PES 13 Master League Thread

I have some very bad news, it is a mode breaker for me. I just spent the last hour simulating 2 months at a time, each time using a different maxed out training discipline to see which one would increase the teamwork stat. None of them increased it!!! :CONFUSE:
This could mean that if you simulate matches your stats do not increase, or that teamwork is increased by a method other than training, or the mode is broken.

This destroys ML for me as I do not want to play with a team of statues which is the case with the original line up. Also if you start with an real line up, as soon as you buy a player they will become a statue because of their teamwork stat which plumments when they join the team.

Does anyone care to replicate this experiment to see if they get a different result? Konami need to be notified if it is indeed broken and it needs to be fixed sharpish with a patch.

You've never played ML before have you? If you did you would know that this has been the case in PES since ps2 days. When you play a new player he has to adapt, sometimes he doesn't low teamwork or not, but after playing him a few games his TW will increase exponentially until it reaches his TW default numerical stat, and after that it will increase slowly to just make him a better allround player.
At least that's how it always went afaik.

Also this whole simulation test thing is bogus because when you play the games, the players will develop much better and faster.

Is anyone playing with the original ML team? Its really hard this year. After PES2008 I took a break from PES until 2011 and something that bothered me was how I could play well with the original ML team. Back in the PS2 days the defaults were the hard option, the players were bad and It was a struggle to win games and even when I won the football was ugly! The past couple of years I have been able to play nice tidy football with them and gain promotion quite easily.
I am around 10 games into my campaign and I have yet to win, play anything resembling good football and have scored just 1 goal. I am actually finding it hard to string more than 3 or 4 passes together and I am getting battered by the CPU on top player. The hardest thing is getting them set up right, I have spent about 6 hours on the training ground and cannot find anything that works too well. I made the mistake of releasing lots of the squad to free up money for a better coach and to bring in some youth players and 2 new signings, the problem is that I never checked the stats thoroughly enough and have ended up with 5 players that dont fit with the rest of the boys. I thought I had made some progress in the last match because I was stringing together a few passes and put together some nice moves but upon reflection I realised I was 2 - 0 down, in the last 20 mins and the CPU had backed right off and was letting me play. Its going to be a tough year!

I am playing with one of the original D2 League (the ganzoraccio football club) with all squads default and all kits made to make at least the matches look a bit more real, with sponsors and such. The only player that is not from ganzoraccio is myself, being created in BAL as a 17 years old striker with a 63 overall rating, but a very nice 93 shoot accurancy. The first season was a total mess, with me shouting and yelling at the bounch of losers i have (one of them being AQUASIO, a striker that would not score a goal even against defences of a 9th level amateur league) but at same time i could see that taking really care of them did help me a lot. At the end of first season we finished 8th (i was 5th but when i realized i could not get the promotion, i started to simulate matches to end the season faster) with the only satisfication coming from italian cup where in the first round we won against Bologna, a much stronger team compared to my Buddies. On the second round tho, Cagliari humiliated us, in a 5-0 match at their home after we managed to keep a good match at the home leg (2-2).
On the second season tho, i was lucky and DONADONI accepted a contract deal, truly improving my midfield, plus some players from youth team got very good, like a defender called NOEHI or something similar. The first half of the season we dominated the league, and the second half, due to the fact that St. Etienne offered me 9 milions for DONADONI (while i had to pay him only the contract since i got him as a free agent) that i accepted cause honeslty his contract was too high, made me lose a lot of matches, but fortunatly my striker INGALDI (myself :D ) managed to score 26 goals, and we finished on 2nd position, behind Bologna. Now in Serie A, after 2 matches i am wondering where my team can get since i didnt manage to sign anyone good this time. Anyway this year ML is really additive, and very difficult. You truly have to think twice about who to keep, who to sell, and how to use boots and training tools

I have some very bad news, it is a mode breaker for me. I just spent the last hour simulating 2 months at a time, each time using a different maxed out training discipline to see which one would increase the teamwork stat. None of them increased it!!! :CONFUSE:
This could mean that if you simulate matches your stats do not increase, or that teamwork is increased by a method other than training, or the mode is broken.

