ModNation Racers (ps3)

Either do the goals on each race so finish 3rd or above, some have you having to finish in 1st and with a drift score of 4000 points. If you do those at the end of a race you unlock extra bits, sometimes they're for the characters, others its car and others track.

Another way is to pick up the tokens that are on each race. I think there are 3 per race. then head over to the shop which is in the creation area and also in the modnation spot thing. that open area you're first loaded into when you load the game up.

In there you can spend tokens to unlock random pieces. I think its 1 token for a character piece, 2 for a piece for the track creation and 5 for a car body.

Saw this on youtube earlier and it pretty much sums up races on this game
YouTube - ModNationâ„¢ Racers Launch Trailer

The drifting is awesome, they improved it a lot from the beta.

Hmmm a couple of features that could have improved things (hopefully as an update but probably in MR2....)

- the ability to pick and choose racing against your other creations in offline mode rather than random AI characters
- When creating mods/carts having some points to spread out over different abilities (much like the way the 2 sliders you get in online mode) so that the mods and carts can behave rather than just look different.

But apart from that, good game and the creation options will give this one a long run, but still no-one in the lobbies, maybe it will pick up once the USA get it.

Hmmm a couple of features that could have improved things (hopefully as an update but probably in MR2....)

- the ability to pick and choose racing against your other creations in offline mode rather than random AI characters
- When creating mods/carts having some points to spread out over different abilities (much like the way the 2 sliders you get in online mode) so that the mods and carts can behave rather than just look different.

But apart from that, good game and the creation options will give this one a long run, but still no-one in the lobbies, maybe it will pick up once the USA get it.

Its weird, the first day or so, the lobbies were packed and I had a few v 11 races.

Ohhh i love that idea of racing against your downloads offline. Does anyone know if modnation have a youtube or twitter or something where we can get that idea to them?

Mario kart beater?

I think the fact that it has added the 3level powerups makes it in that regard better. No longer will 8th place get the super blue rocket and fly by everyone on the last lap after doing sod all in the race. You need to really think about what you do aswell, do I use my boost to get even further ahead or do I just keep it fully loaded so I can shield the possible attacks.

I also think the fact that boosting is standard in the game and is used in multiple ways mean you won't have the common experience that a manual racer in MarioKart would just boost/drift for the whole race never to be seen again. I think it's more sympathetic and competative in that regard.

Offcourse the editing options are really good and blow MarioKart out of the water.

I'm not sure if you can set it up for casual races, but they should have a random host after every race. It would mean everyone could promote their own tracks and would balance online out. I hosted a few races on monday and used two of my own creations, ended up winning them both because I already knew the track. So if everyone gets the chance in the same lobby it would balance that aspect out, eventhough you don't get any xp points for the casual races.

Would also be nice to have an xp series with friends only, as fas as I could tell it isn't possible to host xp races / series to keep the xp growth fair.

The only aspect at the moment which isn't as good is the lack of people online, once that gets busy it will be better imo.

Agreed.

That track with the drift circle in the middle was crazy (in a good way), I got lost in the same spot on each track.

So what time is everybody online the most often?

For me its the weekend and usually between 7-9 GMT during the week.

Every night for me too.

How do you change the track to one of your own creations in the lobby?

you change race tracks by hitting X to gointo race settings then X again to 'edit race settings' then pick any track you want - set the laps to however many you want, tweak the AI cars difficulty, adjust how many people you want allowed in and if you want to fill empty spots with ai bots and i think 2 other options that i cant recall. something about pure race and action but i dont know what they are. Is pure with no weapons?

But it's a lot of fun Nick! And surely the possiblity to fire 10 rockets at Jay and hear him swear is worth the money!

I never bothered with offline in MarioKart. Didn't see the point. This will be slightly different just to get the editing options but for actual gameplay I will always be heading online.

The twitchyness goes after a while, once you get used to the boosting and drifting aspect you start to race a lot smoother.

Is it REALLY worth £40? Really? For a karting game?

The novelty isn't going to wear off next week?

Check out my creations when your online;

I've made The Groomer with a Groomobile in honour of Jay! (He has a love tattoo on his innerthigh!)

Also how do you get your pictures online? How do you get your pictures in the game? Is there a site linked to your ps3 id to see it online?

Last edited:
Might pick this up at lunchtime.

Edit: Very good video, the modding looks great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobi - you can put stickers and bits on the back of your characters just by moving around the back with your left stick once you've selected what sticker you want.

tiktiktiki....

Also how do you get your pictures online? How do you get your pictures in the game? Is there a site linked to your ps3 id to see it online?

What do you mean?
what site online?
where are these pictures in the game?

Is it this website?
http://community.modnation.com/en-gb/players/KRadiation

Someone told me about it recently, its not worth it in the end, you rarely get to see the back of the mod anyway.

The AI in single player is cheating scum, rubber band AI is a bitch!

Back
Top Bottom