OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Played the game a bit more tonight and there's many great things in there which I won't mention one by one as all I wanted to say has been pretty much said already. (the good and the bad)

But one thing that's bothering me and is a "bad" thing as far as I'm concerned is sadly now like one of the previous versions (I forget which), once you use the :l1: + :triangle: (For CHIPPED throughball), unfortunitely the player whom you're going to receive the pass with, becomes rather unresponsive and slow to react for the first 3-5 seconds! Not even super-cancel makes him responsive to your commands!!

That makes using this lobbed throughballs a big pain in the ass as it affects its overall effectiveness when you see you sent the ball but the guy who is your player who is supposed to be on receiving end is hardly "controllable or running at full speed" (he's more like jogging :roll: and you can't make him run faster either) for a while before being controllable by you and responsive (3-4 secs) and this usually makes him lose the extra yard or so that he had on the defender! (I'm playing against human by the way so it's nothing about AI cheating).

So this has made me use the "Manual" pass and even :circle: more now for chipped throughballs which isn't that easy to do! But at least when using these or ground throughballs, the player is fully responsive like he always is! Yet as soon as you use L1 + triangle, you can notice that unresponsive thing!! :/

Last edited:
yeh i feel for u PLF. niway, no one has mentioned the fact that u still cant challenge for the ball aerially ie when ball is high and keeper is going to catch it. its a 50/50 ball in real life u are entitled 2 challenge for it, yet on pes5 and now we10 u cant. One think NOKAMI u have to fix!!!
-we all know ur reading!!!!

PS.

Has anyone noticed how PLF stats have mysteriously "appeared" in the game........
seems like its been done this year as well with a few tweaks here and there. U shud copyrght em PLF.

lol yeah a few are unbelievably close again. :lol:

Anyways regarding high ball, which ones do you mean? like from crosses or similar to what I described? Cuz yeah I agree when you put chipped throughball the player who'se supposed to get on the receiving end just doesn't act sharp enough as if there's something holding him back or something.. very annoyin!

spaceman said:
Yeah we all have that and it does look dreadfull, so much so that on some pitches i just can't stand to watch the reply cos it just looks so pixilated which is even more exagerated by my LCD screen...It's just a shame that this is not its only fault, infact i don't enjoy this game at the moment cos of the many problems such as dodgy keepers, basketball style gameplay, stutter bug,and the fact that more emphasis is put on dribling than passing. I mean how can Jamie Carragher drible from his own half beating 4 players cutting inside the last defender and sending an unstopable thunderbolt into the top corner of the net all this against Brazil on 5* .On pevious WE/PES games i get that great achievment feeling when scoring a well worked or just fantastic goal, i just don't feel it from this version even though i have scored some great volleys and long range pile drivers and i guess this is the problem. In previous WE/PES it was about the hard work that went into scoring a goal and this seems to me about the quantity of goals. So for the moment at least it's back to JLWE9 at least i get a well ballenced game there...

On my standard TV using the original cables that came with the PS2, the replays are grainy. When I play on my Sony High Definition TV using the component AV cable the replays look much better. Both TVs are 4:3 aspect ratio CRTs.:)

only1ronaldo said:
I gotta say I really wanted to like this game, I thought it will grow on me or something. Well it didn't and I feel gigantic disappointment.

The game is too easy. Too easy to score (shot on target=goal , I mean come on this is ridiculous), too easy to dribble , it doesn't look like football to me anymore...and that pathetic AI pressing throughout the whole match (yeah they're tireless ) it's like it's crafted only for people from Japan ( which is half true , we all know how PES6 will look like ) . Gameplay change went to arcade style , it's almost as arcadeish as ISS3 or Winning Eleven Perfect Striker. I hate it, it's too mechanic.

And by the way, tell me how to actually draw a match, or better - how NOT to score a crapload of goals even if I suck and play really bad (at times)

I'm really concerned about "european" edition, it will need massive polishing.

PS. This is my first WE/PES series bash! Yaow :p

Great, so Konami still believe the only form of defence is to send 6 players around a pitch chasing the ball constantly without tireing. I probably won't bother with PES6 then.:roll:

This game is such a disapointment. I never thought I would say anything against WE game but....

I think we can call it a FIFA clone,I mean so many goals, so many Gattuso's on pitch (stamina vise), so many Ronaldinhos (drribling vise).

Yesterday i finnaly played with my friend (hard core player like myself) and the scores from our first two games were ,believe it or not 6:5 and 5:5 (I won on penalties lol).

