Newcastle United thread

Stuart said:
Southgate better than Woodgate. ROFL - now thats made my day. Good one Boro

I'll keep saying it then to cheer you up every day then ;)

Is it true you guys are getting Carr? Just ive never really rated him as a top notch player and i thought you could afford better.

First of all although Newcastle are my favourite English team i also am very fond of Boro (unimagable for you guys i guess) and although i don't care about Sunderland, i have nothing against them.

You guys are all biassed because of your mutual rivalry (or should i say hatred).

I think for the moment Woodgate is maybe better than Southgate but overall Southgate had a pretty impressive career without winning much, but throphees are not all in football players career...(quite a few players who were champion with Arsenal, but never played will envy Southgate).
Off course Shearer is one of the best English forwards ever, and that he choose for his favourite club instead of Man Utd proves that he is a real football addict: he choose his dream team over a dream team.
About Kluivert, i'm not sure that this is the player Newcastle need. Maybe het wants to take revenge after his failure last season (Barcelona and the Dutch national team). But again Newcastle are buying a player with lots of off the field problems...This is becoming a pattern in Newcastle: Bowyer, Woodgate, Bellamy, Dyer, Kluivert...
Well i'm still disappointed that Solano went away that was my favourite player (and am i right if i say that Villa started playing well since Solano joined them???).

Boro - one of my m8s ages ago (supports Tottenham) said - "Stephen Carr is the best right back in the premiership" And i lauged my arse off. but since he said that, everytime i have watched him play he has been supurb. And i'd love to see him join m8. BUT.......on skysports news 30 mins ago we put in a new bid for Miguel, and at this monent in time Miguel is a better player :)

Is Carr available on a free transfer?
Good luck with Miguel mind mate, i saw him in the Euros and thought he was quite good - muh better than the pile of rubbish chelsea have just bought (that Ferrari lad)

18 days to go :D

Yeah, Paolo Ferreira proved how intensely shit he was last season when Porto crashed out of the Champions League at the first knockout stage after Ferreira scored 5 own-goals.

* STU'S NEWS FLASH* lol

CARR TO JOIN NEWCASTLE.

Tottenham and Newcastle have agreed a fee of around 2mil for the Irish International full back. Carr will agree personal terms and undergo a medical at SJP on Wednesday. I am so chuffed. - at the start of the season i said we need a class full back and now we have one. Plus a striker (Kluivert) right winger (Milner) and a defensive midfielder (Butt) :):):) I just have a feeling this will be a great season for Newcastle.

Cant believe you lot have nabbed him for 2 mill, shocking price, i bet he's 20 times better this season than he was last year as well.

Wow. I actually think Newcastle have had the best summer in the transfer market. Butt, Milner, Kluivert, and now Carr?? wow thats an amazing bunch of players.

cal-neva said:
Wow. I actually think Newcastle have had the best summer in the transfer market. Butt, Milner, Kluivert, and now Carr?? wow thats an amazing bunch of players.

Got to agree, can see you guys maybe sneaking into the Top 3 this season.

MarkD said:
cal-neva said:

Got to agree, can see you guys maybe sneaking into the Top 3 this season.
yeah m8, this season man u seem to finish 5th ;) ...

if robson plays bellamy,shearer and kluivert up front as a 3 that will be one of the best strike forces the premiership has seen..

he's a very very good player
he should be in french squad now that lizarazu retired from internationals

Stuart said:
yeah i agree with you lot. One player i think is awesome - Olivier Bernard. What are everyone else's opinions of him???

I'm sorry mate, but in my op Bernard is an average player... should you get Ball you'd become an amazing team...though i'd never have sent Hugo Viana back in Portugal...

yes but sometimes he lacks concentration...
instead of buying carr, i'd have tried to get a left back, cos Hughes in my op is a very good player

yeap i agree he needs a little bit more consistency in his game

hughes is good and versatile def but i really think they need to buy some defenders either its centre or full backs, they're really short of backups after dabizas and griffin go

The League have said it has to go ahead, but apparently Newcastle are trying to get the PFA to intervene and get it postponed. Can't see it working, TBH.

foxrocks said:
The League have said it has to go ahead, but apparently Newcastle are trying to get the PFA to intervene and get it postponed. Can't see it working, TBH.

Fingers crossed it doesnt get postponed, they've got injuries so what everyone gets them. We got fucked over by the FA when we postponed our game in 97, so we know the rules inside out on postponements and if its gets called off theres talk to legal action against the FA.

There's a rumour going around about Shearer to United. I doubt it's true, but I just thought I'd post it in case it does come true so I can claim to have good sources.

hutch said:
There's a rumour going around about Shearer to United. I doubt it's true, but I just thought I'd post it in case it does come true so I can claim to have good sources.

That is the most ridiculous rumour I have ever heard, no wonder you are a pleb

Back
Top Bottom