Microsoft Xbox One

Bought myself an Xbox One this morning (I've already got a PS4).

What have MS done to the controller?! It sucks now.

Titanfall is fun, dont get the hype. YET. Tell me it grows on me?

I like the Xbox One controller. Not sure if it's because the bulky battery compartment is gone or what, but to me it feels much more comfortable to hold than the last one.

My days, Titanfall is UGLY.

I fear for the Xbox One if they are going to release games like this in the long run with terrible visuals etc.

NEXT GEN and what, 720p, no 60 fps?! These are BASICS that we should be getting considering we've waited an age for these machines.

I am dissapointed so far. Kinect works well though and the Golf game is lots of fun.

Far more impressed with the PS4 so far though. Less clunky, nicer controller this time (IMO), easier to navigate, better looking games (so far).

It's going to be interesting gen for the fanbois. Think Sony are edging things at the moment.

My days, Titanfall is UGLY.

I fear for the Xbox One if they are going to release games like this in the long run with terrible visuals etc.

NEXT GEN and what, 720p, no 60 fps?! These are BASICS that we should be getting considering we've waited an age for these machines.

I am dissapointed so far. Kinect works well though and the Golf game is lots of fun.

Far more impressed with the PS4 so far though. Less clunky, nicer controller this time (IMO), easier to navigate, better looking games (so far).

It's going to be interesting gen for the fanbois. Think Sony are edging things at the moment.

I've seen all sorts of high end graphics on PC and PS4 and I wouldn't say Titanfall is ugly by any stretch. As far as frame rate, outside of the drop in sequence at the beginning of a round, I find the game very smooth. I'm sure it's nearly always at 60 fps. I'm sure you have a different home theater set up, but that's my experience.

And as far as the controller goes, I now find it far better than the 360 controller after initially not liking it. So maybe you will too.

But Titanfall is super fun for me.

I played Tittyfall for a long time last night and I just don't get what the fuss is about.

I respect that many, many people love it. But I'm just not feeling it yet.

And as far as the controller goes, I now find it far better than the 360 controller after initially not liking it. So maybe you will too.

Same here, i went back to the 360 the other day to play WC2014 and absolutly hated the controller! And to think i was a big critic of the XB1 controller when it came out, now that i got used to it, its just natural, better than the 360 one.

Wait a minute. I thought Microsoft said Kinect was Xbox One and an integral part of the Xbone ecosystem. What ever happened?:CONF:

Really have handled the whole thing pathetically and unprofessionally since the initial announcement onwards, you'd have thought for a company that really dominated last gen they would have learned what to do and what not to do, they went from doing 90% of things right to doing 90% of things wrong. MS = Backtrackers.

£350 seems awfully expensive. Didn't the kinect cost about £90-£100 on last gen? So an improved version must be either the same or more. I was expecting to read the new price at the most £299. Not like £20 price reduction.

Also kinda shits on what made the console unique and now splits the developers into the 'with/without kinect' games..... No doubt more will go without now.

Edit
Just read the press release notes.
I noticed a part where they throw out stats of who uses the kinect and what for.

Didn't they claim they wouldn't monitor gamers?

Last edited:
I'm thinking they finally got rid of it since they took strong notice of VR demand which would eventually mean much less/no interest in kinect.

I'm happy though, but I'll wait this one out surely when a better pricing hit the shelves.

Xbox U all the way!

Kinect is shite. I hate it.

I've already boxed my Xbox One back up. The UI is clunky, I hate the controller and the games just aren't doing it for me.

Thing is, I don't think the store will take it back now so I've thrown money down the drain.

AV Forums it is...

Kinect is shite. I hate it.

I've already boxed my Xbox One back up. The UI is clunky, I hate the controller and the games just aren't doing it for me.

Thing is, I don't think the store will take it back now so I've thrown money down the drain.

AV Forums it is...

Yep, Kinect, a gimmick, is a failure. I knew it would be when it was launched. They should have asked me about it. Microsoft need to continue cleaning house with that tool Yusuf Mehdi.

Just seen an advert for Far Cry 4 on the Xbone and 360. Is that an exclusive or something?

EDIT: No it's not.

Last edited:
I'm thinking they finally got rid of it since they took strong notice of VR demand which would eventually mean much less/no interest in kinect.

I'm happy though, but I'll wait this one out surely when a better pricing hit the shelves.

Xbox U all the way!

Surely it'd be the case that VR would lead to much more interest? Kinect serves the same function as the lights on the Morpheus/OR CC, as well as the lights on the Move. I think, if anything, MS have decided that VR is the way to shift Kinect, rather than changing TV channels by voice. Better to have more consoles that people can buy VR for in a few years, than to have half as many people ready to buy just a VR headset.

No idea. I've deleted my profile but I have the FIFA card to show to the kinect. Surely the game loaded to the console stats on console memory??

Edit - yea it will work. It has two licences as it's a download - 1 for the console and 1 for the user.

Last edited:
Be lucky to get 299.00 for that. 249.00 - 269.00 with free shipping and insurance seems about right.

it will cost about £25 to send so would rather pick up.

its th cheapest on ebay via buy it now.

People on ebay want something for nothing these days dont they??

Back
Top Bottom