Next Gen Consoles

Will be buying an Xbox 720 for the exclusive next gen GTA 5. Not a rumor just a hunch and the reason the launch date got pushed back.
GTA game have always mattered in the console sales wars and Microsoft understand this.
You see what happens when you are under drugs :CONF:

After how poor their dlc sold due to the exclusive deal they had with Microsoft ... I can't see them doing the same mistake again. Back then 360 had a bigger install base but these days it's about the same... I can't see Microsoft offering them enough money to cover the loss of sales on ps3.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had timed dlc though.

The release in sept is current gen soon to be followed by a hi-res port on new Xbox 720 few months later. Just like most games that were released on Xbox and Xbox 360 around launch time.
Like I said just my crazy idea

The release in sept is current gen soon to be followed by a hi-res port on new Xbox 720 few months later. Just like most games that were released on Xbox and Xbox 360 around launch time.
A "crazy idea" that you're basing an entire £200+ purchase of a console on :LOL:

Will be buying an Xbox 720 for the exclusive next gen GTA 5.
TaTdV.gif

I can imagine they'll be creating a PC version, which they'll port over to the 720 and PS4. They'd be crazy not to, especially as developers are saying how easy it is to code for PS4 with it using x86 architecture.

Actually basing my decision on quality Internet and online gaming service no Japanese company is yet to provide this in the console market.
You could have said the exact same thing of all consoles until the original Xbox... Times change - online gaming and social networking are much more popular than they were a few years ago so their implementations are bound to be one of the priorities for both Sony/MS for next-gen...

You're making very lightweight predictions and assumptions, and for some reason seem intent on defending the Xbox? :II

Will be buying an Xbox 720 for the exclusive next gen GTA 5. Not a rumor just a hunch and the reason the launch date got pushed back.
GTA game have always mattered in the console sales wars and Microsoft understand this.

Man, you should write a book: "The modern Nostradamus"

It would be a best seller!

At least I am willing to stick my neck out told everyone on here that fifa and pes would suck for two years on ps3 and 360 was absolutely right with Pes sucking even longer, when ppl on this very thread posted clear FMV pics of Pes 6 on Xbox 360 of Adriano claiming to be gameplay footage ;)
Hoping with easier development this time around not to be the case for our loved soccer games but it would be a first on a new console for any sport titles not to have a sucky 2 years initially

Buy NBA 2K, then, something very terrible should happen for them to destroy the best sports videogame ever with better hardware.

Plus, this time the transition won't be as hard as it was in the past, because development tools are very similar to those of the current generation, and even easier considering both PS4 and xBox will be working on DirectX11/Open GL mainframes.

I think it will be easier for developers to quickly get to terms with the new hardware.

Just read that article and wow, it seems MS don't want to succeed.

I'm all for buying a new Xbox if it's a good deal and has good tech but there's nothing there drawing me in. The full reveal will be very interesting though.

So, admittedly from a lot of rumours, what we have is a new MS console that is more expensive than PS4, expected to be less powerful, require an online connection to play offline games (my router plays up a lot and local Internet goes down on occasion, rendering this new console unusable) and I can't buy second hand games or sell my own. Oh, and my hard drive will fill up rapidly because every game disc will need to be installed before rendering the disc unusable.

Sony on the other hand seem to be offering a cheaper console, maybe more powerful, can play offline, seems like we can use second hand games on it, and no bizarre mission impossible style self destructing install discs.

This will be very interesting. Surely MS can see this coming unless they're about to pull something amazing out of the bag?

I reckon they will give you a free pen or something with the xbox, it will have to be something that good to get everybody buying it over the playstation.

I was watching a video with Michael patcher on it and he talks about a possibility that in America you'd be able to pick up the new Xbox for around $100 providing you sign up to a cable provider for 2 years or so. The idea being that Comcast will see a potential to expand and start laying fire optic everywhere they can because they'd be in your home via the new Xbox. Therefore this problem with always being online won't be as much of an issue and you get the new console cheap.

If PS4 has any kind of PS3 game support, whether that be retail PS3 disks or some kind of subscription streaming I'll almost certainly switch from MS to Sony this time.

Although these are only rumour's, There must be some truth in it some where and i can't say thus far i'm excited by anything that's been rumoured with microsoft, i'm more for playstation currently but we shall see what they announce and i hope for the best of microsoft they don't focus hard on kinect as i'll be out by then.

the real issue is that the "always on line" means they will block second hand games, lock new games to x number of consoles, establish a zillion way to make u pay for different game modes (multiplayer, on line, extra content). all the things which i personally find annoying as i want a game box not a fucking slot machine.

3rd world is screwed with this next gen stuff, once again.
I just have to decide which overpriced system to get, without enjoying some major parts of it, specially online.

If "Always online" really means "Online only", then I'll buy a PS4 just to make a stand.

LOL well done!

Must admit I'm not really fussed about always on internet (my 360 is always online when I'm playing it), nor really fussed about 2nd hand games being blocked, I almost never buy games second hand. I should add however that I don't agree in general with either of the "features" though, even if they don't affect me there's no way people should have to be online to play their games nor should they be unable to sell something on if they choose to do so, should be a basic consumer right IMO.

LOL well done!

Must admit I'm not really fussed about always on internet (my 360 is always online when I'm playing it), nor really fussed about 2nd hand games being blocked, I almost never buy games second hand. I should add however that I don't agree in general with either of the "features" though, even if they don't affect me there's no way people should have to be online to play their games nor should they be unable to sell something on if they choose to do so, should be a basic consumer right IMO.

It should be a basic consumer right as you say. I personally have pretty good internet but do occasionally have issues with the router (where it needs a restart etc) and occasionally there are local internet issues in the local area. I can see it now, just about to score the winning goal or about to finish off a boss battle when the internet momentarily drops off and the screen freezes with an internet troubleshooter (which is rumoured to happen if the net drops off mid-game). This, I can cope with online, but offline, nah. It's not uncommon for example to have issues with EA's servers in games like BF3, where myself and my mates all can't connect to EA's servers due to issues at their end. I bet we'd end up with stuff like that going on.

Plus, it'll be interesting how much emphasis they put on Kinect. I couldn't care less about it, so if it becomes integral then I'm not going to like that either.

Last edited:
Not that I'm in the market for either console, nor do I give a shit about Microsoft or Sony but "always on" is stupid and I'd be going PS4 all the way in light of that decision.

Like LT above, I get regular drops of my connection. I wouldn't be best pleased if my single player offline gaming was affected because of a need to be always online.

Back
Top Bottom