Metal Gear Online (PS3)

Re: Metal Gear Solid Online (PS3)

Apparantly doesnt work though TG.

Need keys to make them work and also, i dont think the game servers are online until Monday AAAAAAND they are probably region locked :D

Best to wait till Thursday when we get our own version :)

We can download it tommorow from the EU store. Servers dont start until the 21st anyway. Also its not called Metal Gear Solid Online. Its called Metal Gear Online.

Basically for the USA one you need to Pre Order the game to get Key and for the European you dont need no key.

All you got to do is sign up on the site what Thomas posted above but it must be crapest coded site in history as it keeps saying your inactive all the time.

I dont think Asia have quite worked out the Internet tbh. :CONF:

No, not an MMO - just a pure MP. 16 players online, standard type MGS gameplay (graphics, controls etc) and a few modes like Deathmatch, Team Matches, CTF etc (except the 'flags' are a toy Frog and Rubber Duck... dont ask, crazy Asians!).

Looks very good - very tactical too as the maps are quite tight and the objectives apparantly are planted in a position that will need tactical approach.

Sounds good :)

i keep getting network errors while downloading the update - Then i have to quit the game - re load it back up and cross my fingers.

What a joke

Yea... its getting hammered... mines been going an hour (p2p) and its 47%.

Dunno why I'm bothering, you cannot do anything with it till Monday. What a day to launch, day before GTA... ouch!

Still, get it all ready and hopefully have a good go of it Monday.

Yea... its getting hammered... mines been going an hour (p2p) and its 47%.

Dunno why I'm bothering, you cannot do anything with it till Monday. What a day to launch, day before GTA... ouch!

Still, get it all ready and hopefully have a good go of it Monday.

You know something i dont ? :-pp

Gta launhces on 29th this is on Monday 21st :))

Last edited:
Ahhh FFS

I managed to get to 5% and then it errored on me and now im having to restart the game and start from 0% again.

This is pissing me off now - has no one told konami how to get updates to run in the background through the PSN!?

Ahhh FFS

I managed to get to 5% and then it errored on me and now im having to restart the game and start from 0% again.

This is pissing me off now - has no one told konami how to get updates to run in the background through the PSN!?

With you on this now Radiation. Was downloading for 90 mins, got upto about 60% and then crashed. Now I cannot even get the Online Agreement up.

Not worth keep trying, cannot do anything with it anyway... I'll wait till early one morning over the next few days.

Result - it seems ... though i cant confirm... the download will resume when you eventually get it to start again - so you DO NOT have to start at 0% each time.

But like i said i can't confirm that yet myself as i cant get past the user agreement

Grrrrrr

You'll download for 20 seconds - get disconnected and then have to quit the game and restart it and restart the update - then download for 10 seconds, get disconnected and then have to quit the game and restart it and restart the update - then get told right away the user agreement cant be downloaded so you have to quit the game and...

What a pile of cack

No wonder they released it early!

I tried logging into my USA account on the off chance i might start downloading the patch from US servers and hope that might be faster/more stable

But the same thing happened so im guessing i was still on the EU servers - which is just 5000 tin cans connected together with tape and miles and miles of string that run all the way to our homes

Or maybe you can't DL it until Monday...

Jeez Radiation - whats got into you today! Calm the fuck down!!!! LOL...

Its a massive release for the PSN (maybe more than GT) and its a simultanious world-wide release. With that in mind, I'm really surprised that PSN hasnt caught fire and is currently recovering in a burns unit.

I'm not going to bother trying to DL anything more to do with MGO until the weekend.

The rush is crazy, you cannot even run it till Monday!

Sony have just really got on my nipples today - and ive not shaved for a few days so this stubble is really REALLY irritating me... but the misses loves it.

I just wish they had ran the update through the PSN or given us the option of a download from the konami website or at the least given us a background download.

Plus sony keeping the store down for 2 weeks should mean 2 weeks of backlog content but we've got nothing... and no big sony surprise.

Grrrr

One great thing though - as the servers are stupidly overloaded... then that does show there is a HUGE demand for MGS4 = so it should shift ps3's... should help kojima out with the money to make future titles and should mean when june comes the online community will be huge.

I managed to get the update after SEVENTEEN attempts (and that's excluding the twenty minutes wasted where I couldn't even get past the user agreement screen). What makes it even more laughable is that you have to quit the game and reload it every time. It's not a case of "disconnected, try again?", it actually ASKS you to "quit the game and reload it". Pathetic.

What a load of arsing about, you can say it's down to server load but if this was on the 360 it would either A) reconnect automatically each time so you could leave it running instead of having to stop what you're doing every five minutes to check on it, or B) (if it was absolutely too busy) it would tell you so and say "try again later" rather than starting and stopping, starting and stopping, starting and stopping.

You can keep saying "wow Radiation calm the fuck down" but just because you now get paid money from Sony for each post doesn't mean it's alright for them to produce a system like that - I couldn't even leave it on while I walked the dog for God's sake because it would do two minutes and then stop, sitting there for half an hour doing fuck all downloading.

Seriously, Paul, change your avatar to this now or I'm going to do it for you:

playstation_cake.jpg

LOL... like it!

This isnt really Sonys fault though is it! Its Konami's.

You gonna blame the lag on PES2008 on 360 on Microsoft?

You gonna blame the lag on PES2008 on 360 on Microsoft?
No, because it's the same lag on the 360 and the PS3 you doughnut. :)

It's an exclusive title and it's Sony's biggest exclusive title, so they would be working together. If I worked for Sony and I saw this system, having to exit the game and go back in again 20-odd times, I would be helping them sort it out the next day. But it looks to me as if either A) they trust Konami too much, B) they're not that bothered because they know people will buy the full game anyway, or C) Sony are just incompetent. I won't comment on which I think it is but after the "remove all DualShock3s off eBay!!!!!!!!!!!11" fiasco I shouldn't think it would be hard to guess.

Last edited:

Thats not really fair then!?

You know full well that if this Beta was on 360 today too, that the same problems would be happening. This has nothing to do with PSN.

(I sound like Chemical Ali! "There is no problem. Move along")

It's an exclusive title and it's Sony's biggest exclusive title, so they would be working together. If I worked for Sony and I saw this system, having to exit the game and go back in again 20-odd times, I would be helping them sort it out the next day.

I do agree with you on that. For a flagship title, its poor show...

Back
Top Bottom