PES 13 Master League Thread

people/you actually use this camera angle? its ok? loks tricky to me. I used long but i prefer the old camera long on pes on ps2 i dislike how this one rotates and i would prefer it to be zoomed out a bit more.

Favorite camera angle in the game personally. Wide is to distant and i like to see the little details etc. Pitch side is perfect for that!

Favorite camera angle in the game personally. Wide is to distant and i like to see the little details etc. Pitch side is perfect for that!

Ricky - i assume you are on the PC version due to the different animated adboards you have?
Also is that the standard pitchside cam or have you used a cam angle mod too ??

Ricky - i assume you are on the PC version due to the different animated adboards you have?
Also is that the standard pitchside cam or have you used a cam angle mod too ??

Yep, PC version. I believe that's the default angle. Haven't adjusted it myself.

I just pick a players who is good in the air and make a run into the biggest gap I see. If you dummy a direction before the actual run you can usually lose your marker too.

I didn't try crossing with full manual. But with the standard automatic or L1 + cross, I managed to score a hattrick of headers in the same game!

Strange that so many people complain, not only about the crosses but about the header itself. I'm doing well with those.

What about South American ML, anyone trying this yet? I'm concerned about League structure. How is the experience? Many fake teams popping up in the Copa Libertadores?

I didn't try crossing with full manual. But with the standard automatic or L1 + cross, I managed to score a hattrick of headers in the same game!

Strange that so many people complain, not only about the crosses but about the header itself. I'm doing well with those.

What about South American ML, anyone trying this yet? I'm concerned about League structure. How is the experience? Many fake teams popping up in the Copa Libertadores?

Why L1? What it does?

Seems difficult not to put it straight into goalies hands from crosses.
Anyone had this glitch-smashed it into top left hand corner ref gives free kick just outside box checked the replay its only happened once in master league.

You've never played ML before have you? If you did you would know that this has been the case in PES since ps2 days. When you play a new player he has to adapt, sometimes he doesn't low teamwork or not, but after playing him a few games his TW will increase exponentially until it reaches his TW default numerical stat, and after that it will increase slowly to just make him a better allround player.
At least that's how it always went afaik.

Also this whole simulation test thing is bogus because when you play the games, the players will develop much better and faster.

Well, i'm kind of experiencing the same thing here, without simulating games. I remember from previous versions that teamwork-stat increases when you play a new player more often. I started my ML campaign with Borussia Dortmund, immediately signed Isla and Donovan, and played them more often than not. However, their teamwork-stat has not increased since i bought them (I am nearing the end of the first season now). It does look like this teamwork stat progression somehow is broken...

Well, i'm kind of experiencing the same thing here, without simulating games. I remember from previous versions that teamwork-stat increases when you play a new player more often. I started my ML campaign with Borussia Dortmund, immediately signed Isla and Donovan, and played them more often than not. However, their teamwork-stat has not increased since i bought them (I am nearing the end of the first season now). It does look like this teamwork stat progression somehow is broken...

It definitely won't be broken, and there are other factors that come into the equation, one of them is playing the player in his most preferred position. Also it's how that position works with the players around him. Two Anchor Men is no good, as an example.

It definitely won't be broken, and there are other factors that come into the equation, one of them is playing the player in his most preferred position. Also it's how that position works with the players around him. Two Anchor Men is no good, as an example.

yes, I would agree that the teamwork stat is not broken but it is very, very unforgiving this year. I rather enjoy this aspect. For example, I am nearing the end of my second year of an ML with Newcastle (though I have paused it a bit to figure out this whole patch thing) and all of my regular starting players had teamwork stats in the 70's and 80's and we played well, everything was good. I transfered out two players in my first winter and brought in two players. They joined the team and their teamwork stat plunged into the low 50's. Fine, I thought midway through the spring they would be back with the rest of the team. Not so, by the winter transfer of my second season, both players had only just reached 61 on the teamwork stat. They play well with the other players, but certainly not quite insync. I think the idea is to be very, very careful with your transfers, to keep players on the squad for quite a few years, to not count on a new player turning your team around. I think the game is calling for some loyalty and even love for our players. I like it, makes things deliciously difficult. You can't just call in a ringer, you know?

Last edited:
What teams are people using for their ML? I just can't decide who to do one with. I was going to start one with Parma as I love their kit, but then I also really want to play as a Spanish team seeing as the stadiums, crowds and teams are so authentic and fully licenced. I'm thinking Espanyol perhaps. I like their stadium in the game, the pitches look lovely in day and night matches, and it's a big club. And seeing as they play in Barcelona, it's a big challenge to try and take them to the same heights as their near neighbours....

Espanyol a big club? Not so sure about that. La liga is great cause of stadiums and chants. I chose espanyol and they were horrible..... But still learning nuances of game

Espanyol a big club? Not so sure about that. La liga is great cause of stadiums and chants. I chose espanyol and they were horrible..... But still learning nuances of game

I've actually been playing with Espanyol and have really enjoyed them. Since the update they have signed Simao and a Uruguan striker called Stuani. Their best players though are Albin and Joan Verdu. Albin is brilliant, with a fantastic dig on him. I'd definitely recommend them as a team for ML.

I've started an ML with Boro, and I've had a dreadful start, played 7, Won 0, drawn 3, lost 4. No complaints though, the squad are terrible. I'm going to start again once the update has been done to sort the formations out. I tried Defaulting Hull's squad to see if that worked, but it made the line-up's even worse.

I also need to tweak quite a few of the Boro players stats. Emnes at 56 OVR is way too low, and I don't have a Reece Williams or Woodgate, so I'm going to create them from scratch.

Konami have again decided to not allow chants to be heard in Division 2, that is criminal. I understand the whole reasoning with regards bringing the crowds in at the end of the season when your doing well, but to over-ride the option to hear all the Championship chants throughout the season is bullshit. I have every teams chants and can't even use them. What a stupid decision again. Why is it they never remove the shit inclusions ? :CONFUSE: :(

Basically I've been in a bullshit 'Catch 22'. I would like to start in the Brasilian League 1, and have all the chants and atmosphere from the get-go, but the immersion would be ruined after the first season when the Championship sides get promoted. Alternatively, I can have a proper 2-tier league structure in England, but without chants until I get promoted. Bugger. :(

Last edited:
I played with Albin a couple of years ago when he was with Getafe, he is among my all-time favourite PES-players...really loved him. Been thinking to play a ML with Espanyol, only for him, or otherwise i will buy him with another club. Would love to see him in the EPL.

I guess they're not a huge cub, they average around 25,000 a game, but I like to pick a team that is not generally winning stuff in real life but could have the potential to realistically become a successful club. They have a great new 45,000 stadium which looks lovely in the game, and I also quite like their kit so it's a good team to go for. Plus trying to oust the top two from dominating in Spain (once promotion from div 2 is ever secured, IF I manage to do that lol) is quite a challenge in itself. And that's before trying to then take on Europe.

If I do go with Espanyol then I'll again go with the ML defaults to make it even harder. shame though that the regular ML defaul players aren't in the game anymore.

Have you guys started with ML default team and received big transfer offers for your top players? (normal transfer activity)

I'm in my 4th season now and no one is interested(watch list) or put in a transfer for my top players??? I'm talking about rating 85+ players, some of whom won the top scorer, top assist, league/cup team player award in the previous seasons.

I do get transfer request for my listed players though.

My scout now is the 3million guy but I doubt it helps much. (simulated to mid-season, no transfer request in 1 month...)

Back in PES2012, I had the same problem. In the first season, rating 80 Shimizu received offers of a paltry <1 million while some 70+ AI players can go for 10million.

Later on when he has grown to 90+, there are either no offers or negotiation could take the entire transfer period but nothing comes through for approval.

