NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Re: NBA 2K10 - PS3, 360, PC, Wii, PSP

It's the game, Lami. 2k have acknowledged the framerate problems and are sorting out a patch to fix them.

Good, because it will be the first basketball game I buy since the 90's. It better be that good because the last impression I have from the last basketball game I played was great. Not sure what game I had though, but I surely loved it. I remember playing a full season and loved going through all the stats etc.

I've played a few games, and some My Player games, and not noticed any slowdown which has affected gameplay really.

Very much like it. I haven't done much but basically you create your player and your basic skills, then you get put into some reserve team with some other players and have to do well.

At the start you have "drills" that you can perform to try and improve your player, different training like shots, defending, stealing.

Then you play 6 games and try to impress enough to win a trial with an NBA team. During the games you get rated on well (or poorly) you play. It's like PES's BAL as well where you don't always start games and may start on the bench, then get taken off during breaks and brought back on later in the game.

Pretty much BAP:S but the training fleshes it out more.

Check out my post here, got a link to an article someone wrote, plus a video.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1758193&postcount=255

Does anyone have a link to some kind of tutorial for basic gameplay? At the moment I'm good going forward and I'm even starting to memorise some plays and am using them effectively to break down teams, although I just can't defend for the life of me and it's costing me big time. The AI is so clinical in it's shot making and seem to just walk through any defence I have. It really is getting frustrating now and I wish there was some kind of tutorial in-game but I can't see it and obviously blagging it isn't helping :(.

I just mark the guy who's not being marked already, although the defending drill in My Player clearly shows I'm shit at defending anyway :LOL:

Here is one tip. Before every game press starts and go to the options > double/pressure, in here you can give your players certain defensive instructions.

For example if your playing against the Suns...

PG - Steve Nash (Play Tight)

SG - Jason Richardson/Leandro Barbosa (Deny Ball)

SF - Grant Hill (Auto)

PF - Amare (Play Tight)

C - Shaq (Auto)

As the game develops you should change these things accordingly, you can double team a player or two but that can make you vulnerable too.

Try this in your next game, other than that its just a case of knowing who the danger men are and trying to stick to them and deny them the ball. Also try and stay infront of the player you marking.

Haven't come across any defensive tips yet.

Very much like it. I haven't done much but basically you create your player and your basic skills, then you get put into some reserve team with some other players and have to do well.

At the start you have "drills" that you can perform to try and improve your player, different training like shots, defending, stealing.

Then you play 6 games and try to impress enough to win a trial with an NBA team. During the games you get rated on well (or poorly) you play. It's like PES's BAL as well where you don't always start games and may start on the bench, then get taken off during breaks and brought back on later in the game.

Pretty much BAP:S but the training fleshes it out more.

Check out my post here, got a link to an article someone wrote, plus a video.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1758193&postcount=255
Awesome :)).

^^ That's cool

I haven't experienced any framerates issues offline but I tried to Matt online and the framerate was very, very poor.
you need to turn off key zoom in camera settings... the game will be patched soon

Will try that, thanks.

Have been trying to work on my game all day and I seem to be getting nowhere. I think there's too much of a steep learning curve in this game if I'm honest, I'm getting hammered at the back and I can't seem to do much about it. I've tried marking man-to-man and they just seem to breeze past my defenders so switch to 2-3 forcing them to shoot long rangers and they are nailing 4/5 3-pointers. I've even tried precision switching holding the bumper button but everything happens so fast that it's in the basket before I can even react.

Simply put I suck at this game and there's no help or tutorial to teach me how to defend :(. I think I'll give this a rest for a while as I do really like it, it's just damn hard.

Last edited:

Games is beautiful and satisfying. I have had a few framerate issues, slow downs etc.. in a few games. I've also had tele-porting, not much but enough to disturb my concentration. These issues will be sorted with a patch i'm sure. The game is worth the money and a true classic. The crowds, atmosphere, and announcers are on point and very exciting to hear/watch. Loving the game and waiting patiently for a patch to fix these minor issues before diving deep into it's single player experience and online.

One more thing, if anyone knows how to do a "Bounce Pass", I would appreciate it.

See you at the court!

Last edited:

Games is beautiful and satisfying. I have had a few framerate issues, slow downs etc.. in a few games. I've also had tele-porting, not much but enough to disturb my concentration. These issues will be sorted with a patch i'm sure. The game is worth the money and a true classic. The crowds, atmosphere, and announcers are on point and very exciting to hear/watch. Loving the game and waiting patiently for a patch to fix these minor issues before diving deep into it's single player experience and online.

One more thing, if anyone knows how to do a "Bounce Pass", I would appreciate it.

See you at the court!
i think a bounce pass is contextual, unfortunatley

I've only seen bounce passes when I pass the ball with the icon buttons to a player that is posting up.

Have been trying to work on my game all day and I seem to be getting nowhere. I think there's too much of a steep learning curve in this game if I'm honest, I'm getting hammered at the back and I can't seem to do much about it. I've tried marking man-to-man and they just seem to breeze past my defenders so switch to 2-3 forcing them to shoot long rangers and they are nailing 4/5 3-pointers. I've even tried precision switching holding the bumper button but everything happens so fast that it's in the basket before I can even react.

Simply put I suck at this game and there's no help or tutorial to teach me how to defend :(. I think I'll give this a rest for a while as I do really like it, it's just damn hard.

Try not to attempt steals too often, just stay in front of your man and don't let him drive where he wants to. If you're not guarding the perimeter and you are marking one of the big men, the same applys really, try and deny him the ball when passes are made to him and just keep him from having his way with you Its all about rebounds and pressure defence, as long as you're challenging their shots, you won't need to steal the ball, 9 out of 10 times they'll miss if you've hassled them enough. You can also try guarding the passing lanes, trying to intercept passes, but is a bit risky as it leaves you open to back door cuts, where the guy your defending can run behind you into the paint and get in great position to score.

If you need the ball bad, try double teaming the ball carrier holding L1 (LB on Xbox i imagine), however be careful cos this will no doubt leave a man open, so its a bit of a risk. Hope this helps.

Try this, also leave the defensive play calling to the CPU.

confirmed im the worst at defence. Im like the kevin keegan of basketball just hoping to score more than the opposition.

I've finally cracked it, thank God. I'm winning matches now because my D is solid, I'm getting a lot more disturbances and my rebound stats have gone up significantly.

Association mode here I come!

I've finally cracked it, thank God. I'm winning matches now because my D is solid, I'm getting a lot more disturbances and my rebound stats have gone up significantly.

Association mode here I come!

Is that from following the tips earlier?

The sliders I've been using aren't quite were I want them to be, I've had another set recommended to me, click

Is that from following the tips earlier?

Yeah, concentrate on sticking with the man you're marking, stay within distance or use lock on D and get up in his face. Eventually he'll try and pass it to get the game moving so watch out for runs from players. Try and mark out the bigger players for rebounds also. You mainly want to force the oppo to rush shots and passes. Check out ZihinMaster's account on YouTube, this guy is a great player.

Last edited:

:TU:

Will have to check out the vid that Stu posted as well. I'd love to feel more comfortable with the game and the tactics so that I could try Association mode.

Have the game since yesterday and have tried a couple of things...i will need lots of practice...especially the defending is hellish for me.

I read good nba10 live reviews, anyone able to comment of the two games?? The learning curve scares me a bit in 2k10, i don't have that much time to spend on the game.

Back
Top Bottom