I am hoping that the PES will be tweaked a LOT, but until than:

Long live WE 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully PES6 will be the stop gap, the arcadey, money pulling release before Konami can return the game to a simulation with the power of the PS3 :) I feel this might be the case, maybe they are concentrating resources on PES7

I haven't seen the stats, but hey PLF, you should give yourself another pat on the back if Konami have noticed them, the positive feedback from the die hard fans (ie evo webbers). I find it strange that they might take on-board snippets from the community, yet move away from the trademark pro-evo gameplay that has built up the community in the first place!

Either that or sue them! :D

Have you tried the game Pete?

Don't just go by what you hear from some people here or in any PES community. So far I've tried every version of game since PES3 and yet with every version I see some people who complain "dribbling is too easy or too hard", "shooting is too easy or too hard" or defending same thing... yet I never notice or dislike it myself.

In my opinion they improved all these GAMEPLAY aspects with each version including WE10 which is why despite the usual crap database of lower teams, I've now switched to it and I think if you played it too (I don't know if you have, you'd like it as well).

Basically what I'm saying is don't just go by what you read here. Almost every version I play after a while I like it and can see how much truly the (gameplay has evolved and is even more realistic now) yet almost everytime from some people I read somethings that are just opposite of what I feel and of course some that are spot on too and I've noticed myself and agree with.

Best way to know how good the game is or whatever is to play it yourself if you get a chance.

I do feel a bit disappointed about what I mentioned 2 posts above though about how the player who is running to be on the receiving end of a "chipped throughball" being "Unresponsive and unmovable to your directions" for a couple seconds after each throughball! :shock:

I find it a bit confusing too when I see nobody else confirms this or mentions it!

This has made me try to make chipped throughballs using Manual pass more often and circle which is much harder and less accurate since sometimes even a tap of circle is too much!

So this little issue is one of my few minor "pet peeves" about this game right now and one of few things that's keeping the 'gameplay' from being very nice for me personally! (although there is plenty of room for improvement as always even in things that I don't have probs with) but that goes without saying. ;)

Last edited:
I'll definately give it a go, for sure. I'm sick of PES5 (despite it being the most realistic to date), and I'll give it a good few months of gameplay. I almost enjoy nearley every new version of PES, yet my frustrations always boil down to particular things that they fail to adress every time. And from what I've read here, this is still the case.

The scripted gameplay, even super cancel can't stop the runs and passes turning out the same 99% of the time. They leave in the horrible animations, whilst adding a few minor new ones. Animations are one way to improve the 8 directional gameplay, and they don't make enough use of them. The 'improved' defensive AI usually amounts to how much longer the opposition team can contanstly press and harass you, without a depletion in stanima. I like to call it schoolboy football. They all just run to the same player and try and hack him down:lol:

And then there is the defences knack of practically defending on the goal line, for the majority of the game, no matter what team it is. The pitches need to be bigger IMO to combat this. Goalkeepers winning every 50/50 areail ball, as mentioned a few posts about.

I haven't play WE10 yet, as I got rid of my PS2 a few years back, as soon as Konami realeased PES3 on PC. More cost effective for me, as pes was the only game i played on the PS2.

I'm currently playing WE9LE, which is an improvement on PES5, but still has all of those annoying aspects mentioned above. I'm really looking foward to the next gen PES though.

I definately think every version has been an improvement. PES5 has taken the physical side of things to a new level, and the bal pysichs have seen a marked improvement. Its hard to play it realistically to enjoy it as much as it can be enjoyed, when there are several fundemental flaws in the game that prevent you from doing so.

Last edited:
PLF said:
Have you tried the game Pete?

Don't just go by what you hear from some people here or in any PES community. So far I've tried every version of game since PES3 and yet with every version I see some people who complain "dribbling is too easy or too hard", "shooting is too easy or too hard" or defending same thing... yet I never notice or dislike it myself.

In my opinion they improved all these GAMEPLAY aspects with each version including WE10 which is why despite the usual crap database of lower teams, I've now switched to it and I think if you played it too (I don't know if you have, you'd like it as well).

Basically what I'm saying is don't just go by what you read here. Almost every version I play after a while I like it and can see how much truly the (gameplay has evolved and is even more realistic now) yet almost everytime from some people I read somethings that are just opposite of what I feel and of course some that are spot on too and I've noticed myself and agree with.

Best way to know how good the game is or whatever is to play it yourself if you get a chance.

I do feel a bit disappointed about what I mentioned 2 posts above though about how the player who is running to be on the receiving end of a "chipped throughball" being "Unresponsive and unmovable to your directions" for a couple seconds after each throughball! :shock:

I find it a bit confusing too when I see nobody else confirms this or mentions it!

This has made me try to make chipped throughballs using Manual pass more often and circle which is much harder and less accurate since sometimes even a tap of circle is too much!

So this little issue is one of my few minor "pet peeves" about this game right now and one of few things that's keeping the 'gameplay' from being very nice for me personally! (although there is plenty of room for improvement as always even in things that I don't have probs with) but that goes without saying. ;)

My experience with the games so far was same as yours. I allways listened to people complain aobut every new release of WE but like you I found that every one of those releases was much better than the previous one.

But now there is something really wrong. I mean geting 10 goals per game isn't what I would call realistic. Before when I scored it was allways about braging to my friends face and messing him up, coz I knew that he would have hard time equalizing (sp). But now there is no time to that coz I know that he is going to score in a couple of next attacks.

It all went just too arcady....

Just so you know though Milan, I didn't write that post because of what you wrote. In fact I didn't even read your post fully, I just wanted to say that to Peter cuz I think it's true but it had nothing to do with your previous post if that's what you might think. ;)

As far as goals go, well I play on 10 mins right now and 6* and my results are 2-1, 1-0, the same it's always been and sometimes lot of goals but that's expected just like sometimes there is 0-0!

I also play quite a bit of multiplayer now with my brother and again we play 2 legged matches and result is usually something like 4-3 aggregate (which means over 2 games) or 3-1 so we're not scoring or conceding a lot of goals, it's all good for me in that regard so far! :)

I had a go in a video store over here. It's a lot easier than PES5. I got one game in and beat Chelsea 5-0 on 3 stars with Man Utd. I would have had more goes but there were lots of kids pestering me for a game.
Is 5 stars a big difference in difficulty because usually it's easier on 5 stars than 3 stars 'cause the cpu attacks more on 5. If there is no difference, it's not really worth me getting it as I like to play as Man Utd most of the time.

marukomu said:
I had a go in a video store over here. It's a lot easier than PES5. I got one game in and beat Chelsea 5-0 on 3 stars with Man Utd. I would have had more goes but there were lots of kids pestering me for a game.
Is 5 stars a big difference in difficulty because usually it's easier on 5 stars than 3 stars 'cause the cpu attacks more on 5. If there is no difference, it's not really worth me getting it as I like to play as Man Utd most of the time.
I don't think so.

Even in previous versions, many said 5* is easier than 6* because on 6* the cpu attacks vigorously leaving many gaps in its own defence but never was 3* (which is for almost begineers) as hard as 5*!

As for this game, well 3* on this one (We10) is a JOKE!!! It's no longer even for begineers, it's for children under 3!

I accidentally went to one match where I had forgotten to change it from 3* and it was so ridiculously easy that I just quit!! This game's 3* is like last versions' 1 or 2*!!

On 5* for me it's a good challenge so far. I play on 10 mins and I just played world cup where I scored 2 goals in 3 matches and conceded 3 so I drawn 2 and lost one and still qualified!! :mrgreen:

Of course I'm still getting used to the game so scoring and such will become easier for me as I play more but right now the results are for me super realistic!

PLF said:
I don't think so.

Even in previous versions, many said 5* is easier than 6* because on 6* the cpu attacks vigorously leaving many gaps in its own defence but never was 3* (which is for almost begineers) as hard as 5*!

As for this game, well 3* on this one (We10) is a JOKE!!! It's no longer even for begineers, it's for children under 3!

I accidentally went to one match where I had forgotten to change it from 3* and it was so ridiculously easy that I just quit!! This game's 3* is like last versions' 1 or 2*!!

On 5* for me it's a good challenge so far. I play on 10 mins and I just played world cup where I scored 2 goals in 3 matches and conceded 3 so I drawn 2 and lost one and still qualified!! :mrgreen:

Of course I'm still getting used to the game so scoring and such will become easier for me as I play more but right now the results are for me super realistic!

Good to hear:)

Well I haven't played any Pro Evo or Winning Eleven games for nearly a month now, so I thought I'd give Winning Eleven 10 one last chance to impress me.

Okay now I'll admit it's probably the best version. Problem was I just simply played the previous versions too much maybe and the sudden adjustment perhaps put me off more than it should of. The little niggles in the game are just that, nothing too major.

Extremely disappointed! I cannot believe this is how Konami signs off on the PS2! There are too many faults to mention and I dont think that PES6 will be much better unless they really sit down and realise their mistakes! I will admit that there are some nice new animations but i feel that the gameplay is terrible! The play seems far too congested and the defensive game is too hard! I rarely see my players make space for themselves or make runs to open up space! And now using R2 or super cancel hardly makes a difference! The AI opponent nearly always wins headers! What a load of complete shite! Konami dont seem to understand that there was very little wrong with previous installments yet they go and make a complete rubbish change! I hope Konami actually read these types of threads to know what is good and what is oh so unbelieveably poor! Konami have gotten very lazy! This game plays almost like a FIFA game IMO! Massive let down konami! Now I will have to wait for the next gen PES because Konami will probably just lazily produce the same rubbish gameplay for PES6! This game seems incomplete & I feel that it was stupid to rush the game in time for WC06! Konami better get their act together because i dont ever want a PES experience like this again! This is by far the worst PES/WE experience i have ever had! Rant over!

Last edited:
KJK1LL3R said:
The AI opponent nearly always wins headers! What a load of complete shite!

i thought that, untill i re-learned how to challenge for the ball in this version.

I don't think I have changed anything from the way I used to do so in WE9, I always press X, and try to make a header pass when challenging the CPU in the air in the middle of the pitch.
Of course when I'm trying to defend a header in my own box, I don't do that, I press Square.

mathewsss said:
I don't think I have changed anything from the way I used to do so in WE9, I always press X, and try to make a header pass when challenging the CPU in the air in the middle of the pitch.
Of course when I'm trying to defend a header in my own box, I don't do that, I press Square.

And does it work?

hmmmm i just played about with holding R2 and then pressing X or square at the right time, while moving my player. I dont win them all, obviously, but i win more than i was when i first played it :)

This game is absolute shit, period.
After stop playing for a couple of weeks, i tried to give a final chance this afternoon. The gaming experience was even worse. I believe some of you saying that it takes a time to get used to. But after playing winning eleven games for 10 years, -and i know sometimes it's hard to take a newer version, but this one is absurd-, i reject getting used to this rubbish just because the shake of it. The fact that you can fool yourself saying is really good won't make this a worthwhile experience.

I see all the above comments on how WE10 is to easy but
am i missing something because i stuggle big time on 5 stars.
lsst nite i lost 4-0 nil to sweden 3-2 to TnT and even paraguay(3-1)
now is the game really that easy or am i just crap.

Steely said:
I see all the above comments on how WE10 is to easy but
am i missing something because i stuggle big time on 5 stars.
lsst nite i lost 4-0 nil to sweden 3-2 to TnT and even paraguay(3-1)
now is the game really that easy or am i just crap.

The game can be quite easy, but for me 5 stars is more of a challenge than 6 stars, due to the fact that on 6 stars the cpu attacks non-stop, my only down point on this game is that it is easy to get games with high scores no matter who you choose.

What I like about this game is that defending now requires more skill, on 2 player you can now sort out who the good and bad players are, when I play one of my friends he and I have low scoring games because we now try harder with defending, but with one of my friends I trashed him 8-0 with England and he was Italy, due to the fact he tried to play this game using the same techniques he uses for W9/PES5.

rottennik said:
This game is absolute shit, period.
After stop playing for a couple of weeks, i tried to give a final chance this afternoon. The gaming experience was even worse. I believe some of you saying that it takes a time to get used to. But after playing winning eleven games for 10 years, -and i know sometimes it's hard to take a newer version, but this one is absurd-, i reject getting used to this rubbish just because the shake of it. The fact that you can fool yourself saying is really good won't make this a worthwhile experience.

I'm with u on this !! The first few days i played WE10 i thought it was good mainly cos it has that pick up and play feel unlike prev versions where u really have to learn again while playing. However i just started to dislike this game big time as i found it too unrealistick i mean should defenders be able to drible the full length of the pitch and score, then there's the shite goalies and then the fact that all shots seem to be on target, not to mention that many games can be very congested like 2 under 16 teams playing and all the players chasing the ball..I keep coming back to give it another go but after a few games its back to the sublime WE9-JL. I think many peeps out there are drawn to the fact that it's the latest games and therefor it must be best game scenario when in fact that's not always true. i think in time WE10 will be known as one of the worst in series..

Back
Top Bottom