NBA Thread

Mane, I have key injuries on the final game of the fantasy season, total regular season domination for this. I hope not, not for the real Warriors as well.

My team collapsed during the last part of the season. They just crumpled under pressure and fell to 3rd seed and was quickly and effectively swept away. Sadly, I believe that will happen with my Raptors as well...

Our season is over but were on the right track, however we must get the roster right this summer.

I'm getting raped in the final. Forgot to set my lineup on Monday. Didn't think it would set me back as much as it has. Oh well. Congrats bud!

That little Cruzeiro bastard has put together a superb fantasy team this season. Parabéns cara, finalmente você ganha alguma porra ahahah Well done.
I just hope my Durant boy get his shit together next year! What a frustrating year it was for me this time around!

I'm getting raped in the final. Forgot to set my lineup on Monday. Didn't think it would set me back as much as it has. Oh well. Congrats bud!

I think I've might have lost if you have not forget, like I said before I had key injuries and players going downhill right at the end. But anyway I think I deserved it, after the great regular season I had.

That little Cruzeiro bastard has put together a superb fantasy team this season. Parabéns cara, finalmente você ganha alguma porra ahahah Well done.
I just hope my Durant boy get his shit together next year! What a frustrating year it was for me this time around!

:COOL: Hahhaha I'm finally here on the winning side, and it feels good, thanks!

My secret was the draft, I manage to get a lot of players I wanted and most importantly my guys stayed healthy-ish all season.

Maybe. I'm ready for the real playoffs to start. I expect them to be real good this years.Can't wait for Silver to cut down the season to 70 games. It will eliminate back to backs and keep players fresher.

Yes, 82 games is just so boring, at a certain point you lose your interest for the league, which is crazy.

They should copy our beloved game of football to be honest, I dream of 58 games, each team play the other 2 times and that's it. TV could have NBA nights, I think it works better than having games every single day.

I dont even care if they kept conferences and not open seeding if there was 58 games, but a perfect season would be 58, without conferences and open seeding 1vs16 2vs15 and so on.

Make NBA cups for draft picks too, a kind of losers playoff, expand the league to 32, give Seattle a team and some other city, then make 17vs32 18vs31 playoffs for draft picks, that would be awesome.

Think outside the box Adam Silver!

Agree. I stopped watching a lot of basketball after the All Star break as I was just burnt out. I didn`t even watch a lot of March Madness. Maybe 2 or 3 games at most. Just checked the box scores and 2 min game highlights.

Playoff for draft picks is not good as draft picks is to help give young promising players to teams that are bad and hope to balance the league. But having these playoffs, then it will only help the middle teams and the lower teams will continue to suck. Unless you made it that the loser gets high pick, but then that'd not be good as people will try to lose....

But i do agree that the season is a bit too long...They try too hard to create divisional rivalries and such

Yea I get the original intentions of draft picks, but don't see them making that much of a difference unless its a huge prospect.
Teams have been bad for years and years, they are getting high lottery picks and not getting out of that hole, trust me Golden State was like this.

The thing is a rookie player can't suddenly make a team start winning unless you are a truly great young gun, LeBron took years to actually make a difference, and he still felt the need to leave to Miami.
An already average team can use a prospect way better than a tanking one.

The cap rules restrict super teams already, getting the good rookies on mid table teams would be great for the league in my opinion, that's what would really move the balance more frequently than the current way.

Thinking long term it might be scary, you have a point there. Because imagine if you are the 76ers now, you have a bad team and you would probably never win the losers playoff, but they have one key thing, the cap space.

Now they are saving that cap space for who knows when? Probably when they feel they got the prospects they want and go after free agents.
But on that new system saving cap space would not make sense, teams would have to spend money to improve, which is what actually improve teams nowadays already and what the league wants in the end. The teams will have to make truly bold moves to improve.

Golden State only started winning when they made moves on the free agent market and trades. We are 'young' now, but don't forget guys like Monta, David Lee, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and most recently Iguodala and Bogut were key for us to get where we are now, they sort of were the foundation for the young guys to improve. We spent a lot of money on those guys, we improved thanks to the competence of long planning and money, if the owner didn't throw money on the team we'd still be tanking and developing young players for other teams.

Lets be honest here, achieving balance between 30 teams is a pipe dream. There are not that many difference makers in basketball, I rather have 10-12 great teams and the rest of sucky ones, than 2-4 and a bunch of average which is what we do today.

Anybody else think we need two keepers for next year as opposed to just one? It would seem more like "your team"

I see what you're saying sauce, but you also have to count into the equation the bigger market teams like LA, New York and Boston. Those are the teams that grabs stars as they are the big markets. That doesn't always mean they're good or will turn out to be the best, but it affects where Free Agents go as if you have to choose, you'd rather be in LA than be in Philly. Or New York compared to Charlotte.

Yes while it is impossible to balance all the teams and they do need to change this "tanking mentality" that all poor teams have, they need a way to spread talent. Having Lebron and his super pals didn't help the league at all as well. Think of the glory days of the NBA when almost each team had an all-star, had game changers and competitors who just didn't want a ring, but they wanted to earn it and be the one to win it. Yes, it took time for the Bulls to add supplementary players to Jordan to help him win, but just think of what would happen if the worst teams kept on being horrible. Their fans would lose interest and the league would just get smaller and smaller.

I'm fine with one keeper, I'll keep CP3, the rest can go away.

Anybody else think we need two keepers for next year as opposed to just one? It would seem more like "your team"

I wouldn't be opposed. As matter of fact, I always try to regroup the band ever since we started this league. For instance, having Durant as keeper I always select Kyrie in the first roung and go on building around them.

I wouldn't be opposed. As matter of fact, I always try to regroup the band ever since we started this league. For instance, having Durant as keeper I always select Kyrie in the first roung and go on building around them.

Aye. We'll do a poll in October before the draft. There are some good match ups in the 1st Rd this year. Should be exciting. For some reason I'm not sold on Atlanta. I haven't watched them much this year so I really don't know what to expect

Are we listening to the heart? Mine says:

MVP: Curry
CoY: Kerr
MIP: Klay
DPoY: Bogut
6th Man: Livingston
RoY: Embiid
Surprise: H.Barnes
Best in the West: Warriors
Best in the East: 76ers
Champion: Warriors in 4

:SMUG:

Reason says:

MVP: LeBron
CoY: Blatt
MIP: Drummond
DPoY: Noah
6th Man: Ryan Anderson
RoY: Jabari
Surprise: Pelicans
Best in the West: Spurs
Best in the East: Cavaliers
Champion: Spurs

Ever heard that song?

YouTube - Roxette - Listen To Your Heart

That's why you never won the Predicts game. "Listen to your heart when he's calling for you!"

I'm not sold on Atlanta. I haven't watched them much this year so I really don't know what to expect

Neither I. Gladly for Atlanta the Pacers are out which is a pity since Indiana would have given them a hell of a matchup. That said, the Hawks should go through although it won't be as easy as some people think.

A season to remember. :(
YouTube - @World_Wide_Wob's 'One Shining Moment'- 2014-2015 New York Knicks

Last edited:
I'm very happy that HAwks should win their first round as they are a team that can be beaten by the Raptors!! I really do hope that the Raptors can finally be in the Eastern Conference Finals after that heart-break miss by Carter against Iverson...I can still see that miss in my head...

I think eastern conference defenses will have a tough time finding the Hawks jumpers, their ball movement is that good.

If their shots are falling, they will roll to the conference finals, and Cavs defense will struggle too.

I would not be surprised if they go the big final.

Last edited:
I did watch many of Hawks game and they have amazing TEAM , but they do miss a big players , they suck at rebounds was suprised they didn't go for one.

I'm afraid this will cost them in playoffs , other than that they are amazing team to watch play so fast and they "counter" its very fast that kills other teams.

but I remember them losing vs Memphis and Gasol/their team having so many rebounds after many misses :/

I hope Hawks win it this year , Let's go Hawks

Things I took in from the first couple games.

The Raps are getting dominated in the paint. If they don`t fix that interior defense I think it will be the Wiz in 5.

Nothing you can do to GS if Curry and Klay are shooting lights out

Cavs and Hawks look really good despite the fact they are playing mediocre teams

Best I`ve seen Dwight look since 2009. If the guy plays with fire and passion Houston will be in the WCF, maybe in even the final. I`ll take a great big man over a great little man any day of the week.

Looking forward to watching that Iverson documentary as he was one of my fav players in the early 2000`s. I`m no longer a 13 yr old kid so I look at him differently now and start to understand why he didn`t succeed. His attitude and work ethic off the court was terrible.

Last edited:
Steph Curry with the shot boy!

I almost gave up on that game but it was worth staying up late.

Curry still gets bothered by lengthy defenders smothering him, but honestly which point guard would not.

Pelicans are easily switching Davis on him on the pick and rolls and Curry is not being himself on those plays, he is bothered by Davis-Pondexter combo he is facing.

But this year we have an actual offense and Curry is managing to get open-ish and its being enough.

Its gonna be a tough road for him though, every defense focus on him now and ever since that Kawhi, Danny Green matchup two years ago teams figured this out, its all about smothering him with long arms, thanks Pop :BLEH:

Hopefully other guys step their offensive game up. HB is killing us right now, he is being horrible on both ends of the floor.

I still believe we can make it, but gonna be tough.

Sucks for AD. All he had to do was knock down both FTs. He'll learn from this. Kinda feel bad for Raps fans. Their best player has been awful in the playoffs. Duncan still turning back the clock. Top 5 player all time!

If any of you if guys have an iPad or iPhone that was purchased in the United States send me an email. I have two $10 gift cards that are useless to me since my iPad wasn`t purchased there. Cheers!

I want the Warriors to beat Memphis so bad now. Just because of this HPBasketball guy.

Been following his tweets for a long time, he always came with that Warriors ain't tough tweets, Warriors are just a cute team, Memphis match up well with them, sub-tweets at Warriors struggles, blah blah blah.

Now he switches his opinion all of the sudden, I wonder why.

Now the Warriors are arrogant pricks, Memphis are humble underdogs, Warriors fans are bandwagoners, Warriors twitter is disrespectful, Warriors expectations are too sweep. Right B8er!

Typical fan posing as a writer, trying to throw all the pressure to us. Some Warriors writers already biting the bait, shameful behavior from a guy I used to respect and like.

Back
Top Bottom