Newcastle United thread

If we can get King in i'd be cuffed. We really need to get a commanding centre back in as soon as possible. I see Gallas as more likely to leave though with the arrivals of carvalho and ferriera.

WTF is Robert's problem? I don't think I've ever seen Redknap get pissed off before.
Do you guys think that Kulivert forgot how to play football? :(

well...

hopefully i didn't join in too late..

i'm a Toon fan from Singapore..all the way down East...haha..been supporting them since 1996....so yeah...

and all the talk about Boro beating us on the 18th of Oct.....let's make sure they don't call off the game for some unknown reasons like last season first...before we talk!!

haha..

oh yeah Stuart...

hopefully Newcastle wins it...

i sympathise with Norwich..unlucky to lose to Man Utd(if only they had more players with Premiership experience...)....but i cant bear to see my belvoed Magpies losing this one...furthermore a 2nd loss at home..not to mention..consecutively in a period of 4 days and also after all these turmoil?

NOOOOOO!!!!!

hah..but well..to add on the transfer speculation....
i'd like to throw in a name into the hat..

Daniel Van Buyten....

He's good....cheap if i'm not wrong(3mil quid if i remember rightly...Marseille askin Man.C for tt price...)......and he's quite young...younger than Hyypia n Kuffour.....

only thing is that i'm noty sure if he's still in Marseille....friends tell me he's moved..

what do you guys think?

Think Bouma is a world class defender, would be a great replacement 4 woody cos he's also a leader...

Talksport just said Newcastle have bid 20million for Rooney :shock:

Stuart said:
does anyone think that Everton would let Yobo go?

Yes they could let him go for 4m more or less
anyway I don't think yobo would fill woodgate's gap, he's an average defender, but wilfred bouma and michael dawson are far better, though kinnear has already said that dawson won't leave forest...

A question stuart: before the start of the season, I predicted newcastle as the new champions... is it all over now or do you still believe? (don't answer looking at the table, you're only 5 points from the top)

umm, i would'nt say its all over m8, because like you said we are only 5 points from the top and only 2 games have been played. But - Arsenal and Chelsea will be far too good for us this season, so i still predict a top 5 finish - either 3rd,4th or 5th.

*STU'S NEWS FLASH* lol

The futures bright....the futures black and white

Here we go lads - some promosing news from the fat man hisself...no - not Titus Bramble, the Newcastle chairman freedy shepherd (fat fred) on the rumours of Rooney coming to Newcastle. Could it be a Roon Landing? or has bobby made a looney rooney bid?

sorry, i just love writing puns. Any way here it is:

So, just as we chortled at the Woodgate Madrid links a matter of days ago - before it came to pass - then it seems that we should take seriously the Wayne Rooney for Newcastle story that caused raised eyebrows on Saturday when it resurfaced.

The Chronicle on Monday featured a front page with "Roon Bid is on" and expanded on the back page claiming Merseyside sources were expecting a bid to be lodged with Everton from Newcastle this week.

No fee was mentioned but, guess who, Skysportsnews then ran a story claiming that we had tabled a £20m bid for Rooney.

Newcastle Chairman Freddy Shepherd was quoted at the weekend as follows:

"I'm not going to say too much at this stage but I think the fans will be pleasantly surprised at what results from the Woodgate deal.

"We didn't go into the Woodgate transfer without a long-term plan. All will be revealed soon."

Reading that again, the words defender or replacement never actually appear.

While undoubtedly making good copy for the paper, there are more questions than answers on this one, ranging from:

The fee payable and whether we could afford it, given that we have a need to spend money on other areas.

The fact that any one of another half-dozen clubs would presumably be equally as attractive to the player.

The fact that we have other strikers on the books but are seriously lacking in the defensive department.

The fact that he's had some injury issues and off-field problems making him a regular target for the papers.

With reference to the second point, this is what The Manchester Evening News wrote on Monday:

But United, confident that Rooney wants to join them, are prepared to wait until the Merseyside club gets twitchy about losing him for a nominal fee once his contract expires in two years' time.

"We could go out tomorrow and borrow the money to buy Wayne Rooney for £30-40m but it is bad business to end up with long-term debt for a short-term asset such as a player," said Chief Executive David Gill

Ive been on holiday the last two weeks and its gone mad up at newcastle. I got in last night and was watching sky sports news when a news flash came up about the rooney story for 20 mill being rejected. Madness.

I got the paper like everyday just for the sport and any new news on newcastle. Rooney would be a good idea if not for the fact we have 4 other strikers who will want to play. I think we should go for wilfred bouma as he is an excellent defender. Strong and very fast with some good confidence and ability. A good replacement and we would have plenty of money left over for any other future buys. I wouldn't mind getting huth aswell as a backup youngster as he has looked pretty good and hes very tall. But we definetly need a top player like Bouma first though.

I wonder though, if you get Rooney for around 25million will you have the funds to go out and buy two top class centre backs?

i hear rumours that Bellamy if off to Spurs and Jenas is off to Liverpool

I dont beleive Jenas but if you get Rooney there may be some truth in Bellamy

I doubt it was a publicity stunt as who else has lodged a bid. Man u have to many top class strikers (something you could say about us, but with shearer going and with us only having a one year contract with kliuvert) chealsea has plenty of money but too many strikers. I doubt liverpool have enough money. So theres not many clubs who could possibly get him at this time. I doubt he would go abroad yet as hes still pretty young. So i don't think it was a publicity stunt and maybe a higher bid will be put forward.

But i must admit i would prefer to see the money put on a top class defender such as bouma. Then maybe in the january window go for rooney if kluivert hasn't been performing as at the moment hes a bit rusty.

Back
Top Bottom