Off Topic Comes Back or Not? (Officially CWright Approved)

Off Topic to come back or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Gunner a chance to rectify the mess that he played a leading hand in creating. If he fails to restore the off topic than ban him.

smango said:
Give Gunner a chance to rectify the mess that he played a leading hand in creating.

Surely the people you want as mods are those who do not "play a leading hand in creating a mess"??

smango said:
Give Gunner a chance to rectify the mess that he played a leading hand in creating. If he fails to restore the off topic than ban him.

Why should he be banned because he might not be able to cope with being a Mod?

Although, I don't think it'll happen anyway.

And as Gerd said it's the 'hangers-on' that seems to be the problem.

FD

Yes FD, the 'hangers-on' disappear after a few weeks-months but there are always new ones who tend to act like groupies round "the funny guys"...
I think some of them come back with another nick, i'm pretty sure that the Real Slim Shady was somebody who was here before (to satisfy my curiosity, can some admin or mod confirm or deny this???).
And if off-topic returns there should be some clear rules. An example, quite a few threads were virtually dialogues between two persons who usually could contact each other on msn...these threads should be closed immediately.

Why were Danwin and I responsible for the OT downfall Siroco? Can't you just join in when there's a war discussion going one?

joostebrood said:
Why were Danwin and I responsible for the OT downfall Siroco? Can't you just join in when there's a war discussion going one?

joost, there was a winking smiley following that statement.

What contributed to the downfall of OT, from what I gather based on comments, was a bunch of crap posts/polls, consistent abuse of mods, and people crying like little babies when their posts were locked/deleted or when their mates were banned.

Why would you want me only to join the conversation when the topic is war, you little dictator-in-training? That was one thread, and I'm not interested in war. My main interest here is WE/PES -- OT was a mere pit stop that occassionally provided a chuckle.

To my mind, the role of OT was reminding everyone -- of every race, creed, age, or political orientation -- "Let's not take ourselves too seriously all the time." A place where people with widely differing views and sensibilities could interact about serious and non-serious topics unrelated to footy. A place where friends could tell each other, "hey, fuck off," with nobody's feelings getting hurt. Just didn't work out that way.

Given the overwhelming response in favour of the off topic re-opening, I ask the question when will it open?

smango said:
Given the overwhelming response in favour of the off topic re-opening, I ask the question when will it open?

Neverday 16th Nevermber, at about half past never.

These last postings (all the postings after Scirocco's last post) are a good example why the "OT" was closed IMHO.
They clearly will only have the opposite effect: mods will persevere in their conviction that OT has to remain shut. They add nothing to the discussion, some of them are personal or at least add to the animosity that certain mods perceive.
I think some people in this thread clearly pointed out what the problem with OT was. Well here we all have a perfect (if rather innocent) example.
Some people never learn...

Siroco, you're right. I just can't stand it when someone makes fun of me. I only want to make fun of them, not vice versa.

Well if you insult somone they will hate you, Then they make fun of you.

Chris Wright made the suggestion of starting the thread. I would have never thought of it, its in the conversation in my first post if you don't believe me. I don't see what the big deal is with having an off-topic. The people who voted no don't have to go in there if its open. I'm going bananas looking at all these square threads that i could read by picking up the newspaper. We need the banter and a bit of a laugh back. Could it not be made a private or password protected forum for those who do want in, or even better, should be allowed in?

I vote yes, the new threads seem restrictive, I never posted that much but they were entertaining to read etc etc

getting bored with the new site now, seems less message traffic, although mibee thats what your after?

Can't we all just get along, what's with this great Evo-Web divde? I'd like to take this opportunity to quote John Lennon.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the Evo-Web will live as one.

I just wnnt someone to bite the bullet and make a decision, either the off topic section comes back or it doesn't. The suspense is killing me.

If it keeps them happy and off the other threads, then I'm all for it :mrgreen: It's like watching telly - if you don't want to watch the programme, switch channel or turn the bugger off. Personally though, it doesn't bother me either way.

This needs to be decided we cant just have this thread forever. Someone has to finish this, if Cw said to GG, its ok to post a poll for who wants off topic, or dont then keep your words. Because people are waiting but this thread will just go on and on its already the 3rd page, but soon it will be way more.

So decide and FINISH THE THREAD.

As far as I can see all he let him do was create the poll.

There was never any mention of it being used to decide anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom