Metal Gear Solid 4

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) on 12th June 2008

- MGS4 is not the game it could of been, nor the game it should have been if you believed the early trailers

The only early cutscenes I remember are the E3 announcement trailers where snake ran around looking for a seat and other people kept jumping into his and some other stuff happened. I think we saw raiden and then he pulled his mask off and it was snake or something as well.... and the first trailer using the real game i saw was i think the announcement of the game Konami made in Japan and the video i saw had some American bloke from Konami talking about how their game was truly next gen and used a lot of features not seen in other games.

So from those 2 vids, i cant really say i would have any big expectations of how the final game could and should turn out.

After that i saw a few cut scene style vids which if anyone thought the final game would play out like, they'd need their head looking at.

-

I'll pick this up either on release day or i might order online. And i'll post what i think then. I'm not a MGS fanboy as well so im pretty sure i wont be coming here and shouting 'omg gearz too is teh gay, dis is da real nex gen game!'

I think you will see alot fo 2nd hand copies of this a month after release, so I would hold on till then and pick it up cheaper. I havent read the Edge review yet, but 2 90min cutscenes, man that is crazy!

That's what I'll probably do, Holio. I haven't really played MGS games much before and it sounds like the game just wont be as good (obviously) if you haven't completed the other games.

I'll get it cheap in a month or two I reckon.

Preordered mine today and got the Saga DVD with the backstory on the three Snakes.

Cannot wait till next week.

Since I cant play this I'm going to have to find some clips of the cutscenes to complete the story. Am a huge fan of the series. Dags, the story starts from the NES with Metal Gear 1 and 2, then to the PSX, then PS2, and now on PS3. So the story is quite deep!

Yep Stef, I just haven't gotten into them to be honest. I played MGS on the NES for five minutes, played a lot of MGS2 I think (never completed it if I remember rightly) and didn't play any other MGS games.

Since I cant play this I'm going to have to find some clips of the cutscenes to complete the story. Am a huge fan of the series. Dags, the story starts from the NES with Metal Gear 1 and 2, then to the PSX, then PS2, and now on PS3. So the story is quite deep!

Msx actually. The NES ones are terrible 'dumbed-down' ports.

Yep, Msx titles, cartridge ones. And very very good for that time standards...

There is still a PSP version that tells alot about the story of BigBoss and when he met Frank Yaeger (Gray Fox).
Check the Metal Gear Retrospective on Gametrailers.com.

Seems like I was to late when pre-ordering the metal gear solid 4 special edition in Norway, anyone of you guys who knows about any English sites that sell the special edition? Dont expect I will get it though, bummer :ROLL:

2 x 90 min cutscenes? The longest I play is an hour at a time! Can you save in between cutscenes? Wasnt sure about this, enjoyed mgs 1 and 2 but got a bit sick of the codecs on msg2. Think I'll give this is miss till its cheap in the bargin bin.

MGS4 is out here already. Too bad i don't have a ps3.

Sods law - cancelled my MGS4 pre-order with ShopTo a week or so back after hearing about the 90 min cutscenes.

Just got an email from ShopTo to say they have processed and shipping the order today :(

Might keep it and sell some other games to subsidise it as I was going to get it eventually.

I have no idea why I'm telling you all this... :( I'm bored.

Sods law - cancelled my MGS4 pre-order with ShopTo a week or so back after hearing about the 90 min cutscenes.

Just got an email from ShopTo to say they have processed and shipping the order today :(

Might keep it and sell some other games to subsidise it as I was going to get it eventually.

I have no idea why I'm telling you all this... :( I'm bored.
You're bored? You're not the guy without a console to play who has to wait until after his exams to get a new one. :((

You're bored? You're not the guy without a console to play who has to wait until after his exams to get a new one. :((

LOL, I know, its terrible :)

I'm actually at home working, with my consoles all tucked up wanting to be played, so I know what it feels like!

LOL, I know, its terrible :)

I'm actually at home working, with my consoles all tucked up wanting to be played, so I know what it feels like!
:LOL: I've always been a fan of the MGS series but this time I think they have gone too far with the 90 minute cutscenes and making it PS3 exclusive. But my friend will be getting it anyway so I think I'll just go over to his and play it when he does.

Regarding my new console, I may be able to get it at the weekend if I try, but this period of waiting to get a new console is starting to bore me a lot. :TD:

has the 90 minute cut scene been officially confirmed? all ive read is speculations

its been officially denied that's for surer:LOL:

Strange, as GamesTM (i think), mention there being 'at least 2 cut scenes approaching the rumoured times' but due to Konami's review embargo they couldnt specifically say.

I got Edge yesterday in which they reviewed it, but I'm yet to read it...

Yep, I've heard a lot of places say there are two 90min cutscenes.

Yep, just read the Edge review and it was actually in there...

"...two cutscenes in particular approach the perilous 90 minute mark..."

Or the pillow :(
na the cutscnees from past games where not boring at all. and i expect these cutscehens to be better then some of the crap holywoon put out atm like hulk, indiana jones etc :LOL:

na the cutscnees from past games where not boring at all. and i expect these cutscehens to be better then some of the crap holywoon put out atm like hulk, indiana jones etc :LOL:

Yea, thats fine, you're probably right, but I personally dont have 90 minutes to sit and do nothing except watch a video game cut scene. I work from home and my job is really busy (hence my posting on here etc etc - I know! It gives me a quick break) - plus I have a house to run and a partner to share time with.

If Kojima wanted to tell the story and close MGS off, then release a seperate DVD of the cutscenes and allow the game to be played. I'm going to have to skip the cutscenes and miss out on a story (which to be fair I have little care in!).

Back
Top Bottom