ModNation Racers (ps3)

Yeah it was Sarah. Although after two races I lost her. I got disconnected at the end of a race and then I couldn't get back in a room with her......

I'm thinking of doind a Dead Man's Drop track. With jumps that you can only do with boost otherwise you have to take the scenic route. :D

Hopefully I can get in the game tonight, but might be next week as I have a lot of work to do this week. :(

I made a new track and I need some feedback. When you get to the highest point of the track is the sunlight distracting?

modnationracers12.jpg

Beat both yours and Jay's best time on Camels Back! 2 seconds off!

Also set a time for one of Jay's track. Was going to do all of tobi's aswell but got lost creating Dead Man's Drop......Isn't finished yet as the regular boost in combination with a regular ramp doesn't seem to shoot you off that much so might end up creating a different style. At the moment I've set it up that there are "hidden" jumps to cut out part of the course(but you have to use your boost otherwise you'll get stuck). Thinking about it I need to edit it so you drop down a ravign(sp?) or just make it. :D

Finished my Dead Man Drops track; Racing over and through the grandcanyon with no fences along the drops! I haven't found out how to make tracks that aren't continuous so have resorted to edge of the road mayhem. Might work better tbh, you can use the slide/shove move to push people of the track. :D

Did some time trails on the evoweb tracks. Some are terrible tbh, :D Bends and curves and lifts that shoot you of the track or into a barrier. Same goes for my Cannes one, it's pretty shocking playing it again.

After that did some online XP races. Looks like they have sorted it out as I was in rooms with 7-8 people each time with no waiting at all. You would jump in a room and the countdown for the race would already have started. :D

PS3 kart game ModNation Racers is to get a new mode which makes it easier for rubbish players to compete.

That's according to community manager Ramone Russell. Posting on the PlayStation blog, he said a new patch has been developed in response to community feedback and is almost ready.

"One of the improvements is the addition of a "casual" career difficulty that has less "aggressive" computer-controlled racers," Ramone wrote.

"I was able to spend some time last week playing the new build. Let me just say that I had a blast playing through the casual career difficulty and I think those that have been asking for this will be very pleased when you can get your hands on it!"

There's no word on when the new patch will appear.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/modnation-racers-to-get-casual-mode

So how many of you are still playing this?

Been sucked into FIFA-WC and have a load of other games to play aswell now (Gears 2, Dead Space, Resi5, Alan Wake, Cod4:2,COD:WAW, Metro2033).

I stopped when the rubber band AI became too much to bear. If this patch fixes that I'll probably jhump right back on it... although i played the blur MP demo today and really enjoyed that a lot.

I stopped when the rubber band AI became too much to bear. If this patch fixes that I'll probably jhump right back on it... although i played the blur MP demo today and really enjoyed that a lot.

Blur is amazing Rad, so under-rated.

Because it hasnt done well commercially, its on sale at a lot of places and WELL worth picking up. I've sunk a lot of hours into it already and got it around the same time as Mod Nation - and not played much of MNR since.

I am thinking of getting MNR on the PSP though...

you can pick up blur for less than £20 at shopto, played it last few nights it's well worth it for that price!

Patch incoming next week with loads of updates and fixes - including 50% faster loading.

I'll definitely go back to this if this is the case.

Good news.

Load times in PS3 game ModNation Racers will be reduced by an update set for release tomorrow.

The patch, due for release at 10am Wednesday, is designed to address "issues the community has been concerned about".

It'll also implement a new casual difficulty mode, fix a bug that allowed players to cut the track and post unbeatable times in Hot Lap, and improve server stability to improve disconnects.

"On behalf of UFG [United Front Games], we want to thank everyone for supporting ModNation and being patient as we've worked hard to make it the best experience possible," Sony San Diego community manager Ramone Russell wrote on the US PlayStation Blog.

Eurogamer reviewed ModNation Racers in May, and returned with a solid 7/10.

Back
Top Bottom