One of the worst games ever released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
moan moan moan lol. i agree with the criticism of the frame drops etc, but fortunately i suffer from none of it with everything on and in 1080p. it plays like a dream. real pesfans deserve better tho from a game which should run like a dream given technology. poor, konami, again. and online is shite like last year and it never improved much. we are watching you

yeah konami dont release the same game every year, thas true, its cus they take things off it every year, i have the game before people start saying im anti pes, ive said before and i will say again, ive been playing pes for years and used to hate fifa, if people like playing football like pinball and with as many licenses as an illegal rave then its there choice, i beat someone 7-1 online last night in my first ever game online, and he had played bout 70 games lol

I'll take a guess: Maybe it's because this is Evo-Web and not Fifa-Heaven after all?

Seriously, this is getting so annoying and will most probably lead to having no FIFA area at all soon.

that would be the dumbest shit ever. this site has always had this argument. Now that fifa has come around some, the amount of people arguing has risen, but its always been here.

that would be the dumbest shit ever. this site has always had this argument. Now that fifa has come around some, the amount of people arguing has risen, but its always been here.

"The dumbest shit ever" is what is going on here for several weeks now. It's never been like that before and it's no fun at all from a perspective of someone who's in charge. People get constantly winded up by this crap, especially since we gave the FIFA supporters room to thrive (and don't get me wrong here, I really do like FIFA 08). There's still hoping it's gonna work out just fine in the long run but, honestly, right now it's only one thing: Repeatedly annoying.

jonestm - ok I have been banging on about this. Do you read PESFAN at all - one hell of a lot of people feel the same way. So can we agree perhaps that:

1) In general we both hold in high regard PES and want to see it really develop

2) That this years effort is less than perfect

3) What can we both as individuals and as a community and mostly importantly customers do to try to influence Konami in a positive way?

4) What is/should be the future direction for PES?

It just might be an interesting debate to have.

Last edited:
Well after the period of negative moaning subsides in a few weeks, the only positive or constructive thing to do would be to contact Konami collectively.
Or by somehow getting their attention without aimply starting pointless negative threads which they won't read.

As for PES's new direction, I like many others preferred the simulation approach of PES5, but everyone moaned about how tough it was.
Now it's more arcadey and everyone moans.
The perfect solution is a middle ground between arcade and simulation.

This years game should never have been released with slowdown etc, that's for sure, and people should moan.
I just take issue with reading the same posts from the same person which serve no purpose.

Do you read PESFAN at all -
nope cause im perm ip banned from there site (i could change my ip but i really dont care about pesfan lol) long story short posted my pes6 ps2 option file there a week before pes6 was released

they stole it renamed it as there own an ip banned me

biggest bunch of wannabe's ever farrmark's the worst nothing but a thief who claims all the credit for himself

so i imagine the pesfan talk is the same as it always was if your a admin\ref your word is gospel an anyone who has better ideas or opinions then then are fifa fanbois :lmao:

there's a reason pesfan staff never recived promo copys of pes2008 on xbox 360 , pes3 or ps2 ;) an had to resort to playing copied versions of the promo on a modified 360

if i was in charge of handing out limited promo copy's i wouldnt give any to fucktards either \\:o/

you could easily beat barca 6-0 controlling yeovil town, thats realism eh?\\:o/

please. please.

video yourself doing that (on at least world class difficulty)

i would love to see you try:roll:
-

Oh, and has anyone compared the Fifa and PES forums? there seems to be significantlly less complaints about fifa on their board, than there is about PES on the PES forums.

Thats your debate over.

Last edited:
please. please.

video yourself doing that (on at least world class difficulty)

i would love to see you try:roll:
-

Oh, and has anyone compared the Fifa and PES forums? there seems to be significantlly less complaints about fifa on their board, than there is about PES on the PES forums.

Thats your debate over.

i dont go on fifa forums, too many spotty 12 years olds with OMGZ, i scored from 300 yards with a ronaldinho scissor kick

lol, well from what ive seen on youtube and posts on various forums, its PES who has the "score from the half way line" bug this year

have you tried it? im at work but i'd love to know if anyone on here has managed to do it and how easy it is.

let the online cheating commence??

Hands up if you love new menus!!!! Turgid "Lift Music"!!! Players names in Capital Letters!!!

Then Pro Evolution 2008 is the game for you!

Essentially Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on the PS2 is exactly the same as Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the PS2. The game mechanics are exactly the same, and they were pretty fantastic before, but that doesn't justify Konami slapping a glorified paint job on PES6 and charging £30 for it.

So what do you get for your ca$h:

Gone is the repetetive International Challenge (a.k.a. World Cup Qualifying), replaced by the equally turgid World Tour mode.

Rooney has freckles! But Ronaldinho, Terry and Totti (now ginger?!?) are unconvicing and there seems to have been little effort to widen coverage, with sides like AS Roma (my team, you'll be hearing more about them later)still only boasting a handful of face captured players.

More rubbish teams! That's right now when setting up Master League, instead of leaving out the likes of Kobenhavn, you can now leave out HJK Helsinki, Dinamo Zagreb and more Swedish teams than you can shake an IKEA catalogue at. A cheap attempt by Konami to boost their marketablility in other nations.

Master League now features a pointless "popularity" rating, which luckily reveals the startling news that teams and players who are better than yours are...erm...more popular. Apart from that its the same as it has been for a million years. Seriously to all you cavemen out there, Minanda is still playing behind the front two, and he's still one paced.

Have I mentioned the lift music? There's like a million tracks.

Diving! Shirtpulling! Oh, not in the PS2 version, my bad!

Kits actually look worse than before. Roma's keeper kit is bizarrely inaccurate, not only have Konami gone for the third choice kit, they have got the colour wrong.

Club badges resemble a splodge of paint and the default English kits are offensively lazy, all the kits are the same pattern in different colours. The kit editor uses the exact same patterns as before, so gone are the days when Konami sneaked in official kits by overlapping other designs.

No seriously the lift music. It's got all different genres and everything, and you can pick which ones you listen to while you change every English clubs name for the millionth year in a row. I mean if you don't have a stereo or, y'know, taste.

Different commentators, same phrases repeated over and over.

NEWSFLASH: Apart from a few Werder Bremen players PES Shop is EXACTLY the same. The same Brazil '94 goal celebration, dog heads and penguin costumes.

Take it from a PES Veteran. This game ain't worth a dime, in fact its a insult to the intelligence of consumers and a great advert for FIFA. Unless you're a massive HJK Helsinki fan that is.

Oh and btw...the lift music!!! My mind genuinly boggles at how they found so much spectacularly bad lift music.

found this on amazon uk

And this has to do with the xbox 360 version in what way?
Hey, he could have done what most people do and post it in three different forums, which is more annoying than picking one console forum to post it in...

Anyway, guys, if you genuinely have a problem with the game and you want it to go into a big letter of complaint to Konami, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD. People are getting pissed off with reading the same posts in ten different threads, so this way the complaints can make a diffrence rather than just getting on people's nerves. It's for the good of the forum and for the good of the game.

I'll leave this thread open for now as I've only been a mod for a few days and I don't want to overstep any boundaries, but I would like to think the above thread will help concentrate the bitching in one place, eliminating the need for this thread and making the forum a happy place full of rainbows and bunnies for all.

Cheers lads.

Hey, he could have done what most people do and post it in three different forums, which is more annoying than picking one console forum to post it in...

Anyway, guys, if you genuinely have a problem with the game and you want it to go into a big letter of complaint to Konami, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD. People are getting pissed off with reading the same posts in ten different threads, so this way the complaints can make a diffrence rather than just getting on people's nerves. It's for the good of the forum and for the good of the game.

I'll leave this thread open for now as I've only been a mod for a few days and I don't want to overstep any boundaries, but I would like to think the above thread will help concentrate the bitching in one place, eliminating the need for this thread and making the forum a happy place full of rainbows and bunnies for all.

Cheers lads.

Says the man who posts the same arguments in 52 threads...
Well Chris congratulations, you're a mod...fantastic....and a couple of weeks ago when i asked you to help me and do something against the continuous bickering on this forum...you refused. I'm sure you will be a hell of a mod.
A suggestion perhaps: do something about the provocative signatures quite a few of the so-called hardcore gamers are using...

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Kez every day (remember "Sieg Heil" Chris???? well you're one of them now i wonder what you would think about similarly comments now.... a very, very disappointed person...

Hands up if you love new menus!!!! Turgid "Lift Music"!!! Players names in Capital Letters!!!

Then Pro Evolution 2008 is the game for you!

Essentially Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on the PS2 is exactly the same as Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the PS2. The game mechanics are exactly the same, and they were pretty fantastic before, but that doesn't justify Konami slapping a glorified paint job on PES6 and charging £30 for it.

So what do you get for your ca$h:

Gone is the repetetive International Challenge (a.k.a. World Cup Qualifying), replaced by the equally turgid World Tour mode.

Rooney has freckles! But Ronaldinho, Terry and Totti (now ginger?!?) are unconvicing and there seems to have been little effort to widen coverage, with sides like AS Roma (my team, you'll be hearing more about them later)still only boasting a handful of face captured players.

More rubbish teams! That's right now when setting up Master League, instead of leaving out the likes of Kobenhavn, you can now leave out HJK Helsinki, Dinamo Zagreb and more Swedish teams than you can shake an IKEA catalogue at. A cheap attempt by Konami to boost their marketablility in other nations.

Master League now features a pointless "popularity" rating, which luckily reveals the startling news that teams and players who are better than yours are...erm...more popular. Apart from that its the same as it has been for a million years. Seriously to all you cavemen out there, Minanda is still playing behind the front two, and he's still one paced.

Have I mentioned the lift music? There's like a million tracks.

Diving! Shirtpulling! Oh, not in the PS2 version, my bad!

Kits actually look worse than before. Roma's keeper kit is bizarrely inaccurate, not only have Konami gone for the third choice kit, they have got the colour wrong.

Club badges resemble a splodge of paint and the default English kits are offensively lazy, all the kits are the same pattern in different colours. The kit editor uses the exact same patterns as before, so gone are the days when Konami sneaked in official kits by overlapping other designs.

No seriously the lift music. It's got all different genres and everything, and you can pick which ones you listen to while you change every English clubs name for the millionth year in a row. I mean if you don't have a stereo or, y'know, taste.

Different commentators, same phrases repeated over and over.

NEWSFLASH: Apart from a few Werder Bremen players PES Shop is EXACTLY the same. The same Brazil '94 goal celebration, dog heads and penguin costumes.

Take it from a PES Veteran. This game ain't worth a dime, in fact its a insult to the intelligence of consumers and a great advert for FIFA. Unless you're a massive HJK Helsinki fan that is.

Oh and btw...the lift music!!! My mind genuinly boggles at how they found so much spectacularly bad lift music.

found this on amazon uk

really, i would never have known all that on this site, cheers for bringing it to our attention:roll:

Says the man who posts the same arguments in 52 threads...
Well Chris congratulations, you're a mod...fantastic....and a couple of weeks ago when i asked you to help me and do something against the continuous bickering on this forum...you refused. I'm sure you will be a hell of a mod.
So I try to end it, to stop the annoyance, and do exactly what you suggested weeks ago. And you're disappointed at my efforts?

Mate, what else do you want me to do, ban everyone but you and the mods? I'm upset that I'm here trying to rid the forum of a thousand criticisms a minute, by giving everyone (including myself) a thread to make a difference in. And you make a post like that.

Seriously, I'm upset by your last post. What else can I do...

give people warnings like you did to me, deathcab has posted spam in every thread, regarding the crapness of pro evo, i retaliate and get a warning, hes been in my thread, an appreciation one of pro evo, even though he obviously hates it, leaving nothing but a laughing smiley

So I try to end it, to stop the annoyance, and do exactly what you suggested weeks ago. And you're disappointed at my efforts?

Mate, what else do you want me to do, ban everyone but you and the mods? I'm upset that I'm here trying to rid the forum of a thousand criticisms a minute, by giving everyone (including myself) a thread to make a difference in. And you make a post like that.

Seriously, I'm upset by your last post. What else can I do...

I doubt many people would listen if people are not mods.

He has been a Mod for a few days now and he seems to be making some positive steps.

I for one don't see the harm - if a specific thread is set up. Then people should debate it. If people want to keep re iterating their point then so be it. Aslong as it doesn't get nasty and personal, I don't think it is a problem.

But there are a few people on these forums, who like to wind people up and take things too far - then there is a problem.

I like JB and he puts a lot of effort into Evo Web and deserves to be a mod.

gerd you suggest that he is somewhat hypicritical or power hungry with his new status - I think thats far from the truth.

Anyway lets stop the bickering and get the happiness back.

EDIT:

The title of this thread is one of the problems why this thread went down hill - it is a silly statement and obviously put peoples backs up.

Last edited:
i came on here for some pro evo chat, i can handle people dont like it, but theres one or two people who have made it their mission to let everyone, in everythread know it

I think it's best to close this thread right now as properly modding it appears to be impossible and not worth putting time and efforts into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom