PES 13 Master League Thread

dannyfc2

Premiership
9 June 2009
Lets get this started then.

Kicked off a season with the defaults, as per usual. They've ditched all the previous names, but the new lot are equally as incompetent. The archetypal Englishmen DM especially, with the touch of a baby elephant, is causing me plenty of aggro.

Has anyone playing the ML noticed the weird balls. I played a match with a bright red ball and another with an old skool brown leather one. Can't see an option for ball selection anywhere.

Anyone else experience this?

Has anyone playing the ML noticed the weird balls. I played a match with a bright red ball and another with an old skool brown leather one. Can't see an option for ball selection anywhere.

Anyone else experience this?

Absolutely, annoying the crap out of me as well. I do not want to play with random balls!

Agreed. One game the ball felt and looked like a pea lol. Can't remember which ball it was. The a red and purple one or something then an old brown medicine ball.

Kicked off the season with Real Madrid.

Started on Regular difficulty, but after 5 or so games found it too easy. Bumped it to Pro and now it's a blast :D. Of course with current team line ups.

Bought Hummels and Zuniga to bolster my defense a little. Wanted to grab Modric, but feckers wouldn't sell him to me :(.

After 11 games in league I am 2nd place. First is, surprise, surprise, not Barcelona. Malaga :D.

Barcelona is 3rd. Haha.

Sitting 1st in CL group too with 12 points out of 4 games.

C. Ronaldo is a beast. Scoring 2 on avg per game. O_O

Didn't notice anything about balls. In LFP it's Maxim LFP ball. In CL it's CL ball from last year. Only in Spanish Cup (with real teams!!), the balls is PES 2013 one. The blue/yellow one from demo. Yikes :P.

In December now. :D

Final fixture of CL ahead vs Copenhagen away. Chance for all group game wins, but... last games in my case are always dreadful :(.

2zi0i12.jpg

Current standings.

Now in league, we are a force, started to play crafty football, finally the chemistry is there and can pull off some beautiful first touch moves :).

League table:

2hnyq0n.jpg

Ronaldo is unbelievable with 32 goals in campaign already! Messi can shove the awards in his ass (won World FIFA footballer of the year award :().

At first I thought boots will ruin it (and they slightly do imo), but gameplay wins hands down. Can't stop playing this game! HELP!!

Those computer goal for and against columns look awfully low. Last year was ridiculous for how many goals were being scored in simulated games between CPU teams, looks like they have gone to the opposite extreme this year.

What match length are you playing? 10 or 15 mins? Asking because there was a version (maybe last year) where the amount of simulated goals depended on your match length

I see, thanks. I always play 15 mins, hope that will make the simulated goals tally a bit more realistic. Anyone playing a 15 minute ML who can confirm this?

Lol at Real Betis, 6 goals in 16 games, think they may need a new strikeforce. Please don't tell me that teams 17-20 have scored even less that that

No. Bottom teams are 12, 11, 15 scored. Only Betis is on 7 goals scored <lol>.

Barcelona upped their game and now has got 53 goals scored in 18 games :o.

346x7a1.jpg

Final league table. Season ended :).

Lost in Quarter Finals of Spanish Cup vs winners Barcelona :(.

Lost in Quarter Finals of Champs League vs Inter Milan :(.

Hopefully, next season, will be better ;).

Stand out player? Cristiano Ronaldo. Overall Rating 103 <lol>. Ended season in league with massive 49 goals. No Messi in league as he was sold to... Inter Milan O_O.

My current team:

2i1egqp.jpg

Off to shopping now. Gonna hop onto it later tonight :D.

In first season Everton I edited the squad to get rid of Rodwell and Cahill and put in Oviedo, Mirallas and Pienaar.

Struggled losing 6/7 games at first but got to grips with them, way too many draws though and a bit of scripting on Top Player, bought Janssen from Ajax but been dissapointed in him as his stats are now decreasing too, loved him on demo1 on pc. Finished 9th and 4 points outside Europa League.

Pre season had a £35 million bid for Baines which I rejected, he was my leading assister but non of the other left backs at looked at would come.

Bought Gyan who is ace, Callejon for £30 million and Lichtsteiner from Juventus for 20 million, 19 games in, 5th place and 3 points off fourth.

Very punishing game at times

The transfer system needs a total rewrite. Why do players who have maximum happiness request transfers to clubs with lower rankings when the CPU makes mediocre bid, but 99% of the CPU players won't even give my offers a sniff.

Makes me wonder how KONAMI made transfers. I can understand you can't snap Modric/Vidal, etc. in first season.

But in second you should be able to at least interest them no? I can't sign Modric, Isla, Vidal, Reus (ok, that I understand :P), some Uzbekistan player (Agdalov?).

Seriously? They won't join Real Madrid? Bloody feck we finished in Quarter Finals of CL O_O and won La Liga...

Nope, they won't :(.

Is anyone playing with the original ML team? Its really hard this year. After PES2008 I took a break from PES until 2011 and something that bothered me was how I could play well with the original ML team. Back in the PS2 days the defaults were the hard option, the players were bad and It was a struggle to win games and even when I won the football was ugly! The past couple of years I have been able to play nice tidy football with them and gain promotion quite easily.
I am around 10 games into my campaign and I have yet to win, play anything resembling good football and have scored just 1 goal. I am actually finding it hard to string more than 3 or 4 passes together and I am getting battered by the CPU on top player. The hardest thing is getting them set up right, I have spent about 6 hours on the training ground and cannot find anything that works too well. I made the mistake of releasing lots of the squad to free up money for a better coach and to bring in some youth players and 2 new signings, the problem is that I never checked the stats thoroughly enough and have ended up with 5 players that dont fit with the rest of the boys. I thought I had made some progress in the last match because I was stringing together a few passes and put together some nice moves but upon reflection I realised I was 2 - 0 down, in the last 20 mins and the CPU had backed right off and was letting me play. Its going to be a tough year!

Yeah it's tough but I'm coping won 3 drawn 2 and lost 4 in the next round of cup. I think it's because I managed to make 4 decent signings, a cb who is a rock for me. A midfielder who has good technique and can tackle plays DMF. My top goal scorer who plays behind the striker his a cut above the rest. And a tall striker who is a bit shit to be honest can't header to save his life but holds the ball up well and has scored a few.

Can't remember their names right now but will post them up later. Need to sign a new keeper when I get the chance mine is a fucking retard

Yeah it's tough but I'm coping won 3 drawn 2 and lost 4 in the next round of cup. I think it's because I managed to make 4 decent signings, a cb who is a rock for me. A midfielder who has good technique and can tackle plays DMF. My top goal scorer who plays behind the striker his a cut above the rest. And a tall striker who is a bit shit to be honest can't header to save his life but holds the ball up well and has scored a few.

Can't remember their names right now but will post them up later. Need to sign a new keeper when I get the chance mine is a fucking retard

A keeper is a must, I brought one in from the youth team whos name escapes me but it starts with a K, he is like Buffon in comparison to the 3 that start off in the team.
I could really do with a striker as none of the originals cut it, they have a couple of good attributes each but are lacking massively in most areas. My main problem with them is movement, none really want to attack the box. I tried to work Rustwyth(I think thats his name) into the team because he has 87 shot accuracy but he comes really deep and does not run forward enough, the striker situation is a bit of a head ache.
I also have problems in midfield, I bought a guy to play DMF who has good stats but I never saw that he has 3 for defence, this makes him sit really deep and always mix in the with CBs, I am wide open in the middle of the pitch.
Judging from the last 2 games I will not be able to sell any players at this point because no one will buy. The thing that really used to help in the old days was offering players plus cash but you cant do that anymore(:RANT:) so I think I may lose my job if things carry on like this.

A quick question guys, the AI cheat from last year's PES is still present?

PES_stats.jpg

In my opinion it's still there. Just look at those stats for the game I just played. 3 shots 3 goals yet I battered them. It's not been a one off for me sadly, It happens too often in this manner which is a problem. If I'm a poor team or poor at the game I expect to be getting owned, not cheated. :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom