NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

This game is seriously good. Have played a couple of matches already and even though I got my ass handed to me I enjoyed every minute of it. It is scarily realistic and the atmosphere in the game in superb. It has so many different animations, moves and combinations that each and every game is fresh. I'm still re-living the Kobe alleyoop I did earlier, it shook the whole stadium.

I'm heading off to the practice arena to learn how to play this properly and then starting an association mode.

Just.. amazing.

MJ ive got it on order. There is talk of framerate troubles is this on the money or over zealous americans?

This game is seriously good. Have played a couple of matches already and even though I got my ass handed to me I enjoyed every minute of it. It is scarily realistic and the atmosphere in the game in superb. It has so many different animations, moves and combinations that each and every game is fresh. I'm still re-living the Kobe alleyoop I did earlier, it shook the whole stadium.

I'm heading off to the practice arena to learn how to play this properly and then starting an association mode.

Just.. amazing.

NBA2K games are the full package. Top notch gameplay, graphics, animations, audio, presentation - it can be done.

Off topic - did anyone watch the NBA London game the other night? (Bulls v Jazz, on BBC)

I watched it on ESPN, first time I've seen an NBA game on tv that wasn't in 4:3, the HD PQ was lovely.

It was a decent game from what I saw, missed the 4th quarter though.

I watched it on ESPN, first time I've seen an NBA game on tv that wasn't in 4:3, the HD PQ was lovely.

It was a decent game from what I saw, missed the 4th quarter though.

I watched it on BBC red button with 5Live commentary, which was quite painful as they didn't know what the hell they were talking about! It was a tense game towards the end which the bulls won with about a second to go. Certainly more entertaining than your average pre-season game.

MJ ive got it on order. There is talk of framerate troubles is this on the money or over zealous americans?

Haven't noticed any on the games I played, it was really smooth. There's a few jaggies now and again, but you really have to look for them. I have to say the soundtrack is superb on this game aswell, really enjoyed listening to track after track as I was practising with Kobe :D.

I saw it Jamezinho, really enjoyed it especially the final 10mins when both teams were going all out for the win, and the buzzer beater at the end :CONFUSE:.

Just had a CRAZY 10 seconds in the game with 20 seconds left in the match! I was 3 points down, tried a medium distance throw which the CPU picked off, who threw it and I batted and picked up, to which I threw and the CPU batted it away and picked it off and went on to score 3 points! :(

I got the ball back, threw a 3 and had 5 secs left but couldn't get the ball. Got the ball from a time-out but hit the rim with my final shot to try and tie it up, gutted :( :LOL:

Way too much jargon when trying to choose tactics tho, I haven't got a clue what it all means when I use the dpad to try and set some plays up :LOL:

Last edited:

I played a half online and all i gotta say is

I LOVE THIS GAME!

hahahah, it is better, whew! gonna play some tonight, gerd yourself online, we can play each other or on the same team and we can both drink some dubbel or a triple at the same time

Thanks gomito...but at the moment i still haven't got the game.
I will have next week and play it a couple of weeks in single player befor i play with you...i don't wanna spoil your pleasure...i'm not a good gamer and on top of that i'm not familiar with basket ball...the tactics are Assyrean for me...

PS: my gamertag on Xbox Live is gerd dk

I played a half online and all i gotta say is

I LOVE THIS GAME!

hahahah, it is better, whew! gonna play some tonight, gerd yourself online, we can play each other or on the same team and we can both drink some dubbel or a triple at the same time
Who's game sliders do you use when playing online? yours or the opponents?

Going to start a My Player career as a point guard I think. I'm only 5'9" and looking at the positions wiki, every other position is filled with 7ft monsters really :SHOCK:

The career mode sounds awesome, lot of depth by the sounds of it.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/10/01/nba-2k10-my-player-impressions

YouTube - NBA 2K10 My Player NBDL

I'd love to do a franchise but I really don't have much of an idea about basketball so I can barely do the gameplay let alone going in-depth with the off-court stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

The servers are getting on my nerves, up down, up down.

The My Player mode is broken at the moment, if you played the Draft Combine then you can change it so that you can have longer than five minute quarters. If you created your player in 2K10, it glitches and the quarters are stuck at five minutes.

The court spacing is much improved, OS were right about the graphics - its the super HD version of 2K9. I also love the way the CPU executes their offense.

I've noticed that when Barbosa scores the mimi sound from 2K9 is gone

Onto the fourth quarter now

EDIT: I'm going to make the Crew team now.

Last edited:

I've been testing these, they'll need some tweaking though.

I really dont know weather to get this

Im not a big B-ball fan so i dont know if i would enjoy it but by looking at the slam dunks and animation and stuff it does look very realistic and that is drawing me to it

Play the demo Coopz, its only 1 minute quarters but its a start. Also the AI teamates are improved this year, you don't have to run plays.

cfdh_edmundo, what is it that keeps you playing 2K8, what do you like most about the game?

I tried the demo and it was OK but i just didn't know the buttons properly or what to do and when (when defending) but i bet the full game has plenty of tutorials for that

Yeah the game teaches all that stuff but it does require some patience.

I haven't played or seen basketball for years.

But this is ace and the freeplay teaches you all the controls te atmosphere the game gives you is outstanding. Still need to work on defence.

I started my My Player career as a PG for Toronto, thought I did okay in my first game and finished with a B- which I was hoping would be a little better. Annoying I kept getting knocked down for the opposing team scoring a basket but I enjoyed getting points for assists, positioning and running into empty channels :D

Oh, and I was absoloutely shit at the drill where I needed to prevent the opposition from scoring, I barely registered any points on the board and I needed something like 1000 just for bronze :LOL: Did alright on my other drills though and got a few silvers :)

Play the demo Coopz, its only 1 minute quarters but its a start. Also the AI teamates are improved this year, you don't have to run plays.

cfdh_edmundo, what is it that keeps you playing 2K8, what do you like most about the game?

the feel, the presentation and the flow of the game, it's almost the razmatazz of the game for want of a better word. I play it once a month or so. I like Basketball as a sport, but I'm more into playing it (on a cort) than watching it. Don't get me wrong the nba is great to watch, but I dont have espn and I'd love to go to the games they put on once a year here in London but theyre so expensive. Back in the day I used to watch it a lot, but that was over a decade ago when the likes of Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Sir Charles, Vlade Divac and Michael Jordan... So the squad update of 2k10 isnt vital for me...

What's your experience about framerates?? some reviews talk about it as being quite an issue. Are they greatly exaggerating??

^^ That's cool

I haven't experienced any framerates issues offline but I tried to Matt online and the framerate was very, very poor.

These framerate issues have anything to do with type of TV? Or is it a game thing?

Back
Top Bottom