Once the transfer period ended, all traces of transfer interest are wiped off!?!?

It looks like I could never sell a youth team player for top dollars!

For the record, I have received high offers while starting out with league teams in previous PES but NOT ML default.

Last edited:
so generally - people are enjoying ML so far? read that article at wWENB... comparatively, how you guys digging it?

I'm playing Co-op with my 16 year son in ML, with Middlesbrough, 15 minute games, Professional with Patch 1.01 and WENB's OF. Having an absolute blast. I'm finding there are a lot more goals from both us and the CPU in 2-Player. Had some real barnburners so far. Loving it.

I'm playing Co-op with my 16 year son in ML, with Middlesbrough, 15 minute games, Professional with Patch 1.01 and WENB's OF. Having an absolute blast. I'm finding there are a lot more goals from both us and the CPU in 2-Player. Had some real barnburners so far. Loving it.

so, do each of you feel immerse in the virtual football world? less on the footy (though clearly what its all about) but do you feel the drama of the season?

so, do each of you feel immerse in the virtual football world? less on the footy (though clearly what its all about) but do you feel the drama of the season?

We are only half-way through the first season, but we have had some cracking matches so far, and I'm enjoying the personal training side of the game, and the 'fun' element of the boots. The Championship is very authentic with all the teams and kits, it's just a pity the chants can't be heard.

We are only half-way through the first season, but we have had some cracking matches so far, and I'm enjoying the personal training side of the game, and the 'fun' element of the boots. The Championship is very authentic with all the teams and kits, it's just a pity the chants can't be heard.

thanks for the colour - very helpful. love the aspect i hear that teamwork rating is unforgiving. makes transfers have to be very thought out, methodical....

or have to clean the decks and wait for success down the road.

I'm enjoying ML so far, it's better than last year's game for sure. I'm enjoying the return of training with focus points, and I'm actually enjoy the RPG element of the game with using items etc. I've started with Espanyol in the Spanish Second Division, Top Player, version 1.00, and zero assists on everything.

I've given to nicknaming my team of ML players 'the incomprehensibles' due to their frankly ridiculous names, but whatever, I'm enjoying it. I've started my career by managing to sell 4 players for a combined fee of around £400,000 and have promoted a ton of youth players. Some of them are potential world stars.

Amongst the top players I have are keeper Augustin, and CB Nouhei, who is frankly off the charts with potential. Already rated at 81, his key stats for a CB are colossal. Up front, I've got a youth player spearheading my attack by the traditionally known Welsh name of 'Wroughllen'. His potential too is off the scale, and in three matches he's already weighed in with a couple of goals.

I haven't made any signings yet but I am enjoying the role the scout plays this year, giving you a percentage of your chance to sign them. I'd imagine better scouts improve these chances and give a more accurate report.

Anyways, three games in and I'm struggling near the bottom of the table with two draws and a defeat, the first match being a narrow 1-0 home defeat followed by a mammoth comeback. Trailing 3-0 after just 40 minutes, I pulled one back before half time, before completing an amazing comeback in the second half to finish 3-3.

Next match, I came back from 0-2 down to level at 2-2, instantly fell 3-2 behind before my right back curled home a beauty from 25 yards to claw back another 3-3 draw with just minutes to spare.

I'm one off the bottom of the table, with the worst defensive record in the league and also being joint top scorers.....

I hope this is s blip with the game, I can't carry on playing if every game is going to finish 3-3, 4-3 etc.

But I love the ML defaults, they're terrible. My top youth prospects really stand out as being far better, which has encouraged me to build the team around them by equipping them with the training items and boots. Unrealistic that but fun nonetheless.

Actually I might quit this ML and start a new one as Spurs. I've never done a ML in the English League before so it might be fun with Daymos' option file looking so good these days. It also offers a lot of editing opportunities which would be fun, like altering the kit from season to season, having them move to a new stadium after a season etc.

Sounds kind of fun...

Back
Top Bottom