This destroys ML for me as I do not want to play with a team of statues which is the case with the original line up. Also if you start with an real line up, as soon as you buy a player they will become a statue because of their teamwork stat which plumments when they join the team.

Does anyone care to replicate this experiment to see if they get a different result? Konami need to be notified if it is indeed broken and it needs to be fixed sharpish with a patch.

Just play the games instead of simulating. Of course do not expect team work to raise to 90s in just a season or 2. It all depends on the original teamwork stat of the player. For example a player that already have a team work stat that is high, will likely became very good in few matches. But a player with lets say 50 team work, then it can take even 10 seasons for him to truly play the way you want him, unless he has otehr good stats, but assuming you play only with ML defaults, its faster to just buy new players as soon as you can. In this pes is very realistic, since it do not allow you to win anything if you have a bounch of losers (can you imagine for example a team of english conference suddenly playing in the Championship? How many chances they have to actually not end up in last position?)

Finished my 1st season last night, managed to keep hold of my best players even though a couple handed transfer requests in. Brought a few new players team is starting to look alright. Promotion looks like a realistic aim although ive lost my first 2 games one of which a 6-1 drumming from Swansea.. Ouch.

Just need my new players to gel I think and I'll be back on track

Was getting spanked last night on top player so moved down to professional but found the CPU defenders give you too much space in their box to shoot so gonna move it back up to top player.

Has anyone else who started with the defaults noticed how they don't move into any space and just stand still even my new signings (ss and cf) do it and they are the worst. They stay in the same position all game without moving, really annoying anyone know why this is?

If you're talking about the default player with awful stats then yeah, off the ball movement is also stat related. Players with poor teamwork stats, and poor defensive/attacking stats will have poor judgement and positional play. It's what makes signing better players a joy. For example, buying a decent DMC will become immediately noticeable how much better his awareness is off the ball. He'll always be there for a tackle, always take up space for a pass etc whereas default players are like statues.

Yeah it was at the 1st half of the season where there was no movement but towards the end my better players started playing much more intelligently. Moving into space, dummy runs ect scored some amazing goals with this movement.

Now in 2nd season looks like I will need my new signings to gel before I start winning consistenly

Man this game does my head in at times but i can't seem to put down the controller.

Loving the way in which i can build up play and the fact that stats are much more relevant and pronounced with each player. Scored a goal against Real Betis playing ML with Rayo Vallacano that had me involuntarily screaming "Yeeeeeeessssss!!!" a la Alan Partridge (much to the utter bewilderment of Mrs Murphy). Just the way i picked apart the defenders with intelligent passing and movement and then had (one of the few) tap ins at the end of the move. Liquid football.

On the other hand i am getting so completely jack of having 65% possession and 20 shots per game and the AI still conjuring up 2 goals from its measley 3 shots on goal. I am using manual shooting and i am just not getting the hang of it. The trouble is i can't wean myself of it as i prefer it to assisted. Playing on professional.

Since I moved to Top Player I've had roughly equal shots to the CPU but usually they have more. I still end up on top possession wise but a lot of that is knocking it around the back and I've been surprised to see the stats after a game. I honestly thought I'd been outpossessed in some matches - which is good. It's not the number that matters, but the feeling during a game that the AI isn't just turning the ball over quickly all the time.

Man this game does my head in at times but i can't seem to put down the controller.

Loving the way in which i can build up play and the fact that stats are much more relevant and pronounced with each player. Scored a goal against Real Betis playing ML with Rayo Vallacano that had me involuntarily screaming "Yeeeeeeessssss!!!" a la Alan Partridge (much to the utter bewilderment of Mrs Murphy). Just the way i picked apart the defenders with intelligent passing and movement and then had (one of the few) tap ins at the end of the move. Liquid football.

On the other hand i am getting so completely jack of having 65% possession and 20 shots per game and the AI still conjuring up 2 goals from its measley 3 shots on goal. I am using manual shooting and i am just not getting the hang of it. The trouble is i can't wean myself of it as i prefer it to assisted. Playing on professional.

Tried manual as well but really can't get it right. Normal shooting + 0 passing feels good enough for me :)

I've started with the ML defaults, as AS Monaco in D2, as they're a bit of an international bunch themselves and are in Ligue 2. I have my own unique stadium with the Stade Louis II, as well. Nice.

I'm a little sad to see the familiars are gone, Castello, Burchet, Ettori etc, but then i guess this proves a fresh start in learning your squad.
So anyway, bit of a tumultuous start to the season! I'm two league games in and one of my first choice CBs is out injured for 18 weeks. Immediately following this, my main DMF and captain, Coynborough is also now injured for 38 weeks! Both of these i guess are training injuries, as they didn't happen in the match. A card happy ref has also seen by other first choice CB suspended for the next match. Minandinho, however has started well in his lone striker role, with three goals. I was given a pair of 'Predator' boots, which i allocated to him.

Bit of both to be honest sometimes a team will go into crack mode which can be annoying. Also if you keep rushing into tackles they will play alot more direct and open you up. Stand them up and they will be forced to pass back alot of the times, could be better though

Last edited:

Possession is more equalized on Top Player, partly due to the cpu press, partly to their better buildup. However, the strikers become stone cold killers.

Bit of both to be honest sometimes a team will go into crack mode which can be annoying. Also if you keep rushing into tackles they will play alot more direct and open you up. Stand them up and they will be forced to pass back alot of the times, could be better though

True, the cpu seems to like the through ball too. I miss the PS2 days when i could simply put defensive/offensive arrows on my players. When i had a 4-5-1 with all players having defensive arrows, i was difficult to get through. These days feel the cpu just sends your defenders way up the pitch against your wishes.

Quick question. How do i get my player to keep running, when coming onto a through ball/pass? Often he'll slow when he makes contact. Its really annoying.
Alternatively and i saw a vid of it here earlier, how do i get a player to let the ball go past him but as he does he turns and continues to follow it and then dribbles with it? I'd ;ike to get a bit more flowing movements going on.

Last edited:
Monaco won their first round Coupe de France match last night, which means i get a shot at a Ligue 1 side in the next round (vs. Saint Etienne).

Of the new default ML players, CB Richard Harty is catching my eye. I like to aim for him from corners. He'll often get his head on it after losing his man or just challenging for it. He scored a great header at the near post, headed down into the ground/goal after peeling away from his marker (as in me controlling him in the box, after selecting him).

18gii3.jpg

Just lost this game in my ML save, 2 diving headers and another in which my fullback decided to step up of his own free will and leave a Valencia player entirely unmarked. (Wasn't even playing the offside trap). It's impossible to deal with the CPU mega reaction times, 99% shot accuracy sometimes and games like this happen.

I anticipate a controller shaped dent in my wall at some point in the near future with this game.

Having very mixed fortunes with my save, beating Real Madrid 1-0 Away, losing 6-0 to Barca at Home, currently sat just outside the Europa league places just over half way through the season. Not enjoying the experience as much as I was at the beginning, largely because I don't feel entirely in control of my fortunes.

Last edited:
Monaco won their first round Coupe de France match last night, which means i get a shot at a Ligue 1 side in the next round (vs. Saint Etienne).

Of the new default ML players, CB Richard Harty is catching my eye. I like to aim for him from corners. He'll often get his head on it after losing his man or just challenging for it. He scored a great header at the near post, headed down into the ground/goal after peeling away from his marker (as in me controlling him in the box, after selecting him).

Harty is my reserves never gets a game for me, might have to give him a 2nd chance. Gellazca is the best default player in my ml rated 75 now with 92 ball control and pass stats in the 80's his the only default I want to keep.

Yesterday i started a ML with Stade Reims. I only played one friendly match against PAOK, so normally there isn't much to tell yet.
Except that i scored what is perhaps the best goal i ever made in PES. Reims took the lead after Signorino headed a corner in goal (which was already something special, since i can't get the hang of headers) and PAOK equalised with a counter. In the second half i replaced CF Fauvergue (i know him from his Lille days, and don't like him very much) with another CF with a Moroccan sounding name and then something special happened.
The substitution happened before a throw-in and my new CF (he's called Balamandji, i had never heard from him) got the ball. Somehow i decided to shoot with R2 because the GK seemed far out of his goal and guess what happened? Yes, i scored from near the middle line (i'm exagerating, but it was certainly 35 metres). I was over the moon with my goal...

Maybe PES2013 is a litle bit too arcadey (a litle bit too attack-orientated) but the satisfaction you get from scoring goals is massive...i've already scored a few fantastic goals. This game has so much potential. Perhaps this has been as good as it can get, but it was very good and something tells me that the best is yet to come.

Harty is my reserves never gets a game for me, might have to give him a 2nd chance. Gellazca is the best default player in my ml rated 75 now with 92 ball control and pass stats in the 80's his the only default I want to keep.

R. Harty is in my starting XI. He just seems quite solid at the back, always heading clear. I guess that's the thing, we all find different players we bond with. I love it when a defender scores too. Out of interest, who are your starting CBs?

What about this auto-save thing? Is it the same as that "cheat prevention" thing they had? In which the game would record a 3-0 loss to your team if you abandon a match?
If it is, is it really something you can't turn off?

That would be a big issue for me when living in Brazil. Where I lived there was a time of the year when we have horrible thunder storms there and the power goes down at times. I remember playing during one of those storms and I was leading 2-0 when the power went off. As a result, 0-3 loss. It was infuriating!

R. Harty is in my starting XI. He just seems quite solid at the back, always heading clear. I guess that's the thing, we all find different players we bond with. I love it when a defender scores too. Out of interest, who are your starting CBs?

Jacomorac and Nouhei who I got from youth team now rated 87, sure a big team will come in for him soon could do with the money as well

True, the cpu seems to like the through ball too. I miss the PS2 days when i could simply put defensive/offensive arrows on my players. When i had a 4-5-1 with all players having defensive arrows, i was difficult to get through. These days feel the cpu just sends your defenders way up the pitch against your wishes.

Quick question. How do i get my player to keep running, when coming onto a through ball/pass? Often he'll slow when he makes contact. Its really annoying.
Alternatively and i saw a vid of it here earlier, how do i get a player to let the ball go past him but as he does he turns and continues to follow it and then dribbles with it? I'd ;ike to get a bit more flowing movements going on.

Holding R2 and aiming in the direction the ball is going, just as it's coming to you, will do this (if I'm correctly understanding what you mean!)

Holding R2 just before the ball get's to you (and aiming in the direction the ball is going) and letting it go as the ball is near you.
It's quit difficult to explain, if you don't time it accurately you turn with the ball in the direction the ball was going. The last years the R2 button is the most important in PES IMO...

18gii3.jpg

Just lost this game in my ML save, 2 diving headers and another in which my fullback decided to step up of his own free will and leave a Valencia player entirely unmarked. (Wasn't even playing the offside trap). It's impossible to deal with the CPU mega reaction times, 99% shot accuracy sometimes and games like this happen.

I anticipate a controller shaped dent in my wall at some point in the near future with this game.

Having very mixed fortunes with my save, beating Real Madrid 1-0 Away, losing 6-0 to Barca at Home, currently sat just outside the Europa league places just over half way through the season. Not enjoying the experience as much as I was at the beginning, largely because I don't feel entirely in control of my fortunes.

Mate, if you ask me, i say it happens both ways:

Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo.jpg

A hat trick from Minandinho and the 4th shot hit the post as well :P

I am the only who cant score from crosses and corners? In the middle of ML first season and only scored 1 corner goal (with my gk). Manual crossing is a pain in the ass btw, never got it right

Downloaded an option file (MOEM or something like that, very good OF).

Ready to start with my team, think I'll start in the Portugese League.

Just undecided whether to start with edited players or the ML Default.

FD

I've been playing two different ML campaigns. One with a lower side, Newcastle and the other with a more dominant team in Real Madrid.

I will be continuing this series all through the season so be sure to stay tuned if you find them interesting!

The rest of the videos can be found on my channel but i dont want to spam the thread with videos so here are a few games.

YouTube - [TTB] PES 2013 Arsenal Vs Real Madrid - Playthrough Commentary, ML Champions League Game 1!

YouTube - [TTB] PES 2013 Southampton Vs Newcastle Utd - Playthrough Commentary, Master League Game 1

Back
Top Bottom