NBA Thread

In the video game Josh Smith was a beast if you used him right. Power slam dunks all day. In real life, not so much because he can`t shoot and he`s obsessed with taking long jumpers. I like the Rondo trade for Dallas and I`m not surprised Cuban pulled the trigger as he`s an "all in" type of guy.

Cuban really goes all out for his team. As arrogant as he may be, he's a wonderful boss who goes all out for his team leading the cheers and paying the money where it is needed. He wants to win.

Paul Pierce listed his hardest players to guard in the league

5. Kobe Bryant

4. Tracy McGrady (in his prime)

3. Vince Carter(in his prime)

2. Lebron James

1. Carmelo Anthony

"If I had to single one guy out who is the most difficult player to guard in the league, it would have to be Carmelo. He’s a unique blend of being big, strong, and athletic while also having a world-class shooting touch and a natural ability to get to the rim. That’s what sets him apart — every facet of his game is elite."

"Kobe is one of the best scorers in NBA history, but I don’t have as much trouble with him in the post as I do with Carmelo. LeBron is a great post-up player, but if you get him to settle for the jumper on some nights, you might be able to slow him down if his shot is off. That’s not the case with Melo. If you give him space to shoot, he’ll make it many more times than he misses it."

No Wiggins in the dunk contest is weird. Guy has major hops. The best dunk contest of all time would have been:

Peak MJ
Peak Vince:KING:
Peak J-Rich
Peak Nique

Dunk contest used to be filled with All-Stars. Guys who are known for their dunks and are famous of it. Now, it's just compiling whoever wants to go in and whatever dunk they can do. Totally ruined it. And of course, you have those who are famous scared to go like LeBron...

Only reason I can think of is that he was scared to lose. If true, the guy has no balls. I would have also like to see Wade, Rose (pre injury), and Westbrook give it a shot.

Its supposed to be a fun and competitive thing. MJ played and lost as well, he didn't mind...came back and won it in 87 and 88 (came second in 85 and would've played in 86 if he wasn't hurt). Dominique played in 5 and won 2...those are real GREATS. Don't mind losing, yet are awesome dunkers and entertainers as it is all for the fans

Yes, I agree with you. Oladipo tried and had some creativity, just he couldn't jump as high and his arms aren't as long as Lavine who did his dunks with ease. Had lots of fun watching that and 3 point contest as well.

Did you hear Steve Kerr's coaching for the all-star game? Nice to see the coach having fun as well.

Ya, the mic up was pretty funny. The Dragon has been traded to the Heat. You could tell he`s been frustrated this year playing a lot more off ball than running the point. Good trade for the Heat as they are still in win now mode. If Wade is healthy they can be contenders. Draft is always a crap-shoot so I don`t see the value in picks unless you`re picking in the top 5.

Knight has been good this year. I also like Isiah Thomas on the Celts. I`m glad my beloved Knicks finally bought out Amare. His poem was meh. All I wanted from the Amare was 18/8 every night. The guy seemed more interested in fashion shows, producing movies and taking wine baths.

I was not really into that trade deadline, there are moves I don't even know happened.
But to me it shows how hard the NBA is on the business side.
Teams that went into tank mode sometimes take a step forward but then take two steps back, it seems to me like they will never get out of that hole.
Tanking makes sense when you already have something going on, to clear out everything like some teams do, just don't make no fucking sense in my opinion.
I still remember when Warriors had something going on, but they decided to start loosing to get the protected 7th pick, that turned out to be Harrison Barnes, who made an impact right in his first season, that's when you tank in my opinion.
I think Phoenix is in that spot right now, they could have gone in another direction last summer, I get that they are trying to fix now, but still I think they took two steps back. Phoenix's future is on the line with these next moves.

Another team that caught my attention was the Thunder, I think now they finally got some decent role players, everybody think they will beat the Warriors on the first round now, but to be honest we started the season dreaming beating the best.
Westbrook and Durant seem like they are on a mission and they will go bananas on the playoffs, but people underrate the Warriors :CONFUSE: really they do, they think we are all about shooting threes.
All I know is that a Warriors Thunder first round will be insane! Whoever wins it might get a huge confidence boost to go and win it all.

Last edited:
I'm finally giving up on Rose, it's over. Brandon Roy all over again.

I really thought he could slow his game down, shoot some floaters, avoid contact, but the man just can't stop his fierce play, I believe what some people said now, bodies aren't supposed to handle that much torque.

Fantasy b-ball has gone by fast. Almost time for the playoffs. Everyone is gonna make it except Alexis. Lol. He tanked the season to get the number one pick this yr

Even though I don't know too much of college basketball I'll definitely going to fill the bracket for the very first time! In the process, I'll take some time to watch the likes of Okafor, Towns or Russell who may very well end up in a Knicks uniform next season.

Ya defn. Sometimes the tourney is more exciting the NBA playoffs for me as there are a lot more upsets and close games. I like seeing the small schools do well.

I will support North Carolina because of their history...and will look at some of the players. Hopefully it will be a great tournament and lots of upsets!

OH, and for the Knick fans here...March Madness started, last placed team in the NBA just beat last year's champions...104-100 win by New York vs Spurs!!!

Back
Top Bottom