Middlesbrough FC - Throw Down The Anchor!

Alreet lads!

I'll be in the Riverside for the opening game. Hopefully i'll be in the away section, surely im "loyal" enough now! missed Belgrade away, Valerenga away, Wolves away, Man City away, and Southmpton away in the cup....

Last season, I couldnt get an away ticket so i sat in the South Stand - block 54!. with all the smoggies! hehe! me and my mate were shitting it! until we got talking to two lasses in front of us (they were fit) ... and i couldnt help but notice one had "pompey chic" tattooed above her arse, and the other had "nufc" tattooed on her arse.... so, when shola scored, those 2 lasses jumped up, and took all the attention away from me and my mate, who were holding onto the seats to stop us jumping!

as part of our disguise, we clapped at the start of the game to that gay pitbag du du du duh song... and were getting canny excited as given was pulling off class saves! hehe....

best bit, was leaving 2 mins before the end, and going to the away gates, and walking in past the steward and celebrating with the toon fans!

Lol ill be there too, season ticket holder in the north. You'd be eaten alive in there mind ;) As for pigbag being guy its better than most of the crap you hear at grounds but we're trying to get rid of it for when we score, we'd prefer no music for that. Its brilliant for a run out song though, although the Carling Cup Tin Tin music would also suit me.

Anyway. Viduka passed his medical and signs 2moro supposedly. Brilliant signing, our first proper striker in along time. Now all he needs is a strike partner. Preferably Kezman or Yakubu. Although the Yak would cost £6mil for an un proven striker. Hasselbaink on a free would be good but then we'd have 2 tempermental sods up front. If all else fails we've got Christie to come back who i rate highly.

So fingers crossed Viduka signs on the dotted line 2moro, Reizeiger next week, along with Hargreaves and Zenden, and another striker.

boro how many away fans take the p*ss out of the gay du du du duh song ? apart from spurs iv seen a few other sets of fans doing it as well. i actually thought it was quite original at the time :oops: .

how do you reckon viduka will do ? i have a feeling he might be a bit of a mercenary, although saying that you have had a few down the years. do you reckon you should keep up with the 'big money' signings or is it perhaps time you took a different approach in the market ?

Quite a few fans take the piss outta it. Not that it bothers us really as thye just get insults flung back at them and it all adds to the atmosphere banter.
As for Viduka my fear is he could be a mercenary, although im hoping the fact he's taken a pay cut and has European football again will mean his love of the game is back, as i think he might have gone stale at leeds, but then again i didnt see him much last season so i cant really comment. As for the "big money signings" im happy with them. We've risked too much in the past on unknown players, for example Maccarone. Who is useless at times and average at best. Id prefer big names for now too push for that extra mile until Super Mac can afford to experiement with new "smaller" players without the rest of the team suffering.

More transfer news for ye, concerning a juventino.

One of the best central backs in 2000/2001. Altough because of many many injuries, faded away and that has been his main problem. His fitness, i'm talking about:

Igor Tudor..

I hadnt heard that one Dom, where'd you catch that rumour? Can you spill some light on him as well please i dont know too much about this fella. CB isnt he? Pretty old?

Channel 4, it said some premiership club was interested in Tudor. A reliable source (;)) told me it was Middlesbrough.

Tudor is a cb who can play dmf.
Well, Tudor as I said before used to be very promising and very good. He was considered as one of the top cb's around the year 2000 +-. Although a lot of fitness problems ruined his great form, he is injured a lot and this has caused him to have have a bad level of consitency. He basically needs to play some matches.
He is so injury prone though, that he has only been able to start 20 league games in the last two(or maybe even three) seasons. This has often caused bad form, which even led to own goals..(see Croatia-France)

You can still see though,every time he DOES finally play that he still has it in him. He is very strong, wins ALL (literally) headers, scores amazingly often for a defender and has a good tackle. Tudor is one of the few defenders left, who can actually build up an attack and reads the game pretty well. Not the fastest defender, good positioning though.

Tudor is only 26 years old, so if he could just lose his injury proness(sp?..) he would be an amazing defender again.

a few sites and stuff have said tudor was in talks with a london club and one italian website said it was spurs.

do you reckon we will see much of downing this year boro ? he looked superb against us in the cup.

he's a quality player, no sorry, player with the TALENT to be a quality player. Seriously this kid could solve Englands left sided problems easily. English, left footed, pacey, adventurous, no fear, brilliant cross on him and good on dead balls. Can score a few two. But he needs to mature and turn into that brilliant star. Whether we'll see him will depend on who we buy/ If we get Zenden he has chance. If we get Zenden and Hargreaves then sadly he'll be limited.

NEWSFLASH:

RICKETTS.JPG

Reizeger has been officially unveiled by Boro this lunchtime and I have to say that he has the oddest shaped face I have ever seen......

There are expected to be more players moving to Boro during the summer with another lard arse on the way

Boro said:
Lol ill be there too, season ticket holder in the north. You'd be eaten alive in there mind ;) As for pigbag being guy its better than most of the crap you hear at grounds but we're trying to get rid of it for when we score, we'd prefer no music for that. Its brilliant for a run out song though, although the Carling Cup Tin Tin music would also suit me.

Anyway. Viduka passed his medical and signs 2moro supposedly. Brilliant signing, our first proper striker in along time. Now all he needs is a strike partner. Preferably Kezman or Yakubu. Although the Yak would cost £6mil for an un proven striker. Hasselbaink on a free would be good but then we'd have 2 tempermental sods up front. If all else fails we've got Christie to come back who i rate highly.

So fingers crossed Viduka signs on the dotted line 2moro, Reizeiger next week, along with Hargreaves and Zenden, and another striker.

ah yes, the north stand... the end Shola scored the winner! ;)

Pig bag is ok for a run-out song, as it gets the whole crowd going..... we played Eminem at Newcastle for the first few games this season just gone :roll: ..thankfully thats stopped! I think you have to get rid of music when you score... its so american and sad.

am sure fatty viduka will do well at boro.....

cant wait for the first game boro v toon now....... already secured 2 tickets in the toon section, off a mate who now works at nufc with peter beardsley. so i'll be there, and safe!

i dont like 'Boro as a place though.... quite a bad atmosphere i felt walkign between the train station and the ground............. unfriendly...

Theres a 70% chance i'll be going to Teesside uni next year, so i'll have to get used to it! My first choice is Newcastle, but i fancy living away, and my insurrance choice of teesside!

sorry for going off topic!

broonalegeordie said:
Theres a 70% chance i'll be going to Teesside uni next year, so i'll have to get used to it! My first choice is Newcastle, but i fancy living away, and my insurrance choice of teesside!

sorry for going off topic!

Im already there mate ;)

Reizeiger = Human Vacuum cleaner face = QUALITY player. Really excited about him and Viduka signing. Over the moon for those two. Now id like Zenden and another striker please...

Viduka IN
Reizieger IN

more to follow according to Lamby. Supposedly JFH is at Teesside Airport and Bolo Zenden is on his way too.

You can have Viduka but treat him well :), make sure he is looked after properly

I swear im dreaming!
Im walking round with a huge smile on my face, the whole of the boro is buzzing at the moment. Its gonna be one hell of a season one way or another i tell you that. If we sign everyone predicted to sign...

------------------Schwarzer----------------
Reizieger---'Gate-----------Ugo----Franky
----------------------------------------------
Mendi-------George-----Zenden---Hargreaves
-----------------------------------------------
----------Viduka------------JFH-------------

:D

Well the dream might not last long with old Marky 'spit' Viduka. He's a trouble making bastard. If you start off shit, he'll be wanting away by about Christmas.

FD

Boro said:
Reizeiger = Human Vacuum cleaner face = QUALITY player.
LOL! Reiziger is a diddy! Stephen Pearson tore him to shreds at Celtic Park last year, and Stephen Pearson at times is no more than a headless chicken. Sometimes Reiziger looks alright, but 'quality' is one thing he is not.

Boro are taking a huge risk, Hasselbaink and Viduka up front together? Both of them are huffy as f**k.

"I'm no passin to you cos you're no passin to me!"

Can I just add I hate Steve McLaren because he seems unable to answer a question without having this grin across his face. No really, he can't do it, watch next time! And he's forever announcing to the world that he is after this player and that player, aren't managers meant to be coy on these subjects?

Following on from the transfers topic Boro, I'm not in the least bit jealous of Viduka and Hasselbaink - we bought Viduka for £3m and sold him for £6.5, we made our money on him already. Hasselbaink at times is one of the laziest players I've ever seen, and although not 'past it' (top scorer for Chelsea last year) is certainly not the player he used to be.

We'll see next season, we'll see :D

As for McClaren the press lifted the lid on the Viduka and Yakuba deals, so he came clean. He hasnt been banding around any of the others. For example Mendieta and Zenden were utter suprises last season, as Hasselbaink ould be this season - noone from boro ever once mentioned we were after him.

EIO EIO EIO EIO :mryellow:

boro, is hasselbaink at boro now?

besiktas fans are waiting for the answer.

i heard there is a press conference today i hope ou can tell me whats the situation is like

Yeah I think Reizeger is shit too, him and V. Bronckhurst where the weak links at the back for Barca. Never rated him.

I agree Hasselbaink is huffy, but still think he's one of the best finishers around, wouldn't mind having him at Parkhead.

FD

Ernestito said:
boro, is hasselbaink at boro now?

besiktas fans are waiting for the answer.

i heard there is a press conference today i hope ou can tell me whats the situation is like

I'll keep you updated mate - press conference in 50mins

Back
Top Bottom