1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Off Topic Comes Back or Not? (Officially CWright Approved)

Discussion in 'The Site' started by gunnerglory, 14 February 2005.

Off Topic to come back or not?

1. Yeah Bring it Back

63.5%
  2. Nah dont bring off-topic back

36.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Ok people of Evo-Web. Our brave noble leader CWright has allowed me to post a poll regarding off-topic after using a few military tactics on him from my days in the Vietcong jungle battling gooks. Here first is the proof:

Dermot says:

Oh, so you've decided to show your face. I'm ready for this now

CW says:

jeez

Dermot says:

bring back off topic you bastard

CW says:

a stunning, reasoned argument u have there. ok

Dermot says:

Right

Dermot says:

Glad thats settled

CW says:

i am, of course, joking

Dermot says:

Your a miserable bastard, what kind of trip are you on, bring it back

CW says:

i bet i am the only one u ever discuss this with arent i?

Dermot says:

Its that other bastard KEZZ and fathead babs I friggin know it, just cause they want to talk about their WE and their broken super computers plugged into their arses, everyone else has to suffer

Dermot says:

MISERABLE HEATHENS

CW says:

i will allow u to start a poll in the current affairs thread, should ot return. state that i have allowed it or it will be closed immediately

Dermot says:

Okay I'll paste this, and I'm making it public

CW says:

no, better in site comments

Dermot says:

Then we'll really see who wants it back and who doesn't

Dermot says:

Okay

OKAY NOW, WHO WANTS OFF TOPIC BACK AND WHO DOESN'T?

2. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

I FUCKING WANT IT, We have lost many members, I say bring it back.

FORZA OFF TOPIC.

3. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    Yes please, it's been really dull on this site without it. I have also noticed elite members have been allowed to talk off-topic in the news and current affairs forum. This disturbs me somewhat, I cry at night thinking about this. Please Chris, make evo-web great again. PLEASE!!!

4. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    bring it back, its funny

5. Oli

Oli Gooner

1 September 2002
    London
    Arsenal
    Nah dont bother

6. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    For the record I dont think that OT should return but I think that the people who visit the site should have some say on what gets posted here, hence tonights poll

7. smango

smango Guest

Bring it back, there needs to be somewhere to post things that don't quite fit into the other categories."man cuts of nuts" that topic is not news and more suited to off topic.

8. kel

kel Nur der HSV

7 May 2003
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hamburger SV
    CWright, you're making yourself look like a unreliable fool.

Last edited: 14 February 2005
  9. Metallica

Metallica Whoosh... Bullshit!

20 August 2003
    Pissed up in Sam Platt's
    Bring the bitch back

10. smango

smango Guest

Who the hell voted no?

11. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    Mods mainly, I'm not surprised, CWright does not look like a fool, it's not a dictatorship for fuck's sake

12. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    We need a place for OT stuff, but you guys filled it with total shit like 'Leg or Arm: YOU DECIDE'.

13. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    Shit like that should just be binned, other forums manage it, I really don't see the problem.

14. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    bring it back... I miss it! :)

But when people post sh*t threads... close it... and give the perpetrator a yellow card! :p

15. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Since its offtopic, its abit hard to distinguish between a proper offtopic post and an inproper one.

16. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    What does it matter? If members flame or really take the piss, then they should be punished.

17. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    i voted yes, OT was often funny and also had its fair amount of crappy threads, but nothing a mod couldn't fix.

18. proxi

proxi Champions League

9 February 2003
    Sheffield
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Yep, i'll back up what i said before it's closure and what many have said here.

There can be shitty, pointless threads, but bite your lips Mods and bin them if needs be! :D

Bring back OT :salute:

19. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Then when the topics are closed we get countless other topics moaning about how CW and Babs are tyrants, with loads of pictures of Hitler.

20. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    Close those topics then, just restrict it to a section in site comments... If spamming persists, ban the offending members. Same as you would in any other forum. It's not rocket science.

21. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Haha! Ban offenders? Do you realise how many times these members have already been banned? Hell, I've been banned! :D

22. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    The other option would be for everyone to lighten up and have mods set an example with quality posts. We just want to have a laugh for god's sake. ;) Life's too short.

Anyway i'm just going over things that have been said already, at the end of the day it's up to our leader... but it's quite clear that members care about off-topic, which is a credit to the site really. It's what got me posting on the site, rather than just leeching the patches. (not that this is a good thing to certain mods/admin ;) )

Last edited: 15 February 2005
  23. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Nice to see the "who voted no?" "probably just the mods" argument is back. Some people outside the staff don't like OT just as some of the staff do, can't we all just accept that?

Also, Kezz and Babs have taken flack again for no reason right at the top of this thread. Neither do anything that isn't backed up by the rest of the staff, both of them give up a lot of time to keep this place going. Kezz in particular gets a bad press but he only works within the rules we have and Evo-Web may not even be here if it wasn't for his efforts over the last few years. So please can the bitching at specific members of staff stop?

When the admins/mods (the majority of) voted to lose OT we knew what kind of backlash there'd be so don't get your hopes up for its return. Not unless you want to pay for it anyway...

Finally, as danwin said we all need to lighten up but that does mean everyone, it's hard for certain members of staff to lighten up when they keep getting insulted.

Thanks for listening, I love you all.

24. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic

Can I ask if this means that if it does get a 'yes' than members will be asked to pay money (i.e. donation) or something? Or am I reading this wrong.

I voted 'Yes' btw, although I do agree with some others about the amount of shite posted in there too, although others have mentioned how to deal with that.

FD

25. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Not entirely true and its only on re-reading this topic that I realise you said that.

There were 10 mods who voted for the removal of OT so it wasnt a vote done on the spur of the moment, it was a carefully considered decision by the whole moderating team.

From this point can we please grow up and stop blaming certain Mods for doing what is basically their job on the site

26. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Not all mods voted for 'no'.

27. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Well said mate! Couldn't have put it better myself!

28. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

Can somone tell me which Mods voted YES?
    I know Don Domenico did and IKE.

29. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Click on th number.

30. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Stunted

5 July 2004
    Coventry, UK
    I voted yes, I agree with Ike. OT had some funny stuff in it, and all the crap can just be ironed out by mods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.