NBA 2K11 - G.O.A.T.

Yep, they know about it.

Played 2 of the best matches I've ever had with this franchise yesterday. 11 minutes per quarter, Simulation on Pro. I have touched the sliders, but only to up the 3pointers from 45 to 47 both for me and the cpu. It made a very subtle but good difference to me.

I won the Golden State Warriors (revenge came quick) after finally understanding how to defend their plays. We went to overtime, though, after I lost a 8 points advantage in the last quarter. But in overtime I simply destroyed them.

Then I won the Phoenix Suns by 14 points in my best match so far. The suns really are weak this year in the game... Once I stopped Nash and Hakim, it was a matter of time and playing slowly.

The key has been using a lot the big guys (Randolph and Gasol) and drawing a lot of fouls. As I draw fouls, the opponent has to change the line-ups and somehow you break their play. Randolph and Gasol are averaging 15-20 points per match. Add the Rudy Gay jumpers and drive-ins (20 points per game) and the rest of the players with their contribution.

Conley is mainly a playmaker, but if he's alone I don't hesitate to take the jumper and score quite regularly.

All in all, it's all getting into things. I really like the game a lot. After playing PES and FIFA during the weekend, going back to 2k feels great and makes the footy games worse everytime I put them.

The key to stop Nash is to just have a quick defender on him. Don't be too agressive, be patient. Simply try to "shadow" him. If he takes long shots, let him do. He will make some, but also miss some if you're near him, jumping and "annoying" him while he jumps.

The key on defense seems to be positional, which is great. That doesn't guarantee they don't score. But it guarantees you make it hard for them.

How the heck do you save created players permanently (and make them show up in your association mode)?

I've been creating Yuta Tabuse and it keeps deleting it whenever I turn off my console/quit the game even though I got auto-save on...fucking unreal.

Saw this on neogaf

I checked the 2k forums and it seems like the online has been changed from sim back to the regular NBA Jam bullshit. The complainers have won. Don't be surprised if a patch comes and makes everything "easy," like it was in 2k10 and 2k9.

That sucks, I hope they include a sim option.

Please, no, the game is superb as it is online right now, and easy enough! Can't they have just the option to choose? Is it a finald ecision?

I'm gutted with the community, and the developers if this is confirmed.

I have this and I have PES....i installed PES a day before i did 2K11, and that was the only day that i played PES. Once i installed 2K11, i never touched PES again...haha, my whole long-weekend was devoted to Jordan challenges and My Player mode...

My Player mode is really great in helping you do 1 on 1 defense. I still cheat by pressing L2 to keep up with the guy, but i'm trying to reduce on that and really play fully manual...

I don't know, I've never tried it before.

I have this and I have PES....i installed PES a day before i did 2K11, and that was the only day that i played PES. Once i installed 2K11, i never touched PES again...haha, my whole long-weekend was devoted to Jordan challenges and My Player mode...

My Player mode is really great in helping you do 1 on 1 defense. I still cheat by pressing L2 to keep up with the guy, but i'm trying to reduce on that and really play fully manual...

What is My player mode like? Some reviews have said its a bit of a chore? Are you in the NBA yet?

My Player mode is like PES - BAL mode. You create your own guy, then play your way into the NBA and make well, basically be a professional athlete.

You start out this year with some summer circuit games and if you play well, you'll be drafted by an NBA team. then there are some pre-season/training games were you prove that you deserve to be on the team. After that, you're in the NBA and start out your career. IF for some reason you can't make it or in any part they think you're not good enough, you'll be dumped to the NBA D-league (developmental league) and you can play there regularly to improve your stats and if you play good enough, NBA teams will call you back.

This year, they have really good personalization stuff in the games like press conferences so you can decide what type of character your player is and it'll affect your team chemistry, fan support and league acceptance. If you are popular enough, you can be signed into the Jordan brand, or even have your own signature shoe that will be worn by some NBA players.

^ I'm gonna be Rondo's lost twin brother.

He was born one day before me, we have the same height, same weight, both our first and last name have the same letters. :SHOCK: Yes I'm serious, bizarre coincidences, well maybe not the last one :P

icanbe23 unlocks the Create a Legend Mode.

I'm very tempted to do this, the 8 minute quarters are frustrating me.

I'm using these, overall pretty good, may need to decrease a couple things to get the shot% down a little bit.

I've followed George Karl to Colorado and adopted the Nuggets as 'my' team. They've got a good mix of inside/outside game. I like to control the PG most of the time on defence, so having Chauncey Billups' size is useful. Nene/Martin are decent on the boards, Afflalo's a threat from range, Smith brings energy off the bench.

As for Melo, dude should be illegal :P

Had a disappointing loss in Sacramento though. Playing Sim/Pro, the Nuggets dominated for three quarters before an embarrassing 4th quarter collapse. The Kings caught fire, hitting nearly everything and getting the rebounds when they didn't, going on a double-digit streak to win. Ouch. You really have to bring it in the final quarter.

There was a fast-break during my third quarter run when Billups threw a lead pass to J.R.Smith, who attacked to the baseline and then pivoted back out to dunk with two hands. I was out of my seat. Great game.

Being a Miami native, (actually I've been living here since I was 10, two months later I went to my first heat game, the Zo Team) I take the Heat (I know everybody hates us, but FFFUUU, its just envy.)

First game HOF/Simulation, the Celtics beat me by 7, effing Ray Allen hitting three after three. Perkins, Shaq and Big Baby where the main reason of us losing. Bosh, Haslem and Joel could not do crap, and Big Z can only play like a few minutes.

About to go into my second game. I bet you are wishing me bad luck. :p

:))

m2814484.jpg

:COAT:

About to go into my second game. I bet you are wishing me bad luck. :p

We're not wishing you bad luck at all, only to your players. And also all the luck of the world to your opponents. :P

PS: Send us your PSN id if you wish to play online. Up to now I've played Tobi from the boards and some friends. If someone else wants to try, please invite me when you see me around. I'm still learning things so I could be an easy prey.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom