PES 13 Master League Thread

Jimmy you'll be pleased to know our guy Arevalo is still an absolute animal in midfield. Tackles upon tackles. :CONFUSE:

After many games, i also think Superstar/15 minutes, is the best the AI has to offer without that "Cheated" feeling. It seems to reward/punish your use of tactics and instructions more than in other difficulty. Try it out. Felt very good today outwiting Internacional, Flamengo and Palmeiras with my Mineiro side where my Triguinho LB is shining above anyone else minus Jô. Great striker! Recommend both players and Richarlyson too.

Dunno if everyone knows (apologies if you do) but you can edit the names of your Youth Team players in Edit Player to make them more realistic.
Personally it gets a bit irritating to promote a English youth team player with a name like Niellemoyererc or whatever names Konami come up with.
Appeareances can be edited too but not stats.

Dunno if everyone knows (apologies if you do) but you can edit the names of your Youth Team players in Edit Player to make them more realistic.
Personally it gets a bit irritating to promote a English youth team player with a name like Niellemoyererc or whatever names Konami come up with.
Appeareances can be edited too but not stats.

I'm not 100% sure on that. If the names are listed in the database, you could probably edit them before you start a career but if they're hidden until you start the mode, then maybe you can't edit them?

Is there a way to turn off auto save or have they removed that too?

Was getting spanked last night on top player so moved down to professional but found the CPU defenders give you too much space in their box to shoot so gonna move it back up to top player.

Has anyone else who started with the defaults noticed how they don't move into any space and just stand still even my new signings (ss and cf) do it and they are the worst. They stay in the same position all game without moving, really annoying anyone know why this is?

I have not touched ML since the PS2 days and have come back from FIFA and it's Career mode to PES and the ML.

Now I wasn't really wanting to start a proper ML but merely to stick my head in and have a look around the game mode and see what it was like and go back to just playing Cups or Exhibition until the October DLC and then I will start an ML proper.

So I think I must be missing something ???

Because I picked Granada in La Liga with the normal club players and not ML made up ones.

I look at my finances and I have £28.5m in the bank it seems, then I try to find the menu option for searching for players and transfers etc.

So I find out that all the players market values are REALLY low - the 2 dearest most expensive in the game are Messi and Ronaldo and both are priced about £9m each ??????

So after this I was a bit baffled and just came out of ML and played some more games in Exhibition.

What is going on ? I have £28.5m (fair enough) & Messi costs £9m (WTF?)

Can anyone explain what is going on ?

Lol nah you got it wrong that's more like his wages I think, you got 28 million yeah but you will also have a big chunk of that come out when the season starts. Go to your finances and select expected earnings to see what I mean

Hmmm, perhaps . . but I went to this screen to search for players and there was a counter wheel thing with rollable digits and I set it to Market Value £20m to £50m to find players between that value and no one showed up.

Only when I lowered it down to £5m - £10m did it find ANY players ?

Maybe I am on the wrong thing and searching wage values if that is possible ?

So what are the transfer values of most players like then . . realistic ?

I will have a more thorough look when home from work tonight.

Thanks

I started with 10mins, defaults, Superstar but then drop to Top player after about 10 games. First half season was slow but the player individualism stood out really well.

There are a few gems in Youth Team that are alot better than your first team. The core of my team is made up of youth team. Of the Defaults, I like the Counbury guy, 88 tenacity make him a real fighter!

I managed to sign an AMF Zerkovic(77) in mid season for free. This guy feels like a 90+ Shimizu among the defaults! :WORSHIP:

The 2nd half plays out fine although ML cheats are more apparent. I sneaked to 3rd place on the last day and got promoted to English league.

Now my 1st season in English league, it's a ML cheat nightmare...
Losing all rebounds,
corner goals,
own goals,
my player colliding to lose the ball and goal,
my players winning the ball then turning like a tank leading to goals,
AI colliding into me and the loose ball magically became a through ball for AI score,
you name it LOL.

Having only time for 3 games daily, I really doubt I want to waste anymore time to hope for the best but then turn off the game in disgust.

Seriously hoping Yair and Jenkey could work their magic once again because the base game is good.. Otherwise, I guess it's back to demo1+yair_test9+jenkey = Bliss.

Last edited:
This value is suggested salary per season, I think. Last ML I played was in PES 2011 but it was already like this.
Don't worry, the values will be more or less realistic. I remember I signed Messi for €70m in PES 2011!

Yes, the market value you are seeing is really their wages. you can't search by transfer value but you can see an estimated transfer price on one of the player info screens, as the screen below shows.

ronaldovaluepes2013.jpg

Was getting spanked last night on top player so moved down to professional but found the CPU defenders give you too much space in their box to shoot so gonna move it back up to top player.

Has anyone else who started with the defaults noticed how they don't move into any space and just stand still even my new signings (ss and cf) do it and they are the worst. They stay in the same position all game without moving, really annoying anyone know why this is?

I was thinking of moving down to Pro after going through the month of Sept losing 5 games in a row, letting in 12 goals and scoring 0 :P. I think I will persevere though after reading this.

Yes the movement of the original ML players is lacking to say the least. I think its related to the teamwork stat but I am not sure, that stat is between 60 and 70 for most players so it would explain it. Something else I have found is that adjusting the tactical sliders has very little effect with them also, again I think this is down to the teamwork stat. I hired one of the £500,000 coaches who has quite a few focus points, tonight I will put as many as possible into the training that I think will enhance the teamwork. I am sure that if I had better movement I would be scoring at least a few goals.

I have got my originals playing better now, mostly because I have figured out how to use the individuals in the team, starting to create a few chances and playing some decent football at times. The slower I play the game the more I appreciate the individual players and their abilities, also I am starting to see instantly when a player is in poor form and when they are tired.

Last edited:
^^^ I noticed the lack of movement, and yeah, I also put it down to the teamwork stat. This would hold true for new signings as well, as they will start at 40-50 and it will gradually increase the more they play. The Ukrainian striker probably makes the most runs, so it's probably worth checking out which attributes he's most strongest in.

This value is suggested salary per season, I think. Last ML I played was in PES 2011 but it was already like this.
Don't worry, the values will be more or less realistic. I remember I signed Messi for €70m in PES 2011!

Thank You

Yes, the market value you are seeing is really their wages. you can't search by transfer value but you can see an estimated transfer price on one of the player info screens, as the screen below shows.

ronaldovaluepes2013.jpg

Thanks, I guess I am just used to FIFA's career mode whereby you search a lot by how much you have to spend and see what players you can afford to bring in.

Are you saying there is NO label or field that shows what a player is worth in transfer fee in the whole game . . . or are you simply saying there is no way to search for a player based on this value ?

** Ignore the above just looked at the image again and saw the estimated transfer fee - that is what I get for having a quick sneaky look during work ** Haha thanks again

Last edited:
Are you saying there is NO label or field that shows what a player is worth in transfer fee in the whole game . . . or are you simply saying there is no way to search for a player based on this value ?

Only that there's no way to search by transfer value. If you can see my screenshot, you can see it does show an estimated transfer fee for Ronaldo. It's bottom right 48,375,000

Is there a way to turn off auto save or have they removed that too?

I was thinking of moving down to Pro after going through the month of Sept losing 5 games in a row, letting in 12 goals and scoring 0 :P. I think I will persevere though after reading this.

Yes the movement of the original ML players is lacking to say the least. I think its related to the teamwork stat but I am not sure, that stat is between 60 and 70 for most players so it would explain it. Something else I have found is that adjusting the tactical sliders has very little effect with them also, again I think this is down to the teamwork stat. I hired one of the £500,000 coaches who has quite a few focus points, tonight I will put as many as possible into the training that I think will enhance the teamwork. I am sure that if I had better movement I would be scoring at least a few goals.

I have got my originals playing better now, mostly because I have figured out how to use the individuals in the team, starting to create a few chances and playing some decent football at times. The slower I play the game the more I appreciate the individual players and their abilities, also I am starting to see instantly when a player is in poor form and when they are tired.

Thank you mate glad it's not just me yeah the new signings are in their 40's for teamwork so hopefully it will improve.

Yeah away games are a bitch in this most players seem to be purple and you can really feel the difference, again this should improve with time, seems like it's going be a hard slog this year to get to the top!

@ ollywoly

Yes thanks, see my edited post.

I didn't read it properly first time due to being at work.

Can you search by Overall player rating at least, that would be good enough really ?

Last edited:
^^^ I noticed the lack of movement, and yeah, I also put it down to the teamwork stat. This would hold true for new signings as well, as they will start at 40-50 and it will gradually increase the more they play. The Ukrainian striker probably makes the most runs, so it's probably worth checking out which attributes he's most strongest in.

You started with defaults as well? What set up you use and how you finding it?

You started with defaults as well? What set up you use and how you finding it?

Yeah starting with the defaults is standard procedure for me, although I've just been playing online last couple of days.

Only reached October, but as you can see already replaced the bulk of the squad...

11vmf4m.jpg

Nomatokhalis and Niellender are both from the youth team. Latter is 16 and really useful off the bench. Of the starting squad, the backline is solid if you sub in Harty, who has really good anticipation. Gellazca and Houleigeu are also very decent, Van Boraad puts himself about and gets into dangerous positions. I also like to bring Heauderbaix on for the last 10, his raw pace absolutely rapes defenders late on.

Generally I try to move the ball quickly before the AI has time to sit back in numbers. Compactness and Player Support are both high to stretch the field to hit them on the break. Quite often just launch it to my targetman (Friend) route one style, then look to feed in Beqiraj or lay it off to Niellender cutting in.

I have some very bad news, it is a mode breaker for me. I just spent the last hour simulating 2 months at a time, each time using a different maxed out training discipline to see which one would increase the teamwork stat. None of them increased it!!! :CONFUSE:
This could mean that if you simulate matches your stats do not increase, or that teamwork is increased by a method other than training, or the mode is broken.

This destroys ML for me as I do not want to play with a team of statues which is the case with the original line up. Also if you start with an real line up, as soon as you buy a player they will become a statue because of their teamwork stat which plumments when they join the team.

Does anyone care to replicate this experiment to see if they get a different result? Konami need to be notified if it is indeed broken and it needs to be fixed sharpish with a patch.

I have some very bad news, it is a mode breaker for me. I just spent the last hour simulating 2 months at a time, each time using a different maxed out training discipline to see which one would increase the teamwork stat. None of them increased it!!! :CONFUSE:
This could mean that if you simulate matches your stats do not increase, or that teamwork is increased by a method other than training, or the mode is broken.

This destroys ML for me as I do not want to play with a team of statues which is the case with the original line up. Also if you start with an real line up, as soon as you buy a player they will become a statue because of their teamwork stat which plumments when they join the team.

Does anyone care to replicate this experiment to see if they get a different result? Konami need to be notified if it is indeed broken and it needs to be fixed sharpish with a patch.

So your saying teamwork stat doesn't go up? Pretty sure my players teamwork stats are gradually going up.

Think I've finally cracked it with my ml team have won 4 out of my last 5. Changed my formation and it has worked wonders playing some wonderful football, still close games though. Had much better session than last night when I was just yelling at the screen.

I'm not 100% sure on that. If the names are listed in the database, you could probably edit them before you start a career but if they're hidden until you start the mode, then maybe you can't edit them?

I have been able to. The names also update the youth team players in my existing ML.
Go to edit player and scroll right to the end where the PES players are. One of the sections is for Youth Team player (it has them pegged as 'New ML faces' or something like that. You can edit their names, including adding a coomentary name from the alphabetical list.

Only issue i had yesterday was trying to edit players that have been changed as a result of the Option file i downloaded from OPE the other day. Everytime i try to get Giroud's face back to the default (it has changed for some reason) it crashes my 360. This is a different issue and the guys at OPE are working on a fix according to their forum.

Okay I have revised the test to see if it is infact a broken mode. I started a new ML and after all the cut scenes at the start I saved the game 7 times. Then in each save I maxed out a different training discipline and simulated the months of August to January to see which one effects the teamwork stat. I only checked the stats of 1 player, Gellazca who has a teamwork stat of 67 and is said to develop at a steady rate. So after 5 months of training his teamwork stat was effected as follows:

Shoot training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Pass training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Dribbling training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Defence training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Speed training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Power training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Stamina training caused an increase of 2/6ths of a point.

Yes you read that right 2/6ths of a point! his stat of 67 stayed at 67, the only thing that changed was the bar to the left of the number which increased by 2/6ths.

So I guess to increase the teamwork stat you will have to earn loads of points and buy the stat upgrades in the shop, nice one Konami :WORSHIP:.

This made me wonder if any of the other stats had increased, I went back through the saved games and checked the stats after 5 months of training against the originals. NOT ONE STAT HAD ITS NUMERICAL VALUE INCREASED. And yes player development was turned on.

?????????????????????????????????

Edit:

Just gone back and checked a different player just incase Gellazca is broken. Checked Paccini this time and exactly the same, not 1 numerical value has changed after 5 months of intensive training. So the only way to level up at anything other than a snails pace is to use the boots and other items, bravo Konami you have really outdone yourselves this time.

Last edited:
I'll ask in here as it's ML.

But I've saw mentions of something to do with Boots and ML. What exactly is it?

Is it like players getting boosts for particular attributes or something?

FD

Loving this game. Superstar + 15min games = simply AMAZING!

Started my ML last night. Chose a team in edit mode and replaced the team with a bunch of wonderkids (i love seeing them develop into superstars). Then simulated my 1st season lol. Made it in La Liga and so far have won both my games.

First game was against ______ (i forget). Down 2-0 in the first half. Come second half changed my 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 and began hammering them. Ending up staging a comeback and winning 4-3. I love how a change of tactics can definitely change the outcome of the game. Second game was against Sevilla and played them to a narrow 1-0 win.

I decided to check the standings and Barcelona was in first and to my surprise Real Madrid was 14th! I checked their roster and no Ronaldo, turns out he transfers to Juve lol.

Back
Top Bottom