PES 2008 DEMO IS THERE!!

Damn i have no shader 3.0 graphic card so i have to play with medium settings. Don't look good, especially the crowd. I don't think that we need shader 3.0 for that ugly crowds. And now Konami, should i bought a new graphic card for my old AGP system? I'll buy a ps3 with this version and delete my order for pc version.

medium: http://www.satirikus.de/sortedspace/medium.jpg
high: http://www.satirikus.de/sortedspace/high.jpg

I'm in the same boat, its only the crowds that really look any different though, and really couldn't care less about them. Better get used to it anyway, most games that are ported from the 360 use SM3.0 so might as well get saving up for a new graphics card.

I played the game in 1600x1200 on highg as that is the max resolution of my monitor.
The game ran without a single problem whatsoever.
But as for the game itself I have never been so dissapointed, the game has taken one step forwards(graphics) and ten steps back in my opinion.
Through balls the way the game plays, I know it is better than Fifa but Konami have to start making some sort of effort.
The through balls the keepers the passing the gameplay.
I know I have only played 4 matches but I have never been so disappointed with a game.

I have downloaded it but it will only download onto my local drive.. ( C: )it says i havent got enough space and when i tell it to install on another drive - it ignores that and installs on my C: and then says cannot install!!

ARRRRGGHH!! Anyone help??

Last edited:
FOR WHO THINKS THAT THE GAME IS TOO FAST PUT THE SETTINGS LIKE THIS:

First: this is actually cheating, because you're not simply slowing down the pace, you're forcing the game to run in slow motion, thus helping your reaction time and everything. In this way games should also last longer in actual time, so as a matter of fact this might be a nice side-effect for a limited time demo.

Second: cranking up resolution and quality, and enabling vsync, is a way to increase the load on your pc and force the game to render the frames slowlier than it should, but it only works if your configuration is not fast enough to keep up with the pace. In other words, this will only work on slower systems.
On my pc for example (athlon x2 6000+, radeon x1950pro, 2gb ram), the game won't slow down even with everything set at max.

@snickers12
the installer use the c:\ for saving the files temporary (extracting)
i had the same problem and used parition magic to give so free space to c:\ which i don't use for games. now it's runs.

First: this is actually cheating, because you're not simply slowing down the pace, you're forcing the game to run in slow motion, thus helping your reaction time and everything. In this way games should also last longer in actual time, so as a matter of fact this might be a nice side-effect for a limited time demo.

Second: cranking up resolution and quality, and enabling vsync, is a way to increase the load on your pc and force the game to render the frames slowlier than it should, but it only works if your configuration is not fast enough to keep up with the pace. In other words, this will only work on slower systems.
On my pc for example (athlon x2 6000+, radeon x1950pro, 2gb ram), the game won't slow down even with everything set at max.

this is just demo version and 2 months old from germany ( laipzig i think ) PES 2008 full realise will be fantastic , im sure 100 percent ( u know what japanis r like ) no wory mate

@snickers12
the installer use the c:\ for saving the files temporary (extracting)
i had the same problem and used parition magic to give so free space to c:\ which i don't use for games. now it's runs.

but i have 3 gig spare!! surely it doesnt need more than that!

but i have 3 gig spare!! surely it doesnt need more than that!

It needs more. Had the same problem. At 3.8 gig it did install. It will first unpack a 1.5gb install file, and then another 2gig install. Even when you install it on another disk, weird

this is just demo version and 2 months old from germany ( laipzig i think ) PES 2008 full realise will be fantastic , im sure 100 percent ( u know what japanis r like ) no wory mate

I realy hope its that, cuz if not; no pes 2008 for me. My pc can run it easy at 1440x900 @ high (dual core 5600+ 8800GTS320mb)

I can't understand why it doesn't let me play at 1280x1024 at high resolution, only on medium... -.- at 1024x768 at high quality it runs fast and amazing

lol, the frame skip is not a cheat. I'm going out on a limb and assuming it is for computers that can't keep up. I've played with it on, and off, and didn't notice a damned difference (at a glance anyhow, the difference might be in the details).

Unfortunately nobodies PC is the same, whether that's hardware, OS/software or the drivers for each individual component.

People experiencing overly fast gameplay, or those experiencing overly slow gameplay, or indeed those experiencing a tangible difference by altering settings such as frame skip shouldn't jump to conclusions. It runs no faster, nor slower than PES 6 on my PC and I should know because I have PES 6 installed and have a master league still going...

Is there anyone who enjoyed the demo, apart from the new decent graphics.
The AI is so poor at making runs and the passing isnt very accurate has Konami been employing people from EA.
I really hope this is an early demo.
But if people are intrested with decent cards you can play the game in 1600x1200 and 16x Super sampling anti-aliasing and the game gets rid of all jaggy edges and looks even better, and you dont lose any frames.

Sorry, but I have problem :/ ..
I would like to graphic change on "high"
but is problem

problemyd5.jpg

any help ?

I have the same problem
but I HAVE PS3.0 card (GF 6600)
So or the game recognizes card as too weak, or I would need 256MB on the gfx (I have 128).

And for those with directx dll problem - install DirectX 9.0c FROM APRIL 2007

no stuttering some times?? it runs fluid???

I have Pentium 4 3,6Ghz, 1GB ram, Nvidia 760GSX 256Mb and on high resolution game runs sometimes not very fluid!!! on medium it runs prefekt!!!

If I run it in window mode it plays at the correct speed, bizarre. Hope this is sorted for release.
haha, it won't be. The problem was the same with other PES games. I had it myself with my old PC. I can't remember how I fixed it. Are you using ATI or NVIDIA? V-Synch on or off?

Im having trouble istalling the game, tried downloading from 2 different sites and i have the same problem

at first it all goes well and when the installation should end a error window pops up and says "1628: Failed to complete the installation"

anyone got a fix for this?

haha, it won't be. The problem was the same with other PES games. I had it myself with my old PC. I can't remember how I fixed it. Are you using ATI or NVIDIA? V-Synch on or off?

Tried it with all options on and off, never had this before on a Pro Evo game to be honest.

Its playing at the same speed as on the 360 in windowed and with v sync on.

Im having trouble istalling the game, tried downloading from 2 different sites and i have the same problem

at first it all goes well and when the installation should end a error window pops up and says "1628: Failed to complete the installation"

anyone got a fix for this?

Always helps to list your specs, what OS (etc).

Do a google search and there's information about clearing your 'temp' folder and such. It could just be a conflict with your computer though, and the installer that Konami have created. Are you using Vista?

not vista but xp x64 edition so its kinda the same, but my pes 6 runs smoothly so i figured this should too, I'll check up on that temp thing and follow up here with the results thx

The installer took a (relatively) long time to unpack and start installing here, it was a bit of a strange package. Not like the previous games in that respect. I'd definitely suspect the OS, 64bit, being the problem from just reading other users responses.

cleared my temp and it still didnt work:/ got loads of free space and a computer that clearly passes the minimum requirements so ive got no idea what the problem is

Edit: the error occurs right when the unpacking of the .msi file is done if that is of any help

hasnt anyone with x64 os managed to install this? couse id really like to try it but i dont really feel like istalling a os just for the demo:P

Last edited:
No Ati HD2600 support?

From the readme:

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS: ATI - Radeon HD2900, HD2400, x1950, x1900, x1800, x1900, x1600, x1050, x1550, x850, x800, x700, x300, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500

Why not Ati Hd2600?

Back
Top Bottom