Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Here's my day out in Cardiff for you guys - big thanks to Jack for hosting my pictures...

BORO's CARLING CUP DAY OUT

So come the day of the final. I get up at 3am and get a taxi to Teesside airport at 4am. Flight to Cardiff leaves at 5 so i check in and hang about chatting to other boro fans and soaking up the atmosphere. Consdiering its so early in the morning its emense! We're the first of 14 flights leaving for cardiff. 200 per flight so you do the math!
Anyway we land in Cardiff at 6am. Get a coach to Jurys Hotel where we get a cooked breakfast put on. Since its so early we just hang around the lobby watching spanish football waiting for something too do. Come 8am i decide to take a walk into Cardiff...
Cardiff1.jpg

This is the millenium stadium at 8:30am. Big Super Mac banner and a few boro fans about. My gate was Gate 3, just out of shot. 3rd window from the left of the shot on the red band - remember that window...
After exploring Cardiff i went back to the ground at 9:30 and hung around there for an hour. Started to fill up quick...
Cardiff2.jpg

Thats me at 10ish
We danced, sung and kicked a football up and down the streets...
Cardiff3.jpg

You can see the football against the building. It was final stolen by a copper coz we hit a bus with it! The Gatekeeper pub can be seen in the background with the queue. Thats the official boro pub for the day
Cardiff4.jpg

Cardiff at 10:30
I then headed back to the Jurys for a pint and a sarnie. Couldnt get in the gatekeeper for a pint - to packed out!
Cardiff5.jpg

Me at 11ish
Gates open at 12, this is the scene about 11:15...
Cardiff6.jpg

Finally we get let in. Im first in the queue for my gate. You know the window i pointed out? Well this is the view from it...
Cardiff7.jpg

A sea of red!
Cardiff8.jpg

My seat was 3 rows from the back in the corner of the BT stand stand. This is the view from my seat 2hours before kickoff
Cardiff9.jpg

Too my right - around 15mins too go! Tension building! Comon Boro!
Cardiff10.jpg

The scenes at 3:50ish! We've just won! AMAZING! E-I-O E-I-O!
Cardiff11.jpg

Sheer Joy!
Cardiff12.jpg

Finally the moment we lifted that cup! AMAZING stuff!

So that was Cardiff. Now for the victory parade...

No need for many captions here...
Victory1.jpg

The bus pulls into sight along the bridge to the riverside! Ive been waiting for 2 and a half hours!
Victory2.jpg

It here! 3 rows from the front and its finally sunk in - we're champions!
Victory3.jpg

Juninho lifts the cup! Wehey!
Victory4.jpg

Super Mac lifts the cup! Wehey!
Victory5.jpg

We Celebrate! ROCKING ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Victory6.jpg

The crowd disappear after the show is over. A good picture to end on

Boro - Carling Cup Champs 2004. And that was my view of it all. Hope you enjoyed it!

Just got back from the youth cup final:-

BORO FA YOUTH CUP CHAMPIONS 2004

We've got some cracking young players, brilliant game for anyone who watched it. James Morrison and Anthony Peacock have big futures.

COMON BORO
:D :D :D

jamie_mack said:
what was the final score on agg? where are you in the league though?

4-0 on agg

3-0 at Villa
1-0 at home tonight

Dont care where we are in the league we've won two cups in the past 6wks. We're safe in the premiership and we're on the way up. We've got a good team, the best chairman in the league and a brilliant youth team

COMON BORO
:D :D :D

the youth league is what im talking about i wouldnt say the youth team is brilliant the rest i would agree with!

jamie_mack said:
the youth league is what im talking about i wouldnt say the youth team is brilliant the rest i would agree with!

Dont know mate cant find it on the boro site. Did you watch the game? Infact have you seen us play in games over than the final? Even Sky had to admit we have a brilliant set-up and a brilliant set of players. Comon 5 of them are present England Youth players (played vs Belgium earlier in the month) and in total we have 10 youth internationals in our first team youth squad. Pretty damn good. We play some cracking QUALITY football actually passing the ball about well too

im pretty well up on youth football our u-17 have been unbeaton for two seasons now! how many of your internationals played in the recent youth world cup? mmmm none! but credit where credit due cup winners they are! congratulations!

Boro lining up another Viduka bid in the summer as well as deals for Zenden and Mills. Rumours still rife we're gonna get Kezman or Morientes altho i highly doubt it. Vikuda plus one more will suit me.

jamie_mack said:
im pretty well up on youth football our u-17 have been unbeaton for two seasons

Sniff sniff. BULLSHIT! Rumbled mate utterly rumbled. Ive been doing my research. Our U-19s havent played you this season. HOWEVER our U-17s have.

OCTOBER SATURDAY 4th
Manchester City (AWAY)
Boro Won 4-3 (Craddock 2, Kennedy, Reed)

MARCH SATURDAY 6th
Manchester City (Home)
Boro Won 1-0 (Johnson)

I do believe we've beaten you twice this season mate.

Boro Youth Team Fixtures - 2003/04

I love the smell of victory in the afternoon

Don Domenico said:
Kezman and especially Morientes to Middlesbrough :lol:.
Wouldn't it be smart to try to buy Mendieta?

We already have. He's signed a 4yr deal. It was in the news in the summer. But technically we didnt buy him we got him for nothing.

And Kezman to Birmingham is also just as amusing isnt it? It buts just as real 8)

Boro said:
Don Domenico said:
Kezman and especially Morientes to Middlesbrough :lol:.
Wouldn't it be smart to try to buy Mendieta?

We already have. He's signed a 4yr deal. It was in the news in the summer. But technically we didnt buy him we got him for nothing.

And Kezman to Birmingham is also just as amusing isnt it? It buts just as real 8)

Oh sorry, i thought Mendieta still was on a loan deal from Lazio. But you bought him, great deal :D.

-And yes, Kezman to birmingham is also laughable.

Don Domenico said:
But you bought him, great deal :D.

Brilliant deal :D He's something else id never seen him live before but damn he's good.

And i see Jamie_Mack isnt admitting he was bullshitting me? :twisted:

i humberly appologise there was no bullshit intended i was simply misinformed (to my surprise) :oops: i did click the clink but i refuse on priciple to sign up to your website! as i searched i saw that you were correct and i apologise but we were unbeaton the year before! and i keep having this dark thought that if we get beat at weekend theres a huge chance you could send us down! :(

Boro are said to be holding talks with Kluivert as he is no longer wanted by Barca, according to reports a 1 million deal is in the pipeline

gotta hand it to the boro management. they've got ambition and a bit of imagination.

i dont think its too ambitious to get kluivert as did anyone really think we were capable of luring mendieta to the riverside?

Ricketts To Leeds - Done Deal "supposedly"

Viduka To Boro - Keith Lamb closing in

Other than that no other news, if you can call that lot news that is. Still chasing Melchiot, Reizieger, Yakubu, Kluivert, Zenden and probably some more that havent been revealed. Think its gonna be start of July until we start making signings,

Anyway, RE: Ricketts...
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COMON!!!

what was the story with danny mills? he's none too pleased with boro these days.

fenian said:
what was the story with danny mills? he's none too pleased with boro these days.

He claims we're making up transfer stories to keep the fans happy, and reckons we made up the story that we're not signing him because his wages are too high. When in turth we're not signing him because his wages are indeed too high. And buy mouthing off about the club and saying he "feels sorry for the fans" he is now well and truely hated by one and all around these parts. :)

Geordies First Game Of The Season!!!
Bring 'Em On!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

McClaren will be home soon so except the new players to start flooding in :D

Bright side too a shit night

ill have yakubu viduka and kluivert up front
juninho in the hole
and bolo and mendieta on the wings
:-)

Stuart said:
Boro. what an opening game to the season m8 :)

Cant wait, it'll be a cracking way to start the season. The atmosphere is gonna be emense. I'll be saving my vocal cords the week before and ill im gonna try to drag some friends along to the game with me.

Stuart said:
yeah nice one m8, it should be good. Don't have a clue what the score will be though...

It'll all hang on the summer signings really. However the fact its first game of the season means we dont have any form to go by, players are bedding in and add to that its a derby and there crazy anyway. Could be a 5-5 affair ;)

Job looking to sign a new contract this week,
Reizieger isnt doing anything til Holland are out of Euro 2004 although talks are progressing well
Viduka deal is ongoing, although money is still the major sticking point

Back
Top Bottom