Now F1 2011

Re: F1 2010

Eurogamer had a good hands-on describing the careermode which looks interesting. Don't think I'll give this a try as I can't even bring myself to watch the real thing but for the fans it sounded really good.

On the subject of a 'late' release, you have to remember that this is a licensed game and FOM are very strict about the representation of their property. When you have the F1 teams releasing their new liveries, driver uniforms etc so late in the run-up to the first race, and even the exact make-up of the teams (e.g. USF1, Hispania) not being finalised until the last minute, the devs then need time to create and implement all this new content and have it all approved by FOM. The new Korean track in this year's race calendar hasn't even finished construction in real-life yet. So the idea of an F1 game being released near the start of the season is impossible.

Plus Codemasters only secured the F1 license 2 years ago... getting a brand new next-gen franchise off the ground in under 2 years is not easy to begin with.

Anyway, here are the three dev diaries released so far:
YouTube - F1 2010 - Developer Diary Video No.1
YouTube - F1 2010â„¢ - Developer Diary Video No.2 (Extended Community Edition)
YouTube - F1 2010â„¢ - Extended Dev Diary Video No.3 (Weather)

You can also follow F1 2010's Chief Game Designer on twitter at http://twitter.com/T4RG4.

Last edited:

So looking forward to this game, ever since Formula 1 on the PSX I've loved a good F1 game, shame there has been so few :P

f101.jpg

Don't think these vids have been posted? Spa in the rain...

YouTube - F1 2010 Codemasters FULL LAP Ingame (E3)[Very Good Camera]

YouTube - F1 2010 Codemasters E3 - Ingame in rain (Best Camera)

It looks very good but I wish it had the FOM TV graphics.

Also there won't be a demo before release so I'll probably hold off until January and get GT5 and the Criterion NFS on day 1.

I'm a bit sick of the bog standard driving game with nameless drivers and random circuits.

Which is why I prefer an F1 game to say Forza.

The graphics look fantastic... :SHOCK:
I know that isn't the hardest difficulty, but it does still look like it has the age old problem of racing games of being able to overtake loads at the start and the CPU not being aggressive enough into the corners.

Still, on a hard difficulty that may be fixed and online it should be good.

I wonder if you can tell the car in front to slow down so you can overtake and win the race.........;)

OK, so, Player 2 is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Last edited:

Damn, the Ferrari going round Monaco at 2mins30, I cannot wait.

Just noticed the tyres picking up gravel, nice touch.

Anyone know if we´ll recieve orders from the boxes to let our teamate passes by us and win the race??? That´s for sure the most exciting part of this "sport" and can never be let out of any F1 game!

Anyone know if we´ll recieve orders from the boxes to let our teamate passes by us and win the race??? That´s for sure the most exciting part of this "sport" and can never be let out of any F1 game!

:D Do you get to sulk on the Podium and in the after race interview too...

This is on my rental list for sure, just wish it had Split screen full grid racing...

Back
Top Bottom