Microsoft Xbox One

I love football games. Its the only thing I play on consoles. I think the reason Ive hardly touched my XBOX1 is that I dont have a decent PES to play.

I love what EA have done with FIFA NG its amazing but its no PES in its prime - for me anyway.

Until PES15 I doubt my Xbox1 will be on much.

any news on the live streaming (twitch) app that they said we would get after new years?

Atm the Twitch app is only to watch other channels.

News came out from ms the other day, saying it's still "someway off" and generally expected in the summer now :-/

Loving the Xbox One, but they really need to sort out being able to easily access your recent players list to mute people! At the mo I've had to change privacy settings so I can only allow voice and messages from friends only.

Yea there's loads of annoying little things that really shouldnt have been allowed through, but I'm picturing the devs still coding stuff as the couriers come in to take the ready to ship consoles out of their hands!!!

Hopefully all these bits will be fixed with the first proper patch which should be quite soon by all accounts.

yeh, the current dashboard still lacks lots of small funcionalities that we had on the 360, for exemple a simple thing(but usefull): u cant see the battery status of your controller, so u actually never know when its gonna die...

Another thing we dont have is the ability to kick plp from parties, wich is also very usefull.

DayZ creator Dean Hall has revealed that he has spoken “extensively with Microsoft” about its Xbox One hardware and although you shouldn’t read too much into what he’s said, it seems that other, unnamed sites have already done that for you, claiming that the game could come to the console. That’s not necessarily the case, but his feedback is interesting nonetheless.

The game probably isn’t guaranteed for Xbox One at the time of writing, but Hall was asked for his thoughts on the next-gen consoles during an interview with GameReactor. “We’d certainly consider release on any feasible platform with a realistic publishing model,” he began. “It seems like currently both of the next-gen consoles should provide an environment we can develop inside.”

Hall still feels that PC is the format of choice for now, and that PS4 and Xbox One have some proving to do. “I personally feel the new consoles have yet to prove themselves able to rival the PC experience, however I feel there is the potential from both.”

He added, “I’ve not personally had the opportunity to view the full details of the PS4 whereas I have had the opportunity to talk extensively with Microsoft. The next-gen consoles show very exciting promise. I’m hopeful that they can deliver on that.

“An important part of that, from my perspective, is encouraging and supporting third-party creative development to bring the ‘edginess’ of PC creative development into the console. I think if the role of Kinect/voice expands to where it is desired it could do some awesome things. I just think it’s too early to say at this point.”

So Hall doesn’t say that DayZ could come to Xbox One, but the fact that he’s speaking with Microsoft suggests there some form of dialogue there. What that involves however, is anyone’s guess.

Xbox One February update rolls out, adds battery power indicator, improves storage space management
The latest Xbox One software update also adds USB keyboard support and other improvements.

The Xbox One February update that adds the ability to see and manage your storage space and brings back the controller battery power indicator has started to roll out, according to Major Nelson's blog.

If you're using the Xbox One's "Instant On" feature, the console will check for updates next time you turn it off and begin downloading the update at off-peak hours in your local time.

The improvements to storage space management will make it easier to see how much space your content takes up, and allow you to control your install lineup and download queue. "Games" and "My Apps" have also been broken up into separate lists so you can create separate queues for both.

The battery power indicator is back as well, and will now appear on the home screen in the lower right, next to the clock.

The last major addition in this update is USB Keyboard support.

Some other notes about what's new in the Xbox One February update:

Ability to delete game and application save data
Improved installation and DLC management
Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
Separate game, application, and install queue lists
Addition of USB keyboard support
Improved NAT detection
Network Troubleshooter improvements
Blu-ray quality improvements
Significant performance and stability improvements

Gamespot

Good read.

Xbox One: Where it all went wrong, and how Microsoft ignored the warning signs.

http://ninjamoomin.seshn.com/xbox-one-where-it-all-went-wrong-and-how-microsoft-ignored-the-warning-signs-2/

Kinda old news and far too early to say "where it all went wrong" as its a marathon, not a sprint.

Who remembers how awful the PS3 was on launch and for a long while after?

That said, a lot of that article is true and M$ have made some shocking mistakes its definitely true.

I do really want a PS4 now and cant wait to compare the two for their overall experiences.

Its quite obvious that a lot of stuff will happen later on with the Xbox what with the cloud and what not and just like the current gen consoles they are still improving on games so i dont think any of us have to worry whatever console we get.

Microsoft have now officially confirmed the Xbox One will price drop to £399.99 and come with a free copy of TitanFall.

The new bundles will be released on February 28th.

That's a start although I think they'd be better off providing a Kinectless SKU and dropping the price some more on that option.

Twitch live streaming arriving in time for Titanfall on XBO! Good news - and also you can join the streamers 'party' for live chat I assume. That will be cool.

I'm only just getting into Twitch, but often stream whatever I'm doing on PS4, but had nobody viewing yet :(

Love the twitch streaming on ps4. Especially as I can watch the stream on my phone or ipad with the ps app and also use the chat which then pops up on the live stream itself. Plus I use it for second screen gaming on battlefield. I watch a friends live stream on the phone while I'm playing so I get a good understanding of what he's doing and vice versa. Works pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom