OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

montauban10 said:
It's like when your girlfriend change the hair and become horrible, but you continue lovin her...

Ther hair will be beautiful again someday... and PES6 will arrive someday...

u talk bollox

justjer said:
We 10 is a good game, the controls are superb and the handling of the players has never been so good. Only u can score so easy
my matches against buddies are like 7-5 or 5-8
That's not realistic, the goalies sucks, that's a real pity it reminds me of the old Fifa serie

i think anyone who is at a decent skill level in we9 is dissapointed with we10.

i found 6 stars in we9 a good challenge in the league, largely due to the referees.....but we10 is just a bit too easy from the get go - and normally there's a period of adjustment in learning the new game but not this time.

get the ball to a skillful forward and hitting the back of the net is all too easy.

i've never been one of those whiners when the new version is out but it had to happen sooner or later i guess.

i hope this direction konami have taken isn't an indication of dumbing down the series for the future.......starting to feel like fifa minus the presentation benefits.

The game is piece of sh..t.

Crossing and heading just like crab.Crosses goes nearly outside of the penalty area.Unrealistic.(Opponent Messi scores headers,But I can't score with Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic)

Keepers can't catch a ball in the match.

Also shooting is another crab.All shoots comes back from defence...

Every sliding tackle is a yellow card...

Wait for one year and see this product...

I play this game for ten years.

This game has to be a football simulation...

Last edited:
koray said:
Crossing and heading just like crab. Also shooting is another crab.

You're sure about that?

crab.gif

LOL

actually i like it more now after playing a ML season, it's a good game. better than the previous version. :)

Kezz said:
You're sure about that?

crab.gif

Yes I am very sure.All of the crosses goes beyond the penalty spot.How can you score a header from that range?

As I mention I play this game Since from ISS 2 on PS 1.At least ten years...

Theres nothing wrong with this game. Sure the keeper stats need adjusting and some pitch textures are kak, and konami could have added nice graphical extras instead of stupid stuff like meat footballs, BUT this game is going in the right direction.

Ill give you guys a few weeks and your attitude will change. Theres some lovely new changes, no stupid automatic sidesteps, better dribbling, better keeper animateion, (i even saw the keeper hang off a crossbar after someone headed over :)) the ball now hits the net with realism instead of kind of stopping dead...

For thos who think this game is too easy...well all i can say its that you must murder this game 24/7 and are sooo good at it that it doesnt pose a challenge.

Stop whining and start playing the game more, i'm sorry but i cant see where the negativity is from, i really cant. Yes we9 had better balance i suppose but the amount of plays you could do are severly limited compared to we10.

In human vs human the first matches went like 5-3, 7-2 and 5-0. Now we end up 1-0, 0-0, 2-0. It's just learning to defend properly. If you want a challenge in ML, play with a poor team. That's it. I'm liking it more with time. Cheats are not so obvious. No autosidestep... I prefer this version!

antred said:
Theres nothing wrong with this game. Sure the keeper stats need adjusting and some pitch textures are kak, and konami could have added nice graphical extras instead of stupid stuff like meat footballs, BUT this game is going in the right direction.

Ill give you guys a few weeks and your attitude will change. Theres some lovely new changes, no stupid automatic sidesteps, better dribbling, better keeper animateion, (i even saw the keeper hang off a crossbar after someone headed over :)) the ball now hits the net with realism instead of kind of stopping dead...

For thos who think this game is too easy...well all i can say its that you must murder this game 24/7 and are sooo good at it that it doesnt pose a challenge.

Stop whining and start playing the game more, i'm sorry but i cant see where the negativity is from, i really cant. Yes we9 had better balance i suppose but the amount of plays you could do are severly limited compared to we10.

Agree with you. However, the Keeper's are very problematic. I have gotten scored on due to the keeper's parrying the ball right into the path of an oncoming forward...

If the keeper stop the shot coming from his right angle, he usually parrie's it to his left, right into the pk box. And if he stops the shot coming from his left angle, he deflects the ball to his right into the path of a forward. This doesn't happend often, but when it does, it will cost you a goal 100% of the time.

The above mentioned and the dissappointing grainy replays is the only let down for me with this game...The rest is simply marvelous!

Peace!

koray said:
Yes I am very sure.All of the crosses goes beyond the penalty spot.How can you score a header from that range?

As I mention I play this game Since from ISS 2 on PS 1.At least ten years...

I was referring to the word "crab", forget about it ;)

The keepers are pathetic at times. nI got the game yesterday and there isnt anything to shout home about. The graphics are exactly the same. The gameplay is a bit faster, with a few new animations. The license kits isnt nothing special cuz you still have other teams that are unlicensed and make it overall look like shit.

Its a bit too easy to score and yes ive picked up on the defending but still goals are leaked easily. Its a shame but i think its big let down. They still havnt got correct faces on all important famous players such as Riquelme, Saha etc, i just think they were a bit lazy on this version. Hopefully they tweak it up for PES6.

This game is just pathetic now compared to the previous versions. Has ARCADE SCREAMING OUT OF IT

Disqo said:
Has anyone noticed that when it goes into replay mode the screen goes grainy?

Yes - that shocked me quite a bit - wonder why that was so shoddy?

infideon said:
This game is just pathetic now compared to the previous versions. Has ARCADE SCREAMING OUT OF IT

WE7I is more arcade and yet it's one of the best game in the series.

I've played some matches on 5* and a few vs. human players, so it's still too early to make a final judgement.

I don't think the pace is too fast. It depends on your style of play. You have to switch between R1 und R2, then you get a dynamic play.

High and through passes are great (I use style 5/passing without pressing R3)

Normal passing has some great animations, but the passes are too exact for me, the receivers have some kind of sticky feet.

I don't know what kind of drugs the keepers have smoked, but it must be some strange stuff:
superb one hand saves with cool animations, sometimes they even come out of the box on 1-on-1s. On the other hand there are terrible misstakes which is no fun, especially im matches vs. humans. The amount of catches must be higher to have a fair match (I think Konami will improve this in PES6, as they did this with the handballs - every time Konami invents some new features, they overdraw, then in the next release it's tweaked to normal)

Defending is ok for me. Use the square button to call a 2nd defender and move with the player controlled by you into the open area. It's not as easy as in WE9JL, but football is attacking AND defending.

Scoring is too easy -> see above, the keepers are dumb as... Anyway I get realistic scorelines in a 20 min. match (most times)

__

Unfortunally Konami improves only one feature in the WE/PES Series - gameplay. i.e they still use the old and crappy pitch textures and a incredible ugly font type...

Many of us (me included) would be happy to have (a slightly tweaked) WE9JL gameplay with a new master league structure (more leagues with differnt divisions, etc...) but I don't think Konami will improve this in the near future.

So it always feels like an update, not a new game...

They will concentrate on a multiplayer master league and some new gameplay tweaks/moves/animations on the upcoming next gen release, don't expect a NEW game, but the BEST football game on the PS3/360.

Editing:
I can follow Konamis policy - they don't want their game to be edited.
But I can not accept this, as it was the WE/PES (editing) community who promoted the series to be successful...
We want a licensed game - so please give us the licenses or a way to edit them into the game (no, you'll never get this with an ingame editor)

Well, I got my copy of WE10 today, pld quite a few matches now and done nearly all the training, but throwin a spanner into the works, I don't think the game is fast, the ground passes are about right and the players movement could be a bit sharper for my tastes, but and it's a big but, what the hell have they done with the ball psyics when it catches any amount of air, shots seem to be ok, but crosses and thru balls and well any time yu have a tussle with a player etc, it floats! the ball actually floats, yu can put the kettle on for a cuppa while yu waitin for it to come down and then this causes yu players control to be very clumsy in theese situations.

It also makes getting good power headders a real pain because of the flaot on the ball and 9/10 the defence will clear or it'll bounce of players heads a few times like a ballooon.

