One of the worst games ever released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough mate, I'm not telling anyone they have to love FIFA, far from it. If I'm honest then I feel that we've been let down by Konami AND EA this year. I just prefer FIFA, but I'm not saying everyone else should. Each to his own.

That's why WE as PES2008 fans has to tell konami regarding this to make big improvement like FIFA2008.
Exactly how I feel.

I've requested permission to make a thread collecting all of the things in PES2008 that need fixing - not things that are personal such as "shots are too soft" or whatever, things that are factual such as "you could select kit combinations two years ago, you took that out last year but still let us change home/away kits, now you won't even let us do that".

If it's allowed (it may not be because the fanboys will stomp all over it), I'll collect everything and write a nice long letter to Konami.

Last edited:
this is the first time i've ever posted on a forum.

been a pro fan since the early days winning 11, iss to pro. over 10 years

this game on each release has been much better, player ai, ball control, skill, shooting, pressing, player movement and unpredictability. (keepers sadly not)2008 is another level.

everyone out there complaining about kits konami arent going to market there products for free and if they choose not to invest we're left with a kit minus a sponsor and badge...is that really that bad, learn to play good football and you'll find happiness in that rather than moaning about a kit. replays... are you sad enough to sit there watching the highlights played through again) if it was truely special it gets saved, the reason i believe its got a very fast frame rate is to get through it quickly, a brief oversight of what happend, pro on the wide scale is for people to compete against each other (usually tournaments with friends...in which we don't want to wait while someone watches there game highlights again...its a pointless feature with no affect on the games ture greatness.

for all you online players...complaints about the lag...how about getting the game on the official release date then play it.... they may not of been ready for this (dont quote me on this just a guess) how about complaining to konami to fix the lag... couple of weeks past ey it works... again this place is just full of moaners lol.

the bottom line is pro 2008 is amazing! i haven't compared it to fifa yet but thats not the point. all you people bad mouthing pro and the points you are making its ridiculas... to think i came on this site on friday to get a feel for what the new pro is going to be like....after reading these post i thought "is this the year i buy fifa" thankfully i didnt and i'm more than happy with this edition of pro ( don't take any notice from all these sad, pathetic, obviously no talent at playing pro evo and go play fifa i'm sure you'll love the immaculate kits ad great commentry..o and the gameplay

added point - ok its faster but you know what, you control at what pace the game is played. if you played against one of my mates you'd see the game can be slow - its just how you play. your style.

Last edited:
Don't you think this series is too fast on gameplay?

I like the way konami change the long ball system. It looks real. The other hand, Konami change the speed of gameplay... It's too fast.

I guess this is the majority that people mention. I'm talking about gameplay here. I just want konami don't tweak anything that already nice in terms of gameplay.

The speed makes the gameplay abit unrealistic on PES2008

XXXXXDDDDD

This thread is hilarious!

I can't believe how many people are coming out and saying how shit the game is. It was a decent thread at the start but then everyone starting saying to themselves "I'll jump on the band wagon and be cool by saying the game is shit!" Get your own opinion people...

What did you all expect from this game? Did you expect next gen to mean that it felt like you were taking the free kick yourself or what? Its a hell of alot better than PES6 and there have been significant improvements overall. Anyone who honestly believes that FIFA is better should really get their head examined...and come on now...one of the worst games ever released??

HHAAHAAHAAAA

i know mate, pro evo2008 is the best football game ive played to date, i owned fifa 08 for a month and it was truly terrible, its like madame tausaudds for footballers, one guy, jack bauer makes a few good points which need adressed, but those things dont make pes a bad game, far less " the worst game evr released " the rest of the FIFA bandwagon have jumped on board and slated it, i dont give a rats about authentic teams, pro plays like teams do

for all you online players...complaints about the lag...how about getting the game on the official release date then play it.... they may not of been ready for this (dont quote me on this just a guess) how about complaining to konami to fix the lag... couple of weeks past ey it works... again this place is just full of moaners lol.

what are you talking about? its not like konami has servers set up for you to play the game! Its peer to peer right?

IE shit netcode. if its "servers" then why are they releasing a patch?

Some of the posts in this thread are fucking hilarious.

Why the fuck can you NOT like a game without some twat coming in and saying WHAT? YOUR FULL OF SHITE THE GAME IS AMAZING!
It REEKS of DENIAL.

I havent played pes2008, only the demo and I have read enough posts from people who I have talked with and listend to for years - (I respect their opinion even though I may not agree with it all the time) - to know that I wont be buying it this year. this is the first time since 1994 a Konami footy game wont be in my console of choice....and that is the god's honest truth. I'll admit it, last year when FIFA 07 came out I didnt buy that, I was a sucker fan boy quite content with PES6. I was hoping people would be raving about the game this year, but there are more people complaining than ever :( If you truly, TRULY like it and have given fifa08 a good go then fair enough, enjoy your game. If your lying to yourself like I was last year then, theres nothing wrong with change, an open mind is a good thing to have.

Last edited:
Ive owned every one since the first ISS for the playstation a lot of people here are in denial face the facts.

The editor is useless this year OK I can live with that and the graphics but what kills this game is the speed its ridiculous! It could be fixed if all the players acceleration, speed and passing speeds where turned down by about 10 points a massive job. Had it been slower it would have been great but as it is its an arcade game. I would prefer it to be more realistic. I just hope and pray someone will do a new option file with the speeds reduced.

Jabmaster21,

Welcome to the Forum m8, my view is that the game is different enought to warrant another 12 months of my life, however the point I was making and hope that Jack is given permission to undertake is the the facts of items they have removed that would make it better, thats what we want with each realease surely or we would all still be playing the SNES or PS1 version.

If I look at this version they have fixed a few of my massive niggles the invisble wall every keeper had when the ball is in the air, the stupid stumble when tackled which allowed the playerthan was on the floor to slide get up and take the ball whilst I do a circle on the spot etc.

However there are a few items that different versions have left out which in next gen terms is poor so I would like Konami and Seabass to think about them..Let me give you four off the top of myhead than I hope you would back up to an extent (well three of them)

1. Throw Ins...Since PES3 we have been limited to the standard throw in, play PES3 and have a look at what we did have previously.

2. Master League Kit Selection - Now its removed I have colour clashes galore.

3. Edit facility - I am not one of those people who spends hours editing but I credit the ones who do and whosework I then use, it does make a difference and to answer your question about repays, no Idont watch them unless I am playing two player and want to rub it in.. but apart from this season seeing newcastle in a kit that resembled them made a difference to my enjoyment.

4. Scenario and Training exercises - was in PES6 but left out on this version.

I would have also liked to keep track of memorialmatches on my PS3 as my mate plays me most of the time at home and it was a great way of keeping track of all the games we played..PS2 had it ...

So thats three which have been there before so its notlike I am asking for 360 movement which a lot of people want to push on the genre and we have all wanted a five a side version indoors etc...how cool would that be..would you not at least enjoy that

p.s I really dont want dragon and lizard heads back...LOL!

My theory on subject:

Japanese game developers have become shite. Honestly.

Think back to a few years ago. All your favourite, ground breaking games were made by japanese devs. Think Konami, Capcom, SNK, Polyphony, Namco...etc. All these companies used to make really great games.

However I can't quite put my finger on when the slide started... but it seems recently all the groundbreaking games have been done by Europeans or Americans. Think Forza2, GTR2, Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty. These games have innovated and embraced the web. Forza and Halo allow uploading pics and videos for sharing either online or with your friends list, for example...

Now think, what was the last japanese made game that was really groundbreaking?

Its almost as if they don't use the internet in Japan. WTF?

Seabass is a genius.
FIFA 08 was a good try, but Seabass IS football, this is clear.
Arcade? pah.
Play the game like a maestro conducting the music of football, and the pad becomes a magic wand, the pitch a canvas, YOUR canvas.
The game caters for fast attacking players.
Slow build up players.
Counter attacking players.
Tricksters, etc, the choice is yours.

PES2008.
your style.
your canvas.
your game.

this game on each release has been much better, player ai, ball control, skill, shooting, pressing, player movement and unpredictability. (keepers sadly not)2008 is another level.

everyone out there complaining about kits konami arent going to market there products for free and if they choose not to invest we're left with a kit minus a sponsor and badge...is that really that bad, learn to play good football and you'll find happiness in that rather than moaning about a kit. replays... are you sad enough to sit there watching the highlights played through again) if it was truely special it gets saved, the reason i believe its got a very fast frame rate is to get through it quickly, a brief oversight of what happend, pro on the wide scale is for people to compete against each other (usually tournaments with friends...in which we don't want to wait while someone watches there game highlights again...its a pointless feature with no affect on the games ture greatness.

the bottom line is pro 2008 is amazing! i haven't compared it to fifa yet but thats not the point. all you people bad mouthing pro and the points you are making its ridiculas... to think i came on this site on friday to get a feel for what the new pro is going to be like....after reading these post i thought "is this the year i buy fifa" thankfully i didnt and i'm more than happy with this edition of pro ( don't take any notice from all these sad, pathetic, obviously no talent at playing pro evo and go play fifa i'm sure you'll love the immaculate kits ad great commentry..o and the gameplay

added point - ok its faster but you know what, you control at what pace the game is played. if you played against one of my mates you'd see the game can be slow - its just how you play. your style.

quoted for absolute truth

The point is mate - we are shelling out £40. The gameplay is good fair enough - PES has been good for years. The fact is its a half arsed attempt - they remove things - why?! its next Gen, they should keep the stuff obviously people like and grow with that.

It is a joke that the game still has evolution in its title. They have fucked up on so many of the little things that make the game special and stand out.

I for one have also had all the Iss and Pro evo - I loved them. It has come to a point now where people are buying it and sticking up for the game. You say about replays and online?

If you pay £40 for a next gen game - then you expect the basics. We shouldn't have to moan about this stuff. They should have fixed it!! and you shouldn't be defending it.

If they got all the little things right then we could just concentrate on the gameplay - but all the other stuff leaves a bad taste in the mouth and taints our opinions.

For me if it didn't have the Pro Evo name it wouldn't sell. Its like old rockers releasing new stuff like Paul Mcartney. If he released that shit as a new artist - he would be on the Doll right now. People just buy his stuff because of who he used to be. He has Fans everywhere that will buy anything he releases.

This is what Pro Evo is getting like - what used to be ground breaking and a great game is turning into mediocrity - but people still defend it and buy it, so it will not progress.

ProEvo is Paul Mcartney :)

The point is mate - we are shelling out £40. The gameplay is good fair enough - PES has been good for years. The fact is its a half arsed attempt - they remove things - why?! its next Gen, they should keep the stuff obviously people like and grow with that.

It is a joke that the game still has evolution in its title. They have fucked up on so many of the little things that make the game special and stand out.

I for one have also had all the Iss and Pro evo - I loved them. It has come to a point now where people are buying it and sticking up for the game. You say about replays and online?

If you pay £40 for a next gen game - then you expect the basics. We shouldn't have to moan about this stuff. They should have fixed it!! and you shouldn't be defending it.

If they got all the little things right then we could just concentrate on the gameplay - but all the other stuff leaves a bad taste in the mouth and taints our opinions.

For me if it didn't have the Pro Evo name it wouldn't sell. Its like old rockers releasing new stuff like Paul Mcartney. If he released that shit as a new artist - he would be on the Doll right now. People just buy his stuff because of who he used to be. He has Fans everywhere that will buy anything he releases.

This is what Pro Evo is getting like - what used to be ground breaking and a great game is turning into mediocrity - but people still defend it and buy it, so it will not progress.

ProEvo is Paul Mcartney :)

totaly agree with u

god i hate the referees. they shell out yellow cards for absoloutley nothing. I had three sending offs in one match (i.e. double bookings) for clipping the player - he didnt fall down, he kept going and it was in the middle of the pitch.

other side of the pitch however, the last defender brings me down in a clumsy tackle and escapes with only a foul.

This.game.is.fair.

i was enjoying fifa a lot before this turd was delivered to my door. currently im still in "OMGZ A NEW PES" mode. I give it about another week before im back playing fifa.

I think it would be more accurate to say PES is like Steven Hawking. Very clever, but crippled. Releasing a game that says "online play" and then not letting people play online is a crime, literally. And slowdown on a next-gen console should be a crime as well, the TV you have shouldn't make a difference to a computer game you play.

Whereas FIFA is like your favourite band that nobody's ever heard of (Nine Black Alps in my case). Nobody gives it a fair chance and calls it shit, apart from a few who can be arsed trying something different from the norm. And although it's not as polished as the stuff from the other bands, if you have an open mind, you will be rewarded.

it's (almost) the same story every year:
first you'll notice the negative things (things that have been taken out, things that should have been improved, the gameplay feels weird). After playing a while you'll get used to the tweaked gameplay and start to find new things you'll never want to give up...

But it's a little bit different this year:
- the bugs (tearing, slowdown, online) shouldn't have made it into the final version. There's no excuse. Unfortunally in times of online connectivity it's easy to release unfinished versions, then iron out what needs fixing...
- "weird" restrictions: no league C teams in ML, missing kit selection, no badge editing, too less editing slots (which makes it unusable more or less)
- there have been high expectations of what can be done on the new hardware. Konami should have learned from the reactions after releasing a "preview" version last year...

for this reasons I can understand the huge dissapointment around. It would have been a 9.5/10 PS2 game...but it's on PS3/XBox360 now. Even peferct gameplay can't iron out everything that has gone wrong this time.
At least gameplay evolved again...

Whereas FIFA is like your favourite band that nobody's ever heard of (Nine Black Alps in my case). Nobody gives it a fair chance and calls it shit, apart from a few who can be arsed trying something different from the norm. And although it's not as polished as the stuff from the other bands, if you have an open mind, you will be rewarded.

I'd say FIFA is a mainstream act, such as PINK or BLACK EYED PEAS -> well made instant fun.

PES is more like RADIOHEAD, BJÖRK or any other indie band that needs time to get into it.(...and without a club/radio hit on the album ;) )

errors cannot be forseen. we learn from our mistakes, im sure a multi billion company wouldnt just be slacking off honestly... (online play)

alright stump,

throws in...c'on mate they're fine long, short, left or right what more do you want - player to make a run, (they dont in real life players are so lazy on throwings. i dont remember pe3 throwings and i no longer own the game)it would be nice to see a more appropiate player jog over and exchange the ball with whoever has it but thats needless extra work.
and you can always manually press your players to make a throw in situation depending on your location on the pitch more realistic.

i'd agree about the kit selection i loved the changing of the shorts but now it does suck - i havent experienced kit clashing as of yet but when it comes about im sure i'll be pissed too lol. this is something that does need addressing.

again i agree mate its a greater experience with the edited kits and as soon as theres a patch or whatever you call it i'll try my best to get it lol.
registered t/m arent part of pro evolution soccer ever since the early days....holland, remember them names!. but we've had people complaining!!! pro isnt about the visual experience (maybe slightly, its the gameplay) hence why all fifa players say pro is too hard! lol

scenario and training exercises....ummm mate been playing for years i dont need it, not meaning to be smug or offend you but do we really want players basically learning/ growing up/ copying the "computers" or "seabass" style of play learn from scratch yourself

i feel for you ad your memorial shit man - nothing better than knowing your the best but come on you can forgive konami for that. you could keep records yourself or create 2 new profiles and just use them for pro games with your friend then look through your game playing history and compare profiles goals, clean sheets, wins, etc. it would work.

5 a side would be a cool experience, that would be a completely different game/title/sponsors i cant see them just adding it in for fun far to much work without profit.

bbbybx fair point mate but what is up with the gameplay.PRO EVO IS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY.....nothing, well the refs are strict, solution compose your defending and learn to tackle lol!!! everything else is another level

RIPKORD AS I SAID MATE DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS I DONT PLAY ONLINE.

people are entitled to there opinion but when the opinions are of total nonesense i have to tell them what do we buy the game for ...i'll say it again.... "the game play" in which it is beautiful. not fast, not slow, no defence running to the middle of no where, realistic saves, realistic ball control.......in the previous game i thought the above points were abit iffy but now its sorted.

i've rushed this on my lunch hour so there may be mistakes / sentences making no sense lol.

bbbybx fair point mate but what is up with the gameplay.PRO EVO IS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY.....nothing, well the refs are strict, solution compose your defending and learn to tackle lol!!! everything else is another level

If it was just about Gameplay then why have next gen computers - why don't we just stay stagnant with graphics etc etc.

Its not just about gameplay.

Its about the whole package.

I have a Gay friend and he said he was at a party the other night - lots of beautiful men around. There was this one man, he was amazing apparently (Men not being my Cup of tea - I took his word for it). They both seemed really into each other. Then he mustered up the courage to talk to him and he had the worst Smelling breath he has ever smelled!!

That was it for my friend - he just couldn't be near the man.

My analagy isn't about looks (Before you rant about Fifa looking good and the gameplay is shit - even though its not) Its about the whole thing being a complete package.

PES is not a complete package - it seems rushed a lot of minor things have been fucked up and I find that offensive!! It spoils it for me and many others.

I'm not saying Fifa is amazing - it has fucked up things like no playoffs in the lower leagues. The online leagues only having a multiple of 1 or 3 games played. These things are ridiculous and should not have been in Fifa.

But thats it - I sort of expect it from Fifa. PES I love and I wanted it to Evolve. Its next Gen for fucks sake. I personally feel we have been taken for a ride by Konami. When you know that the game can be so much better and then it comes out with this - it is very dissapointing.

I suppose its my fault getting so caught up in PES - thinking that with the community etc Konami could concentrate on the Gameplay - as long as they listen to the fans the people that spend a fortune on their games, then it shouldn't be a problem.

But they have taken the piss - they need to do something better than this.

They need to listen to the people that buy and love their game.

What ever you say about Fifa - they have listened and they have evolved greatly. The things above I mentioned about Fifa - I am more or less satisfied that they will be fixed next time.

But with PES I don;t know what will be taken out and added - and why the fuck things have been taken out or added. Its ridiculous.

So Before I spend £40 on a next Gen title - it is not just about Gameplay - its about Games producers treating gamers with respect and I feel like Konami have just pissed all over me!!

But thats it ,LOL, my arse thats it, how about tye fact that it feels nowt like football and it doesnt matter if your neville or ronaldinho, they are all the same generic person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom