NBA Thread

I think Spurs were a bit robbed. Stellar play to Chris Paul and all (their last bucket was very very VERY good), but if the arena staff did not have a case of trigger finger, Spurs would be more focused and probably wouldn't have to change their play. Also, that foul Duncan was called for against Paul was such a late call with such minimal contact, I really doubt that was a foul.

Yea that phantom call on CP3 was immense to the final result.

But its not like they didn't deserved the win, CP3 gets those calls all the time.

This was one of the best series I've seen in a long time, if Warriors get one of these I don't think my heart can take it :P

To be honest Rockets have a chance now facing the Clippers, Spurs would be a nightmare for them. Clippers still tough but they have a chance, specially if CP3 is not 100%

Now on the second round, mega humble Grizzlies lost the first battle and arrogant Warriors clowned them with 3point celebrations, flashy passing, Draymond twerking on the Grizz bench.
They did nothing though, not even innocent Tony Allen who didn't saw the kids right, he walks on everytime I've heard.

I actually love that everybody hates us now, we've been on that other end tho, we've been the underdog. The thing is basketball players are all kinda of arrogant, journalists trying to form bandwagons is disgusting.

Conley being out is a huge loss. Still think GS would have handled Memphis if he was healthy. GS got this and Curry is MVP

I still like the Warriors, they're too good and while they are flashy, their play is beautiful. I do hope that they get rewarded!!

I'd thought the Rockets would have an easy series with Clippers, but they just lost at home to a CP3-less Clippers team!!! That's the playoffs!! Immense drama!

I dont think Warriors gonna beat Memphis, they trapping Curry and the other guys have no answer.

Too bad cause the HP guy being arrogant as f lately, who wondered all you need to talk shit is win.

CFuEnMCUMAA8fNg.jpg

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/602220784845590528

:APPLAUD:

If Lebron can lead this group of Cavs to an NBA title minus Love and Kyrie it will be the greatest thing we have ever seen. What a facking carry job so far

Should be a good one. Dwight is officially a bitch. I've never seen a big man so talented get owned on the boards by little guys he should be throwing around. Boxed out by little Steph curry

Dwight has incredible ability, or even talent, with his huge frame, size and athletic ability. BUT, he has no work ethic and complains whenever possible. It's sad to see such potential and ability just lost because of poor mentality. On paper, and in games, with what he has, he's one of the greatest centres possible. However in real life, sadly, he won't make it as a great or even a champion....

Alvin Gentry is awesome, he was thrown under the bus in his last year in Phoenix. He'll do great things with Anthony Davis.

Who yall got in the finals? I'm honestly worried about Golden State.
People praising us having lots of guys to throw at LeBron but only Iguodala and Green did a great job versus Harden and the funny thing is they didn't even faced him as much as Klay and HB who were not as great as people said, they still get out of position way too much.

And LeBron is not Harden, Iguodala and Klay can only bother him a little bit. Green and HB can be effective, but Green will have other priorities while HB like I said gamble, and buy fakes way too much.

We gotta win this with crazy offense from Curry.

Unless our defense is like the Memphis series after the adjustments. Crowding the paint when LeBron is driving/posting. But that's what Cleveland lives for anyway, inside out for those treys.

Bogut/Ezeli and Curry/Whoever is guarding the PG must be huge on that crowding scheme, helping on the exact right time, and leaving our good defenders to close out the shooters since they are big and quick.

It might sounds crazy having Andre/Klay/HB/Livingston more worried about helping on the shooters, but its our best chance in my opinion dare LeBron to drive towards Bogut with Curry gambling on steals.

Yes a three man scheme on BronBron! But not leaving JR/Shump/Kyrie ever ever open. Its going to be hard! But I think its been our thing already, that's why Mozgov went for crazy 29 or whatever rebounds versus us once, cause his man will be busy.

Last edited:
I expect Golden State to win in six, maybe less.

They have so many guys to throw at Lebron.

After game 1 I'm less worried now. Warriors did what I expected, HB though was not that great against LeBron he was at least strong and probably that's what got James exhausted and less aggressive in the final quarter when Warriors send him his truly best defenders in both Iguodala and Green who gave him nothing but turn around jumpers, and even though he made a lot of them it was not enough, mostly because Dubs took every other guy off the game as I wanted them to do.

Now Irving is out, I think the Cavs will only get one game.

Congrats Sauce.

Yup, losing is Kyrie is huge. His injury problems are only going to get worse as he ages. I can't see the cavs winning this now. GS has too many weapons. I've been wrong before though so who knows

Terrible officiating in game 2. Hope we get a new crew for game 3 because some of the non-calls were just ridiculous.

I'm not even worried anymore, Warriors done in the series now. Loosing two straight is a nightmare. The team lost its offensive game, the team is always trailing, always taking horrible shots, what a mess.
And I don't buy that its the Cavs defense, Warriors overcame better defensive teams, Curry had series before he was surprised and shut down one game but he always find the answers in passing and driving.
Its a shame really the window is closing right in front of our faces, this team will never be this deep and this healthy again, reminds me of OKC a couple of years ago, bound to be great then they were done in a blink, NBA is so brutal its crazy! :CONFUSE:

Don't worry suace, Warriors will still win the series.

They're gonna tie it up tonight and then they have the edge with 2 home games left if needed after that.

LeBron, Dellavdevova, Shumpert and everyone for this Cavs squad is banged up and fatigued, having played too many minutes. Warriors have much better depth (no injuries) and it's gonna show from here on. Don't forget they were down 2-1 against a veteran Memphis Grizzlies side as well that does some of the same things Cavaliers do which is slow down tempo and grind it out. After trailing 2-1, they made some adjustments, got over nerves and played better from there.

Don't know about better depth, the Warrior bench has been contributing that much, only Ezeli has been playing well. Livingstone, Speights and Barbosa haven't been great so far. I was thinking about why David Lee hasn't been getting minutes earlier in the series, they should use him more.

Lacking experience to play under FINALS pressure. Complete collapse.

Who would've thought that the Warriors would lose to a Love-less and Irving-less Cavaliers.

Hey ss4_goku, good question and I can proudly say, we did. ;)

https://www.sportsprofitsystem.com/performances2015/jun/jun09

Those were the reasons we knew Cavaliers are the correct choice in Game 3.

We've killed the bookmakers in NBA this season and have a 83-59 record on the season! Keep in mind, predicting which team will cover the spread is a LOT more difficult than simply predicting which team is gonna win a particular game since they have to cover the number.

Don't know about better depth, the Warrior bench has been contributing that much, only Ezeli has been playing well. Livingstone, Speights and Barbosa haven't been great so far. I was thinking about why David Lee hasn't been getting minutes earlier in the series, they should use him more.

I'm not talking about how the series has gone thus far. If you want to talk about that, then starters like Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green and Bogut have been very poor as well. In fact Barnes couldn't have played worse in Game 3 while Green has bucketed only 27% of his shots through the first 3 games!

I'm talking about the overall fact that Warriors have 11 capable players helping them, something that was proven throughout the long regular season whereas Cavaliers are already playing some backups like Dellavdeova and in fact overplaying him in terms of minutes since Joe Harris is not ready to play in the NBA Finals.

Kerr uses all of the following players in addition to the 5 starters:

Iguodala, David Lee, Speights, Ezeli, Livingston and Barosa!

Whereas Cavs only have Mike Miller, James Jones and JR Smith off the bench.

When you have former All-Stars like Andre Iguodala and David Lee on your bench, you have a lot more flexibility offensively and defensively.

That is true, I forgot about Iguodala though because he has been making a lot of minutes.

But yes, the Cavs bench though slim has been impressive this series. Of course you have to remember the Cavalier bench would have Dellavedova, Mozgov and Thompson along with Smith, Miller and Jones if everyone was fit.

Sina! Good to see you here mane.

The reason I'm so worried and so down on Dubs, and I'm still kinda of am, even after last night.
Its because the Warriors only really have Iguodala to defend the best player in the world, and I wouldn't absolutely give LeBron a chance to close the series out. Warriors still in a must win every game situation in my opinion.

Of course they can do it, cause last night Cavs surely looked banged up, I'd agree with you there. But LeBron James is terrifying man, even shooting poorly, and with Dubs defending him like I wish they would, I remember shots like that deep three on game two, I think it was on OT, its so not a LeBron look, yet he still made it because you know that's what legends do in the Finals.

Oh and the Warriors offense, Barnes/Green/Bogut been terrible, all Cavs need to do is guard Steph and Klay, and up until the game last night every non-splash brother had no answer when a offensive play is broken.
We didn't played offense like this all season, for a moment I thought the Warriors were the banged up team.

These Finals have been very strange, trust me Warriors had adjustments, changes, different styles, different players going off all season, and still somethings happening here that I've never saw.

But I guess that's how the Finals go. Its the first time I see a team there that I really followed and watched a lot in there.

Yeah bro, good to be talking to you again.

I've been reading this thread for months but haven't had a chance to contribute. But yesterday when I saw you so worried being down 2-1, I thought I have to post something here to ease your fears and tell you that they will take that must-win Game 4 and of course they did so emphatically! ;)

I understand your concern about Iguodala being the only guy that can somewhat limit LeBron but that is exactly why LBJ is one of the best ever if not THE best ever. There's NO defender that can properly handle him. If anything, Warriors are lucky that they have former All-Star Andre Iguodala who does a much better job on him than most others. Make no mistake about it though, either way, a guy like LeBron will get his points. He's a beast. But you don't have to fully stop him to beat the Cavs. Not without Irving and Love. You simply have to limit his points a bit and beat them in other areas and that's what they did last night. Cavaliers squad is currently depleted with injuries, fatigue and is banged up. They should perform better on Sunday since they have 2 days of rest in between but nonetheless as I said even when down 2-1, this is Golden State's series to lose since they are in control and they are favorites. They have far superior depth and that means they can rotate players in and out and be the fresher of the two teams.

Back
Top Bottom