ModNation Racers (ps3)

I give up, going to trade for this tomorrow.

Where did you guys go? Managed two races and then you were gone?

Agree now that the loading is poor, it's not so much loading the races that is annoying (it's slow but ok) but the fact you have to load between menu's aswell. Gonna go play it some more now.

I had just lit the bbq when pbb asked for for a quick game so i had enough time for a few before it was ready. That's where i had to nip off to

Well I succumbed - popped down Gamestation this morning, traded in a load of old games and a couple of kidneys to get £20 off.

Pretty enjoyable so far although Online not been in a race with more than 3 people, servers pretty empty today?

made myself a little Fernando Alonso mod, not done too much on the tracks side yet. Downloaded a pretty good Monaco though.

ModnationNando.jpg

He means he's going to get it........

Seems there are some online problems atm, haven't managed more then 4 in an online race today and even then it's very difficult to get an xp race going. Also the loading issue's are supposed to be worked on for an upcoming patch.

Created my first track today, called it Cannes Raceway. I shared it so you can probably download it via my mod in the friendslist ingame. Might need some work as it's difficult to get your own "boost" going atm as it has some long straights and not a lot of bends for drifting. But I tried to fill up those sections with boosts and ramps so it might be a welcome change from some of the drift-only races Ive had.

@ Rad,

Glad it was that, was worried that they would randomly put people in different lobbies after each race. I found that you can create private rooms so you could have an evo-web raceroom but doesn't look like online leagues or anything. Guess you would just have to do it manually via the forum somehow. Shame, can't see how it would be difficult to just create a filter for xp based on racing with/against friends only.....

Another negative point, although it's small, is the fact that when you get shot or go off the track a 1 second (if that) loading screen comes up. Seems stupid as it takes you out of the race everytime.

Last edited:
He does read them Jay, he just doesn't understand them.......

But that's fine, we don't understand most of what he writes either. :D

Someone needs to make a F1 pack with all the current racers, cars and tracks. Would be so awesome.

Check your emails if you've been part of the Modnation beta or ever bought LBP DLC. They'e giving out codes to download this sackboy mod

I nearly missed mine because it was on a generic email from playstation saying "Take your Imagination for a Spin"

Mod_FIFAyes__Final_12.jpg

I believe the codes are generic codes... so here's mine for you all to try

85T6-EMB6-HLL8

Last edited:
No. So the loading times are fine I presume

Not 'fine' but certainly bearable - and like I said above, once you are in a race, or modding, there is no loading - i.e. when in a race, if you dont pass it, you can instantly restart it with no loading.

Its being patched anyways and not the big deal that has been made of it.

Is it possible to add stickers to the back of a mod?

modnationracers2i.jpg

modnationracersm.jpg

I must say the loading times aren't as bad as first feared.

So are the races any good?

They are actually really good, loads of action, good drifting, weapons etc and with a field of 12, it means you always have someone to chase or someone chasing you.

To emphasise the point, I played a race about 15 times last night trying to beat it and that is the sort of thing I normally hate doing, but I didn't feel bored with the track at all as there are always shortcuts to perfect and races are always different.

Career mode - stuck on the last race of the Mayhem tour. Damn cannot beat "Hale" on his home track and come 1st or bomb him in front of the grandstand. Had at least 10 attempts so far!

Online - still can't get any XP races going but had some good casual ones. Lobbies still don't seem that busy...

Is that race the rings of fire? Is so, that's the one I'm stuck on....finished 2nd once about a thousandth of a second behind him.

Career mode - stuck on the last race of the Mayhem tour. Damn cannot beat "Hale" on his home track and come 1st or bomb him in front of the grandstand. Had at least 10 attempts so far!

Online - still can't get any XP races going but had some good casual ones. Lobbies still don't seem that busy...

I was stuck on the same race for ages. I kept coming 2nd or miles down the pack and never managed any of the extra goals. Once I was even in first and then right at the end on the boost ramp to the finish line i screwed up my aim and shot off the track and ended up way back.

Then this happened:
2m29fsg.jpg

I only went and nailed all of the goals in one super awesome noob pwning race. I did the take down 3 people just by side swiping everyone on the first lap. on my second lap i just concentrated on racing and shielding and on my last lap i had the electic storm weapon on level 2... just after the double flames and that left turn where you can cut the corner i spotted Hale. As we came up that hill and I picked up the 3rd cloud storm weapon, I unleashed it and took out everyone in front of me.. hit my boosts hit that boost ramp and leaped over 3rd 2nd and 1st and won it.

-

I'll echo what Pbb said. I've found myself stuck a lot on this but the tracks are so just well made and fun to race on. It just feels so balanced in that really anyone can win and the weapons just work so well with the tier system and the shields... it can be really tactical at times, and in the end you don't feel utterly cheated race after raced even if you're losing loads. Because you eventually have that perfect race where you've memorised the track and know your mistakes and can plan ahead to save up that weapon rather than earlier on where you'd keep firing it and then turn the corner and see another and think 'shit I'd have had level 2 now, next time I'll remember'.

Last edited:
Nice one Rad!

I love all the race achievements how they have done it - will definitely make me want to go through all the races again to unlock stuff, something I'm not normally bothered about :)

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet or anyone doesn't know, the DLC code for Sackboy is the same for everyone so can be used basically unlimited times.

So for anyone who didn't get mailed it, here's the code: 85T6-EMB6-HLL8

Link

It works.

Sometimes the CPU doesn't even try and disguise the fact that its blatantly cheating!

Last edited:
Because I'm lazy and can't be bothered looking can you have 4 players on one console?

Maybe not that lazy it seems you can, still don't know if to get it or not?

Last edited:
Well done Grimster!

Still excellent Vondave - racing is still fun and the editing options means this will have legs for absolutely months (I would say years, but no doubt ModNation Racing 2 will be announced before the end of the year :LOL:)

Back
Top Bottom