Off Topic Comes Back or Not? (Officially CWright Approved)

Off Topic to come back or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people will always be hopeless...take me for example...i intended to vote "no"...i voted "yes" by accident (honestly, this is no joke)and after reading all the posts i would have voted "yes...but". I agree with FD (Jesus, what's wrong with me?? - honestly this is a joke). But i can understand why quite a lot of mods are against it (by the way, why the hell is it possible to see who voted yes or no...that's very un-democratic). If the mods try to do their job (and most of the times they do it very well, the times a mod complained about me i behaved myself like an asshole) they get flamed quite regularly. If they are flamed by the "popular, funny" guys like GG, Joost, Cal,... (who often do it as a joke) then the "disciples" (you know who you are, the Real Slim Shady is an example of the recent past) jump on the bandwagon and continue the flaming. IMHO the "disciples" are the problem. Either they are not intelligent enough to see that most posts of the "popular funny guys" are meant as a joke or a funny provocation or either they don't have enough personality (courage) to disagree with the funny guys...IMHO GG takes advantage of this and tries to influence the "disciples". This becomes problematic when he influences them against other people (two examples: Boro and Thomasgoal). I think mods should intervene towards the "disciples" and if there is an attempt to influence by others, these people should be banned immediately, however popular and funny they may be...
I think the fact that in this poll you can see who voted yes or no is a very clever attempt by GG to influence people (in this case so that they would vote "yes). So in order to have a truly democratic vote let it be totally anonymous (we all know which mods voted "yes" or "no" and honestly, i don't give a fuck).
Oh and GG i never said in this post you are the only one who is (now and then) to blame...because knowing your posting that's whzt you intend to do now...You are gonna play the act of the total innocent who gets all the blame. I don't give you all the blame but you are not totally innocent.
Sorry if this post is too long and if i have hurt somebody. That was never the intention.

Last edited:
For the way Kezz and babs have been treated for trying to run OT like someone has said already

it should stay closed FOREVER

They try and help moderate the site the best they can and they get unjust stick

FUCK OT :)

Oh yeah just to add i can only see OT coming back if certain members are banned, and if they are banned OT would turn shit again so you cant win

I just think some members insult ADMINS and Mods, If that stops it would be a mile better.
SO FUCK PEOPLE THAT INSULT ADMINS AND MODS.

gerd said:
If they are flamed by the "popular, funny" guys like GG, Joost, Cal,... (who often do it as a joke) then the "disciples" (you know who you are, the Real Slim Shady is an example of the recent past) jump on the bandwagon and continue the flaming. IMHO the "disciples" are the problem. Either they are not intelligent enough to see that most posts of the "popular funny guys" are meant as a joke or a funny provocation or either they don't have enough personality (courage) to disagree with the funny guys...IMHO GG takes advantage of this and tries to influence the "disciples". This becomes problematic when he influences them against other people (two examples: Boro and Thomasgoal). I think mods should intervene towards the "disciples" and if there is an attempt to influence by others, these people should be banned immediately, however popular and funny they may be...

I agree with you here to a certain extent gerd. Recently there has been an influx of new blood on the forums and it was starting to get a bit weird, I'd even go as far to say that it really was getting out of control. But then there is the saying, "if its not altogether broken then why try and fix it", okay I know thats not quite the saying but lets call it the Mandarin version of the original for now (with subtitles) (B/W) (1994) (rated PG13). Okay let me start over. You have a shop, lets call it Forbouys, the shop of Chris Wright. Everyone comes to Forbouys to interact with each other or to buy products. At the beginning its good and everyone loves the shop. They start to get very comfortable there and although the road is bumpy sometimes, in general they all get along with each other. But as time drags on the workers in the shop and the customers in the shop begin to divide, not entirely but they tend to stand in different sections of the shop and only interact with each other. This results in some sloppy work by the shop workers and some of the food on the shelves starts going bad, the customers see this and they start a revolt of their own, new customers enter the shop and they see the turmoil and don't know how to react. Eventually the shop starts to be completely destroyed, people throwing food at each other and breaking all the furniture, breaking the foundation if you will. So the manager calls together his employees and instead of trying to clean up the shop and have restrictions on its clientele, they decide to shut down the once bustling store, the dedicated customers that once kept certain aspects of the shop running are now left outside in the cold, starving. They feel abandoned and betrayed by the ones they once looked up to. The new customers are also outside and they don't know what just happened, they are all saying things like "man, we were just inside that shop for 10 minutes but wasn't that fucking crazy?" "did you see the bald guy with the glasses? he was frickin fuming!"; they are not sure what to do next. They look to the old regular customers for answers; but they are too busy banging on the Forbouys door trying to get back into the shop they once loved. We all have a part to play in getting this shop back to its former glory but none of us want to take on a second job. Lets clean it up and keep the shelves stacked with the finest foods this time around. But first Mr Wright has to turn that key. Chris, you have to do whats right here.

By the way, you should have let me mod off-topic ages ago, none of us would be in this mess.

I voted yes. A lot of shit posted on OT -- but it certainly beat the stale, "OT-lite" News forum in terms of humor and discussion, IMO.

In the end, Admin/bosses have a right to do what they wish with the site. This ain't a publicly traded company or democratic institution with stakeholders -- users of this forum either derive value from the site or they're free to go elsewhere.

As for the vocal minority lobbying to get OT back, these people are truly bent, deriving way too much meaning in their lives from posting 24/7 in OT. You can tell they're just depressed as hell, with no other means of channelling their nervous energy. (GG no doubt is smoking again).

At the same time, these freaks are what make the site unique. They're a testiment to the community (I don't know what that means). And, they've been punished enough, mods. Let's all just light up -- I mean, lighten up, and bring OT back.

[Cue the Marley audio...]

"Let's get together and feel alright...One love..."

When Chris opens back up the shop with new rules and dresscode requirements. I should also Mod off-topic, any one clearly acting the billygoat (new word to replace assclown) would be out on their feckin arse.

Siriso you have a great point but I don't smoke crack. How dare you. Crack is by no means my drug of choice.

No offence GG, but I dont see you modding anything on this site, ever. :)

Best you can manage is the nice "edit" button to the side of your own posts. Mod yourself all you want though, if it gives you the feeling of grandeur you so desire! ;)

There are 28,012 evo-web members.
There are 26 evo-web Admin/mods.
That's 1 mod for every 1077 members.
I ask the mods this,
Can you account for every one of your 1077 members? They're YOUR responsibility. It's about time you looked after them I feel.

They may be our responsibility and seeing as though you've gone to the trouble of doing some working out I may as well keep the maths theme going. Out of those 1077 members per mod, about 10 of them, or 0.00928% may cause trouble. Now this number (or percentage) is quite manageable and if you tak into account that out of those 1077 per mod, maybe about 20 of them are even online at one time, and that would mean that we would still have 20 X 26 (more nice numbers) on at one time, which is 520 members. Now I dont have the exact figures or the highest members online at one time count, but thats pretty high and probably unlikely. Now you have to consider that the 0.00928% is of the 1077, so reduce the 1077 down to 20 and you get ratio of 1/53rd of the toal load. so the possibility of them causing trouble at one time will be 1/53rd of that when all ten are online, and thus, pretty small. :D

gunnerglory said:
Siriso you have a great point but I don't smoke crack. How dare you. Crack is by no means my drug of choice.

GG, I never said crack, that was joost. I meant you no doubt were smokin' the fags again.

I value your comedic brilliance. I'm only sorry you had to associate yourself with the dregs of society -- Danwin and Joost in particular -- which contributed to the downfall of OT ;)

gunnerglory said:
By the way, you should have let me mod off-topic ages ago, none of us would be in this mess.[/size][/font]

That's an idea that appeals to me...why not let GG try it.

And the thing that really is important to me at this moment: do you guys also think that Johnny Cash' version of "One" is better than the original by U2???

Gerd posting as Stan...

Stan said:
That's an idea that appeals to me...why not let GG try it.

And the thing that really is important to me at this moment: do you guys also think that Johnny Cash' version of "One" is better than the original by U2???

Gerd posting as Stan...

Miles better, along with every other brilliant cover he's done. GG can do the job, he loves off-topic enough to mod it.

Danwin, love your quote. If memory serves, it was from an OT discussion about the U.S. elections and Iraq. At that time, you and your cohorts defended Saddam and his tyrannical regime, calling the war illegal. You had no problem denying millions of Iraqis their freedom.

Meanwhile, the mods shut down OT -- which they have every right to do so -- and many around here shouted "Dictatorship" and "Hitler-esqe."

Ah, the good ole days of OT...

BTW, GG as mod of a re-instated OT would be an interesting experiment. We could study him, like a lab rat, insult him here and there (in friendly jest) and observe how joining the "establishment" changed his character. Imagine GG becoming a hard-ass and having to ban people. Or, perhaps OT would blossom into one-hell of an entertaining, must-visit forum.

Siroco said:
Danwin, love your quote. If memory serves, it was from an OT discussion about the U.S. elections and Iraq. At that time, you and your cohorts defended Saddam and his tyrannical regime, calling the war illegal. You had no problem denying millions of Iraqis their freedom.

Meanwhile, the mods shut down OT -- which they have every right to do so -- and many around here shouted "Dictatorship" and "Hitler-esqe."

Ah, the good ole days of OT...

BTW, GG as mod of a re-instated OT would be an interesting experiment. We could study him, like a lab rat, insult him here and there (in friendly jest) and observe how joining the "establishment" changed his character. Imagine GG becoming a hard-ass and having to ban people. Or, perhaps OT would blossom into one-hell of an entertaining, must-visit forum.

Yes it is, I cherish the memories but this isn't the place. One day in the near future we may be able to have discussions about non Winning Eleven topics again. We can but hope.

Last edited:
I just thought I would pop back into OT and see what we were really missing, after all, the amount of fuss over this must be for something "good".

Now let me see, ahh yes we mustn't forget the ever entertaining...(I'll make comments when required)

Obesity: Passive victims or fat, lazy, good for nothing scum? (Alas it was posted to late to get any responses but surely an attempt to just post pictures of fat people)

Poll: Juventus11 or A slow and painfull death? (Err whatever)

CWright and his customers (Another attempt to be big and clever by once again relating things back to Chris' "real" life. It's like when a 10 year old calls a teacher by his/her real name instead of Sir/Miss)

Poll: Tea or Coffee? (Hmmmm)

The erotic world of tights,feet and shoes.

Grim uncovered (WEEK TWO)

Poll: Gunner Glory or Grim (self worship thread)

ARSE READING? (Perhaps an attempt to be able to post pics of arses?)

Poll: You get to spend a day - CWright or Babs? (A chance to make up scenarios about their lives/areas)

CloseUp Pictures of dicks - Enter at own risk & Pictures of cocks and knobs - enter at own risk (this one was so obviously "good" we needed 2 threads :rolleyes: )

Poll: Sun or The Moon?

So as you can see, a collection of great stuff there :rolleyes:

I agree there were "some" good threads however there was too much of the above which drove people away. Others topics now fit directly into the new forums. My question to GG and the rest is whether you could stop posting these threads which consist of complete horseshit most of the time?? I doubt you could because there is only so much geniune off topic stuff you can talk about before you drop back into the cuckoo land that it was before.

Last edited:
ReActor said:
I agree there were "some" good threads however there was too much of the above which drove people away. Others topics now fit directly into the new forums. My question to GG and the rest is whether you could stop posting these threads which consist of complete horseshit most of the time?? I doubt you could because there is only so much geniune off topic stuff you can talk about before you drop back into the cuckoo land that it was before.

I agree with you reactor, but since we both seem to think that GG plays a role (although a minor) in the deterioration (difficult word for a non-English speaker, if i spelled it wrong...sorry): give him the responsability to moderate it.

I think this wil prove once again that great guerilla fighters turn out to be bad rulers and quickly become dictators...i wonder how the disciples who always cry about undemocratic mods would react then...

But of course i could be wrong, just give him a chance...you must admit that from time to time he was very good and like i already said...the problem is with the would-be-joostebroods-GG's-and Calneva's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom