1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Official Transfers Only

Discussion in 'Football' started by Sulph, 20 October 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Transfer rumours?

Last edited: 24 December 2005
  2. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Re: January Transfers

How about just discussing who might move, because transfers are funnny things, they're never definite until they're done.

3. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Two (other) rumours i read in the fantastic Four-Four-Two magazine..

Kluivert > Newcastle United (Bowyer, Woodgate, Dyer, Bellamy and maybe Kluivert: Thugside United)

Diego Tristan > Newcastle United (i hope this is true, one of my favourite players to one of my favourite Clubs).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha

I also heard there after Robbie Savage.

5. Boro

Boro Guest

LOL im hoping they get Jody Morris. The fun we could have then!

Any DECENT striker >>> Middlesbrough

APPARENTLY we've tied up a deal for a 16yr old ace in America. Their version of Owen apparently. £3.5mill. Altohugh i heard this from a guy thats full of a sh*t 40% of the time!

6. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    Pascal Bosschaart(MF),Daniel Van Buyten(DF),Vincent Kompany(DF) and a worldclass striker(I hope its Kluivert),rumoured to be heading for Old Trafford in January.

7. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    It would be rather stupid to buy both Van Buyten and Kompany...they play at the same position...
    Anyway here Belgium we never really understood what so special about Daniel Van Buyten...allegedly he plays very well in Marseille, but in the national team he's a disaster...Valgaeren is considered much better here...

As for Kompany, he's world class, but he's only 17...i think it's too early for him to go to Man Utd...Let him stay a couple of years in Anderlecht...

So if Man Utd really want to buy a Belgian central defender, why not Joos Valgaeren....(sorry Classic and FD)

8. distefano

distefano Conference

16 May 2002
    arcade holland
    kompany just renewed his contract right? that guy is belgiums hope for the next years. he can become the new beckenbauer! great defending skills, great passing, good shoot, good header. never been so exciting about a belgium player since luc nilis.

pascal bosschaart is a left footed player (sidebank/sidehalf) from fc utrecht. watch him play against aj auxerre in the uefa cup. i don't think he is that great. but ferguson (the scout) did watch him play last match.

9. Evo

Evo Gone And Forgotten

28 June 2003
    <------
    According to The Express on Sunday (02/11) Rafael Van Der Vaart and Arjen Robben to Man Utd for £17million

10. Misfit

Misfit veni,vidi,vici

3 January 2003
    Timbuktu
    yeah right....all this players are gonna do a "ronaldinho" on manure and ya guys are gonna get a "wrong" player again(kleberson).it just keeps gettin hilarious at OT doesnt it?

11. Hobes

Hobes Guest

I heard man u turned down the chance to sign Feddie Adu (champ manager players will now him) as the asking price was too high.

12. T Butcher fan

T Butcher fan Champions League

3 December 2001
    Chelsea to sign (insert player name here) as reported by (insert crappy tabloid name here).

13. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    This thread is all rumour and speculation. Can we not wait til January before we start discussing whos going where?

14. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    The joys of the footie forum, now you know why I didn't fancy moderating it. The ironic thing is this topic was posted in the WE section and I moved the bastard :D.

15. Hobes

Hobes Guest

isn't transfer speculation half the fun of being a football fan?

16. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Yes, thats why in my mind Liverpool are gonna buy the entire Real Madrid team. Apart from their defence obviously ;)

Between now and the transfer window actually opening there will be a million rumours and only a few actual deals that go through. Having a thread that is based purely on speculation is madness

Madness I tells ya!!!!!!

17. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

haha, i think hes 14, and im quite sure its Freddie Adu, as you can see, hobes has already mentioned his name has been erased from man utd's wish list

-azn

18. Boro

Boro Guest

nah he's 16 and isnt called Abu. If i can be bothered ill find the article later

19. Hobes

Hobes Guest

I was looking through the BBC website, and for anyone interested, there is a breif article on Freddy Adu. it is in the sportacademy section (I'm not sure if I can put a link in.)

20. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Freddy is 15 this year and has signed a contract with Nike, most likely heading to Inter or some nike team like that.

Anyone wondering where Rivaldo is heading? Its pretty much confirmed that hes leaving.

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he's heading to Higbury to team up with Edu and Gilberto Da Silva.

22. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

hmm, as predicted, headed west for england... i keep forgetting, or maybe i have never been informed of this, but why england? did he say? he has a very big price tag on his shorts doesnt he? how could a team with such financial problems (brought to my attention by misfit) bring a man like rivaldo to highbury? but it would be quite a feat accomplished once again by the gooners!

-azn

23. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Hes on a free transfer.

24. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

oh? well it also depends, im assuming abramavich isnt going to pick HIM up... i dont think fergie wants another sub-par brasilian (kleberson being the first) on his starting 11, OR on his bench - but then he wouldn't come to england just to start warming the bench... i suspect a side who resides in the bottom half of the table will have the "honour" of naming rivaldo their starting midfielder

-azn

25. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Rivaldo will move to Saudi Arabia or something to pick up 5 million a season.

26. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

pullin' a batistuta eh... well thats a reasonable prediction :D;)

-azn

27. Milanista

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    His current contract with Milan is 5 Million Euros a year . Greedy cunt.

28. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Man Utd eye Chinese star
    Manchester United are reported to be interested in signing Chinese star Dong Fang Zhou.

The club have been linked with a £1m move for the striker - who is also said to be a target for Real Madrid and Inter Milan - during the January transfer window.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the club are in the market for a player from China, although he did not confirm the player's identity.

"We're signing a Chinese boy, hopefully in the next few weeks," said Ferguson.

29. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    Chinese boy to United.

30. H@$$@N

H@$$@N Guest

davids(juve) ----> roma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.