server between the two players?

I just can't get my head around the PC demo. There's something wrong with the programming for sure. I have got a half-decent PC (dual-core cpu, Geforce 7600GT and 2gb DDR ram) and it runs like poop on it.

I thought I'd run FRAPS whilst playing it in different settings to see what's up with it. The numbers it throws out are the oddest thing I've ever seen. I get a slower frame rate in the replays running the game in the low setting than if I run it in medium! I can't even run it in high with only 2x AA, but I can run PES6 on high with the AA turned up to the sky (I have noticed that V-sync "caps" the framerate correctly in PES6, however not in PES 2008. It ends up all over the place)

Does anyone on here think that this will be sorted by the time the game's been released? I really hope so, as I'd rather buy it on the PC than the PS3 (I've got the game pre-ordered on both)

I just can't get my head around the PC demo. There's something wrong with the programming for sure. I have got a half-decent PC (dual-core cpu, Geforce 7600GT and 2gb DDR ram) and it runs like poop on it.

I thought I'd run FRAPS whilst playing it in different settings to see what's up with it. The numbers it throws out are the oddest thing I've ever seen. I get a slower frame rate in the replays running the game in the low setting than if I run it in medium! I can't even run it in high with only 2x AA, but I can run PES6 on high with the AA turned up to the sky (I have noticed that V-sync "caps" the framerate correctly in PES6, however not in PES 2008. It ends up all over the place)

Does anyone on here think that this will be sorted by the time the game's been released? I really hope so, as I'd rather buy it on the PC than the PS3 (I've got the game pre-ordered on both)

Well I have a Athlon 64 3200+ single core a XFX 7800 gt and 3 GB of ddr400 and it works like a dream!

High settings

And I have it on 2xAA 16xAF and in game it looks supurb and runs no slow down
There is a hint of slowdown on the replays but that's across the board I think and hopefully should be fixed in the final version!

I'm using forceware 97.xx which seems to run the 7 series cards better than the newer forceware.

Vsync i've turned off in the forceware panel and on the pes settings screen bothe the skip frames and vsync are unticked.

Maybe try that and see if it helps

Last edited:
Well I have a Athlon 64 3200+ single core a XFX 7800 gt and 3 GB of ddr400 and it works like a dream!

High settings

And I have it on 2xAA 16xAF and in game it looks supurb and runs no slow down
There is a hint of slowdown on the replays but that's across the board I think and hopefully should be fixed in the final version!

I'm using forceware 97.xx which seems to run the 7 series cards better than the newer forceware.

Vsync i've turned off in the forceware panel and on the pes settings screen bothe the skip frames and vsync are unticked.

Maybe try that and see if it helps

That is why you're getting the game to run at such a good framerate. Switching on V-sync alters the way the framerate works, but also stops "tearing" (something I hate) PES6 handled V-sync a lot better than the PES 2008 demo, as it "capped" the framerate in the replays on my machine to 30FPS. Whereas on the demo the framerate isn't stable. So it's looks like I'm stuck with one or the other. Thanks for your help though mate ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask what 97xx Forceware driver you're using? Thanks.

Last edited:
That is why you're getting the game to run at such a good framerate. Switching on V-sync alters the way the framerate works, but also stops "tearing" (something I hate) PES6 handled V-sync a lot better than the PES 2008 demo, as it "capped" the framerate in the replays on my machine to 30FPS. Whereas on the demo the framerate isn't stable. So it's looks like I'm stuck with one or the other. Thanks for your help though mate ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask what 97xx Forceware driver you're using? Thanks.

It makes no difference if I have vsync on or not mate it still runs great.

But having vsync set to off lets me crank AF to 16 and it balances it out, and it looks stunning!

I think the forceware is 97.44 but i'll have to check tonight.

Resolution is 1280x768 but you could try 1024x768 if no luck with that

how to force AA and AF on demo??? I have a 7800gtx nvidia card

Go to your nvidia forceware menu and do it from there.

You could try 2x AA and 16x AF make sure vsync is off on the forceware panel and unticked on the PES Config program also skip frames unticked.

As you have virtually the same card as me but a little faster it should work a treat.

in pes 6 and 5 it works for me! a huge difference, but with screenshots is hard to see because the difference are on image on moving not stoped. sry for bad english xD

Back
Top Bottom