Microsoft Xbox One

Yea, I'd cancel that pre-order before it's too late. Looks like something the council would hand out.:LOL:

Last edited:
Anyone after an xbox one bundle (cod ghosts I think it was) may want to wait until Nov 15th.

Just seen a sneak peak at Argos's Christmas ads and assuming it wasn't just a mock ad, its a great price. Too good to be true price.

I've decided to get one from the AVForums classifieds. Paying £280 and it was only bought at the end of August so not too bad.

Got my dates wrong, the offer runs Nov 13th until the 19th.

This could just be a mock add, but it doesn't look it. At first I thought "price cut announcement incoming?" But it states at the bottom the regular price us something like £404.

£243.99 with cod ghosts

Last edited:
Well its not confirmed to be a real ad. I took a photo of it but to be honest, anyone can photoshop a pic so its not proof.
We should find out in a few weeks, though I'm leaning towards it being just a mock ad.

Here's the pic
20j1cp3.jpg

Last edited:
The ps4 isn't that much better and there both just mid spec pcs..

I play more on the one then I do my ps4 and brought alien isolation and destiny both for it despite the so called superiority of the ps4.

Tlou remastered was a gem on the ps4 but the one has the better pad,software lineup and online service.

Great machine for a sub 250 price point and not quite the weak console it's made out to be.

I only paid 150 quid for mine back when know one wanted them and you could pick up a console only freely on ebay for less then 200 quid just after launch and I've never regretted it.

Had to blag a psu from Microsoft by saying my dog had chewed mine(this was when they wanted you to return a faulty psu,you couldn't order just the psu just after launch).

Most games can be picked up sealed for around 30-35 quid on ebay if you wait a week or two and alien isolation I picked up last week for 35 quid on ebay.

Tempted to pick up a white one!..

Last edited:
M$ is practically giving that shit away since no one buy it.

You'd be surprised,there starting to sell now and ms will be aggressive with there pricing and marketing this winter..

For 250 quid or less there a bargain,you can't buy a PC for that,which will match it's performance and the games and resolution are getting better.

Never going to be a top end PC beater but it can hold it's own and will be pushed harder over the next few years,and it's a console designed for dx11 so the games will look better over time.

Don't believe the sony hype there roughly the same...I own both and the ps4 has it's own issues.

Last edited:
The ps4 isn't that much better and there both just mid spec pcs..

I play more on the one then I do my ps4 and brought alien isolation and destiny both for it despite the so called superiority of the ps4.

Tlou remastered was a gem on the ps4 but the one has the better pad,software lineup and online service.

Great machine for a sub 250 price point and not quite the weak console it's made out to be.

I'll bite. Come on now, I don't want to open up a can of worms but that's not true. The PS4 has the better specs overall. Developers opting for parity between the two is what gives you the illusion that they are the same, but wait until the exclusives come out the PS4 has a lot more power.

Obviously PC master race wins, but the price point on the consoles and convenience makes them overall good value.

performance and the games and resolution are getting better??? - Please explain.

Never going to be a top end PC beater but it can hold it's own?? Again explain..
and it's a console designed for dx11 so the games will look better over time.. Again explain....

Don't believe the sony hype there roughly the same... Again explain..

I own both and the ps4 has it's own issues. - Won't deny this the PS4 is severely lacking in features.

Please broaden your comments I am intrigued, as to how you come to your conclusions.

Last edited:
Well, I expected FH2 to be good but .... this is something else. What a superb game and I've barely done anything!

The console is a LOT bigger than I expected it to be too, it's massive! Also fairly noisy with hard drive clicking but today's update sorted that and it's very quiet now.

Pad is different to the Dualshock 4, will take some getting used to and the rumble triggers is very bizarre coming from the DS4, a great touch.

Not overly convinced on the OS, feels less snappy than the PS4 and things just feel like they take a little too long to get into them. Load screens between some bits is a bit disappointing. On the other hand, I feel like this OS has more ... character to it. There's more going on and more to see, more colours, just feels more involving.

I've not touched anything else besides FH2 so Forza 5 and D4 are still waiting to be played. I'll also check out the golf game as it's free.

Really quite pleased so far! :thumbsup:

Now I just need to add Gamertags of people who are still active and posting on forums etc. The Drivatars are an excellent idea and it's just not the same racing random people.

Please broaden your comments I am intrigued, as to how you come to your conclusions.

I own both and am a old PC hand so can comment neutrally...not based on spec sheets and supposed power.

They both have 86x architecture and the same custom made PC graphics card by amd which is a few years old now and gives a mid range PC performance.

That said you can code to the metal unlike PC architecture and optimise to one spec.

Yes the ps4 has the faster gddr5 ram over the ones ddr3 which is bridged via Esram but neither machine can really handle 1080p and 60 frames a second without frame dips and screen tearing and despite the ps4 hitting the so called higher resolution benchmark it's still has a cpu bottleneck despite its faster ram.

Dx11 will mean the games will look better,and I don't mean resolution or some supposed increase in performance.

It's all relative,there both going to struggle hitting the higher resolutional benchmark in the years to come when games become more demanding with effects and more on screen but they are still roughly the same machine.

Forget PCs there a different animal.

Ones cpu centric and ones gpu centric...in a nutshell they equally have the same weaknesses but at different ends of the spectrum...lamen enough for you or do I have to satisfy your ego by elaborating further?

If you want a solid online experience the one is the way to go and the ps4 whether via exclusives or 3rd party titles isn't going to be throwing up that much of a difference.

How ever much you tott up the numbers your only going to ever see a marginal difference in performance from the two consoles.

Last edited:
Like I say I own both but on a big telly that actually feedbacks a high resolution experience I generally prefer the look of the xbox ones games and the feel of the pad..

I don't think a tiny drop in resolution that's marginal at best makes the ps4 that much superior but it's just personal preference..

Each to there own and giving the choice I'd rather play destiny,alien isolation on the one..for me it's just a better pad.

Let's not pepper the ps4 up like its the holy grail of consoles there both descent machines for there price point that offer pretty much the same visual and gameplay experience.

I would have seriously thought about getting the PS4 but I've already got an Xbox live subscription, two of my mates that play FIFA bought the Xbox One and I prefer the controller on the Xbox. FIFA and Forza look great. I won't be playing it side by side with a PS4 or with a high end PC so I'm fine with my purchase. Just enjoying the gaming :)

p.s. what's the free golf game? is it kinect only?

I also hope your not coming across as a MS hater and how Sony are the saviour of the gamer..there both like any corporation there to strip you of your cash and given the opportunity will monopolise and price fix..

Specs just don't matter because when it comes down to it Nintendo will produce the better games in the next few years with the weaker machine..

Yeah we all love eye candy but when it comes down to it gameplay is always king.

Back
Top Bottom