PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

Anyone complained about the refs? I think it is the biggest flaw in PES2008. They tend to give red cards for fun when you tackle and you have to be really lucky to avoid a yellow as well. 89% of tackles get booked, I think they need to fix that by release. It must not be difficult

Anyone complained about the refs? I think it is the biggest flaw in PES2008. They tend to give red cards for fun when you tackle and you have to be really lucky to avoid a yellow as well. 89% of tackles get booked, I think they need to fix that by release. It must not be difficult

Yes, that sucks!

your not meant to slide for every tackle just X is needed to get the ball well thats what i use

The ref is absolutely stupid. He always makes the wrong decision as to when give an advantage over a fouled player. (usually he stops play)

Almost every tackle from behind is a red, most from any other place into the player are yellows. I go down earlier and then you get the ball first, they are slower tacklers than in PES6 i think.

One question:

Where can I find the formation-settings for the player "runways". I just can´t find it. Is it disabled in the demo?

They give fouls when there isnt a foul and not a foul when there is a foul.

I've been red carded for a simple tackle in the penalty area which was yellow worthy at best.

I seem to get penalised if i tackle and get the ball before the man.

I think that they´ve activated the most rigorous arbiter. I full version will be differents choices like it was on PES6. Anyway , I think it´s not THAT bad either, you only have to be more carefull sliding, like in real life ;)

The only thing that I REALLY hate until now is Goalkeepers. They make super saves sometimes, and sometimes they make super mistakes. Seems that Seabass hates goalkeepers since they never were well done in any PES version...

In real life you also have goalkeepers who make super saves and super mistakes. I read a thread yesterday about a guy moaning about cut-backs and how they should be eliminated from the game. They happen in real life, deal with it.

In real life you also have goalkeepers who make super saves and super mistakes. I read a thread yesterday about a guy moaning about cut-backs and how they should be eliminated from the game. They happen in real life, deal with it.

That´s true. real goalkeepers made big mistakes, but not THAT often...

I couldn't agree more about the goalkeepers. They parry SOOO many shots right into the goal it's pathetic. Another gripe I have is the FK's. Way too easy and the CPU is freakin AUTOMATIC scoring inside 25 yds. To be honest I don't think Deco has missed one against me at that distance.

if the final version looks similar to the demo it would seriously be a big downstep for pes world. I think this is the first PES game that i would honestly say similar to FIFA

if the final version looks similar to the demo it would seriously be a big downstep for pes world. I think this is the first PES game that i would honestly say similar to FIFA

Actually, it doesn´t matter if PES looks similar to Fifa in some aspects this time. Gameplay It´s SO SO good and realistic! I think this is the first KONAMI´s release of PES´s series were we can see REAL changes that makes the game achieve an awesome realism. I never enjoyed playing against machine, but this time I´m almost there, jeje, I guess that playing one on one it´s gonna be great. Defense this time is more solid wich was the weak point in PES6, it´s a shame the goalkeepers thing, let´s hope that´s solved in final release.
Someone said this already: You can see that every player has his own ability clearly, and they are differents from each other. They´ve done a great job there.

Actually, it doesn´t matter if PES looks similar to Fifa in some aspects this time. Gameplay It´s SO SO good and realistic! I think this is the first KONAMI´s release of PES´s series were we can see REAL changes that makes the game achieve an awesome realism. I never enjoyed playing against machine, but this time I´m almost there, jeje, I guess that playing one on one it´s gonna be great. Defense this time is more solid wich was the weak point in PES6, it´s a shame the goalkeepers thing, let´s hope that´s solved in final release.
Someone said this already: You can see that every player has his own ability clearly, and they are differents from each other. They´ve done a great job there.

Agreed. Yesterday I was watching a football game (Getafe-Real Madrid) and I said "omg this looks like PES 2008 demo". The movements, players running into space, short passes. The more you play it, the more you see it´s real.

well said :D

Not played it enough but the few I've seen, keepers dives or lack of ..

I know they dive but not full length, I watched a few replays of goals I've scored and its there, keeper standing mid-goal shot going into either corner and he jumps up off the ground as dives to whatever side. But if you take a close look the dive does not go anywhere, he leaps up and goes right or left but his body does not travel in the air when he comes down and is laying on the ground his feet are just about where he started his dive from...

PES 2008 is in many aspects better than any other football game and better than what I would have expected from it. But the keepers are too bad and crosses are as fast as shots, the ball seems to be too heavy, generally the ball physics seem to be seriously flawed this time... which is very unrealistic and annoying

PES 2008 is in many aspects better than any other football game and better than what I would have expected from it. But the keepers are too bad and crosses are as fast as shots, the ball seems to be too heavy, generally the ball physics seem to be seriously flawed this time... which is very unrealistic and annoying

true true

They should also remove this decision making methods. Sometimes the ball goes out of the line because the game wanted it to do so!!! Sometimes players take the ball because the game decided that they are the CHOSEN!!! They need to make they decision free i.e. based on the surroundings no just make my player run after the ball so that it goes out exactly when he reaches it BECAUSE the game wanted that!! This is BS IMO. It was also present in older PES versions.

They should also remove this decision making methods. Sometimes the ball goes out of the line because the game wanted it to do so!!! Sometimes players take the ball because the game decided that they are the CHOSEN!!! They need to make they decision free i.e. based on the surroundings no just make my player run after the ball so that it goes out exactly when he reaches it BECAUSE the game wanted that!! This is BS IMO. It was also present in older PES versions.

U better learn to control ure players better lol

It is not about controlling. It is about the loose balls. How do I control it when I am running after it trying to get it before it goes out of the line? It was not in my possession.

AlaaEG, you're right, many if not most PES players agree there is something like "CPU cheating", even in multiplayer games (confirmed by Konami, "home advantage")

Dont really know what u talking about, it seems to me ure just pissed cus u cant win lol

AlaaEG, you're right, many if not most PES players agree there is something like "CPU cheating", even in multiplayer games (confirmed by Konami, "home advantage")

What the hell are u talking about? Where is that confirmed? I only play multilayer, with frieds since iss pro and online since pes4 and dont know what ure talking about.

Last edited:
Dont really know what u talking about,

I have no doubt about that.

it seems to me ure just pissed cus u cant win lol

Yeah sure it's always that easy. If someone doesn't like every bit of PES he's either too bad at it or too stupid to realise that PES is perfect in every aspect.

What the hell are u talking about? Where is that confirmed? I only play multilayer, with frieds since iss pro and online since pes4 and dont know what ure talking about.

If you haven't noticed that there are games where the ball has a tendency to jump to a certain team's players, well, then I don't know you are playing this game. It was blatantly obvious in PES5. One player was the lucky one with balls rolling towards him and the referee giving him some help and the other player, well he had to fight a bit harder. Don't you remember PES3 with its home/away advantage? CPU cheating/scripting has always been a part of PES, that's just common knowledge amonst PES fans. This is not even criticism, home advantage can be quite interesting, but to say it's not there shows a lack of understanding how PES actually works (and has been for years).

Dont really know what u talking about, it seems to me ure just pissed cus u cant win lol
LoL at people when they act like that. Whether I win or now there are flaws in the game which need to be corrected!!! And I win! A LOT! \\:o/
Are you coming from another Planet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom