Microstutter PES 2011 with GTX460

you didn't fix anything. it worked before on 60hz refresh rate. we must find a way to work on higher refresh rate in win7.

what?

the game runs @ 60 fps, 60Hz is ideal, 120Hz would be okay too

microstutter had nothing to do with refresh rate anyways

i am talking about a particular problem with gtx460 and 260.xx drivers

My vid. card -> MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/2000 clocks (GPU/Shader/Mem.)
OS -> Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I've installed 259.81 WHQL Quadro drivers with a modified inf file,
microstutters are gone.

*** http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=331547 <- check here for the drivers and the modified .inf file ***

I suppose it really is a problem with the 260.xx series of drivers.
---------------
CP settings for pes2011.exe

AF -> 16x
AA Gamma Corr. -> On
AA Mode -> Application Controlled
AA Transp. -> Off
Extension Limit -> Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames -> 0
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration -> Single display performance mode
Power management mode -> Prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering Anisotropic sample opt. -> Off
T. f. Negative LOD bias -> Clamp
T. f. Quality -> High Quality
T. f. Trilinear opt. -> Off
Threaded opt. -> On
Triple buffering -> Off
Texture filtering Aniso. filter opt. -> Off
Vsync -> Force On

---------------
AF = Anisotropic filtering
AA = Antialiasing
opt. = optimization
T.f. = Texture filtering
---------------

1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz Windows resolution
1280x1024 ingame/fullscreen (5:4/LB) Frameskip & Vsync not checked (in pes2011 settings.exe)

Hello!

Wow! Thank you sooooooooooo much!

With your drivers and settings the game finally runs perfect! After endless days of trying everything out, it runs super smooth!

Thank you, thank you, thank you

greets
john

what?

the game runs @ 60 fps, 60Hz is ideal, 120Hz would be okay too

microstutter had nothing to do with refresh rate anyways

i am talking about a particular problem with gtx460 and 260.xx drivers

you missed the point here.

problems are because of refresh rate in win7. whatever driver you use, it's the same.

game runs flawless at 60hz, but if you set it to 75hz, there is a lag. and it's only in win7.

Hi madball, did you get this sorted out yet? I recently replaced my 4850 with a GTX 460 1gb and I'm suffering the same stuttering.

I've heard you can flash a bios to run the card at 625 mhz instead of the 405 mhz "downclock" speed. But I haven't the nerve to try it! I think I'll just wait for any new drivers.

Last edited:
what that has to do with it?

on win xp i always used 72hz refresh rate (i don't have that option in win7) and the game ran perfect.

hang on a sec your telling me that on 70 and above the game doesn't stutter no way, i cant manage to play more than 60hz if thats what your saying

Hi madball, did you get this sorted out yet? I recently replaced my 4850 with a GTX 460 1gb and I'm suffering the same stuttering.

I've heard you can flash a bios to run the card at 625 mhz instead of the 405 mhz "downclock" speed. But I haven't the nerve to try it! I think I'll just wait for any new drivers.

only way i can play it without stuttering is to set refresh rate in windows control panel at 60hz.

when i used win xp i had on 72hz and pes 2011 ran perfect. but on win7 it doesn't.

hang on a sec your telling me that on 70 and above the game doesn't stutter no way, i cant manage to play more than 60hz if thats what your saying

i just say that on win7 i cannot play pes on normal refresh rate that my monitor can handle by default (75hz). on win xp i could.

My config: c2d e4400@2.8ghz, asus hd4850 1gb, 4 gb ram ocz,old crt lg 775ft flatron

windows xp 32bit sp 3
Pes 2011
game settings: 1280x1024, high, frame skipping: off, v-syc:on,
catalyst settings: all max
game runs very smooth always 60 fps

Pes 2010:Lod kitserver settings all max, games run very smooth:

Windows 7 64bit

Pes 2011
If I'm using settings like in windowsx xp I have big stuttering.
I try use D3Doverrider, turn off v-sync in game settings. It's very helpful but I still have small stutter. I want to keep Windows 7 64bit but in major time I play PES.

I was searching lots of probably causes of this problem and I still don't have solution.

Hi Imczas!

Wich drivers do you use? Try geforce 258.96 drivers and use the settings posted by nudlovac in this thread!

I think its a problem of cuda version in the nvidia drivers. 258.96 got cuda 3.1.1 and all new drivers use cuda 3.2.1 . With Cuda 3.2.1 i got stuttering all the time!

Greets
John

just set "power management mode - prefer maximum performance" in the NVCP (use msi afterburner to monitor your GPU clocks, you'll see that it runs @ 3d clocks then, instead of 2D)

just set "power management mode - prefer maximum performance" in the NVCP (use msi afterburner to monitor your GPU clocks, you'll see that it runs @ 3d clocks then, instead of 2D)

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a go. This is my first nvidia card so I don't know all the little tricks yet.

tbh i haven't played PES in a while, haven't even started it up since i installed the 1.02 patch, settings wise i changed nothing, no new drivers either, will try new ones when nvidia releases a reliably working set.

honestly i did not notice any lags at all, compared to what it was before, if i monitor my FPS i see it drops from 60,1 to 59,1 and jumps back up again constantly, the problem i suppose that madball was talking about

however it still does that even if i set my display refresh to 75 in windows

That's exactly what I'm getting too, constantly flipping between 60 and 59 fps.

I've noticed on the nvidia website that it's now being over a month since the 260.99 drivers were released.

Maybe they realise there's a problem and it's taking a bit longer to release new drivers to fix it.

just played again the first time since 1.02 came out, installed new drivers in the meantime, 265.90 quadro, bought a new display also, 120Hz samsung,
i don't know what caused it, i guess the drivers, but it runs butter smooth now @ 120Hz with no special app profile, just triple buffer ON and application controlled vsync in NVCP

also the game is much harder vs. AI with the newest patch lol

I have an ATI 5850.

With PES, not nearly enough of the graphic cards power is demanded, therefore the card switches into 2D mode. This means that the clock drops from 1000MHZ to 200MHZ. When this happens, or when their is a big change in fan speed, the game will jump as the switch takes place.

I would recommend using the graphic card drivers to force 3D mode when playing PES.

YOU ARE A CHAMPION! Hahaha I've been getting the most random stutters in PES2011 with a HD6870 and I now realised it was all because of my FAN PROFILE! I created a fan profile in MSI afterburner to increase fan speed as gpu temp increased...turns out whenever the fan speed changed the game stuttered. I got stuttering about 3-4 times every 30 secs because my fan speed would change (usually the in-game replays stress my gpu more and increase the temp making the fan speed change...then during normal gameplay the temp would fall meaning the fan speed would fall creating stuttering)

It had nothing to do with the clocks changing though...only fan speed because I set my fan speed to be fixed at 35% and now it runs at a perfect 60FPS no stuttering.

I thought all u need to do is disable the aero features of win 7, should work fine, at least for me...

Hello guys. I found the solution for ATI cards finally :))
I had this microstutter on my HD 5770. Really annoying. Now it's gone.
What i did :
-Download AMD GPU Clock Tool (recommended version is 0.9.26.0)
-Set core and memory clocks to your card's 3d default. In my case it was 850/1200
-Close or minimise the tool.
-Run the game.

The clocks are solid like a rock. You can check with MSI Afterburner. The stuttering is gone. Voila :DANCE:

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem again after i had to reinstall my windows 7 64bit. The game is not running smooth. I mean the stuttering happens every 10 seconds or so.

I have tried the 258.96, 259.81 quadro, 260.99 and the newest 266.35 beta driver from nvidia! Not one worked for me. Tried it with D3DOverrider, disabled the antivirus, checked 60hz solution, disabled windows defender, run as admin, etc. etc.

Anyone with a newer Nvidia card (GTX 460 or so) could please post wich driver he uses and what settings works for him?

Please I cant find this problem.

Thx
john

Just in case you might have missed it nvidia have released new 266.58 drivers. I'm going to install them shortly to see if there's any improvement on my 460 gtx.

Hi!
Installed it 20 minutes ago, and this is a really great driver! Maybe with some settings tuning it could be the best in a long time.

Please share setting if its running smooth for you!
Thanks
John

Sorry for taking so long to reply, my broadband was on the blink for the past couple of days.

Yeah they're great drivers, game's being running smooth with no problems touch wood.

My settings are fairly "vanilla" to be honest.

In the nvidia control panel I've set up a profile for pes11.exe and set the power management mode to max performance, and set triple buffering to on, I've touched nothing else.

In the pes settings I'm playing at 1920x1080 with 16:9 selected and LB unselected.

Picture quality is set to high,and I've got v synch and disable movie-playback ticked,and frame skipping unticked.

So far so good!

Hey thanks!

Have to try it! I am not able to play the game, cause the stutters kill me! Have tried really everything (Changed PSU, changed hdd for a faster one, ram tests, cpu stress test, gpu performance and stability tests, every single setting on and off) with no success.

Its strange cos with an ati card (HD4850) i got no problems (in combination with ati tray tools and vsync and triple buffering forced on.
Maybe i have to change my card for a newer ati card?

Greets
John

I have an ATI 4890 which replaced my 4850 and with a Radeon Pro i have it running smooth. Occassionly i try something new to try and eliminate using radeonpro but with no joy.

Back
Top Bottom