The extras this game brings I'm fine with, theres good improvements, especially with the weather which I've been waiting for, for a long time.

The ball psyics tho has gone very unreaistic when it's in the air, really makes matches unfluent and tedious if you enjoy your crossing ang long balls.

Some good additions, but why fix what aint broken?

Overall dissapointed.

Edit:

Well I dunno what, but summuts happened since I posted on here and the gameplay does seem zippy now, the crosses etc are still pants tho. I tried a slower match usin the PAL idea and thats just funny, can't be doin with that, least I didn't have to patch or waste a disk on it, good ol swap magic. :)

so the pace has grew on me and the players are seemin more responsive, but the ball psyics suck hairy ass.

Last edited:
I think something i noticed that disappointed me, i started trying to edit the unlicensed teams. And if i remember rightly a a while back didnt konami have all the adidas kit templates in the generic kist? Now they dont have any! They just have three stripes shirts, but nothing based on adidas stuff even though they carry the license.

Also whats the point in securing say Bayern Munichs or Cagliaris license if the y cant stick the bloody sponsor on! Munich's is just a red shirt with a mini adidas logo on!

Well, now I've played this game enough to finally review it.

What I like so far:

- I love how they ditched the automatic sidestep and dribbling is exactly where I want it now. Players like Ronaldinho can now be truly threatening and dominant while playing to their strengths.

- They definitely should keep the refs at where they are now. Most calls they make are reasonable now and this is the first game I've seen in a while where the computer gets yellow carded regularly!

- On offense, the AI has improved, which is good for challenge. They do cut some corners in order to make them more effective though... (see the negative points about goalies/condition below). They've made improvements in defense now too... they can make some great looking sliding tackles now...

- Shooting seems better and more realistic now, and I'm noticing that there are more volleys and stuff than before... I always thought there weren't nearly enough of these in the past WE's.

- I don't agree with people complaining about defense right now. It's now truly a challenge and I feel that it's changed for the better.

- They got the headers and free kicks right now, IMO. Not too hard, not too easy. Just perfect.

- Penaltys aren't THAT much better, but it seems a bit better this time... at least they got rid of that ridiculous looking "bug" where the keeper JUMPS over a low shot and go flying out of the screen (seriously, when do you EVER see that in real life?). The kicking animations are better too. Still, they need to use the system FIFA used for their WC06 game.

- Keepers have been double edged sword for me right now. What I do like so far are their new animations and how they parry balls more often than before, which is good.

- Pace of the game, is also a double edged sword. On the positive side, I love how every game is filled with intensity now...

What I'm hating so far:

- On the other side of things, sometimes the keepers are way too horrible for their own good... I like how not every keeper is perfect now (they'll parry shots, etc) but there are way too many shots that goalies just simply parry into the net now. They also sometimes seem to have VERY poor reaction to shots that are only hit inches from them. Never, EVER play a goalkeeper when they are in poor condition (white down arrow or blue down-right arrow), they'll be parrying shots into the net for the whole game. They definitely need to find the right balance in the next version.

- And once again, sometimes the pace of the game is WAY too fast and way too intense throughout the entire game. The CPU, seem to run at you like headless chickens and pressure you for the full 90 minutes and STILL get back on defense in time, which is very unrealistic... it seems that stamina drain never applies to the CPU because they'll seriously keep up the all-out pressure for full 90 minutes, no matter what the score is. This ain't real football...

- Speed of the game itself seems a TAD too fast. It's not crazy fast, but I'd like it slowed down a bit.

- I've never really liked how the condition system has been applied in WE's and it has continued again in this version... players who have an red up arrow simply become INVINCIBLE. You can't knock them off the ball, every call goes their way, every pass connects, and every shot connects no matter how ridiculous the attempt is. You can make a sliding tackle from DIRECTLY behind them and they'll still be running forward unphased... I know you can turn this off in VS mode but in master league and like, it becomes very annoying facing a team full of opponents with red/yellow arrows. I understand that the players will vary in condition game to game, but I just don't think it's applied in a right way in gameplay sense. Players get WAY too much boost in stats IMO.

That's it for now...

Re: OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+in game pics and vids]

I have just been playing the International Challenge due to waiting for a patch to update kits for master-league play. But i love this game-play addition as i haven't played an International game since WE7I

They have done well with Home and Away play, when you play Away you are under a lot more pressure then a home game and the fans whistling when the away team has the ball is a nice touch.

At last a player went round my keeper he pulled him down giving away a penalty and got a straight red card, even tho it was my keeper i was so excited they fixed this.
Then in the same game my striker was fouled by a defender as he was threw on goal another straight red YES.
I haven't seen any red cards since so its not overly used and the Yellow cards seem fair and well timed.

Unfortunately i play on 6 stars and the game does seem too easy i played as Scotland and in my first game i scored and won 2 nil against England and i never score or win in my first game of a new Winning Eleven game.

3 of the Adidas ball look terrible during play 2 Adidas Roteiro's and the Telstar

During a game Shay Given slide saving the ball but slide out of the park for a corner usually in previous games there an invisible wall it would be interesting to see if this could happen creating a goal.

The animations that keep the game flow like when players react to ref decisions or being fouled are a nice touch

Last edited:
played it a lot but went back to PES5 and prefer the older version, my biggest gripe being the keepers brilliant at the amazing and then drop a through ball into the net..I wouldn#t mind but I wasn't playing as Man City :)

i've now played multiplayer with a mate.. we had a world cup tourney.. i can honestly say the game plays brilliantly when playing multiplayer... lots of action, yet realistic scorelines... absolutely brilliant.

Re: OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+in game pics and vids]

embraceuk1 said:
They have done well with Home and Away play, when you play Away you are under a lot more pressure then a home game and the fans whistling when the away team has the ball is a nice touch.

Dude, I noticed the exact same thing. Get this, I'm playing Master League, Division 2 Cup. Home leg. I'm going up 4-1. I'm thinkin man this is 6 stars, KONAMI are you fuckin kiddin me.. Then, the away leg comes. 0-4. I got trashed like a fool. I couldn't do shit. I swear either the CPU cheats as a motherfucker, or I just suck and the AI is great. I squeezed the damn controler so hard I could hear it break inside.

I thought this game was gonna be easy as hell. So far I'm out of the Div Cup and 3-0-3 in the league.

I have never enjoyed ML this much. Playing with the Cheating setting on, I'm guess it'll have lots of replay value as you cant reload after a game.

International Challenge? What's this? WC qualification?

How many international teams are involved and are they all playable? i.e. A CPU controlled Estonia and Azerbaijan vs a Player controlled Brazil, etc (I'm thinking shooting practice!).

Has somebody played memorial match yet?
Have the stats been extended/changed?

Thanks

twohgate said:
International Challenge? What's this? WC qualification?

How many international teams are involved and are they all playable? i.e. A CPU controlled Estonia and Azerbaijan vs a Player controlled Brazil, etc (I'm thinking shooting practice!).

yes, wc qualification. in europe, just 3 extra teams are added... israel, bosnia, estonia... they're not playable.

junka, have seen your uploads and definitely impressed a lot and so would like to ask a couple of questions. i am currently playing the WE10 and so tried the tricks in your videos and unfortunately could not even get closer. what is the button configuration, i mean which buttons are you pressing for;

1) high trajectory back heel pass that you do with c.ronaldo?
2) the unbelievable move (was it panna?) with ronnie?
3) mathew feint?

appreciate if you can send me a couple of lines explaining above? any comments from any other member is also more than welcome...

cheers/otu

i think the matthew feint is when at a standstill over the ball you push the direction left then right then hold that direction. i've done it in training but not in a match yet! I never seem to get the time!

Well i think its utter crap, for all the reasons mentioned before in this thread. not to mention that its really easy to score cheap goals so give it a 3 weeks time and people will memorise the game like in winning eleven ps1 series the 1 2 goal trick.

Back
Top Bottom