Microstutter PES 2011 with GTX460

I believe my micro-stutter got to do with Window 7 59Hz problem. Before this, when I'm using 8800GT, i locked the frame using PowerStrip, and it work flawlessly. But with my new 450GTS, the lock frame rate is grayed out, and unaccessible. It try to create custom resolution,with the 60.01 method, but after saving and opening again, the custom resolution keep reverting to 59Hz.

I too am having microstutters in pes 2011 im running at i7 920 with gtx 260, i have tried all sorts too get the game smooth, pre rendered frames and nothing works, i do think it is a driver issue as i have no problems with other games, and i think it has too do with the card reverting from 3d/2d either way this is a problem, i cant have a game without it jumping and lagging, this is offline btw, im on xp so will the powerstrip fix the issue if on xp?, thanks

Last edited:
I'm also experiencing this problem, gtx460 260.89 beta drivers, no matter what settings i use in nvcp, antivirus rt prtection off, afterburner not running, windowed or fullscreen, vsync on or off, the stuttering persists,
however I am under the impression "pre-rendered frames" set to 5 has lessened the problem somewhat... dunno, here's to hoping nvidia comes out with a decent driver soon, or maybe a patch from konami..

edit: i don't think it's because of 2D/3D clocks, i forced max performance for pes, clocks stay at 3D levels, stuttering still there

Last edited:
I too am having microstutters in pes 2011 im running at i7 920 with gtx 260, i have tried all sorts too get the game smooth, pre rendered frames and nothing works, i do think it is a driver issue as i have no problems with other games, and i think it has too do with the card reverting from 3d/2d either way this is a problem, i cant have a game without it jumping and lagging, this is offline btw, im on xp so will the powerstrip fix the issue if on xp?, thanks

That is exactly what it is for most people on here complaining about this game not running great on thier GTx 480 etc.

New powerful gfx cards all auto-select lower clockds for less demanding activities, and PES 2011 straddles in between 3D and 2D as far as the video card is concerned.

Hi all!
I have a problem with my new videocard msi gtx460 cyclone
and pro evo 11. The game runs not really smooth!
I mean the game runs with vsync on and constant 60fps, but there are always microstutters and the game breaks to 59fps for a second. This happens every 5-8 seconds.

Ok.

I have got as far too the root of the problem here as I can.

First, you got to make sure that your graphic card's GPU clocks aren't jumping around like crazy trying to save energy in a low demand application. For ATI owners, disabling 'powerplay' is a real pain in the arse. NVidia, I am not sure about.

Once this is done, you have to UNTICK the Skip Frames box in the Settings Panel. The disadvantage with this is that all your replays and cut scenes will then run at console speeds, instead of a smooth 60 fps.

So with the clocks set at a fixed value, and this option unticked, you wont suffer the judder/microstutter every 5-6 seconds. Having said that, the game will still slow down and drag and generally run pretty shite despite FRAPS reporting a solid 60 fps. I am afraid that is just the way things are. The game is a direct console port from the 360 with absolute zero optimisation for PCs which are several times more powerful than the consoles.

The PES dev team are clearly a one trick pony who have failed to develop with modern tech. It is up to the end user whether the are prepared to hand over their cash for a consistently buggy sub-par product....(for the 2nd year in a row, I haven't bought the game)

o_O
pes 2010 ran fine, pes 2009 ran fine, pes 2011 with certain videocards has stuttering lags, nothing caused by being a console port; the previous titles also were ports....
3D clocks forced, skipframes unticked, vsync forced etc. it's of no use, there are still those microstutters no matter what, exceptionally annonying online when they add up with lag for a nearly unplayable experience

you guys should check gpu usage during the game. Usually if there's stuttering, its because the GPU usage isn't utilized properly.
For those with Nvidia for example, I don't think even the new beta drivers have full support(a dedicated profile) for PES2011.

I remember we had it for both PES2009/2010 but only after a few months the game was released.

o_O
pes 2010 ran fine, pes 2009 ran fine, pes 2011 with certain videocards has stuttering lags, nothing caused by being a console port; the previous titles also were ports....
3D clocks forced, skipframes unticked, vsync forced etc. it's of no use, there are still those microstutters no matter what, exceptionally annonying online when they add up with lag for a nearly unplayable experience

There were always small microstutters, although not as bad as with PES 2011. The fact that Konami never have done anything to address these issues reeks of lame console port. They are doing nothing and providing no in-game options to allow PC users to easily customise the game for thier machine, instead we got to spend hours trying out lots of elaborate random shit until we find something that works ok.

And also, I changed gfx cards last year from a 4870 to a 5850. PES 2010 went from being smooth to being rather a rather rough experience that required many work-arounds in order for me to get the game back to its old smoothness. It seems that people with powerful modern cards have problems with PES....because it is a lame console port that doesn't take into consideration newer modern technology. Slap a 2900XT (which is what powers a x-box 360) into your rig and the game would probably run slippery smooth.

I'm not jokung but you all have to believe me ,I bought last Tuesday a new SONY vaio:
WIN7 home pre. x64/ATI mobility radeon 5650 hd 1 gb/4 gb ddr3/core i3 2.4/full hd display 15.6'
PES 2011 and FIFA 2011 are running very smoothly without any problems even when chatting ,unlike PES 2006,I googled trying to find a solution for refresh rate and V-sync problem for PES 2006 ,but all in vain ..so if any one can help me,I'll be gratefull for his assistance, and also tell me the best gfx for enjoying gaming as I only know how to configure nvidia control panel as on my desktop 8800 gts

Last edited:
Hover over the features & you get an explanation of them, my settings in radeon pro (click spoiler) everything running very smooth.Can't say these settings will work for everyone... different card/cpu/os = different settings.

Everything default here

Flipque = pre rendered frames

And vsync/T-buffer etc

Scripts/Launcher/Triggers , you don't need to touch.

WHAT THIS MAN SAID^^^

I have a Radeon 5850 and copied the above settings in RadeonPro to a T. Now the game runs like a charm....except for the motion blur which I am still looking for a way to get rid off. Other games of course give you an in game option to turn this ugly animation raping §hit off...but not PES.

I was so pleased with RadeonPro (it also can be used to totally transform how other games are running, i.e. Withcer, FIFA 11) I even donated $10 to the coders Paypal account (which is $10 more than Konami will get out of me this year and every year until they can release a fully functional product)

problem is confirmed!

lag is because of refresh rate. if you set refresh rate above 60hz in control panel and nvidia control panel in win7, you will have those slowdows. but if you choose 60hz, the game runs flawless.

this is not happening in win xp, just in win 7 and i cannot understand why.

I can confirm there is a problem with win xp too. I have tried everything, nothing is working and the game is barely playable--its so fucking annoying. Never had this problem with demo.

How do we solve this? Can we only wait for new Nvidia driver?????!!

I have only just got rid of my stutter after spending a lot of time disabling and enabling features in CCC and RadeonPro. But now i have it just right, smooth as a babies bottom. Why the fook Konami can't release a game that runs properly straight out the box. Saying that you only have to look at their shocking online servers to see they don't give a damn about its users.

sorry my friend but I want to tell you that the V-sync problem is only on windows7 not on xp as I use xp with my nividia 9600gt on my desktop,but seven with ati 5650 hd on my sony vaio,,tearing is only on seven .But I'm not suffering this problem with PES 11 but PES 06

Last edited:
Why the fook Konami can't release a game that runs properly straight out the box?

Cos they are stupid fucking arseholes. Mind you, FIFA 11 on PC is exact same in that Radeon Pro is required for anyone with a gfx card that is vaguely up to date. I think that with the consoles developers are out of the habit of catering for compatibility issues. Games are built for the 360. PC gamers get higher quality textures and a bit more graphical effects and eye candy and nothing more.

Looks like were stuck with having a microstutter crap till a fix comes out:FAIL:

why are u stuck with it?

The game ran like crap for me despite me having a rig that is 5 times more powerful than required for this game.

...but using the various fixes posted in this thread, I got it now running slippery smooth.

I have an ATI 5850.

1st, I had to disable powerplay by creating a CCC profile and editing the settings ini file. when I am wanting to play ProEvo, I have to activate this file. A quick google on this should provide adequate instructions. (Powerplay causes newer ATI cards to constantly jump between low level clocks whilst the game is playing and is the cause of a lot of problems, but not thee cause of all the problems).

2nd, I disabled the in-game V-sync and the so called 'Frame Skipping'

3rd, I downloaded RadeonPro and copied Hawke's settings earlier in the thread

Yes, it is fucking ridiculous that the end user has to do all this to get the game to run properly......but now for me, the game runs 100% smooth.

P.S. This is Konami. Wait for a 'fix', and u will be waiting until PES 2012 (which no doubt will have all the same problems)

Last edited:
Nothing has worked for me in this thread though i do appreciate all the tips--Just can't get rid of the stutter no matter what I've tried.

I have an nvidia gx220 1g--I fucking give up!!

Thanks to all.

Nothing has worked for me in this thread though i do appreciate all the tips--Just can't get rid of the stutter no matter what I've tried.

I have an nvidia gx220 1g--I fucking give up!!

Thanks to all.

Have you tried the newest drivers 260.99 beta?
I also gave up. Now my brand new gtx 460 lies next to my pc
and im playing with my old ati hd 4850.

I hope they solve the problem with a patch from konami or with
the new 261 drivers from nvidia!

Greets
John

260.63(?), 260.89(whql&beta) and 260.99 all have the microstutter problem

i'll try the even older 258.96 later today and report my impressions

why are u stuck with it?

The game ran like crap for me despite me having a rig that is 5 times more powerful than required for this game.

...but using the various fixes posted in this thread, I got it now running slippery smooth.

I have an ATI 5850.

1st, I had to disable powerplay by creating a CCC profile and editing the settings ini file. when I am wanting to play ProEvo, I have to activate this file. A quick google on this should provide adequate instructions. (Powerplay causes newer ATI cards to constantly jump between low level clocks whilst the game is playing and is the cause of a lot of problems, but not thee cause of all the problems).

2nd, I disabled the in-game V-sync and the so called 'Frame Skipping'

3rd, I downloaded RadeonPro and copied Hawke's settings earlier in the thread

Yes, it is fucking ridiculous that the end user has to do all this to get the game to run properly......but now for me, the game runs 100% smooth.

P.S. This is Konami. Wait for a 'fix', and u will be waiting until PES 2012 (which no doubt will have all the same problems)

Maybe if u read my posts you would see im on nvidia not ati, hence were stuck with the microstutter...., plus if you did read you would see what i have changed settings and tried every setting on and off nothing works, so once again stuck with the microstutter, Oh and next time maybe read post before just posting a comment....:RANT:

Is there somewhere we can post complaints on Konami site to ask for our money back--this is a crock of shit not being able to play this year.

My vid. card -> MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/2000 clocks (GPU/Shader/Mem.)
OS -> Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I've installed 259.81 WHQL Quadro drivers with a modified inf file,
microstutters are gone.

*** http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=331547 <- check here for the drivers and the modified .inf file ***

I suppose it really is a problem with the 260.xx series of drivers.
---------------
CP settings for pes2011.exe

AF -> 16x
AA Gamma Corr. -> On
AA Mode -> Application Controlled
AA Transp. -> Off
Extension Limit -> Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames -> 0
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration -> Single display performance mode
Power management mode -> Prefer maximum performance
Texture filtering Anisotropic sample opt. -> Off
T. f. Negative LOD bias -> Clamp
T. f. Quality -> High Quality
T. f. Trilinear opt. -> Off
Threaded opt. -> On
Triple buffering -> Off
Texture filtering Aniso. filter opt. -> Off
Vsync -> Force On

---------------
AF = Anisotropic filtering
AA = Antialiasing
opt. = optimization
T.f. = Texture filtering
---------------

1280x1024x32 @ 60Hz Windows resolution
1280x1024 ingame/fullscreen (5:4/LB) Frameskip & Vsync not checked (in pes2011 settings.exe)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom