Next Gen Consoles

Might get it just for steam. Don't have a gaming PC so this might be the cheaper option for me. Good thing it can be hooked to tv :)

EDIT: I think I got it all wrong. Looks like I'll need a PC to stream Steam games to this...

Last edited:
Nvidia Shield to release in June, pre-orders go live next week
Nvidia has announced its Shield portable gaming system will be released in June and will run you $349. Pre-orders will go live on May 20via Nvidia’s website.

The Tegra 4-based handheld gaming device allows owners to play Android titles on its portable screen, or through a television. It also displays Steam games for PC on the TV as well.

Android games will be available through Nvidia’s TegraZone website and will allow users to connect to their Google Play account in order to connect with their movies, music, games and apps.

Nvidia Shield will also be sold through Newegg, GameStop, Micro Center, and Canada Computers.

Rumours floating around that the next Xbox won't be out until 2014 due to Sony and Blu-Ray. Apparently Sony have some sort of times exclusive deal with Blu ray.

Well we'll know more in a few days at the press reveal.

Apparently Forza 5 will be a launch title.

I think they're one of the people behind it but they don't own it and call the shots etc.

Microsoft to announce “tons of exclusives” at E3 next month
Microsoft is set to unveil its new Xbox console next week, but it is apparently saving some of its big software announcements for E3 as the console reveal is serving as foundation laying so to speak.

To get the hype train steaming along, Aaron Greenberg has teased “tons of exclusives” and “world premieres” for Microsoft’s E3 conference, stating the presentation will be “all about the games.”

Speaking in the latest Major Nelson podcast, Greenberg stated the firm is stretching announcements across both events.

“We’re really going to tell one story across two events,” said Greenberg. “So we’re going to start on the 21st and really that’s about revealing the next Xbox platform, really our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment. We definitely have a lot of surprises planned.

“I know everyone knows the Infinity Ward team is hard at work on world premiering the next Call of Duty: Ghosts, so we’re going to see what that looks like for the first time. People are going to get a great inside look at really the making of the new platform and the team that’s brought it to life.

“I mean, to be honest, it’s really about the team, the people here, that’s why we’re inviting people to campus, we’re going to bring them behind the scenes a little bit. We’ve never done this before and so it’s really exciting to be able to do that. But I think it’s a lot of laying the foundation, probably the best way to describe it, and then just a couple of weeks later we go to E3.”

Greenberg concluded his appearance on the podcast by stating that E3 “is all about the games,” anyway but even after the show had concluded, the firm will have “a lot to share between then and this holiday.”

Microsoft will host its E3 press conference on the Monday before E3, June 10. E3 runs June 11-13.

EA have just announced there abandoning there online passes for all new game sales due to not being popular with the consumer blah blah blah .
Conspiracy suggests other reasons with new consoles like used games not working or online always on console etc.

let's see if "deal with it" is confirmed. My guess is that Sony will reclaim the kingdom in the next gen.

Was playing Fight Night Champion the other night and it got me thinking that a next gen version would look incredible, it's now 2 years since that was released and they moved UFC/Fight Night to a bi-yearly cycle so we're more than due news on a new Fight Night.

Urge... Multiplats yet again. I don't see the point in saying hey look at these games that you can get on the other console too!

I'm expecting next gen Forza, probably something from Fable, gears or halo... They need some cool new stuff though. A reason to pick an Xbox over a PS4.

dqPebA8l.png

:LOL:

Love the new desktop system how you can swap around and go directly to the Internet browser. That's a really cool thing. Not as cool as those whooping Americans in attendance seem to think. But still cool.

Games shown so far... It's all CGI. Really poor.

Now talking about tv again.... Zzzzzzz

Yeah they laid out all the specs and then showed some games and the upload thing.

He sort of glossed over the specs at the start, I think he said 8 gig ram though so on par with ps3. It just seems to be constantly going on about "hey you can be social".

Unless they end with "oh and it comes out next month" or "oh and the price is £something really low"

I'm not going to go away from this caring much.

i thought nobody would do worse than the WiiU...but MS seems on its way to do much worse..shitty name (infinity was top notch), a design that reminds me of my old VCR (360 had a cool design) and a focus on all things i truly dislike about tv (which i hardly watch) and social shite.

microsoft is clearly going for a "box" full of crap. I just wanna play videogames. Also lack of gameplay or trailers= they are pretty behind schedule.

Back
Top Bottom