Newcastle United thread

yep. But i got to admit, i would rather be in Div 1 than in Europe. Sunderland are such a better team than us.

now now stu son, dont get wound up just becuase your in the UEFA cup, i mean its a great cup to be in

your chairmen on the other hand called it the losers cup a few months back, so according to the chairman you are in the losers cup next year

The Futures bright...

Mido claims Magpies move

Mido has been in talks about a move to Newcastle
Marseille striker Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam claims he is on the verge of a move to Newcastle United.
The Egyptian forward, 21, who is known as Mido, has reportedly already met with officials at St James' Park and is keen to move to the Premiership.

A statement on an Egyptian football website said: "I've reached agreement with the prestigious club of Newcastle.

"The management of the club are in talks with Marseille with a view to securing an agreement."

mido hmmmmmmmm

another tempremental foreigner :roll:

Magpies eye swap for Euro 2004 star

12:43 June, 23, 2004

Sir Bobby Robson has offered Hugo Viana as bait to capture Portugal full-back Miguel

Benfica, Miguel’s club, were made aware of Newcastle’s interest before the start of Euro 2004. Robson was not keen on Benfica’s demands for a 13 million euro (£9.5 million) fee however, a price inflated by Porto defender Paulo Ferreira’s recent £13 million switch to Chelsea.

Newcastle have now made a formal bid, offering Viana plus 6 million euros (£4 million) for the right-back, who has shone since replacing Ferreira in the Portugal side.

Viana is desperate to leave St James’ Park to get first-team action and would be happy to return to Lisbon two years after leaving Sporting for £8.5 million.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :) :)

I just hope that we actually buy some players this season that are worth there value in money. If we don't buy anyone we gonna find ourselves out of champions league contention. Theres the big three (arsenal, chelsea and man u) liverpool are adding to there squad and have got a new manager. Aston villa were extremely good last year and i can see them improving and we only just managed to hold onto the uefa cup spot. So we really need to buy someone especially in defence and up front as the replacement for shearer. I wouldn't mind a new left midfield player as robert is getting on and is very inconsistant and tries to many long shots.

We could find ourselves in 6th spot if we dont buy anyone.

Lads - Milner is now going to St James' Park today to take a medical. For a deal around 3.2million, plus and extra 1.8million based on appearances. AND...Butt has chosen to join Newcastle as well, and he also WILL take a medical next week when Freddy Shepherd is back from his Golfing Holiday.

And also - Danny Mills has rejected the chance to go to the smoggies, and apparantly has told his agent he definately wants to join us.

you've got a good signing in mills, definately one to watch out for
and butt would be a good signing maybe as a replacement for Speed, who to be fair still does a cracking job for you in the DM kinda role

but mills!?!
i know your defence needs a player or two, but MILLS! :shock:
i thought you were after miguel

Stuart said:
And also - Danny Mills has rejected the chance to go to the smoggies, and apparantly has told his agent he definately wants to join us.

We dont want him. He's a money grabbing selfish git.

Seriously Stu, he's a backstabbing sod. Im hope for your sake that you dont get him and you isgn this Miguel guy. Although i would love to wind him up on the first day of the season :mrgreen:

Mills is a tit. Like him as a player though.

Good news about Milner and Butt. especially Butt, we havent had a proepr DM for a few year now.

Personally, I'd love us to sign Miguel or Melchiot.

broonalegeordie said:

He was good until January when he got fed up because we didnt sign him in the Jan transfer window. Then he stopped caring, stopped playing for a contract, lost the ball too often and didnt track back. Keep away if possible!

Boro said:
broonalegeordie said:

He was good until January when he got fed up because we didnt sign him in the Jan transfer window. Then he stopped caring, stopped playing for a contract, lost the ball too often and didnt track back. Keep away if possible!

lol ok!

i reckon Dyer would make a canny right back... as we now will have too many midfielders!

Theyre spillin that Kluivert talk on teletext too, so there may just be something in it ;)

loz said:
Theyre spillin that Kluivert talk on teletext too, so there may just be something in it ;)

Kluivert "I want to move to a small ambitious club"
Then he starts talking to Newcastle. Makes sense to me :mrgreen: ;)

Only joking fellas, although i think you could do better than a drinking ex-con moody striker.

Me to. I would love to see kluivert at newcastle. But im not too sure about butt though. I mean his a good player but where will we play him with the addition of milner. Hes already like 29 years old. Really there could be a better option that would last longer. How much money are man u actually asking for him anyway.

The player i really want to see at newcastle is Miguel. He was fantastic for portugal and i bet abramovic wished he had used his money on him instead of ferraira. Miguel was great going forward. Imagine him and bernard going down the flanks next season putting in crosses to shearer and kluivert. Brilliant.

But we better buy one or the other and not some chearper version that doesn't do the job.

I think the signing of Butt signals the end of Speeds Newcastle career, so thats where he's gona be played!

Theres been more rumours about speed leaving newcastle. Supposedly, he's going to fulham since they have gotten rid of sean davis. So this mean that we are going to be getting butt and getting rid off speed. I suppose this is a good move but its kinda sad to see speed leaving if he is, as hes been a newcastle player for a long time now.

LADS - FUNNY NEWCASTLE TRAINING PICS:

ps4.jpg

ps5.jpg

smogs.jpg

ps1.gif

ps3.jpg

ps2.jpg

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom