One of the worst games ever released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be more accurate to say PES is like Steven Hawking. Very clever, but crippled. Releasing a game that says "online play" and then not letting people play online is a crime, literally. And slowdown on a next-gen console should be a crime as well, the TV you have shouldn't make a difference to a computer game you play.

Whereas FIFA is like your favourite band that nobody's ever heard of (Nine Black Alps in my case). Nobody gives it a fair chance and calls it shit, apart from a few who can be arsed trying something different from the norm. And although it's not as polished as the stuff from the other bands, if you have an open mind, you will be rewarded.

FIFA is more like some annoying boy-band that have for years been releasing crap pop tunes that are snapped up by 12 year old girls, but this year, they put together an album on a par with Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Everyone remembers the cheap pop tunes they churned out so many people are unwilling to entertain the possibility that they could possibly write any good music.

PES is more like the Beatles but have run out of ideas and have been releasing 2 or 3 very similar, bad albums in a row. Everyone remembers all their great albums and have been brain-washed into thinking that anything they release is quality, claiming that their new cover-version of "The Birdie Song" is the best song ever.

Have you even played fifa 08 next gen? Clearly you havn't. You can do about 6 differnt types of shots. Why must you all defend PES? Its gone shite, this is coming from again, a life long PES fan.

I don't get it. Why keep on comparing FIFA to PES? PES, even on it's own. is a poor, half-arsed next gen attempt. The only really new thing about PES I have heard this year is TeamVision. You people can defend PES, but the bottomline is Konami are robbing us every year. Every bloody game, they will take out some features, for no reason, yet they will keep on adding animal heads, and penguin suits. Talking about gameplay, it has gone stale. Same old CPU cheats, same old 8 directional digital movement, same old rails. They haven't bothered to make the gameplay next gen. I don't get me started on slowdowns on a next gen console. Again, like every other criticism for PES, this is coming from a huge WE fan. People need to take off their Konami tinted glasses. It might be the best football game out there, but it's still not a great game. Nowhere close.....

bbbx

next gen = better graphics and gameplay in which it delivers ….
*********it seems rushed a lot of minor things have been fucked up and I find that offensive!! It spoils it for me and many others.********

You even said it……MINOR…… and the minor faults (your opinion) don’t even come to play during gameplay!!!! Argh!

Honestly play great football and you will not mind any of the faults.
Fifa has evolved greatly (I agree)due to the fact they were shi1t for so many years lol
Things being taken out and added mean nothing!!!! Your discussing pro with your friends, is this what you talk about and get upset about …not the skill the goals the outrageous own goal etc … no its stuff that isn’t even relevant to playing football so it shows your whining like a little girl.

Actually bbbx ive just came to your mindset your upset that a football game doesn’t offer more…..the points your moaning about have nothing to do with putting the ball in the back of the net/defend/build play… isn’t that what football is about… and there is no one out there better at achieving this than pro get in there son

every shot in FIFA is a beckam curler, no straight powerful shots
Listen mate, if you want to hate a game that's up to you, but what you're saying there simply isn't true. I play online and score plenty of straight booming shots ala Gerrard.

Feel free to tell me I'm lying but I've played the game for a month solid, how long did you play the demo for? A day? Five minutes? Did you even play the demo? If not, please don't spout endless crap.

bbbx

next gen = better graphics and gameplay in which it delivers ….
*********it seems rushed a lot of minor things have been fucked up and I find that offensive!! It spoils it for me and many others.********

You even said it……MINOR…… and the minor faults (your opinion) don’t even come to play during gameplay!!!! Argh!

Honestly play great football and you will not mind any of the faults.
Fifa has evolved greatly (I agree)due to the fact they were shi1t for so many years lol
Things being taken out and added mean nothing!!!! Your discussing pro with your friends, is this what you talk about and get upset about …not the skill the goals the outrageous own goal etc … no its stuff that isn’t even relevant to playing football so it shows your whining like a little girl.

The minor things in games make a big difference!!! it what makes a good game into a great game in my opinion. The little things that others miss out.

There is nothing to make the game great. It is a decent football game - it always has been.

Game play is a big factor and is very important - but with it being a next gen game - a lot more was expected and should have been delivered.

You mock past incarnations of Fifa like it is going to hurt me. I hated Fifa - I would have never touched it with a barge pole because previous games were shit. But this years Fifa has grown and is more than a match for Pro Evo.

Anyway this is the last time I post in this bit - when people start saying things like you are moaning 'like a little Girl' Then I start to realise I am talking to a moron.

Each to their own - play PES I don't care really. But just think what a game it could have been - instead of just accepting what it is and what it has been for the last couple of years.

As long as people are enjoying themselves thats all that matters :)

Last edited:
the points your moaning about have nothing to do with putting the ball in the back of the net/defend/build play… isn’t that what football is about… and there is no one out there better at achieving this than pro get in there son

Yes indeed football is about putting the ball in the back of the net/defend/build play...
A football VIDEOGAME however is about attempting to bring about a complete, comprehensive, realistic, immersive simulation of that experience that encompasses world football at the club and international level in as detailed and precise a manner as research, licensing and technology allow with as few bugs and issues as possible to detract from that experience.
In this regard PES 2008 fails miserably.

If you're happy to just kick a ball about with no concern for any other aspect of that experience - realistic and accurate team names, leagues, lineups, sponsors, kits, boots, balls, followers, commentators, etc., then good for you...but all these other things that you claim have nothing to do with football are indeed a huge part of the game for many of us. We are passionate about EVERYTHING having to do with football and we simply want a videogame that understands and reflects that passion.

As I said you may be fine with Konami's half-arsed effort for this release but there are many once devoted WE/PES players here who see now that clearly they've lost the plot. Pity that.

Last edited:
Listen mate, if you want to hate a game that's up to you, but what you're saying there simply isn't true. I play online and score plenty of straight booming shots ala Gerrard.

Feel free to tell me I'm lying but I've played the game for a month solid, how long did you play the demo for? A day? Five minutes? Did you even play the demo? If not, please don't spout endless crap.

if you took the time to read my posts, youd find that i bought FIFA on relase day and played it solid until PES release day, FIFA feels nowt like footy, PRO is as close as youll get, and yes, i will feel fre to hate FIFA, cause its an awful, awful incarnation of the beautiful game, you could easily beat barca 6-0 controlling yeovil town, thats realism eh?\\:o/

Finding a bit difficult to believe any FIFA since 1995 is better than the current one too, looking at that graph. And ISSPE2 was a zillion times better than FIFA 2001, which was utter crap.
I agree with this post 100% ISSPE2 was legendary and FIFA 01 was rubbish. I can remember having FIFA 01 on the PC and thinking "This is awful!" Yet me and four of my mates used to love getting together and having a bash on ISSPE2 :)

if you took the time to read my posts, youd find that i bought FIFA on relase day and played it solid until PES release day, FIFA feels nowt like footy, PRO is as close as youll get, and yes, i will feel fre to hate FIFA, cause its an awful, awful incarnation of the beautiful game, you could easily beat barca 6-0 controlling yeovil town, thats realism eh?\\:o/
Mate I play FIFA on high levels and I NEVER beat teams 6-0 etc... especially not DECENT teams I find them mega hard to beat (as you should). PES this year feels like PES Arcade. They have seriously gone backwards. Also the likes of JB,Cammey,CW and several others including myself have been fans of this game for years and we have bought every release goin... hell I even imported Winning Eleven 10 last year. We are disappointed with the lack of change, same problems that have been in the game since ISS Pro Evo 1. Its about time Konami moved with the times. The sort of power they have in Consoles and PC's these days means surely they can make a decent fist of it?

You have obviously been playing a different Fifa - Did you play as yeovil on Legendery and on all Manual attributes? I doubt that you beat them 6-0.

You have obviously played it on a very easy level and all assisted? I do find it very hard that you have actually played Fifa properly - because Fifa is many things, but Easy it Isn't.

You have obviously been playing a different Fifa - Did you play as yeovil on Legendery and on all Manual attributes? I doubt that you beat them 6-0.

You have obviously played it on a very easy level and all assisted? I do find it very hard that you have actually played Fifa properly - because Fifa is many things, but Easy it Isn't.

we could be here all night so ill say my final peace, you play your crap and il play mine, but we all know whos crap is better eh? eh?:applause:

FIFA is more like some annoying boy-band that have for years been releasing crap pop tunes that are snapped up by 12 year old girls, but this year, they put together an album on a par with Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Everyone remembers the cheap pop tunes they churned out so many people are unwilling to entertain the possibility that they could possibly write any good music.

PES is more like the Beatles but have run out of ideas and have been releasing 2 or 3 very similar, bad albums in a row. Everyone remembers all their great albums and have been brain-washed into thinking that anything they release is quality, claiming that their new cover-version of "The Birdie Song" is the best song ever.

hahahaha... you made my day, but that's it, mate!

bbbybx it sounds like he is playing on Amateur with everything on fully automatic :) A bit like playing PES 2008 on Amateur with its fully automatic game engine :)TeamVision? whats that all about?

It sounds like he has been playing with the fairies :D

I was starting to think - oh well at least he has played Fifa and is making his judgements on that and he just likes PES.

But with Sweeping statements like that - he really isn't worth listening to as I now know he is talking absolute bollucks and just wants an argument.

It sounds like he has been playing with the fairies :D

I was starting to think - oh well at least he has played Fifa and is making his judgements on that and he just likes PES.

But with Sweeping statements like that - he really isn't worth listening to as I now know he is talking absolute bollucks and just wants an argument.

i sounds to me like your playing with your knob:8):

why cant you accept that pro is better than FIFA, i have

hargreaves, whats your avatar all about, do you think he makes games for the fun of it, money grabber, does he re-release the same game during a summer wheres theres a major tournament? for another 40 quid?

ea arent money grabbers are they?

Another company should make a football game for 360/PS3, becaus2 surely now the time is ripe.

hargreaves, whats your avatar all about, do you think he makes games for the fun of it, money grabber, does he re-release the same game during a summer wheres theres a major tournament? for another 40 quid?

ea arent money grabbers are they?
Dude I know EA have done it before... but they have produced the goods this time around. Also mate Seriously chill out! we all have differing views on things. Just accept we dont think PES is all that and move on :)

lol half these fifa moaners havent even played the game its painfully fucking obvious, hahah go an play your beloved pro evo then if its so fucking good, why do you need to come on and constantly defend it? insecure? lmao

lol half these fifa moaners havent even played the game its painfully fucking obvious, hahah go an play your beloved pro evo then if its so fucking good, why do you need to come on and constantly defend it? insecure? lmao

I'll take a guess: Maybe it's because this is Evo-Web and not Fifa-Heaven after all?

Seriously, this is getting so annoying and will most probably lead to having no FIFA area at all soon.

Im actually shocked how bloody fast the new PES is. I played it for about an hour and felt relieved after playing it. Its like everyone is on whiz. Enjoyed it for a game or two then it just felt like same ole same ole. :( So disapointed. Put myself in the game and scored a cracker with my first touch too haha. I suppose it maybe fun tryna smash the 100 goals a season record in a league :)

This new PES is the biggest shit i have ever played, online is a disaster, framerates on Pc are desaster, gameplay over all is a disapointment! Konami things we are idiots?? they can put their game there where the sun never shines!

bad bad disapointment i used the pc online mode today for first time, its unplayeble, laging ad laging every second of the game, even the crowd lags...! by by big PES time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom