Official Transfers Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said I supported Madrid! FFS man why can't you just take what I say for what it is instead of trying to concoct some story about me being a Madrid glory-hunter out of it! I wanted Juve to beat Madrid in the semis last year, go back and look at the threads!

I "define" them as the biggest because they have won the trophy LOADS more than anyone else (even before this 'Los Galacticos' era), and because they have the best team IMO (I'd class them as favourites to win any game they played).

How do you "define" Man Utd as the biggest club in the world then? Because they almost always reach the last 8? Because they win the Premiership nearly every year?

I already said, I mentioned Man Utd winning it twice as a response to you having a go at Barcelona's statu as a 'big club' because they've "only" won it once. If you're going to have a go at other teams at least don't take the huff when I point out exactly what you pointed out.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Vnz, ties between Italy and Argentina are close. Very much so when it comes to football. You'll notice some Argies will actually have Italian surnames (ok, i can't think of an example right now, but, it's true).

Coloccini, Pochettino (sp?) are two off the top of my head.

ClassicD said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Vnz, ties between Italy and Argentina are close. Very much so when it comes to football. You'll notice some Argies will actually have Italian surnames (ok, i can't think of an example right now, but, it's true).

Coloccini, Pochettino (sp?) are two off the top of my head.

Scaloni, Saviola....never thought about that before!

T Butcher fan said:
If you think about it, it was an opportunity for most of them to make something of their careers. The Wham,B'burn and Saints players and who'd heard of Mutu before August?? (not counting you Prof! ;) )

Crespo got the chance to get out of what looks from the outside, a really shitty club (ask Vieri) and Makalele, despite winning all these trophies, was treated like a prize cnut at Real. Same with Veron.

Veron wasnt treated like a cnut by us T, yeah he didnt want to go but he had ample oppurtunity to show his worth and by his own admission didnt deliver.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
T Butcher fan said:
If you think about it, it was an opportunity for most of them to make something of their careers. The Wham,B'burn and Saints players and who'd heard of Mutu before August?? (not counting you Prof! ;) )

Crespo got the chance to get out of what looks from the outside, a really shitty club (ask Vieri) and Makalele, despite winning all these trophies, was treated like a prize cnut at Real. Same with Veron.

Veron wasnt treated like a cnut by us T, yeah he didnt want to go but he had ample oppurtunity to show his worth and by his own admission didnt deliver.

I know, but I couldn't be bothered to keep going on. Chance to prove himself in the prem or something? I dunno and nor do I care. The cnut's been out of shape since he got here!

ClassicD said:
Saviola doesn't sound that Italian to me. On an interesting note David Trezeguet was actually born in Argentina ;).

Yeh, Saviola is well Italian. Like Gianfranco Saviola!

And Terry Butcher was born in Singapore. ;)

Well, if you take off the "Sa" from Viola it would be. Viola is my gran's first name. But i think in this case Saviola derives from Savio. How about some Argentinian names with "Di" in it, like Di Napoli, because, you've guessed it, his relatives came from Naples. ;)

Prof, do you have Italian origins????
I know you like Italian football, a must read is "A season with Verona" by an English writer (Tim Parks) who lives in Verona and supports Hellas Verona...magnificent book about the team (with Mutu...) and their fans. The book is especially great because Hellas Verona were battling against relegation that year...
It a good illustration of the the way Italians are (too?)passionate about football...

PS: Off-topic...sorry

Looks like Rivaldo will be going to Espanyol, but at a cost. Coach Luis Fernandez has earmarked Adrian Bastia, Pierre Wome, Kevin Bobson and Raul Molina as candidates to leave before the arrival of Rivaldo in order to finance the move. :mrgreen:

according to soccernet.com Rivaldo might be on his way to an English Club most likely Tottenham. No one really wants to pick up his big contract so he has to take a huge pay cut if he wants to play for a big team. Spurs look like the only ones willing to pay the big price though. I think Rivaldo sucks now, he should just go back to Brazil and retire like Romario did.

Roughly one-third of Argentinians are of Italian descent. That's why some guys like Juan Veròn (Spanish name) went to play in Italy, because they have Italian grandfathers or grandmothers, and then are eligible for EC passports ;) Crespo is an italian name for instance.

We dont want any stinkin Argies over here anyway. All they go on about is how much they hate the English, stupid f**kers.

Maradona (the fat c**t) can kiss my ass.

Spetznaz said:
We dont want any stinkin Argies over here anyway. All they go on about is how much they hate the English, stupid f**kers.

Maradona (the fat c**t) can kiss my ass.

You should be ashamed of yourself young man, coming on here and speaking like that. Now we know why the Argies hate England, because of morons like you.

10 MARADONA

best player ever

Like I care what fools like you think, I see you are from Aberdeen. Do doubt another English hating Scot. We dont need to hate you lot cos you are pathetic anyway.

Oh no I'll probably get banned now! (for speaking the truth). Airy fairy liberal tw@ts!.

Spetznaz said:
Like I care what fools like you think, I see you are from Aberdeen. Do doubt another English hating Scot. We dont need to hate you lot cos you are pathetic anyway.

Oh no I'll probably get banned now! (for speaking the truth). Airy fairy liberal tw@ts!.

Listen I have English relatives and like most English people, but your just scum and give the English people a bad name.

p.s. how you gonna reply? :mrgreen:

About Rivaldo, maybe just another rumour...but in a Belgian paper i read that Siemens would buy Rivaldo from AC Milan and that he will be on loan the rest of the season to Sao Paulo...

TREZ TO CHELSEA
David Trezeguet is close to becoming a Chelsea player, according to reports in Italy. The Juventus striker is believed to be unsettled in Turin and is looking to make a fresh start. And Juve are reportedly ready to accept Chelsea's £25m offer for the French international.

SulphuricX said:
TREZ TO CHELSEA
David Trezeguet is close to becoming a Chelsea player, according to reports in Italy. The Juventus striker is believed to be unsettled in Turin and is looking to make a fresh start. And Juve are reportedly ready to accept Chelsea's £25m offer for the French international.

I think Chelsea should try and by a few decent defenders, because they were hopeless yesterday. There gonna end up like Real Madrid, only buying attacking players and forgetting about the defence.

It all comes down to effort. (Pic below is Ranieri's basic lineup a 4-4-2, daimond formation, basically, Current Chelsea squad before its strongest, what do you think we can improve?
profile.JPG

IMO, the one Hard Working defender we have is John Terry, no doubt about it, his future is great, with Chelsea and England. Bridge and Johnson are very attacking full backs and they are literally just not bothered to come back and defend when pocession is lost. Desailly tries his hardest, age for him is the problem. Its not just the defenders though, the two argentines, Crespo and Veron can be lazy at times too. IMO scrap johnson, get a more defensive right fullback. Give desailly a few games, other than that dont use him, put in gallas and rotate him with a new Centerback which should be purchased in January. The back four all have talent, they just cant be fucked to use it. Sorry for the swearing, but i am very angry that most of the blame is being shifted on Ranieri, when i know he is trying to get the best out of his players, but i say, if they are not bothering, scrap em.

Aims for Jan: a Striker/Offensive Midfielder, a Full-Back and a Centreback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom