OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

I have now played lots of WE10 games and as I immediatelly noticed it, it is too easy when playing vs computer. I agree with what lots of ppl have said.
WE10 is much more arcade than WE9/PES5, it's laughable, even in 6*, with fast and good dribbling players like Henry, Hleb or Ljunberg (yes I play with Arsenal) I can do almost whatever I want. And the goalkeepers really suck, they are bad, stupid and don't know how to "hit the ball with their fists" (don't know the english expression for this), at least 2/3 goals per game are scored bcs of the horrible goalkeeping.
But for me it's not the problem bcs I almost only play vs other humans, the realy problem is that WE10 even sucks in player vs player mode!
In 6*, 10min, green arrows, the games I play have an average of at least 5 goals. I think that I am a pretty good player (been playing WE/PES since PES1) and play against other good players, don't tell me that it's bcs we don't know how to defend bcs in previous versions (WE or PES) we never scored so much goals...

I don't know if the devs really wanted to make a game that is so much more arcade for it to be more accessible for new or FIFA players and of course sell more copies... but I hope it (dribbling too easy and stupid goalkeepers) will be corected in PES6.

Already re-sold my WE10 copy, I'll keep playing PES5 on my PC until PES6, and as I said, I really hope the WE10 problems will be corrected.

Last edited:
profit90 said:
it will grow on you... play multiplayer with a mate... we10 is by far the best in the series

thats 100pct true, when i played WE10 against AI, thought it was quite easy and was thinking of switching back to PES5. Hwr we played againt a mate, that was hoorible (especially if you are like me - horrible on defence), i could not stop me mate scoring goals against me and he is terrific at zone defending, so could not find many chances at goal, i used to beat him in PES5, just lost 7 games in a row (in 2 of them, been thrashed with 4-1 and 4-2) so its all about it, we have to learn defending. WE10 is the candidate to be the best of the series, much more realism.

btw have realized that when you double tip X, while you are defending, your defender starts running back while facing towards the opponent, trying to narrow space. did anyone notice same?

Have played the game now for about a week and a half. At first playing 3 stars against the cpu I was not very impressed at how easy it was to run past people. I found 4 star much tougher even with playing with Man Utd. I think Christiano Ronaldo has been made so lifelike. He was amazing against Charlton on TV yesterday running past defenders all the time so I think it is realistic.

I like the way the computer attacks against you, yes the goalkeepers can make a few silly mistakes but that happens in real life. Multiplayer is just the best, definitely the most fun I have had in any WE or PES game. My friend beat me 5-1 in the 1st match, I beat him 4-2 in the 2nd but since then we are lucky to score 3 goals against eachother. You really have to learn how to defend it is brilliant. The speed of the game in my opinion is perfect, no catching Etoo which is the way it is when you watch him for Barcelona.

The Graphics are pretty much the same as the previous game but who honestly cares when the gameplay is this good. I still think the graphics are good though, much better than FIFA.

The International Challenge mode is brilliant, picking your squad of players from all players in your selected country. If someone isn't performing in the team, they are kicked out of the squad!

Overall, a brilliant game much more fun than the last WE9/PES5 and that was a great game. The computer attacks you which makes the single player also better. Hope you enjoy.

@eagle_eye:
Exactly what I'm saying.... they made the game much more arcade and easier so it can be accessible for more ppl.
That's good for WE/PES noobs or "average" players, but for the good players (or old fans of the WE/PES series), it's really BAD :(

Last edited:
I stand by what I said. It still doesn't play as well, and that's what i'm looking for in games tbh. The visuals are almotst a given on next gen HDTV so far.

If you're comparing PS2 graphically to 360....well, why?

After playing it a while now, I think there's something not right about
this game.
I think there are some good points, but there are too many negatives
that keep popping up.
The irritating goalies, I had Van der sar give up 3 easy goals at his
near post in a crucial game...
The defending is something I can't seem to get a hang of, the CPU
dribbles way too much.
This game has made it too easy for dribbling, less importance is
on passing.
The shooting also feels a bit strange, I can't put my finger on it.

Konami are just too lazy with certain things, the lack of realism
in ML, Int'l challenge just make it look amateurish....

But the main thing is the gameplay just does not feel right...
I don't know, but maybe i need to spend more time, but at the moment
it looks like money wasted....i think i will sell it.

You cant even larn how to defend properly as at times its just impossible. Either your slide tackle will just go through the plaer or your defender goes into auto-pilot mode.
I havent seen this much of a lazy shoddy effort from Konami on their WE games. They really have to pull their finger out of their arse and give PES6 a respectable send-off on the PS2.

mathewsss said:
After playing it a while now, I think there's something not right about
this game.
I think there are some good points, but there are too many negatives
that keep popping up.
The irritating goalies, I had Van der sar give up 3 easy goals at his
near post in a crucial game...
The defending is something I can't seem to get a hang of, the CPU
dribbles way too much.
This game has made it too easy for dribbling, less importance is
on passing.
The shooting also feels a bit strange, I can't put my finger on it.

Konami are just too lazy with certain things, the lack of realism
in ML, Int'l challenge just make it look amateurish....

But the main thing is the gameplay just does not feel right...
I don't know, but maybe i need to spend more time, but at the moment
it looks like money wasted....i think i will sell it.

goalies ! yes thats true, they save some unbelievable shots and then letting in a very easy shoot coming towards. same about shooting, was very fond of pes5 shooting dynamics, now i cant decide how much power to put, in training am making them but during a game, am making same shoot from exactly same point twice (or at least i do think htey are same) one goes in and other am sending it to orbit...

been playing for a week now, and one thing really makes me angry. when ever you score, every thing seems to slows down right when the ball cross the goal line, before it even hits the back of the net!!! does this bother anyone else? also whenever the ball goes out of bounds, the same thing happens...everything studders at that moment. it makes the experience unnatural...just a complaint...but a major flaw in this version of WE in my opinion...

suen said:
been playing for a week now, and one thing really makes me angry. when ever you score, every thing seems to slows down right when the ball cross the goal line, before it even hits the back of the net!!! does this bother anyone else? also whenever the ball goes out of bounds, the same thing happens...everything studders at that moment. it makes the experience unnatural...just a complaint...but a major flaw in this version of WE in my opinion...

the stutter bug. yes, it's real.

Sorry but the keepers are utter shit they are pish PES5 has the best ones i think and also the game is pish easy they have fucked it up yeah the animations are 100% better and the keepers hanging onto the bar(i think is very cool) the games is smother but its way to easy and the through ball are like fifa straight to the guys feet no mistakes just straight there very unrealistic pro evo 5 is way better in game play and also i like PES5's through balls there more hit and miss like real life also the refs are just as bad you do a wee slide and yellow card yeah theres more give in the shoulder tackles but the slides give yellow, yellow, red the dam offside they still haven't fixed 1mm in front of the defender and your offside.

Also the passing has been fucked PES5 you press a direction and A or X and it goes that way in this it goes to the nearest guy and its a pain in the ass you lose the ball when you shouldn't.

ie. put some ones stats as low as they go and play a match and do a through ball they are still 100% accurate dosnt mater how good your guy is they still get 100% through balls.

Fifa is getting more like pro evo 5 and WE10 is getting more like Fifa hope to hell they fix this for pro evolution soccer 6 or i will stick with pro evo 5 and just make new stadiums.

+side
better collision with players and ball, smother graphics, nicer strips and animations.

Last edited:
on my replays the screen for etc when i miss and it shows a replay it looks abit fussy, does anyone else have this problem.

Sheva07 said:
on my replays the screen for etc when i miss and it shows a replay it looks abit fussy, does anyone else have this problem.

Yeah we all have that and it does look dreadfull, so much so that on some pitches i just can't stand to watch the reply cos it just looks so pixilated which is even more exagerated by my LCD screen...It's just a shame that this is not its only fault, infact i don't enjoy this game at the moment cos of the many problems such as dodgy keepers, basketball style gameplay, stutter bug,and the fact that more emphasis is put on dribling than passing. I mean how can Jamie Carragher drible from his own half beating 4 players cutting inside the last defender and sending an unstopable thunderbolt into the top corner of the net all this against Brazil on 5* .On pevious WE/PES games i get that great achievment feeling when scoring a well worked or just fantastic goal, i just don't feel it from this version even though i have scored some great volleys and long range pile drivers and i guess this is the problem. In previous WE/PES it was about the hard work that went into scoring a goal and this seems to me about the quantity of goals. So for the moment at least it's back to JLWE9 at least i get a well ballenced game there...

Thanks spaceman am gonna try and keep playing try and get used to it more, seems like am playing fifa at the moment

Disqo said:
Erm where exactly are Ballack and Kahn? I can't seem to find em

they are no licensed so u gotta move them to Bayern from national team...

and as you know, both Kahn and Ballack's faces in national team are fake...so they look pretty weird lol

neowho2002 said:
they are no licensed so u gotta move them to Bayern from national team...

and as you know, both Kahn and Ballack's faces in national team are fake...so they look pretty weird lol
yeh i need there real faces can anyone help me out there

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

OPM said:
btw, did the quick setting option for "all attack, all defend, counter attack, wing attack" etc. dissapear?
cant find it either, is it really gone or am i too dumb to find it?
can anybody help?

I think its gone, cant find it anywhere my self. I think they tweaked the system a bit so you have to do it manually, which is kinda gay if you wanna switch ur style when ur playin with your mates, it takes too long and ruins the flow. I hope some one proves me wrong on this and knows where it can be found.

Nope it's there - in the auto settings. Go to QUICK SETTINGS and you'll find the options there.

I gotta say I really wanted to like this game, I thought it will grow on me or something. Well it didn't and I feel gigantic disappointment.

The game is too easy. Too easy to score (shot on target=goal , I mean come on this is ridiculous), too easy to dribble , it doesn't look like football to me anymore...and that pathetic AI pressing throughout the whole match (yeah they're tireless ) it's like it's crafted only for people from Japan ( which is half true , we all know how PES6 will look like ) . Gameplay change went to arcade style , it's almost as arcadeish as ISS3 or Winning Eleven Perfect Striker. I hate it, it's too mechanic.

And by the way, tell me how to actually draw a match, or better - how NOT to score a crapload of goals even if I suck and play really bad (at times)

I'm really concerned about "european" edition, it will need massive polishing.

PS. This is my first WE/PES series bash! Yaow :p

Last edited:
Nick Cave said:
anybody solved\know what all the quick settings do!!

Get the lastest frenando patch, most of the settings are kinda useless, cuz manual settings is always the best

sonyericsson666 said:
Get the lastest frenando patch, most of the settings are kinda useless, cuz manual settings is always the best

got the game patched and been playing a while but was wondering how to get all the ticks off the first menu and what all the options do.:roll:

Back
Top Bottom