Microstutter PES 2011 with GTX460

johnconstantine

Conference
17 January 2006
Hi all!
I have a problem with my new videocard msi gtx460 cyclone
and pro evo 11. The game runs not really smooth!
I mean the game runs with vsync on and constant 60fps, but there are always microstutters and the game breaks to 59fps for a second. This happens every 5-8 seconds.

Ive tried every settings and all available drivers from nvidia incl. newest Betas. The funny thing is, with my old card an ati hd 4850 the game runs smooth. There i have to use radeon pro to force vsync and triple buffering on and the game runs super smooth.

I tried with all settings from evo-web etc. but nothings changed.

My Setup is
Windows 7 64bit
Intel E8400 3,0 ghz
4 gig ram
Msi neo-f p43 motherboard
500 w PSU

I hope someone has an solution to my problem, cause i would love to play the game with my new videocard.

Greets John
Sorry for my bad english.

Well i am not an Nvidia user but i can't see it being Microstuttering guys as that only usually affects multi GPU users.. Xfire/Sli,i've never heard of anyone suffering from it with a single card setup.If you do a google search you'll see that, so that's a bit of good news as microstuttering is a real ball ache.

A couple of things to try.. disable aero before playing, if you don't use windows search much disable it via services ( it uses a lot of resources )there is a guide HERE,... try something like nhancer/d3doverrider & mess with pre rendered frames/force tripple buffer etc.I know you have probably tried tripple buffer in NV control panel but that won't force it, you need a third party app to do that.Your setup seems good but you might want to update your PSU as GTX460 really requires 550wat PSU., good look i hope you sort it.

Last edited:
I've just sorted mine out, I think. My settings in RadeonPro are:

Mipmap Level = High Quality
Catalyst AI = Standard
Force Refresh = 1
Force Refresh Rate = 60
Disable Aero = 1
ForceHighPriority = 1

And I have VSync enabled in the settings.exe. Not sure why that works but it does.

Hey guys thanks for the reply s!
My monitor is a samsung p2450h and i play it on 1920x1080.

Will try out your suggestions tomorrow, cause i have to remove my ati card, clean old driver via driver sweeper and install my gtx 460. I have done this procedure a couple of times the last days!!
I tried it with d3doverrider but same problem and nhancer does not support the new drivers from nvidia.

Funny thing is that with my ati card i had the same problems with pes 2010 until i forced vsync and triple buffering via radeonpro.

I really would love to play this fantastic game with my
new videocard, cause the picture quality is soo much better than on my ati card!

Thanx again guys

Greets John

also having problem with pes 2011 full version. demo played like a charm but with full version i have some little annoying lag during the gameplay. why is this happening?

specs:

athlon II x4 635
4gb ddr3
gt240 512mb ddr5
win7 home premium 64bit

just to mention, all other new games work perfect on my pc. only pes has lag.

Hi guys I also have GTX460 Cyclone and found solution.
Don't install the newest drivers 258.96 & 260.63 are crap!!
Use driver from MSI Disc (mine is 258.56) link here http://www.fileserve.com/file/Pn4zRsJ

also open nvidia control panel and switch on max permormance like here (sorry but my OS is in polish)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I changed this energy mode to max performance stutering in PES11,FIFA11 and NBA2K11 just gone.

specs.
I3-530@4.4GHz
4Gb DDR3
GTX460 768Mb Cyclone
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit

Last edited:
Mine also have that micro stutter. I is very visible that you can notice is using Fraps that the frame dropping from 60 to 59 and it is very fast, but still noticeable. It ruin the whole beauty really.

My rig : AMD 2 Phenom X2 555 BE Unlock 3.4GHz
Asus 450GTS

Shouldn't be any problem, even NBA2K11 Play like butter.

for the best experience lately i have tried 1024 x 768 resolution and vsync on in the settings of the game, nvidia settings must be left untouched game runs perfect

nothing helped me here.

i still have small lag during the gameplay in the centre of middlefield.

demo worked flawless. i don't know what went wrong with full version. i have ultra high pc for this kind of game.

Thanks krisdee and all the other guys.
With your settings and driver the game run almost perfect, but the problem is still there. The game lags now only ca. 10 times a game. I dont think this is an Win 7 issue, cause it would lag also with my ati card.

I have reinstalled my ATI HD 4850 and everything runs smooth again.
Have to wait for new drivers to be released.
Hopefully they fix it! Or else i have to put my new card on ebay!

Thanks again
Greets John

Are you using radeon pro?

I have it but i'm not sure what half of the tweaks mean so i'm just chopping and changing its features at the moment.

Hover over the features & you get an explanation of them, my settings in radeon pro (click spoiler) everything running very smooth.Can't say these settings will work for everyone... different card/cpu/os = different settings.

Everything default here

Flipque = pre rendered frames

And vsync/T-buffer etc

Scripts/Launcher/Triggers , you don't need to touch.

Last edited:
FIX!

Guys.
I had the exact same problem. Running max at 1920x1080 and 16AF. 60fps solid, but random stutters.
I tried everything. I downloaded monitoring tools to see where the lag was once I realized that it was not the video card.
And what I found is that that it is my ANTIVIRUS.
For some reason pes2011.exe generates antivirus activity, and this creates the stutter. I disable Kasperksy while I play, and VOILA! Perfect!
Try it. Disable your antivirus and all will be perfect. The extra hard disk actitivity and antivirus check is what creates the lag.

I'm running a ati 4890 hd 1 gig card on windows vista 4 gig of ram e8500 intel processor how about you.

OS = Win 7 ultimate x64
Gfx = ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB GDDR5 memory
CPU = AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition OC @ 3.8ghz
RAM = 4gig PQI DDR2
Cooling = Coolit water cooler (on cpu)
PSU = FSP Blue Storm 500W

Last edited:
The stutter is caused by the sound engine, i used creative alchemy in windows and put the frame rendering to 5 and it got rid of the stutter, also lowering the duration to 20 and the buffers to 10 in the achlemy settings helps.

Also turning skype and any other applications off is needed too

Last edited:
The stutter is caused by the sound engine, i used creative alchemy in windows and put the frame rendering to 5 and it got rid of the stutter, also lowering the duration to 20 and the buffers to 10 in the achlemy settings helps.

Is there any way to achieve this for those of us without a Creative soundcard?

where does it say frame rendering in creative alchemey

FIX!

Guys.
I had the exact same problem. Running max at 1920x1080 and 16AF. 60fps solid, but random stutters.
I tried everything. I downloaded monitoring tools to see where the lag was once I realized that it was not the video card.
And what I found is that that it is my ANTIVIRUS.
For some reason pes2011.exe generates antivirus activity, and this creates the stutter. I disable Kasperksy while I play, and VOILA! Perfect!
Try it. Disable your antivirus and all will be perfect. The extra hard disk actitivity and antivirus check is what creates the lag.

I dont think thats the problem in my specific case, cause i have no stutters with my ati card just with the gtx 460.

I think the problem is driver related!

Hope for new NVIDIA drivers that solve the problem.

greets john

i wud suggest to play in the native resolution of ur screen
or one below but same aspect ratio

thanks again for the tip appreciated, dude my screen size is 1280 x 1028 shows up as 5:4, 1024 x 768 is 4:3, and also it shows up 1162 x 864 4:3 playing at 1024 x 768 seems realistic because the gameplay is what it should be strangely my monitors native resolution as i sais was 1280 x 1024 but at this resolution there is slight lag in gameplay not that i can notice it but swithcing to 124 x 768 is better what is your opinion?

Hi all!
I have a problem with my new videocard msi gtx460 cyclone
and pro evo 11. The game runs not really smooth!
I mean the game runs with vsync on and constant 60fps, but there are always microstutters and the game breaks to 59fps for a second. This happens every 5-8 seconds.

I have an ATI 5850.

With PES, not nearly enough of the graphic cards power is demanded, therefore the card switches into 2D mode. This means that the clock drops from 1000MHZ to 200MHZ. When this happens, or when their is a big change in fan speed, the game will jump as the switch takes place.

I would recommend using the graphic card drivers to force 3D mode when playing PES.

not really ingame settings are always the best because the game decides if cpu or gpu will be used, in the nvidia settings physx must be disabled because this game uses cpu first and then gpu for high res

not really ingame settings are always the best because the game decides if cpu or gpu will be used, in the nvidia settings physx must be disabled because this game uses cpu first and then gpu for high res

Mate your talking about nvidia , & as BillBillson say's it is a problem for the ati 5xxxxx series, as i wrote in this thread -> http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2085537&highlight=hawke#post2085537 @ post#15 , ati's powerplay is a pain for pes,it was last year as well, but i modded my bios to use 3d clocks across the board so i don't have the problem now & Bill seems to have found another solution . But he is correct mate , with the 5xxxx series sliping between2d/3d clocks..

Back
Top Bottom